PDA

View Full Version : Minute's applause Saturday

swordin3
18-01-2017, 08:19 PM
What about a minute's Applause on the 2-3 rd minute to give the Jambo's in the crowd on Saturday a we reminder who holds the Scottish cup.:flag::flag::flag:

Carheenlea
18-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Have a think about the reasoning behind why supporters participate in minutes applause's, then ask yourself if you still think that would be good idea?

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Can we leave such nonsense to the Jambo s please with their 5 1 p##h

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2017, 08:45 PM
What about a minute's Applause on the 2-3 rd minute to give the Jambo's in the crowd on Saturday a we reminder who holds the Scottish cup.:flag::flag::flag:

What about we settle down once our new cup campaign begins and look forward.

NikGunnarsson
18-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Have a think about the reasoning behind why supporters participate in minutes applause's, then ask yourself if you still think that would be good idea?

No need to be so condescending in your tone, doubt the guy meant it in any bad way.

swordin3
18-01-2017, 08:55 PM
You make a fair point.There was certainly no disrespect meant. But lighten up a bit.

Haymaker
18-01-2017, 08:58 PM
We don't need to remind them... It's making them sick every day.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2017, 09:03 PM

This. Desperate stuff from the Jambos to try and displace their inadequate seethe of the destruction of their history and eradication of their songbook. We are still their sole reason for living. Better we don't give a toss about them, and just treat their slightly sad efforts with patronising disdain.

hibby6270
18-01-2017, 09:08 PM
I know we already did it at ER during the Dundee Utd game but is there not a plan to have a minutes applause again on 30th minute for the ex Rose laddie that was killed at New Year?

iwasthere1972
18-01-2017, 09:11 PM
I know we already did it at ER during the Dundee Utd game but is there not a plan to have a minutes applause again on 30th minute for the ex Rose laddie that was killed at New Year?

It would appear so.

Bonnyrigg Rose is now considering the use of commemorative strips at their cup game against Hibs on January 21.
Club secretary Robert Dickson said they wanted to get Mr Woodburn’s name, and possibly his date of birth, printed on the specially-made strips.
The club is also in discussions with Hibernian about the possibility of having a minute’s silence or applause.
Mr Dickson said: “As an ex-player we are going to do that for him. Obviously we’ll be in touch with Hibs and I believe Shaun was a Hibs supporter so it’s a fitting tribute for him.”

18-01-2017, 09:11 PM

Exactly.

The minutes applause is for fellow football fans who have passed on, lets not use it for getting one up on a rival. The yams are planning a 51 applause for Skacel.

They know they ****ed up in the SC, they know if it wasnt for their own faults that they would still have their beloved 1902, 114 years etc songbook. Kind of demeans what that sort of thing is actually for. I know the OP didn't mean any disrespect or anything though.

banners, flags etc great but no on the applause.

Northernhibee
18-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Plenty of "When Hibs went up to win the Scottish cup" chants, plenty of "Sammy Nicolson, could have won the cup" chants (who could remember his antics of waving his bollocks about in public before their capitulation) - doesn't need to be time specific, let's just enjoy going into a Scottish Cup game as the holders for the first time since 1903 :gwa:

Sir David Gray
18-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Personally I would be quite glad if the minute's applause was no longer used in the way that it has been recently.

I'm all for showing respect for people who have sadly passed away but I don't think the minute's applause is the best way to do it. It's also done far too often in my opinion.

I am genuinely sorry if that upsets or offends anyone but if we can change the minute's applause into meaning something else then that's fine with me.

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Personally I would be quite glad if the minute's applause was no longer used in the way that it has been recently.

I'm all for showing respect for people who have sadly passed away but I don't think the minute's applause is the best way to do it. It's also done far too often in my opinion.

I am genuinely sorry if that upsets or offends anyone but if we can change the minute's applause into meaning something else then that's fine with me.

Yes agreed, the minutes applause has always seemed a ridiculous way to show respect in my opinion. We have allowed the idiots to force us into moving from silence which was a true show of respect in my opinion.

cabbageandribs1875
18-01-2017, 09:48 PM
i watched Aston villa have a minutes applause after 20mins and 16secs in the recent game v Leeds for all fans that had passed away during the year, although they do have a big electric scoreboard type screen with photos of the fans http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-aston-villa-fans-pay-12383977 , i'm sure hibs had a sort of 'remember' them with posters up in the east concourse with places to attach a photo a few months back, was it just a trial thing ?

Sir David Gray
18-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Yes agreed, the minutes applause has always seemed a ridiculous way to show respect in my opinion. We have allowed the idiots to force us into moving from silence which was a true show of respect in my opinion.

I agree with you 100%.

I don't mind admitting that I absolutely detest the minute's applause and my heart sinks whenever I read on here or on Facebook etc that we're due to have one. Not because I don't want to pay respects to someone who has died but because I just don't feel it's the best way to express your condolences.

The minute's silence is the most appropriate and dignified way to mark someone's passing and I hope we someday get back to this way of thinking, once this current fad phases out.

hibbie02
18-01-2017, 10:10 PM
I agree with you 100%.

I don't mind admitting that I absolutely detest the minute's applause and my heart sinks whenever I read on here or on Facebook etc that we're due to have one. Not because I don't want to pay respects to someone who has died but because I just don't feel it's the best way to express your condolences.

The minute's silence is the most appropriate and dignified way to mark someone's passing and I hope we someday get back to this way of thinking, once this current fad phases out.

I always remember when a minutes applause was a mark or respect. When George Best died, the applause was for a one off, football giant. It seems that since that magical minute of applause, everyone has tried to tap into that magic. I have no big issue with remembering people who are part of the Hibernian family, but lets keep the respect dignified, silent and in proprtion.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-01-2017, 10:28 PM
I think when it's DURING a game to show a mark of respect to a member of the hibee family that's sadly passed is a nice touch, particularly in certain instances. But prior to a game for a "figure" in the world because certain people can't hold their tongue for 60 seconds is a disgrace.

I get why we done both minutes applause in the United game but for me (and I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone) the time to pay respect to the ex roses shaun was this weekend. 2 separate minute's applause was a bit too much imo

macca70
18-01-2017, 10:29 PM
How about we come up with a song to be sung for 90 mins constant about; last time we were here, we were 2-0 down but the Hearts ****ed it up and we went on to win the cup

Just needs a tune and streamlined words

northstandhibby
18-01-2017, 11:25 PM
How about we come up with a song to be sung for 90 mins constant about; last time we were here, we were 2-0 down but the Hearts ****ed it up and we went on to win the cup

To their tune of Hertz Hertz just to rub it in even more.

:singing:

Cup Cup we won the Cup

The hearts couldnae stoap us from winning the Cup

Two goals in front and they thought that was it

But Cummings and Hanlon made that look like S**t

S**t S**t the hertz were pure S**t

And as for their Robbie he was just a tit

When he said they wanted a derby replay

The Hi bees will always be able to say

Cup Cup we won the Cup

:greengrin

Glory Glory

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2017, 11:57 PM

It. Was. On. Your. Watch.

Andy74
19-01-2017, 12:20 AM
I agree with you 100%.

I don't like them either but I find trying to differentiate between applause and silence to be a bit odd. Surely it's the thought behind it that counts? It makes no odds what arbitrary physical act that you attribute to the thought.

My issue is it's just overused and meaningless now for the most part and it should be kept for ex players and the like. There are tens of thousands of Hibs fans and we all die at some stage!

jax67
19-01-2017, 06:04 AM

What about a minutes exaggerated laughter when they start their applause?

hibbysam
19-01-2017, 06:10 AM
When we are 3-0 up I'd like us to go through the whole 14 players plus Stubbs and Doolan from the cup final with a song for every one of them.

swordin3
19-01-2017, 06:55 AM

Sounds good.

swordin3
19-01-2017, 06:56 AM
No need to be so condescending in your tone, doubt the guy meant it in any bad way.

Correct

SlatefordHibby
19-01-2017, 07:00 AM
I don't like them either but I find trying to differentiate between applause and silence to be a bit odd. Surely it's the thought behind it that counts? It makes no odds what arbitrary physical act that you attribute to the thought.

My issue is it's just overused and meaningless now for the most part and it should be kept for ex players and the like. There are tens of thousands of Hibs fans and we all die at some stage!

Agree 100%

SlatefordHibby
19-01-2017, 07:01 AM

I think Hearts are having their strange applause at Kirkcaldy.

northstandhibby
19-01-2017, 07:08 AM
When we are 3-0 up I'd like us to go through the whole 14 players plus Stubbs and Doolan from the cup final with a song for every one of them.

Tune of KC and the Sunshine Band - Baby Give it Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFQMKcsIF8

The Jambos f****d it up f****d It up the Jambos f****d it up

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

Logan won the cup won the cup Logan won the cup

Gray won the cup won the cup Gray won the cup

and so on through to all the players and management team.

Smartie
19-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Why don't we just go bananas in the second minute of injury time then invade the pitch on the final whistle?

Mathias Jack
20-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Tune of KC and the Sunshine Band - Baby Give it Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFQMKcsIF8

The Jambos f****d it up f****d It up the Jambos f****d it up

Logan won the cup won the cup Logan won the cup

Gray won the cup won the cup Gray won the cup

and so on through to all the players and management team.

"The Jambos f****d it up f****d It up the Jambos f****d it up"...this sung repeatedly is good enough for me!

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2017, 07:14 PM

To the same tune as the bread mans song.

Oh Neilson is a fanny
He wears a fannies hat
It worked against THE RANGERS
And other ***** like that
But when they played the Hibees in the Scottish Cup
They threw away a 2 goal lead
And Hibees won the cup

wookie70
20-01-2017, 07:25 PM
I'd rather we stopped all during game commemorations. If someone who is important to football or the club(employee, players etc) has passed away a minutes silence or applause before the game starts and black armbands. Leave it at that.

northstandhibby
20-01-2017, 07:29 PM
To the same tune as the bread mans song.

Oh Neilson is a fanny
He wears a fannies hat
It worked against THE RANGERS
And other ***** like that
But when they played the Hibees in the Scottish Cup
They threw away a 2 goal lead
And Hibees won the cup

Could work as a second verse or first verse to the bread mans song.

:aok:

Oh Neilson was a fanny
He really was a twat
He didnae huv a wand
Or a magic hat
And when they played the Hi bees in the Scottish Cup
They threw away a two goal lead
The Jambo's f****d it up

Oh Warburtons a fanny................

hibsmum
20-01-2017, 07:30 PM
I thought the applause was for a former Bonnyrigg player and a much liked and respected young guy who died in very tragic circumstances and a die hard Hibs fan

hibee_girl
20-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I thought the applause was for a former Bonnyrigg player and a much liked and respected young guy who died in very tragic circumstances and a die hard Hibs fan

There's a minutes silence before the game

Iggy Pope
20-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Why don't we just go bananas in the second minute of injury time then invade the pitch on the final whistle?

Post of this thread :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Could work as a second verse or first verse to the bread mans song.

Oh Neilson was a fanny
He really was a twat
He didnae huv a wand
Or a magic hat
And when they played the Hi bees in the Scottish Cup
They threw away a two goal lead
The Jambo's f****d it up

Oh Warburtons a fanny................

It would have to be 1st verse as they were tucked away b4 The Rangers.

northstandhibby
20-01-2017, 08:23 PM
It would have to be 1st verse as they were tucked away b4 The Rangers.

That's what I was thinking too. Just tweaked your very good idea a little bit.

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2017, 08:31 PM
That's what I was thinking too. Just tweaked your very good idea a little bit.

Tell me

Niffy
21-01-2017, 06:48 AM
I'd rather we stopped all during game commemorations. If someone who is important to football or the club(employee, players etc) has passed away a minutes silence or applause before the game starts and black armbands. Leave it at that.

Yes! It's every second game now it seems.