PDA

View Full Version : Most Boring Scottish Club To Support (definitely NHC)

Dan Sarf
18-01-2017, 01:00 PM
MOTD Facebook's latest "lively" debate.

West Brom, Ipswich and Villa suggested so far - all English clubs obviously as its the BBC.

Scottish suggestions? :cool2:

Fergus52
18-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Kilmarnock (minus the pies.)

Always in the bottom half of the table, but are rarely in a serious relegation fight.

Don't remember them having many good cup runs recently since they won the league cup.

vuefrom1875
18-01-2017, 01:13 PM
🐑

Big_Franck
18-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Has to be Motherwell for me. Nothing club that never seem to do much. They never look like really getting relegated but never seem to challenge for cups either. Horrible strip, shan stadium and crappy wee support.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Has to be Celtic ... turning up to every game knowing any defeat especially at home will be a major shock must be boring as hell, its fine for a season or two, but season after season after season ...... and when the do inevitably win something to not experience the high it gives to fans of clubs like us is the price they pay for their success.

For all the stuff they win not a single one of their supporters has or ever will get to experience a weekend like the one we were privileged to be part of on the 21st and 22nd of May.

Celtic ...... A couple of thousand fans outside Darkheid watching the club captain wave a cup at them for 10 minutes two hours after the game and then they all go home.

Hibs ...... Leith goes mental, overflowing boozers until daft o'clock on the Saturday and 150,000 people lining the streets on the Sunday to watch the team parade the cup.

For those reasons ..... it has to be Celtic :aok:

Diclonius
18-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Celtic and pre-2012 Rangers.

The_Exile
18-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Rangers, Celtic and Motherwell came immediately to mind andperhaps St Johnstone and Kilmarnock too, reckon the first 3 will be quite popular choices though.

HiBremian
18-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Third Lanark :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
18-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Third Lanark :greengrin

You're right! It's like they've no played in years.....

lugz
I agree with what people have to say about celtic.

One team that stands out to me is Inverness....I will never forget them winning the Scottish cup and their fans just standing clapping when they scored and won, now fair enough not everyone is going to have a pitch invasion and such exuberance but it honestly looked liked they weren't even having fun.

Hamish
Has to be Motherwell for me. Nothing club that never seem to do much. They never look like really getting relegated but never seem to challenge for cups either. Horrible strip, shan stadium and crappy wee support.

I actually have a bit of respect for the Well support. Just like Thistle fans they could easily follow their glory hunting pals and make the short journey to support one of the bigot brothers.

WS Hibs
18-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Right now it has to be Celtic. I'll never forget watching a few of their fans at the 2013 final leave before I did. The only excitement in their season is the Champions League, where they are often completely outmuscled financially by other teams who stroll their leagues too (PSG etc).

Genuinely couldn't think of a worse existence as a football fan than turning up to every home game every season in the top league of your country expecting to win and raging if you don't.

Since90+2
18-01-2017, 01:45 PM
St Johnstone must be up there.

Lego stadium that is always empty and devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever and nothing around the stadium either to make a day of it. As away supports go they are always one of the smallest and quietest around , even other small clubs like Motherwell and Dundee tend to have abit more about then when it comes to noise and atmosphere.

They also dont have any real rivals and try and create one with the Dundee clubs.

JDHibs
18-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Celtic - Walking the league every year must get boring? Nobody to compete with, no exciting games. Boring.

Partick/Motherwell/Hamilton/Kilmarnock - Never going to win anything, never do well in cups, will always be bottom half, never make exciting signings. No wonder none of them can get 4000 fans a week at home.

cleanyman
18-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Celtic - Walking the league every year must get boring? Nobody to compete with, no exciting games. Boring.

Partick/Motherwell/Hamilton/Kilmarnock - Never going to win anything, never do well in cups, will always be bottom half, never make exciting signings. No wonder none of them can get 4000 fans a week at home.

Killie have won the league cup and Scottish cup in the past 20 years.

Not bad at all

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Got to be one of the most patronising threads on Hibs.net for a while :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2017, 02:09 PM

Kilmarnock won both cups recently

Hamilton beat us in a playoff

Motherwell finished 2nd twice recently

2016 Delivered
18-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Livingston.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2017, 02:17 PM
OF - Celtic for the tired glory hunter factory ennui as suggested above. Rangers as you are trotting out the same ancient sectarian songs as inbred generations of your family have done before you.

Hearts - because you sit with a tartan blanket on your legs inhaling asbestos (Asbo stand) or indulge in more joyless copulation with a family member in the toilets (Wheatfield Stand)

G B Young
18-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Has to be Hearts. Dull part of town, bus shelter of a stadium and a derby at Tynecastle always feels like a Sunday. There's an overall lack of soul about the whole experience of being there. The maroon strip also has a depressing quality to it, especially the all-maroon variant. You can almost always tell if somebody's a Hearts fan as they tend to display a humour bypass.

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2017, 02:18 PM
St Johnstone for the reasons mentioned above

Ross County for the reasons given above for ICT

Coults1875
18-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Hamilton!

No ambition to invest or expand the team or grounds. Terrible supports home and away due to the bigot brothers enrolling the majority of the west.

Embarrassing that Motherwell get a higher allocation of tickets at home for the Lanarkshire derby.

Poor advertisement for Scottish football really when teams in the championship are trumping them in performances and attendances yet televised games v rangers and celtic at New Douglas Park seem to always get the go ahead.

Waxy
18-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Livi

Monts
18-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Surely it has to be a club with no regular derby or local rivalry, and probably a mid table third division club.

Small supports, poor grounds, no league titles, no relegation fights, no cup success.

I'm not sure who fits into that right enough.

ekhibee
18-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Dumbarton or Cowdenbeath.

mmcclory02
18-01-2017, 03:10 PM
got to be Aberdeen always get to a big stage and no matter who they play bottle it :greengrin

JimboHibs
18-01-2017, 03:23 PM
got to be Aberdeen always get to a big stage and no matter who they play bottle it :greengrin

Yes they sure bottled it being the last Scottish team out with the Old Firm to win the league,chuck in European Cup Winners Cup win against Real Madrid n you have a club of bottlers.

Betty Boop
18-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Got to be one of the most patronising threads on Hibs.net for a while :greengrin

Couldn't agree more

snooky
18-01-2017, 03:27 PM
All clubs who aren't the OF are absolved. Their supporters have a real passion for football.
If you want boring, just follow Rantic.
You can watch them ad nauseum on the telly and read about them in endless articles issued on an infinite toilet roll by the gutter press.

.Sean.
18-01-2017, 03:28 PM
St Johnstone are up there but the shannest, most tinpot, nondescript club is Hamilton. I don't mind 'proper' stadiums that are maybe not as pretty on the eye such as Tannadice and Fir Park and *****hole areas don't bother me but 2 stands, a plastic pitch coupled with nae fans and zero atmosphere is just horrendous.

Canny wait til they're back in League 1.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Falkirk

Never top flight standard and play eye-bleeding football

Bishop Hibee
18-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Motherwell. Permanent purgatory.

DarrenSQH
18-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Falkirk

This is spot on. Horrible unfinished ground and terrible football.

jgl07
18-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Killie have won the league cup and Scottish cup in the past 20 years.

Not bad at all

Hearts haven't managed that!

givescotlandfreedom
18-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Neck on the line here but Falkirk must be one. Not much hope of challenging for the league but no chance of going down either, horrendous football, crap soulless stadium with fans who are outraged every time the ref gives the other team any form of set piece and even their 'louts' and boring, pavement dancing bores.

northstandhibby
18-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Motherwell. Permanent purgatory.

:top marks

Can't stand Tam Cowan.

Next

The Yams.

I particularly dislike the Balerno Currie type Yam Cardigans who invariably think they are superior to the rest of us.

Glory Glory

Smartie
18-01-2017, 03:59 PM
I was just thinking about this, although more in relation to Englah football.

I just watched a time lag thing of the new Tottenham stadium being built, and it's a cracking stadium.

But it must be fairly dull experience following them, no? The closest they got to winning the league was last year and they've never really been in a relegation battle. Iirc they won a cup in about 1991 but I don't remember them doing much since (maybe they won a League Cup along the way).

At least West Brom were a yo yo club for a while - plenty of promotions and a good few relegation battles.

Spurs are a decent side but it's hard to see them winning much.

Dan Sarf
18-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Got to be one of the most sanctimonious responses to a patronising thread on Hibs.net for quite a while:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Got to be one of the most sanctimonious responses to a patronising thread on Hibs.net for quite a while:greengrin

This could run and run..... :greengrin

:na na:

JimboHibs
18-01-2017, 04:50 PM
I was just thinking about this, although more in relation to Englah football.

I just watched a time lag thing of the new Tottenham stadium being built, and it's a cracking stadium.

But it must be fairly dull experience following them, no? The closest they got to winning the league was last year and they've never really been in a relegation battle. Iirc they won a cup in about 1991 but I don't remember them doing much since (maybe they won a League Cup along the way).

At least West Brom were a yo yo club for a while - plenty of promotions and a good few relegation battles.

Spurs are a decent side but it's hard to see them winning much.

So you'd rather support a yo yo club than support a team that's been playing champions league football and had Bale,Modric etc.

Bonkers

Dan Sarf
18-01-2017, 05:06 PM
This could run and run..... :greengrin

:na na:

Got to be one of the most misguided responses to a sanctimonious response to a patronising thread on Hibs.net for quite a while :greengrin

Jones28
18-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Falkirk

A terrible club in a terrible town with a load of fuds for fans.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Got to be one of the most misguided responses to a sanctimonious response to a patronising thread on Hibs.net for quite a while :greengrin

Got to be one of the most eloquent examples of impugnment on Hibs.net for quite a while. :greengrin

Northernhibee
18-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Celtic. By a landslide.

BH Hibs
18-01-2017, 05:22 PM
I'd go with St Johnstone but you have to give their fans credit for not jumping on the buses and trains that leave for Glasgow each week.

Carheenlea
18-01-2017, 05:41 PM
A few suggesting St Johnstone, but if you listen to Stuart Cosgrove talking about them he sounds far from bored with his team. If you care passionately about your team, you will spend all week looking forward to going to see them at the weekend. Catch up with mates, enjoy a few beers, enjoy the camaraderie and watch your team. Football is more than just looking at results or league positions - if you go. Rangers and Celtic fans included.
That said, supporting Inverness never looks like a lot of fun, but being a new club without a history/traditional family connection and what not probably has a lot to do with that.

Smartie
18-01-2017, 05:54 PM
So you'd rather support a yo yo club than support a team that's been playing champions league football and had Bale,Modric etc.

Bonkers

I didn't choose my team base on excitement, success or anything like that. I chose my team then it was up to other people to make it eventful.

I just found it funny that I clicked on this thread after watching the thing about Spurs' ground. They're clearly a big club, have loads of fans and have a big ground but for most of my time following football there doesn't seem to have been much happen to them.

Yes, they'll have had good players. Yes, they've played in Europe. But most of the time they bob about in a fairly inoffensive position, no danger of being in a relegation fight and not much danger of winning anything. TBH I've watched some of their games recently, they've played some great stuff and imo have a decent chance at challenging again this year.

But I can't help think it must be a bit dull supporting them, even though loads of folk seem to do so. I was just surprised that West Brom had been held up as an example of a boring team - if I supported an English team I think I'd quite like to support a yo yo team, getting a few promotions and seasons when you win every week, then the odd season when you're in the big league, going to big grounds and trying to scrape enough points to stay up.

Compare supporting Tottenham with supporting us over the past few years - how many times have we been to semis, cup finals, our relegation season, our playoffs and promotion campaigns - it's not all been fun but it's certainly been interesting.

I just thought it must be a bit dull following them, that's all.

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 05:55 PM

West Brom, Ipswich and Villa suggested so far - all English clubs obviously as its the BBC.

Boring to who?

A hibs fan?

A neutral?

Fans of other scottish clubs?

Maybe to other groups its Hibs?

Who knows - as pointless debates this must be near the top

ekhibee
18-01-2017, 06:10 PM
A few suggesting St Johnstone, but if you listen to Stuart Cosgrove talking about them he sounds far from bored with his team. If you care passionately about your team, you will spend all week looking forward to going to see them at the weekend. Catch up with mates, enjoy a few beers, enjoy the camaraderie and watch your team. Football is more than just looking at results or league positions - if you go. Rangers and Celtic fans included.
That said, supporting Inverness never looks like a lot of fun, but being a new club without a history/traditional family connection and what not probably has a lot to do with that.
Fair points, but just because Cosgrave isn't bored by them doesn't mean they aren't boring to an awful lot of people.

Keith_M
18-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Albion Rovers.

Second worst stadium in Scotland (after Cowdenbeath) with a capacity of 1,200. Never won a single major trophy in their history. Located in a town full of Celtc Fans.

DH1875
18-01-2017, 06:18 PM
It's gotta be Clyde in my books.

greenlex
18-01-2017, 06:34 PM

Yup.

Robinho08
18-01-2017, 06:49 PM

I was arguing with a few Dons fans on that SPFL Facebook page. They were giving it the 'Hibsed it' chat. Bit pot and kettle from the sheep, given how often they 'Donsed it'.

mmcclory02
18-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Yes they sure bottled it being the last Scottish team out with the Old Firm to win the league,chuck in European Cup Winners Cup win against Real Madrid n you have a club of bottlers.

Sorry but was that not roughly 34 years ago

nonshinyfinish
18-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Got to be one of the most eloquent examples of impugnment on Hibs.net for quite a while. :greengrin

This is more or less how the calendar thread started (not the thread itself I mean, but the, er, 'real' content of the thread). Just a warning as you two could be about to commit a couple of years of your lives to it. :wink:

macca70
18-01-2017, 07:03 PM
St Mirren, just depresses me to watch any of there games and can't recall them doing anything of any significance. Don't know much about there history so maybe good back in the day but they seem dreadful these days

2016 Delivered
18-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Albion Rovers.

Second worst stadium in Scotland (after Cowdenbeath) with a capacity of 1,200. Never won a single major trophy in their history. Located in a town full of Celtc Fans.

It must be fun when they win big matches then and fair play to them that watch them. Probably wouldn't call it boring though.

Boring should be "meh" that falls to Livingston. Shan location, lifeless stadium, fans from around newly created region and will never get better than when radges ploughed money into them. No sense of community and very little purpose since they cut back on their highly successful youth academy that brought us snodgrass, griffiths and many others like scougal. Every other member club seems to serve a purpose and it will be a great day when Edinburgh city take over them.

Mention to Clyde too. Cumbernauld ffs.

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 07:07 PM
St Mirren, just depresses me to watch any of there games and can't recall them doing anything of any significance. Don't know much about there history so maybe good back in the day but they seem dreadful these days
beat Hearts 3-2 in a major cup final.

2016 Delivered
18-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Any time we play against them it's "boooo" at everything. Won't be Boring though, another relegation battle is on the cards.

Their history, they have won the Scottish and League cup in the past 30 years. Something any Jambo could only dream of.

2016 Delivered
18-01-2017, 07:11 PM
beat Hearts 3-2 in a major cup final.

Played a part in Albert Kidd day and won the Scottish not long after.

Keith_M
18-01-2017, 07:11 PM

In the last 30 years, they've won the Scottish Cup and League Cup once each.

That's only one major trophy less than Hibs.

Dan Sarf
18-01-2017, 08:03 PM

Em...oh alright then,you win :greengrin

SlickShoes
18-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Stirling Albion, I live in Stirling and only know 1 person that supports them.

Eyrie
18-01-2017, 08:44 PM
It has to be Celtc, simply because everything is boringly predictable for them since the demise of Huns RIP. Their fans know on a Saturday that their team has almost certainly won and regard it as a major upset if they've drawn, never mind lost. They know at the start of the season that they will win the league, so there is little excitement when they duly deliver the expected trophy. What on earth is interesting about such boring predictability?

Compare that to some of the other teams mentioned on here like St Johnstone, Falkirk or Albion Rovers. Their fans don't know whether their team will win or lose each week, so there is always the hope of a good win and fear of a bad loss to stop things being boringly predictable.

Andy74
18-01-2017, 08:57 PM

Did St Johnstone not win the Scottish Cup recently? Plenty of other teams that have just done nothing for years.

bigwheel
18-01-2017, 09:04 PM
i think this thread is poor...if not even a bit arrogant.

The beauty of any football team is that they mean something special to their fans. The last minute winner, the character player, the defeat from the jaws of victory. It doesn't matter what size they are, what level they play at. They have people that deeply care about them. I'm sure our club will mean little to many outside of our world, but to us we rightly feel they are the most special love affair...there is no "boring" club to support, not to their fans...

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2017, 09:48 PM

The beauty of any football team is that they mean something special to their fans. The last minute winner, the character player, the defeat from the jaws of victory. It doesn't matter what size they are, what level they play at. They have people that deeply care about them. I'm sure our club will mean little to many outside of our world, but to us we rightly feel they are the most special love affair...there is no "boring" club to support, not to their fans...
Agreed.

1 poxy Scottish Cup win, and we think we're it.

[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

majorhibs
18-01-2017, 09:55 PM

Wi ye on 'well. Worked loads places wi loads Scots, supporters of all, but I kept coming across the "I'm fi well, go see them now & then, but like the 'gers" not 1 or 2 times, much mair than any other team. 1 of them "my kids like tae see well, so I take them, but would rather be watchin "the gers"" maybe just me, but this 2 team local/gers thing, which I found plenty with people from Moherwell. Cannae comprehend it? 1 or other surely?

bigwheel
18-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Agreed.

1 poxy Scottish Cup win, and we think we're it.

[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

[emoji106][emoji23][emoji23]

18-01-2017, 10:04 PM
We may not win trophies year after year but I tell you what, supporting hibs is certainly never dull thats for sure!

To be quite honest, celtic. They win and are expected to win trophies and the leagu every season. Winning the league or a cup doesn't mean that much to them anymore. In 2013 when they beat us in the SC final, many of them left just after they lifted the cup, to them it was good but "just another trophy". Compare that to the excitement, emotion, ecstasy of us on the 21st of May. Celtic fans will never experience that feeling.

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 10:15 PM

:top marks

heretoday
18-01-2017, 10:15 PM

Amazing eh! I've had some boring afternoons at ER I can tell you.

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2017, 10:21 PM

I've been bored stiff on many occasions at Easter Road as I am sure many others have been too.

Eyrie
18-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Amazing eh! I've had some boring afternoons at ER I can tell you.

I've been bored stiff on many occasions at Easter Road as I am sure many others have been too.

But that's part of the excitement of watching Hibs. We're never quite sure if we'll be entertained, bored, delighted or disappointed by what we're about to see.

Is It On....
18-01-2017, 11:36 PM

HMFC; difficulty in getting a ticket due to massive (and constantly growing) 400,000 fan base, poor record in Scottish League Cup and tendancy to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Dunbar Hibee
18-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Lot of folks saying St Johnstone. I don't mind the saintees at all, and although attendances are poor they always hold their own and bring through some decent players. Much rather play them and have a decent away day in Perth over the likes of Hamilton etc.

heretoday
19-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Lot of folks saying St Johnstone. I don't mind the saintees at all, and although attendances are poor they always hold their own and bring through some decent players. Much rather play them and have a decent away day in Perth over the likes of Hamilton etc.

Great club. Ask Paul Kane.

southsider
19-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Hertz. Prize for that away top and the forelock tugging.

Since90+2
19-01-2017, 03:34 PM
I dont think anyone who has mentioned St Johnstone had anything against the club , their fans seem a decent enough bunch , more that they dont seem to be a particularly exicting club to follow from the outside looking in (no derby , poor atmosphere , location of stadium ect).

Of course any club is exciting to the people that follow them and I dont think the question is meant to be taken too seriously to be honest.

emerald green
19-01-2017, 07:22 PM
I would say one of the most awful and boring football clubs I've had the misfortune to see over the years has to be Airdrie.

Awful club, which has always seemed to contain several dirty players in their teams, with an "anti-football" philosophy.

pacoluna
19-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Sensitive soul

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2017, 07:54 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say its 'arrogant' but I do agree with you on the point you make ...... To fans of any club their club is the most interesting in the world .... small crowds or lack of success don't make a club boring to support, in fact I find its a lot more interesting to meet folk who support the so called lesser clubs than one of the zillions who support the Ugly Sisters or Man Utd etc, these guys are 10 a penny and can rarely swap stories with you about the crushing disappointment of relegation or the utter joy found in rare bits of success.

Pretty well why I picked Celtic.

bigwheel
19-01-2017, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say its 'arrogant' but I do agree with you on the point you make ...... To fans of any club their club is the most interesting in the world .... small crowds or lack of success don't make a club boring to support, in fact I find its a lot more interesting to meet folk who support the so called lesser clubs than one of the zillions who support the Ugly Sisters or Man Utd etc, these guys are 10 a penny and can rarely swap stories with you about the crushing disappointment of relegation or the utter joy found in rare bits of success.

Pretty well why I picked Celtic.

[emoji106]fair enough on the "arrogant". and like the points you make here..

WhileTheChief..
19-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Mostly boring answers really.

Easy to pick Celtic etc if you're talking about who you hate but I don't think too many Celtic fans are bored this season. Certainly didn't look like it in their champs league games. They've also got their every present rivalry with Rangers. We might not like it but they undoubtedly love it.

Hearts and Rangers have provided endless laughs over recent years and their games are the ones I look forward to the most. The constant Rangers thread on here shows a lot of folk are interested in them.

Same for Man Utd. I don't see how you can call them boring if you've watched Ibrahimovic anytime he's played.

For me it's clubs like East Fife, Albion Rovers etc. They offer nothing to the game and probably not very much to their communities. Couldn't name any of their players or any results they've ever had. I wouldn't notice if they didn't exist. Probably about a dozen similar clubs that we could do without.

Stokesy's on fire
19-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Aberdeen surely deserve to be crowned the most boring football
Club in Scotland. Their fans don't sing the grounds a joke the club crest looks like something a 2 year old came up with. They have no song book either perhaps that's why they don't sing? Also They don't have a Derby either they are simply boring.

gordonced18
19-01-2017, 08:58 PM
My mate is a Montrose fan.....We went to the big?? Derby versus Arbroath..... about 600 attendance, fights on the terracing, worst game you are ever likely to see etc.....Match report the next day stretched to about 150 words, think the journo probably left at halftime and made up most of the stuff he'd written.... Definitely both contenders for this crown!!!

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

green day
19-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Surely the answer is Hearts.

Boring ****s