PDA

View Full Version : Stevie May

Big L
19-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Stevie May on Hibs radar. Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee also interested.

Diclonius
19-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Ah, the Stevie May rumour. Thought we might finally not get it this window.

1875STEVE
19-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Always rated May.

If he's over his injury he will be a brilliant signing for whoever gets him.

Pity it's only a loan.

Apparently Aberdeen is his preference.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/456596/aberdeen-hearts-hibs-and-dundee-in-battle-for-ex-st-johnstone-star-stevie-may/

eastmainsmsh
19-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Hope there's something in this

JBradderz
19-01-2017, 03:10 PM
As a PNE supporter and hibs fan this would be a good move for both parties only as a loan deal... I think stevie has a bright future with PNE but since his horrific injury in November 2015 he's not played a competitive game so he needs game time to regain his fitness and maybe bang in a few more goals so that he can tahsin his confidence [emoji1303] however if north end don't pull a Robbie Keane deal I doubt stevie may will leave at all :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
19-01-2017, 03:36 PM
As a PNE supporter and hibs fan this would be a good move for both parties only as a loan deal... I think stevie has a bright future with PNE but since his horrific injury in November 2015 he's not played a competitive game so he needs game time to regain his fitness and maybe bang in a few more goals so that he can tahsin his confidence [emoji1303] however if north end don't pull a Robbie Keane deal I doubt stevie may will leave at all :(

Jeez. Maybe we should change the club name to ReHibilitation FC?

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Stevie Won't

JBradderz
19-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Jeez. Maybe we should change the club name to ReHibilitation FC?

It's not that ... he's played loads of games behind closed doors in friendlies etc and scored plenty he just needs to be in a competitive game and the fact he'd get game time and score goals for hib's it'd be a great move for both sides as he'd certainly be a difference in helping us achieve promotion [emoji1303] I do feel many PNE fans wouldn't want to send him out on loan .... Despite an injury he's still highly thought of!

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Stevie May on Hibs radar. Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee also interested.

So basically any scottish clubs with ambition / in the crap with dosh?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2017, 04:12 PM

You living in Preston? My sister got Married to a bloke from Lostockhall

JBradderz
19-01-2017, 04:19 PM
You living in Preston? My sister got Married to a bloke from Lostockhall

I do :) been a season ticket holder at Preston for 16 years they're my boyhood club but ended up on a weekend break when I was around 9/10 to Edinburgh and my old man took me on a hibs game just because we was in the area and ever since then I've been a follower ... I can't say I support as I rarely get to any games and give my money over the turnstiles but I'd love to commit more often I get up once or twice a year if I can so I can't say I'm a support but certainly do my best and proudly wear my hibs shirt around Preston from time to time which is one of my only financial contributions I make each year :)

greenlex
19-01-2017, 04:31 PM

Sounds like he needs game time. Why don't PNE just play him?

JBradderz
19-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Sounds like he needs game time. Why don't PNE just play him?

Current strikers doing ok scoring and working hard at the moment and I don't think he's in a rush to get may involved just yet. He's injury was a real bad one he had to wait several months before they could actually operate due to the swelling being so severe so now he's back training and has been back to full fitness for a few months I think (in my opinion) that he'll let him carry on training this season out and only use him if we really need to or let him go out on loan to get his fitness back up and then give him a full pre season in the summer and play him as of next season (my opinion) he's still highly rated just in no rush to put him in just yet we have a few strikers who may leave in the summer too freeing more space for May to come back. He has been scoring plenty of goals in friendlies though so he still has his eye for goal like he did at St Johnstone!

2016 Delivered
19-01-2017, 04:41 PM
He would be silly to come to us imo.

Waxy
19-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Probably dont need another striker. What we need is to get the best out the good strikers we have.

Unseen work
19-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Would love it to be true but won't happen.

Will sign for Aberdeen.

Cocaine&Caviar
19-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Has a ladyfriend in Alloa i believe.

neil7908
19-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Provided the injury hasn't done any lasting damage I'd be absolutely delighted to get him

jacomo
19-01-2017, 06:09 PM
I do :) been a season ticket holder at Preston for 16 years they're my boyhood club but ended up on a weekend break when I was around 9/10 to Edinburgh and my old man took me on a hibs game just because we was in the area and ever since then I've been a follower ... I can't say I support as I rarely get to any games and give my money over the turnstiles but I'd love to commit more often I get up once or twice a year if I can so I can't say I'm a support but certainly do my best and proudly wear my hibs shirt around Preston from time to time which is one of my only financial contributions I make each year :)

Glad to hear it. You sound like a Hibby to me. :thumbsup:

jdships
19-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Probably dont need another striker. What we need is to get the best out the good strikers we have.

:top marks:agree:

Rangers visitor
19-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Would love it to be true but won't happen.

Will sign for Aberdeen.

looks like it.....I wonder how up to speed he is......he was out injured for a long time

tamig
19-01-2017, 09:16 PM
looks like it.....I wonder how up to speed he is......he was out injured for a long time

Not sure what happened to May. Was he injured during a game?
Edit - just read he was injured in a game against Fulham just over a year ago.

2016 Delivered
19-01-2017, 09:21 PM
May is a fantastic talent and I hope he makes it. He will go up north for the remainder of the season then back down South again, he may need to drop down a league though, never done Snodgrass any harm.

On the subject of Scottish players, we lost Arfield to Canada and aren't picking Cairney who is brilliant. Why does he. It get a shot ahead of the likes of Barry Bannan?

CMurdoch
20-01-2017, 03:25 PM
May is a fantastic talent and I hope he makes it. He will go up north for the remainder of the season then back down South again, he may need to drop down a league though, never done Snodgrass any harm.

On the subject of Scottish players, we lost Arfield to Canada and aren't picking Cairney who is brilliant. Why does he. It get a shot ahead of the likes of Barry Bannan?

Who is Cairney?

nellio
20-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Plays for Fulham. Used to be at Blackburn.

AlbertK86
20-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Who is Cairney?

Tom Cairney .... Hibs tried to get him on loan when he played for u21s

Looks a very good player

high bee
20-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Has a ladyfriend in Alloa i believe.

Afraid not, he's engaged to a girl from North Fife and she lives down there with him.

CMurdoch
20-01-2017, 06:03 PM

Looks a very good player

Thanks for that, coincidently he celebrated his 26th birthday today.
He is playing at a good level.
I will keep up with him on The Championship highlights from now on.

JBradderz
21-01-2017, 08:58 AM

Looks a very good player

Tom Cairney's a very good player been a stand out player in the championship for a few years year and there's plenty of talk about Newcastle splashing some money on him during this window.

On the stevie may front.. our manager didn't comment on him joining Aberdeen but said that if any deals are done it'll be at the end of the window so north end don't leave themselves short.