PDA

View Full Version : Name That Jambo...

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Just for fun can you identify the Jambo from his profile?

Jambo A

Although he did not possess good technical ability, he was known for his physicality, man-marking, and concentration, and was notorious for his intense commitment, aggression, and occasional outrageous outbursts on the pitch, as well as his tendency to pick up cards.[

Jambo B

He was known for his tough-tackling, no nonsense style of play. He was a regular in the Hearts team throughout much of the 1980s and early 1990s, and was a member of the 1985–86team that lost the league title on the last game of the season to Celtic, and the 1986 Scottish Cup Final to Aberdeen.

Jambo C

Famed for his tough tackling and his 'no nonsense' approach, he was affectionately nicknamed 'Zico' after the Brazilian footballing genius of that name. After leaving the club in 1991 to continue his playing career with Airdrieonians, he returned to Hearts as reserve team coach in 1993, remaining at the club until 1996 when he became assistant manager at Falkirk.

Jambo D

Helped the club achieve its best performances in many years, only losing the 1985–86 Scottish Premier Division on goal difference thanks to a last day defeat at Dundee. He earned 2 international caps for Scotland, against Saudi Arabia and Malta, in 1988.

lapsedhibee
17-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Think I know who Jambo C is.

It's Jambo B, isn't it?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Think I know who Jambo C is.

It's Jambo B, isn't it?

Noted couldn't get the update out in time - edited now!

WoreTheGreen
17-01-2017, 05:56 PM
B NB. c WK d GM

WoreTheGreen
17-01-2017, 05:57 PM
a DB

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 06:01 PM
a DB

Good effort - Close but A and D are wrong

Green Man
17-01-2017, 06:05 PM
D jc

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 06:06 PM
D jc

Correct

truehibernian
17-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Pasquale Bruno is first one surely

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Pasquale Bruno is first one surely

Yes

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2017, 06:45 PM
B- kb

hibs0666
17-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Jambo A: Hitler

Jambo B: Saville

Jambo C: Cicero

Jambo D: Josef Fritzl

What's my prize?

WoreTheGreen
17-01-2017, 06:59 PM
You win a puppy said the janny come back to mine .............

Keith_M
17-01-2017, 07:01 PM
You win a poppy .............

Is it nicked?

WoreTheGreen
17-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Is it nicked?

Might be but the polis have got a lead

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 07:38 PM
B- kb

Nope

northstandhibby
17-01-2017, 07:42 PM
b is it nb?

glory glory

Hibernia&Alba
17-01-2017, 07:46 PM
A, Ronnie Corbett

B, Stephen Hendry

C, Alex Salmond

D, The fat munter hanging oot the windae wae the spray-painted soiled bedsheet.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Jambo A: Hitler

Jambo B: Saville

Jambo C: Cicero

Jambo D: Josef Fritzl

What's my prize?

Prize comes in 3 parts:

* Wonga will be in touch with a preferable lending rate that only reaches three figures

* all expenses paid (courtesy of Wonga preferential and mandatory loan rate exclusive to you) trip to visit Rolf Harris in Wormwood Scrubs

* a team talk with Craig Levein followed by a tackling demonstration by Pasquale Bruno - rehabilitation programme provided by some Lithuanian faith healer and his magic sticks.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 07:47 PM
b is it nb?

glory glory

Correct David

northstandhibby
17-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Correct David

So it was neil dangleberry?

Glory Glory

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 07:52 PM
So it was neil dangleberry?

Glory Glory

Indeed it was - the butcher of Tynie breaking Paul Wright (who was threatening throughout) in two. Win. At. All. Costs. The rest is hibstory - we would have broken their streak imo.

xyz23jc
17-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Easy! A, B, C, D, are all Lord Foulkes of Pishybreeks! :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 07:56 PM
The jambos were of course

A Pasquale Bruno
B Neil Berry
C Walter Kidd
D John Colquhoun

And finally on a seriously note a wee RIP for Brian Whittaker - I didn't know he died in a car crash according to Wikipedia?

northstandhibby
17-01-2017, 08:00 PM
The jambos were of course

A Pasquale Bruno
B Neil Berry
C Walter Kidd
D John Colquhoun

And finally on a seriously note a wee RIP for Brian Whittaker - I didn't know he died in a car crash according to Wikipedia?I too would like to add my sadness at hearing that and condolences to his family. Might have called him this that and the other in the eighties at derbies as I did most Hearts players but this is very sad news indeed. RIP and God bless.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 08:46 PM
I too would like to add my sadness at hearing that and condolences to his family. Might have called him this that and the other in the eighties at derbies as I did most Hearts players but this is very sad news indeed. RIP and God bless.

Didnt want to misquote the year didn't mean to make it appear that it was recent as I intended to update - it was back in 97 but had no idea.

northstandhibby
17-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Didnt want to misquote the year didn't mean to make it appear that it was recent as I intended to update - it was back in 97 but had no idea.

Thanks for updating as to when this happened as I took it to be Sunday just past. Poor sod. Terrible way to go.

Glory Glory

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Would it be cheating to just name the family as they are likely to be from the same one?

A Brother
B Sister
C Offspring One
D Offspring Two

Scott Allan Key
17-01-2017, 09:14 PM
I do not remember NB, but in a Jambo infested secondary school directly post-1986, I remember the typically homo-erotic hero worship graffiti scrawled in biro on a wooden school desk. 'Neil Berry- he eats bears for breakfast'. Bunch of buffoons, remember finding out what a Fenian in th dictionary was after being called a 'FB' by a cretin. They're still defending bankruptcy and comparing cocks in the financial sector in Edinburgh, no doubt.

tamig
17-01-2017, 09:42 PM
I do not remember NB, but in a Jambo infested secondary school directly post-1986, I remember the typically homo-erotic hero worship graffiti scrawled in biro on a wooden school desk. 'Neil Berry- he eats bears for breakfast'. Bunch of buffoons, remember finding out what a Fenian in th dictionary was after being called a 'FB' by a cretin. They're still defending bankruptcy and comparing cocks in the financial sector in Edinburgh, no doubt.
He used to wear a gumshield when he played. He went right through the back of our striker Paul Wright in a derby at ER when Wright was giving them the runaround. PW was out for months after it. Horrible player.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Would it be cheating to just name the family as they are likely to be from the same one?

A Brother
B Sister
C Offspring One
D Offspring Two

Yes it would but in keeping with the Jambo spirit.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2017, 04:06 AM
Jambo E

made more than 300 competitive appearances for Heart of Midlothian.[1] The main highlight of his playing career was playing in the 1976 Scottish Cup Final, which Hearts lost 3–1 to Rangers.[2] He also played in the famous 0-7 New Year Edinburgh Derby defeat against Hibernian.

xyz23jc
18-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Jambo E

made more than 300 competitive appearances for Heart of Midlothian.[1] The main highlight of his playing career was playing in the 1976 Scottish Cup Final, which Hearts lost 3–1 to Rangers.[2] He also played in the famous 0-7 New Year Edinburgh Derby defeat against Hibernian.

JJ?

Bostonhibby
18-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Jambo E

Donald Ford?

--------
18-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Just for fun can you identify the Jambo from his profile?

Jambo A

Although he did not possess good technical ability, he was known for his physicality, man-marking, and concentration, and was notorious for his intense commitment, aggression, and occasional outrageous outbursts on the pitch, as well as his tendency to pick up cards.[

Jambo B

He was known for his tough-tackling, no nonsense style of play. He was a regular in the Hearts team throughout much of the 1980s and early 1990s, and was a member of the 1985–86team that lost the league title on the last game of the season to Celtic, and the 1986 Scottish Cup Final to Aberdeen.

Jambo C

Famed for his tough tackling and his 'no nonsense' approach, he was affectionately nicknamed 'Zico' after the Brazilian footballing genius of that name. After leaving the club in 1991 to continue his playing career with Airdrieonians, he returned to Hearts as reserve team coach in 1993, remaining at the club until 1996 when he became assistant manager at Falkirk.

Jambo D

Helped the club achieve its best performances in many years, only losing the 1985–86 Scottish Premier Division on goal difference thanks to a last day defeat at Dundee. He earned 2 international caps for Scotland, against Saudi Arabia and Malta, in 1988.

A - thug

B - thug

C - thug

D - loser (Red-Neck Mackay?)

(I hadn't read the whole thread - just replied to the OP - but I see I'm right on the first three and chose the wrong loser. Co-hun - of course!)

heidtheba
18-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Jimmy Sandison was my bet for a few of them.

Incidentally, remember the mid 90s hertz mascot 'Hearty Harry' I think it was? I always thought someone just bought a large 'Neil Berry' costume and went with that instead of them getting a proper mascot outfit. Thug of a player.