PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln v Ipswich

BullsCloseHibs
17-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Christophe Berra getting the run around again tonight

Disappointed with home fans though, singing the 'RAF' 'song'. Thought they were good up until 60 mins. F__k them though.

hiberactive
17-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Berra is honking!Hopefully the **** sign him on a 3 year contract.

BullsCloseHibs
17-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I see he wears a gum shield. Tells you everything about his game. Total donkey.
Commentators gave him a ribbin over his calimity errors in 1st tie.

Hibby Bairn
17-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Ipswich are 14th in the Championship and are honking.

Scouse Hibee
17-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Berra is honking!Hopefully the **** sign him on a 3 year contract.

No truth in it.

Thecat23
17-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Berra is and always have been overrated. I wouldn't play him in my 7's team utterly honking.

SteveHFC
17-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Scenes

silverhibee
17-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Lincoln 1-0

BullsCloseHibs
17-01-2017, 08:56 PM
What a goal!

Injury time chaos!

Get in!

Radium
17-01-2017, 08:57 PM
The one bit of quality with the perfectly weighted pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leithenhibby
17-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Cracking goal.

GGTTH 💚

silverhibee
17-01-2017, 08:58 PM
pitch invasion on the cards here. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Fa cup looking pretty magic to me

Leithenhibby
17-01-2017, 09:00 PM

Guaranteed 😄

SteveHFC
17-01-2017, 09:00 PM

Will the FA charge them?

lugz
17-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Exuberance

Radium
17-01-2017, 09:07 PM
https://vimeo.com/199902970

Someone's hurting

Ronniekirk
17-01-2017, 09:13 PM
https://vimeo.com/199902970

Someone's hurting

Butcher saying he was embarrassed watching that Well now he knows how i felt and thousands of other Hinbies watching his Team get beat week in week out

NAE NOOKIE
17-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Butcher saying he was embarrassed watching that Well now he knows how i felt and thousands of other Hinbies watching his Team get beat week in week out

Yeh, the irony of that statement wasn't lost on me either, bet you he puts himself forward for the Ipswich job if big Mick gets the boot.

As for the game, absolutely eye bleeding stuff, though it was a great run and pass for the goal but that was the only bit of quality from what was an awful game of football.

MKHIBEE
17-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Almost ruined my evening when I seen him on tv My wife told me several times to watch my language.

MKHIBEE
17-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Yeh, the irony of that statement wasn't lost on me either, bet you he puts himself forward for the Ipswich job if big Mick gets the boot.

As for the game, absolutely eye bleeding stuff, though it was a great run and pass for the goal but that was the only bit of quality from what was an awful game of football.

Wasnt a great game although I think you're being a bit harsh. Lincoln were the better team in both games and the manager sent the team out with the right game plan. That hasn't happened too many times over the past 5 years. Things are happening at Sincil Bsnk and it's good to see.

Green Man
17-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Almost ruined my evening when I seen him on tv My wife told me several times to watch my language.

It's just as well my TV was out of punching range.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Nice wee stadium too.

Sergey
17-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Wasnt a great game although I think you're being a bit harsh. Lincoln were the better team in both games and the manager sent the team out with the right game plan. That hasn't happened too many times over the past 5 years. Things are happening at Sincil Bsnk and it's good to see.

I know Danny Cowley their manager extremely well from his days at Concord Rangers in the Essex League. He took a bunch of complete nobodies (who's ground is adjacent to a pikey caravan site) from Essex County to Conference South. He also worked miracles at Braintree and only missed out on promotion by losing a penalty shoot-out.

He gave up his job as a PE teacher to take the Lincoln position full-time. I wish I had a £1 for every time one of Cowley's team scored a late goal. He's a manager who makes the sum larger than the number of its parts.

He's the best young manager in England and I would have welcomed him at Hibs.

He's also a complete nutter - but in a nice way!

JimBHibees
18-01-2017, 06:33 AM
I know Danny Cowley their manager extremely well from his days at Concord Rangers in the Essex League. He took a bunch of complete nobodies (who's ground is adjacent to a pikey caravan site) from Essex County to Conference South. He also worked miracles at Braintree and only missed out on promotion by losing a penalty shoot-out.

He gave up his job as a PE teacher to take the Lincoln position full-time. I wish I had a £1 for every time one of Cowley's team scored a late goal. He's a manager who makes the sum larger than the number of its parts.

There was an interview with him and his brother on Football focus before the first tie. They both came over very well knew their stuff and seemed very professional and focussed. Wouldnt be surprised if teams further up the food chain are prepared to take a chance on him.

Big_Franck
18-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Watched the game last night and as the commentators said, you'd struggle to know which side was the non-league side. If Ipswich are 14th out of 24 in the English Championship that league must be absolutely honking.

adhibs
18-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Was dreadful. Another example of how overhyped the championship, and football in general, is down there.

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Watched the game last night and as the commentators said, you'd struggle to know which side was the non-league side. If Ipswich are 14th out of 24 in the English Championship that league must be absolutely honking.

Don't think you can really judge it on a tie like that though.... plenty of teams in higher divisions struggle and get complacent playing against these sides. Rivalry aside you just need to look at Hearts a few years ago who were doing ok in the SPL but needed 90 minutes plus extra time to beat Auchinleck Talbot.

Big_Franck
18-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Don't think you can really judge it on a tie like that though.... plenty of teams in higher divisions struggle and get complacent playing against these sides. Rivalry aside you just need to look at Hearts a few years ago who were doing ok in the SPL but needed 90 minutes plus extra time to beat Auchinleck Talbot.

The yams beat Auchinleck 1-0 in 90 mins, but I take your point. I don't watch an awful lot of English football but when I do it's normally ****.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2017, 01:26 PM

I'm not dissing Lincoln, it was a great result for them and they played to their strength, which is obviously to batter the opposition into submission if last night was anything to go by.

Not a bad wee ground either apart from the strange main stand which put me in mind of the old main stand at Love Street, though it looked a good bit bigger.

MKHIBEE
18-01-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm not dissing Lincoln, it was a great result for them and they played to their strength, which is obviously to batter the opposition into submission if last night was anything to go by.

Not a bad wee ground either apart from the strange main stand which put me in mind of the old main stand at Love Street, though it looked a good bit bigger.

Fair enough, wasn't suggesting you were dissing Lincoln. We don't generally batter teams into submission but we can look after ourselves if teams get physical. Some of the football being played is the best I have seen for over 10 years at Lincoln.
Not sure we will be at Sincil Bank much longer, moves are afoot to move but nothing concrete as yet.

MKHIBEE
18-01-2017, 05:27 PM

DC is definitely proving himself to be one to watch, I expect league clubs to come sniffing in the summer, he has just signed a new contract till 2021 so we are in a strong position there.
The point about late goals is evident at Lincoln, none more so than at FGR. 2.1 down with 2 minutes to go which would have left us 12 points behind. We won 3.2 and went on a great run, now 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand over them.

Lago
18-01-2017, 06:13 PM

Are you allowed to use the term 'Pikey' thought that was like 'Tinkers' a no no in todays PC world.

Lago
18-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Fair enough, wasn't suggesting you were dissing Lincoln. We don't generally batter teams into submission but we can look after ourselves if teams get physical. Some of the football being played is the best I have seen for over 10 years at Lincoln.
Not sure we will be at Sincil Bank much longer, moves are afoot to move but nothing concrete as yet.

Nae nookie correct it was poor fair, I switch over to another channel at half time, total supprise to see anyone scored when I looked at the scores later.

--------
19-01-2017, 09:09 AM
(who's ground is adjacent to a pikey caravan site)

Are you allowed to use the term 'Pikey' thought that was like 'Tinkers' a no no in todays PC world.

Depends who you ask. I don't think many travellers or Roma would like you using it about them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7446274.stm

Slang expert Tony Thorne says 'pikey' was being used as far back as the 16th Century but has only become more offensive in the mainstream in the past four or five years.

'Teenagers have been using it for the last few years to replace 'chav'. It's used pejoratively as someone who is sub-proletariat like 'gypsy' or 'gyppo' was used in the 1940s and 50s.'

'This is the language of social discrimination and it's quite shocking that this language is now being bandied about. It started with 'chav' and then the 'posh' stuff about David Cameron and Boris Johnson.'

Often these words are used by people who have always been prejudiced and nasty and who are now feeling they can safely express themselves again, he says, although this 'petty snobbishness' has always been lurking below the surface of public debate."

[BTW - the possessive form of the pronoun "who" is spelled "whose", not "who's". Just FYI. :greengrin]