PDA

View Full Version : STV News Jambo Bias Coverage of the next round of the Scottish cup.

howdenthehibby
20-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Am I being paranoid ? This program is meant to be Edinburgh STV. But they start off their Scottish Cup coverage not with the Holders . Hibernian FC. But with Hearts versus Raith and the building job Cathro has in his hands . Followed by a short interview with Garry Locke. Then onto the next irrelevant Game between Bonnyrigg Rose and only Hibernian FC.(Scottish cup Holders from Edinburgh ) They then go on to focus on A Rose Jambo loving forward who is a joiner ( a noble trade ) that would delight on scoring the winning goal against us.Amnd the presenter wishes said Joiner the best of luck. Deary Funkin me. Nae wonder we get paranoid.

lord bunberry
20-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Am I being paranoid ? This program is meant to be Edinburgh STV. But they start off their Scottish Cup coverage not with the Holders . Hibernian FC. But with Hearts versus Raith and the building job Cathro has in his hands . Followed by a short interview with Garry Locke. Then onto the next irrelevant Game between Bonnyrigg Rose and only Hibernian FC.(Scottish cup Holders from Edinburgh ) They then go on to focus on A Rose Jambo loving forward who is a joiner ( a noble trade ) that would delight on scoring the winning goal against us.Amnd the presenter wishes said Joiner the best of luck. Deary Funkin me. Nae wonder we get paranoid.
They did quite a big feature on hibs yesterday.

ancient hibee
20-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Yes.

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Yes very much so.

howdenthehibby
20-01-2017, 06:00 PM
They did quite a big feature on hibs yesterday.

I did not see that . But C'mon its Friday night , the day before and they dish this up .Nah tis the traditional night to talk of the football on a Saturday. It is an STV conspiracy I tell you.

lord bunberry
20-01-2017, 06:03 PM
I did not see that . But C'mon its Friday night , the day before and they dish this up .Nah tis the traditional night to talk of the football on a Saturday. It is an STV conspiracy I tell you.
:greengrin Our feature was better. It had Leanne with the Scottish cup. I bet Cathy didn't have the cup with him.

stoneyburn hibs
20-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Meh, Only one team in Scotland are the holders of the Scottish Cup and everything else is irrelevant.

howdenthehibby
20-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Yes very much so. What ! Am I being paranoid ? or are STV Bias towards the Yams ? Mind you I have had a drink or 5 , does that make it worse ?

tamig
20-01-2017, 06:09 PM
The Scottish Cup has probably covered more miles since 21/5 than it had done in it's entire history up to that point. We are doing a sterling job as cup holders. STV Edinburgh can kick off with a hertz story if they like for all I care. Don't give two hoots.

where'stheslope
20-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Is it not just their thinking that our game is a forgone conclusion, and the Yams could be on a sticky wicket on Sunday?

To me they have a far tougher game especially with all their team changes!

We are coasting along and should be on easy street in our game!!!!

GreenLake
20-01-2017, 06:40 PM

The Yams will be laptopping it all up.

lord bunberry
20-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Is it not just their thinking that our game is a forgone conclusion, and the Yams could be on a sticky wicket on Sunday?

No it's just that they don't have time to do it all in one show, so they did hibs first as we are holders.

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Did anyone see interview with Mchattie on Wednesday, ex JT now playing for RR. He was banging on about being a Hertz fan in the crowd for 1-5 game & then went on to say just ask Turdy Skacel what it was like to play in that game. Very little was said about his current employer. Welt

Waxy
20-01-2017, 07:01 PM
They must chuck a few crumbs to gorgie. The big cup game is Rose v us. What an amazing match to kick off our defence.

lord bunberry
20-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Did anyone see interview with Mchattie on Wednesday, ex JT now playing for RR. He was banging on about being a Hertz fan in the crowd for 1-5 game & then went on to say just ask Turdy Skacel what it was like to play in that game. Very little was said about his current employer. Welt
It sums them up completely. While we move forward rebuilding our club and winning the cup, they go backwards and rest on their laurels. They may currently be in a higher division, but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind which club is better prepared for the next decade and beyond. I heard that after we won 7-0 we let things slip and constantly brought up 7-0. When I started being a hibby in the early 80s it was certainly mentioned a lot. Their financially doped dominance has gone and 5-1 is all they have left. It won't be much comfort in the years to come.

oldbutdim
20-01-2017, 08:54 PM
What ! Am I being paranoid ? or are STV Bias towards the Yams ? Mind you I have had a drink or 5 , does that make it worse ?

You're not that far wrong.

It was poor.

JimBHibees
20-01-2017, 09:31 PM

against their reserves don't think so.

jgl07
21-01-2017, 10:46 AM
There was a decent piece on the Radio 4 Today programme this morning. It was largely an interview with the Rose manager but there wasn't a single mention of Hearts.

Milandinho
21-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Did stv mention 2-0 and they ****** it up??? 😂😂😂

--------
21-01-2017, 05:12 PM
against their reserves don't think so.

Skacel and his mates will lie down. They're cheats, every one of them.

A lot of Raith fans are getting royally sick of their club being turned into a remand home for Jambos on licence.

Bayern Bru
21-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Imagine being a Hearts fan and paying the cash for a hospitality package that included a Q&A with Locke and Skacel.

And who have they got as the half-time guest? Colin Cameron of course.

:rolleyes: