PDA

View Full Version : NHC Posh Areas in Stadium

Colr
20-01-2017, 04:54 AM
Spurs to have a cheese room!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/tottenham-hotspur-new-stadium-cheese-white-hart-lane

I wonder what the Jambos will have.

norhfc
20-01-2017, 05:37 AM
The John Robertson Mince Pie Room

Colr
20-01-2017, 08:41 AM
More here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38682911

DarrenSQH
20-01-2017, 08:54 AM
10,000 pints a minute sounds good though!

Green Badger
20-01-2017, 09:10 AM
10,000 pints a minute sounds good though!9,999 per minute faster than BTG :)

Golden Bear
20-01-2017, 09:16 AM
9,999 per minute faster than BTG :)

Many a true word is said in jest!!

HibbySpurs
20-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Nowt wrong with a bit of cheese me old cockers...

GGTH

HibbySpurs
20-01-2017, 09:36 AM
More here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38682911

Stunning is the only word for those images :agree:

What's the MP sticking his oar in about "abusing national treasures" though with regards Wembley:confused:

Quite obviously an Arsenal fan who much like our Yam friends is upset at having a smaller stadium :greengrin:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
20-01-2017, 10:07 AM

What's the MP sticking his oar in about "abusing national treasures" though with regards Wembley:confused:

Quite obviously an Arsenal fan who much like our Yam friends is upset at having a smaller stadium :greengrin:greengrin

He's a Spurs fan, apparently :greengrin

Dibben
20-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Wow... looks great!!

Will be the 2nd nicest stadium in the UK only behind the Pink dome!!

😎

Since90+2
20-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Stadium looks brilliant. I like how they have kept one side as single tiered similar to what Dortmund have with the yellow wall.

The corporate facilities will be top notch (which will no doubt cost a fortune to hire) so their matchday revenue will increase massively compared to what they have at White Hart Lane at the moment.

Spurs as a club are on the up and if they can keep hold of Pochetino will win the league in the next 5 years IMO and have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe.

Hibs90
20-01-2017, 12:01 PM
As someone who has a particular dislike for all things Spurs I have to say the stadium looks absolutely stunning.

Waxy
20-01-2017, 12:03 PM
And half built over the current White hart lane.

calumhibee1
20-01-2017, 12:17 PM
That looks absolutely incredible.

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2017, 12:31 PM
The cost appears to have gone up quite a bit from the initial £400,000,000 I've seen quoted before ..... Its unbelievable that a single club, not even the biggest club in England, can afford this kind of money. Ye gods, for that kind of cash you could redevelop Scotland's top 20 football grounds outside of Glasgow to a very acceptable modern standard.

Jealousy aside from what I've seen on the Spurs website this is going to be one of the finest stadiums in the world, never mind Europe ... good for them they seem to have thought of everything, including paying attention to the stadiums atmosphere with the stands close to the pitch and the single deck at one end ..... when you look at the excitement the building of our east stand caused the Spurs fans must be beside themselves with this :greengrin

Smartie
20-01-2017, 01:35 PM
It is really impressive.

To think they wanted to end up at the Olympic Stadium initially.

Dashing Bob S
20-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Spurs to have a cheese room!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/tottenham-hotspur-new-stadium-cheese-white-hart-lane

I wonder what the Jambos will have.

They already have a knob cheese room - the toilets at the Wheatfield stand.

Salt N Sauzee
20-01-2017, 01:40 PM

:clapper:

Close the thread

howdenthehibby
20-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Meant for this . Laughing my Cheesy helmet off ! :top marks

Colr
20-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Stadium looks brilliant. I like how they have kept one side as single tiered similar to what Dortmund have with the yellow wall.

The corporate facilities will be top notch (which will no doubt cost a fortune to hire) so their matchday revenue will increase massively compared to what they have at White Hart Lane at the moment.

Spurs as a club are on the up and if they can keep hold of Pochetino will win the league in the next 5 years IMO and have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe.

It's designed to host American Football as well. They have a deal lined up to take a couple of games a year which go to Wembley at the moment and are talking about getting an NFL franchise.

I'd certainly like to get the change to see my beloved Pack!!

'Mon the cheeseheads!! (Excluding the ones in the Wheatfield toilets obviously)

jacomo
20-01-2017, 09:53 PM
It is really impressive.

To think they wanted to end up at the Olympic Stadium initially.

They didn't.

They wanted the site, but their proposal was to move the Olympic stadium to Crystal Palace and build an entirely new stadium on the site.

Basildon Hibs
20-01-2017, 10:36 PM

In your dreams... Spurs, for the size of club they are and the wealth and resources at their disposal, have a pretty ****ty 'honours' list.:wink:

LustForLeith
21-01-2017, 07:48 AM
It says that the capacity of 61,000 will make it the biggest stadium in London. I thought West Ham were going to make it 65,000?

Keith_M
21-01-2017, 07:53 AM

:agree:

I think that makes it a class apart from some other stadiums, like the Emirates.

When Liverpool were considering moving away from Anfield, I'm sure there plans included something similar.

jgl07
21-01-2017, 11:04 AM

Arsenal fans may be even sicker when Manchester City expand the Etihad to 62,000 next season.

Fair play to Spurs, it looked like being a magnificent stadium. I suspect they may have a sticky time playing at Wembley while the construction is going on.

hibs#1
21-01-2017, 07:58 PM
They didn't.

They wanted the site, but their proposal was to move the Olympic stadium to Crystal Palace and build an entirely new stadium on the site.

Surely that was a long way for a shortcut? Don't see the reasoning behind that one.where they really planning on moving the whole Olympic stadium?

nellio
21-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Will look forward to the NFL games they are having! Always enjoy seeing new stadiums.

hibby6270
22-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Surely that was a long way for a shortcut? Don't see the reasoning behind that one.where they really planning on moving the whole Olympic stadium?

Quite a few of the Olympic venues were designed and built in a way they could easily be dismantled and moved elsewhere. Pretty sure the main stadium wax the same. Bear in mind they've already changed it quite a bit from 2012. Capacity for the Olympics was 90,000(?). Now after West Ham's alterations, capacity is only around 50K. Maybe 55K.

Smartie
22-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Interesting to see that willy waving about stadium size happens in the English capital as well as the Scottish one.

I don't think Arsenal will be too bothered that their truly magnificent stadium has been slightly left behind by teams choosing to operate with a cheese room.

Smart stadium nonetheless.

Is It On....
22-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Wow... looks great!!

Will be the 2nd nicest stadium in the UK only behind the Pink dome!!

😎

The pink dome is in a class of its own...

Is It On....
22-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Quite a few of the Olympic venues were designed and built in a way they could easily be dismantled and moved elsewhere. Pretty sure the main stadium wax the same. Bear in mind they've already changed it quite a bit from 2012. Capacity for the Olympics was 90,000(?). Now after West Ham's alterations, capacity is only around 50K. Maybe 55K.

The wonga dome could be dismantled and moved to Daltons (for scrap)..🙂

The Pointer
22-01-2017, 10:08 AM
The micro-brewery idea sounds good. No gash fizzy lager presumably, but to sell 10,000 pints quickly will mean red hot taps.

Would love to set up similar in BTG. Pint of 'Hibeer 1902' (IPA), '2016' (lightly hopped, refreshing) or 'Famous 5 Hops' (complex, dry) anyone?

Salivating at the thought!

Is It On....
22-01-2017, 10:38 AM
The micro-brewery idea sounds good. No gash fizzy lager presumably, but to sell 10,000 pints quickly will mean red hot taps.

Would love to set up similar in BTG. Pint of 'Hibeer 1902' (IPA), '2016' (lightly hopped, refreshing) or 'Famous 5 Hops' (complex, dry) anyone?

Salivating at the thought!

Pint of 7-0 shilling. Would be easier at the PBS as you only need to ask for their house pint which is "bitter" 😂