PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan ?

Hibby soldier
18-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Dundee Utd & Hibs are keen to re-sign Scott Allan if he can negotiate his release from Celtic. Neilson (MKDons) & Cathro (Hearts) interested

https://twitter.com/hfctransfernews/status/821322062694379520:flag:

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Dundee Utd & Hibs are keen to re-sign Scott Allan if he can negotiate his release from Celtic. Neilson (MKDons) & Cathro (Hearts) interested

here we go again another SA thread starts.....

Betty Boop
18-01-2017, 08:03 PM

Yaasss!

KSA Hibee
18-01-2017, 08:14 PM
here we go again another SA thread starts.....

Now that you bring it up does anyone think Deeks could still do a job for us? :wink:

BigKev
18-01-2017, 08:22 PM

That's the same twitter account that told folk QPR had bid a 7 figure sum for Cummings last week. They tweet pish. I wouldn't read anything into it.

oldbutdim
18-01-2017, 08:23 PM

:fishin:

brianmc
18-01-2017, 08:23 PM
I'd welcome a Hibs return for Scott Allan with less enthusiasm than us signing Rudi Skacel....
At least Gonzo Skacel was paid by a rival team to try and screw us. That hun rat bassa Allan chose to do it. ****'im! He can rot as far as I care.

northstandhibby
18-01-2017, 08:29 PM
I'd welcome a Hibs return for Scott Allan with less enthusiasm than us signing Rudi Skacel....
At least Gonzo Skacel was paid by a rival team to try and screw us. That hun rat bassa Allan chose to do it. ****'im! He can rot as far as I care.

I agree with you and tbf it's a natural reaction to how he rejected playing for us when we desperately required all of our players to be fully committed to helping us get promoted. He caused a glitch at a time of need.

I fully appreciate there is a division among us with those like me and brianmc who would be set against having him back if it was to happen and those of us who would welcome him back.

But in saying that if he was to return and play like he can and commit to us for the foreseeable future he could earn himself some respect back but cannot see it unfortunately.

Hey ho.

Glory Glory

Paloschi
18-01-2017, 08:30 PM

Imagine you played for a club but Hibs came along with an offer and you wanted to go... Would you not hand in a transfer request. I would take him back. We all welcomed deeks, murray and thomson back and its much less ridiculous than their moves!

Haymaker
18-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Now that you bring it up does anyone think Deeks could still do a job for us? :wink:

Yes.

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2017, 08:32 PM

Agreed, would rather sign Woody.

BH Hibs
18-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Why don't they just call that page read it on .net news or spouting bollocks news.

Unseen work
18-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Would love it to be true, however most likely isn't.

Can't see him signing for us or united after what's went on.

Would be a very good signing for Aberdeen and suprised he hasn't been mentioned

keep the faith
18-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Fingers crossed!! Allan and Mcginn. Yes please.

Glory Lurker
18-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Aaarrrggghhh!!!!!! Please make it stop!!!!

:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Andy74
18-01-2017, 08:49 PM
My principles tell me he's not welcome back under any circumstances but he's a decent player. I've been known to change my principles when it suits.

brianmc
18-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Imagine you played for a club but Hibs came along with an offer and you wanted to go... Would you not hand in a transfer request. I would take him back. We all welcomed deeks, murray and thomson back and its much less ridiculous than their moves!

We didn't all welcome Deeks, Murray and KT back at all!
Riordan was most widely accepted back but IM and KT were very divisive figures. You just need to look back at some of the threads on here about them - or check out the embarrassing attendance at Murray's testimonial.

Diclonius
18-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Allan is the best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road barring Brown. He can come back whenever he wants, don't care about his past behaviour.

schinkenotto
18-01-2017, 09:05 PM
After his petted behaviour,I wouldn't let him even sell programmes for us!

Michael
18-01-2017, 09:06 PM
No thanks.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2017, 09:12 PM

Talk about covering the bases might as well have lobbed in the Dons as well...

3pm
18-01-2017, 09:14 PM
My principles tell me he's not welcome back under any circumstances but he's a decent player. I've been known to change my principles when it suits.

I'd take him.

Bishop Hibee
18-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Allan playing in the role Shinnie and then Commons played in would be good. I'm happy to back Lennon's judgement either way. This season is all about getting out of this league. If fans have to hold their noses if we sign Allan then they should. There are still Hibs fans with nothing positive to say about Lennon which shows you're never going to please everyone.

jeffers
18-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Can't see it happening either. but I'd love to see him back playing alongside John McGinn. Imo we've missed a player like him who can thread a pass through a packed defence.

One of the best players I've seen in a Hibs jersey in the past few years.

Pretty Boy
18-01-2017, 09:27 PM
I have no time for how Allan acted in his final weeks at ER.

However what I ultimately care about most is Hibs getting back into the Premiership. If Neil Lennon feels Allan would improve our squad (and I'd struggle to argue Shinnie is a better option) then I'd be happy enough to see him back.

TheHarpy76
18-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Re-sign him and give him the chance to dump on us from a great height again?

No thanks!

mentalhibee
18-01-2017, 10:54 PM
I'd take him back but would rather sign Liam Henderson if possible.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2017, 11:03 PM

I don't want us to sign Scott Allan either but that's just taking things too far!

I despise Rudi Skacel with an absolute passion, I don't dislike any other football player as much as him.

keep the faith
18-01-2017, 11:13 PM
We didn't all welcome Deeks, Murray and KT back at all!
Riordan was most widely accepted back but IM and KT were very divisive figures. You just need to look back at some of the threads on here about them - or check out the embarrassing attendance at Murray's testimonial.

Yep. Some of the posts regarding KT from prominent posters on here were disgraceful. A guy who cares hugely about our club. Murray was the same. Allan getting the same sort of vile stuff now. Things are not always black and white. Careers are short and influences are everywhere.
I was disappointed when he left but he was a fantastic football player for us and that doesn't change just because his head was turned by his childhood team.
Would love him back. Appreciate others have different views but I find some of the comments being made not really hibs class.

Salt N Sauzee
18-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Do folk actually still believe anything that comes from that "HFC Transfer News"?

Total slaver. Just makes things up. Pretty sure it was him who started the term "breaking rumour" :crazy:

Eyrie
18-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Do folk actually still believe anything that comes from that "HFC Transfer News"?

Total slaver. Just makes things up. Pretty sure it was him who started the term "breaking rumour" :crazy:

Only if I've read it on the PM Board first.

jacomo
18-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Talk about covering the bases might as well have lobbed in the Dons as well...

Why aren't Sevco in the mix? How can they not help one of their own in his hour of need?

.Sean.
19-01-2017, 08:03 AM
Id rather place an empty Hibs top on the park and play with a further 10 men than play with Allan. The empty top would probably have as much grace and respect for Hibs as Allan does to boot.

**** the little runt.

bigwheel
19-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Id rather place an empty Hibs top on the park and play with a further 10 men than play with Allan. The empty top would probably have as much grace and respect for Hibs as Allan does to boot.

**** the little runt.

Now that's a strong feeling! :greengrin

Salt N Sauzee
19-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Now that's a strong feeling! :greengrin

He's right though.

Would everyone be so forgiving of Allan if it was Hearts he tried to force a move to rather than Rangers?

Keith_M
19-01-2017, 08:57 AM
I don't think Hibs are interested in him at all, this is just pure speculation.

Is Scott Allen the new Derek Riordan and there's going to be speculation during every transfer window about whether he's 'coming home'?

Thecat23
19-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Cathro and Potter are very interested.

Smartie
19-01-2017, 09:39 AM

Cathro I can understand as Scott Allan was very good in Football Manager 2012.

Scott Allan strikes me as being about a foot too small to be a Potter player though.

polarbear
19-01-2017, 12:39 PM
I think he'd be a good signing for next year in the Premier League.
Talented boy if he can stay fit.

Springbank
19-01-2017, 12:49 PM
I think he'd be a good signing for next year in the Premier League.
Talented boy if he can stay fit.
#handitin
:agree:

polarbear
19-01-2017, 01:23 PM
#handitin

I'm sorry but I don't know what that means!
I'm old. :rolleyes:

hibsboy69
19-01-2017, 10:40 PM

You are normally pretty good with you're info Cat....but I believe you are wrong with this one (who told you this about Scott Allan ?)

I was told by a VERY good source (who I cannot name) that Hearts will not be signing Allan (they see him as a "bad egg"). They are now looking to sign a striker. Hope he's a dud like Connor Sammon ! :greengrin

Edit - If they end up signing Allan I'll never listen to my source again!

The Leith Dutch
20-01-2017, 12:16 AM
He's right though.

Would everyone be so forgiving of Allan if it was Hearts he tried to force a move to rather than Rangers?

Sorry but I detest Rangers/The Rangers more than Hearts.

Obviously in a match between the two teams I'd be hoping for 22 sendings off, nae hot water in the showers, gridlock both ways on the M8 and a widespread failing of heating or air conditioning (depending on the time of year) on all supporter coaches.

lucky
20-01-2017, 12:47 AM
I'd take SA back without hesitation, we welcomed back IM and KT and both were just as bad if not worse with their comments and actions than SA. He is also one of the most gifted footballers to play at Hibs in the last 10 years.

HappyAsHellas
20-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Utter speculation, but if Celtic are looking at McGinn as one for the future, would they not think of offering us SA and Liam as part of a deal?

As far as him coming back I'd be well pleased - he's a good football player, knows the setup here and got on well with the squad, we could do a lot worse. Not happy how he treated us the last time but we're in the world of football, where fickleness rules and morals are few and far between.

monktonharp
20-01-2017, 01:45 AM
I agree with you and tbf it's a natural reaction to how he rejected playing for us when we desperately required all of our players to be fully committed to helping us get promoted. He caused a glitch at a time of need.

I fully appreciate there is a division among us with those like me and brianmc who would be set against having him back if it was to happen and those of us who would welcome him back.

But in saying that if he was to return and play like he can and commit to us for the foreseeable future he could earn himself some respect back but cannot see it unfortunately.

Hey ho.

Glory GloryWell, I do have to say in response to your post............he can get tae!!!!!!

monktonharp
20-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Allan is the best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road barring Brown. He can come back whenever he wants, don't care about his past behaviour.says you, but not me

monktonharp
20-01-2017, 02:01 AM
Allan playing in the role Shinnie and then Commons played in would be good. I'm happy to back Lennon's judgement either way. This season is all about getting out of this league. If fans have to hold their noses if we sign Allan then they should. There are still Hibs fans with nothing positive to say about Lennon which shows you're never going to please everyone. having not read all the posts yet, I will comment on yours. Allan, was a first class fud, along with his agent while engineering his move from us . FACT. he then somehow totally mucked it all up, while saying he wanted desperately to play for his beloved sevco, then sign for Celtic :rolleyes:it's a funny auld game eh? he played the game of his life for us against Falkirk at Hampden and we should have been in the final but hey ho, we never made it. he has had his shot of glory, down South and eventually came hame and played for us. as far as I remember he actually said he wanted back doon there? we don't need his sort, we need decent hard working professionals, prepared to go the extra mile and win games.

monktonharp
20-01-2017, 02:09 AM
I'd take SA back without hesitation, we welcomed back IM and KT and both were just as bad if not worse with their comments and actions than SA. He is also one of the most gifted footballers to play at Hibs in the last 10 years.the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very derogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that

polarbear
20-01-2017, 02:09 AM
It's a short career lads.
Move on and forgive and forget.
If he's fit and willing then he'd move us forward.

monktonharp
20-01-2017, 02:12 AM
Utter speculation, but if Celtic are looking at McGinn as one for the future, would they not think of offering us SA and Liam as part of a deal?

As far as him coming back I'd be well pleased - he's a good football player, knows the setup here and got on well with the squad, we could do a lot worse. Not happy how he treated us the last time but we're in the world of football, where fickleness rules and morals are few and far between.you have a point, but I try to stick to my morals. I'm only a daft fan though:cb

Pete
20-01-2017, 03:06 AM
It's a short career lads.
Move on and forgive and forget.
If he's fit and willing then he'd move us forward.

I remember when we lost Allan the first time and felt a bit "meh" about getting replacements called Henderson and McGinn.

Rule nothing out.

Captain Trips
20-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Easy enough for me thought he was good not great not as good "IMO", Would he improve us? probably though not seen him play in quite a long time. His actions at the start of last season said it all about the club and support who were behind him in getting back on track.

I hope he signs for Dundee Utd as we are still winning this league and he can stay down here, no worries that Bartley can deal with him during any future encounters. To want to play for a club and in doing so try to play a part in keeping Hibs in this division says it all about him.

Bartley or Fyvie Allan in back pocket all day.

2016 Delivered
20-01-2017, 09:15 AM
the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very derogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that

It's Thomson. 👍

w pilton hibby
20-01-2017, 10:34 AM
SA is still on loan at Rotherham... and still not tracking back!

Copy and paste this into a new window. (Can't do quotes on this tablet).

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/01/19/in-training-he-stood-out-hes-outstanding-celtic-loanee-praised-by-championship-boss/322443/

tamig
20-01-2017, 11:30 AM
the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very d it erogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that

I'm sure it was Jackson who ghost wrote KTs column in the rag. I suspect the actual words that came out of KTs mouth were hugely twisted before they appeared in print. Jackson is a runt.

Captain Trips
20-01-2017, 11:35 AM
I'm sure it was Jackson who ghost wrote KTs column in the rag. I suspect the actual words that came out of KTs mouth were hugely twisted before they appeared in print. Jackson is a runt.

If it was you then and you hadn't said what was printed under your name would you basically say nothing at the time? BTW Jackson is a runt but if it bothered KT at the time then he would and should have said. I believe later a lot later he eluded to having not said what was written but that is easy to say after the event.

Smartie
20-01-2017, 11:37 AM

If anyone should have a problem with anyone over the whole KT fiasco, it is KT who should have a problem with Jackson (although I don't know what was ever said between those two).

Jackson's drivel in the paper drove a wedge between Hibs fans and KT that took a lot of breaking down. It might not yet even be broken down, in spite of the fact that he's played for us for free and played a major part in big results in our cup run amongst other things.

For his performances against Hearts, KT will forever be one of the unsung heroes of our cup win and that trumps everything else.

Jackson always has been and always will be a Rangers-minded ****bag who will continue to cause us problems as long as he works in the media.

Captain Trips
20-01-2017, 11:54 AM
We do not need to like every player who plays for us.

I think KT is still a bawbag as is SA however going through the turnstyles for the 90mins all players get my support I will vent my feelings for players after match on here on a debating forum.

There are world class players whom I do not think much of as people but if played for us they would get my support but I still wouldn't like them.

Thecat23
20-01-2017, 12:22 PM
You are normally pretty good with you're info Cat....but I believe you are wrong with this one (who told you this about Scott Allan ?)

I was told by a VERY good source (who I cannot name) that Hearts will not be signing Allan (they see him as a "bad egg"). They are now looking to sign a striker. Hope he's a dud like Connor Sammon ! :greengrin

Edit - If they end up signing Allan I'll never listen to my source again!

Really? Your source may well be correct mate. Was actually a player who told me about Cathro wanting him. Maybe Potter has overruled this?

Smartie
20-01-2017, 12:25 PM
SA is still on loan at Rotherham... and still not tracking back!

Copy and paste this into a new window. (Can't do quotes on this tablet).

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/01/19/in-training-he-stood-out-hes-outstanding-celtic-loanee-praised-by-championship-boss/322443/

Is Allan on loan at Rotherham for the season or is it just until this month?

If it is for the season then surely this is all just pointless speculation?

I thought he'd gone back to Celtic, hence the rumours.

oldbutdim
20-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Spot on.

KT didn't write a single word of 'his' column.
The content was usually read out over the phone and 'agreed' with KT - who admitted that he shouldn't have let some of it go in hindsight. The 'starving mummy' one he bitterly regretted.

It can't be denied though - no matter how much he later wished he hadn't 'written it' he should never have agreed to let it go in his name.

Daft laddie with £ signs in his eyes..............

magpie1892
20-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Spot on.

KT didn't write a single word of 'his' column.
The content was usually read out over the phone and 'agreed' with KT - who admitted that he shouldn't have let some of it go in hindsight. The 'starving mummy' one he bitterly regretted.

It can't be denied though - no matter how much he later wished he hadn't 'written it' he should never have agreed to let it go in his name.

Daft laddie with £ signs in his eyes..............

Didn't help, of course, that Jackson thinks that the odious Willie MacKay is his mate, whereas the latter has been playing the former like a violin for 20 years or so.

oldbutdim
20-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Didn't help, of course, that Jackson thinks that the odious Willie MacKay is his mate, whereas the latter has been playing the former like a violin for 20 years or so.

Quite apt, for a master fiddler.

:wink:

w pilton hibby
20-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Is Allan on loan at Rotherham for the season or is it just until this month?

If it is for the season then surely this is all just pointless speculation?

I thought he'd gone back to Celtic, hence the rumours.

Allan's loan is for the season. He was back at Celtic for treatment for an injury in December but as far as I know he's back down south. The report is dated yesterday.

As an aside, 95% of this thread is all pointless speculation... the other 5% is rubbish!

IMHO of course.

Captain Trips
20-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Allan's loan is for the season. He was back at Celtic for treatment for an injury in December but as far as I know he's back down south. The report is dated yesterday.

As an aside, 95% of this thread is all pointless speculation... the other 5% is rubbish!

IMHO of course.

You have just pushed it up to 6‰? :)

hibsboy69
20-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Really? Your source may well be correct mate. Was actually a player who told me about Cathro wanting him. Maybe Potter has overruled this?

Yes, really mate :aok:

Anyway, I thought he was fantastic for us........just imagine if he had Hendo or McGinn's attitude ? World beater.

StevieC
21-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Came on and played about 20 mins against Newcastle today. Contributed very little, showed no urgency to get on the ball and other than one good pass I saw nothing that would suggest he'd improve things at Easter Road.

Smartie
22-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Came on and played about 20 mins against Newcastle today. Contributed very little, showed no urgency to get on the ball and other than one good pass I saw nothing that would suggest he'd improve things at Easter Road.

Strange question maybe but how do you think the 2 levels compare?

I don't know if failing to make an impact as sub for Rotherham away to a club the size of Newcastle would suggest that he wouldn't be able to make an impact for us.

StevieC
22-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Strange question maybe but how do you think the 2 levels compare?

I don't know if failing to make an impact as sub for Rotherham away to a club the size of Newcastle would suggest that he wouldn't be able to make an impact for us.

Of course you are correct it is two different leagues, but the Championship (for all its hype) is not anything special. And Newcastle may be a "big" club, but they've not got a great team and been beaten by numerous teams in the relegation zone. This team may well get them promoted, but it's a team that would bring them straight back down again.
So, in answer to your query, I don't think the size of the club or the quality of the opposing players, would have prevented him from showing his ability. Maybe the fact that they were already beaten, and conceded again not long after he came on, may have been the reason he never had any appetite. A bit like he he could be with us sometimes, when things weren't going his way.

As I said, my post was based on the contribution of the player not the level or stage of the game.

Edit: I should add that Rotherham brought another player on, Danny Ward, who put in an excellent shift. He chased players down, created space, and almost had his hard work pay off with a consolation goal. I don't think the score, or size of Newcastle, had any affect on his abilities.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2017, 03:33 PM

IMHO of course.
Agree wi you 101%

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Yes, really mate :aok:

Anyway, I thought he was fantastic for us........just imagine if he had Hendo or McGinn's attitude ? World beater.

But he hasn't got there attitude. That is why he is where he is.
Waster.

Hibee87
23-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Did anyone see the hearald article with Stubbs saying rangers would have been his preferred move but we couldn't let that happen? (As was explained at the time)
Their headline is 'hibs blocked Scott Allan move to rangers.'
Just seen a page on Facebook about it and they are spewing. Hibs and Stubbs ruined his career, and the sfa should be taking action against us for blocking the move . It's comedy gold, wish I knew how to post a link.

No mention he was contracted to hibs and we diffused from the off to sell to our main challengers 😂

StevieC
23-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Did anyone see the hearald article with Stubbs saying rangers would have been his preferred move but we couldn't let that happen?

I saw that .. complete non-story regurgitated to sell papers to sevco dafties.

It was clearly stated at the time that we would not be selling Allan to Sevco. Mainly because we were still in with a shout of winning the league and it would be lunacy to let one of our best players go to strengthen our main rivals, but also because they were unwilling to meet our valuation of the player and were trying to get him "on the cheap" (by using the media to coerce the move). So common knowledge at the time that we would not release him early, but he was free to move on (for nothing) at the end of the season.

However, Celtic then came in and met our valuation .. and all the media hype about him being desperate to play for his boyhood heroes went out the window when he saw the £'s.

southsider
23-01-2017, 10:56 PM

SA is to wee for Potter. Another giant from Easter Euope more likely.

cmcd
23-01-2017, 11:05 PM
the gentlemen you metion as being "welcomed back" were not such, by all Hibernian fans. you need to understand that. both made very derogatory remarks at times, mainly Thompson through the daily ranger and I for one don't forget that

Can't remember us having player by the name of Thompson

Captain Trips
23-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Anyone that would actually want to play for that mob says it all really.

jacomo
24-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Who's ruined SA's career?

How about turning a player's head and turning him against his club, when you know you don't have the money for him?

Sevco are a ****my business, no mistake.

J-C
24-01-2017, 12:13 AM

Really, you're having a go at the guy for adding a "P" in the name, jeez. :rolleyes:

monktonharp
24-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Really, you're having a go at the guy for adding a "P" in the name, jeez. :rolleyes:best ignored for that , mate. we're aw Jock Thamson's bairns at the end o' the day:wink: have I missed a P there.?

Unseen work
24-01-2017, 12:30 AM
I wish my career was ruined like Scott Allan's is.

3 years left on a Celtic contract and currently on loan at a English championship team....

Oh the struggle

HoboHarry
24-01-2017, 12:32 AM
best ignored for that , mate. we're aw Jock Thamson's bairns at the end o' the day:wink: have I missed a P there.?
I'm getting to the age where I never miss a P.......

J-C
24-01-2017, 12:42 AM
I'm getting to the age where I never miss a P.......

I know that feeling too :greengrin

cmcd
24-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Really, you're having a go at the guy for adding a "P" in the name, jeez. :rolleyes:

I don't see that as having a go .It was a question

WeeRussell
24-01-2017, 12:50 PM

No it wasn't. You were taking the P :greengrin

J-C
24-01-2017, 12:55 PM

You knew fine well who he was talking about, no need for sarcy comment, just talking the P :wink:

tamsonsbairn
24-01-2017, 01:00 PM
best ignored for that , mate. we're aw Jock Thamson's bairns at the end o' the day:wink: have I missed a P there.?

here you dinnae bring me into your arguments.:wink:

Jim44
24-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Nah, but you've added an 'h'. :greengrin

jacomo
24-01-2017, 01:35 PM
I wish my career was ruined like Scott Allan's is.

3 years left on a Celtic contract and currently on loan at a English championship team....

Oh the struggle

He appeared off the bench for Rotherham against Newcastle last weekend, so maybe SA is on the road to redemption?

On the other hand they got gubbed 4-0, so maybe not.

Unseen work
24-01-2017, 01:50 PM
He appeared off the bench for Rotherham against Newcastle last weekend, so maybe SA is on the road to redemption?

On the other hand they got gubbed 4-0, so maybe not.

Yeah I think his new manager is important impressed by him. Had this to say after the game

“I thought he was good,” the interim boss said. “In training, he had been the most exciting player. He has the confidence and know-how to get on the ball. “He was really positive when he came on so he’s in my plans for Barnsley.” Allan replaced Jon Taylor in the 75th minute of Rotherham’s 4-0 defeat at St James’ Park and, despite giving the ball away to set the Magpies on their way to their fourth goal, was a real attacking threat.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-scott-allan-back-in-millers-frame-1-8349171

Iv always had a soft spot for Scott Allan, even before he was at hibs as he has so much quality on the ball, and imo there isn't too many Scottish players like him. I really hope he pushes on.

cmcd
24-01-2017, 02:29 PM
You knew fine well who he was talking about, no need for sarcy comment, just talking the P :wink:

So you can read my mind now . Good for you but I'm a bit long in the tooth for arguments so I will just call it a day

Gmack7
24-01-2017, 03:12 PM

Bobby?

HoboHarry
24-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Bobby?
Now there was a player who knew how to deal with officials - not like Arsene Wengers poncy effort at the weekend......:greengrin

Keith_M
24-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Bobby?

Nah, he didn't have a 'P' either.

...poor sod.

The Green Goblin
24-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I would prefer Commons rather than PScottp Allanp.

cmcd
24-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Bobby?

Good shout

Waxy
24-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Now there was a player who knew how to deal with officials - not like Arsene Wengers poncy effort at the weekend......:greengrin

I was in the south enclosure and had a great view. Sure it was against st johnstone too.Could be wrong.

oldbutdim
24-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Good shout

Not really.

StevieC
24-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Yeah I think his new manager is important impressed by him. Had this to say after the game
“I thought he was good,” the interim boss said. “In training, he had been the most exciting player. He has the confidence and know-how to get on the ball. “He was really positive when he came on so he’s in my plans for Barnsley.”

Not how I saw his contribution when he came on, so I decided to go online and watch the game again from when he came on.

The first couple of minutes after he came on he did want to get on the ball, and had some decent touches when he received it. He then gave the ball away and Newcastle quickly pushed up the park. He should have tried to make up for his mistake but let both Ritchie and Ameobi run past him. Within seconds Shelvey had slid the ball through to an unmarked Ritchie, who slotted the ball home for Newcastle's fourth. For the last 10 minutes he seemed to drift in and out. When on the ball with space he would find team-mates with decent passes, but showed no intention of trying to win the ball or track back if Newcastle had possession. At about 83 minutes he showed his petulant side with a bit of a tantrum when he never received the ball, but then a couple of minutes later showed his better side with a really good defence splitting pass for Forde, who should maybe have done better with his finish.
I'm not sure what role he was given by the manager, but he seemed to be playing a free role across midfield.

In summary, did well the few times he was on the ball and facing the Newcastle goal .. but considering he was only on for the last 15 minutes spent most of the time strolling about the park with no real enthusiasm to get too involved.