PDA

View Full Version : Question Scottish Cup

dp00
20-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Just how many Scottish cups are there ? Cause it appears to be in loads of places this last week. Hibs have obviously been continuing its persevered tour but the SFA have also been out and about with it ???

Also anyone know when we give it back ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Was thinking the same myself.

I'm sure theres the original that never leaves the hampden museum. The winners take home a replica but i'm not sure how mnay replicas there are altogether.

Allant1981
20-01-2017, 02:42 PM
im sure the one hibs have been taking about is the replica, may be wrong but the original scottish cup is in the museum at hampden

Topographic Hibby
20-01-2017, 02:53 PM
im sure the one hibs have been taking about is the replica, may be wrong but the original scottish cup is in the museum at hampden
That's my understanding of things. The original is insured for a million pounds or similar. Don't think they insurers would be happy at us ordinary supporters swinging it about etc. There might even be a 2nd replica used for sponsor and media photo shoots as well as one used for winners events that we having been milking, sorry, holding.....!

Salt N Sauzee
20-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Aren't the winners given a replica for the trophy cabinet?

Scott Allan Key
20-01-2017, 03:17 PM
And, what is the difference in material, detail, finishing in the replica from the original?

Frazerbob
20-01-2017, 03:28 PM
There are two. The original that lives in Hampden, got presented to SDG and was swiftly swapped at the bottom of the Hampden stairs for the replica, which we have had since. The original is too delicate to get man handled by the players celebrating around the pitch and on the open top bus etc. The SFA and the club then liase with each other so that the replica can be at different events organised by Hibs, the SFA and William Hills. The ribbons are swapped over depending who's event it is. It's done a fair few miles the last 8 months!

.Sean.
20-01-2017, 03:30 PM
The replica that we've all had our photo with etc must be a fair age as it doesn't exactly look brand new when you see it up close. I take it that is the trophy that was on the open top bus etc? Anyone know how long the current replica had been in use and if the club will get a further copy to keep themselves?

Pretty Boy
20-01-2017, 03:42 PM
The replica that we've all had our photo with etc must be a fair age as it doesn't exactly look brand new when you see it up close. I take it that is the trophy that was on the open top bus etc? Anyone know how long the current replica had been in use and if the club will get a further copy to keep themselves?

Replica was introduced in 2001. Until then the winners still got to take the original home.

dp00
20-01-2017, 09:38 PM
The things done some traveling then

guthrie01
20-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Anyone know when the draw is for the next round ?

hibee_girl
20-01-2017, 10:21 PM

Sunday afternoon on sky after the Celtic game

guthrie01
20-01-2017, 10:22 PM

Thanks :aok: Hoping we get a good premiership tie once we sort out Bonnyrigg

SteveHFC
20-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Thanks :aok: Hoping we get a good premiership tie once we sort out Bonnyrigg

Hearts or Rangers home or away:agree:

Eyrie
20-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Home game against Raith please.

northstandhibby
20-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Home game against Raith please.

That would be very pleasing indeed especially if the gonk with the big nose was still there, we could organise a welcoming party for his arrival.

Glory Glory

dp00
20-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Rangers at home please, let's put them out again [emoji23]