PDA

View Full Version : English and Scottish FA Cup Winners

Sweet Left Peg
17-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Reading on the Scott Allan thread that Fyvie had won the FA Cup. Sure enough, he was an unused sub for Wigan when they won it. Given that he was part of the team that won it last season, I started to wonder who else had picked up winners medals from both the English and Scottish FA Cups?

Caldwell is one, although I don't think he played for Wigan vs City he was the club captain.

Maloney was also in that side but I don't think he won it with Celtic?

Tore Andrew Flo was an unused sub with both Chelsea and Rangers when they won it.

Martin Buchan for Aberdeen and Man Utd I seem to remember frim a quiz question (I think he captained both sides?)

There must be a few more. What ex players have we had that have done this with other teams?

Tom Hart RIP
17-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Gordon Strachan and Kenny Dalglish

CropleyWasGod
17-01-2017, 11:15 AM
On a tangent, which 2 players won the League Cup in Scotland and England..... with the same 2 clubs?

Tom Hart RIP
17-01-2017, 11:16 AM
Brian McLair

Renfrew_Hibby
17-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Not one of our own but big Dave Mackay? Fa cup with spurs and SFA cup with them.

Rugy07
17-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Jim Leighton

Barman Stanton
17-01-2017, 12:23 PM
On a tangent, which 2 players won the League Cup in Scotland and England..... with the same 2 clubs?

Budgie and Cropley : )

CropleyWasGod
17-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Budgie and Cropley : )

:top marks

Tom Hart RIP
17-01-2017, 01:08 PM
A Hibs player lost league cup finals in England and Scotland in same season.

HoboHarry
17-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Reading on the Scott Allan thread that Fyvie had won the FA Cup. Sure enough, he was an unused sub for Wigan when they won it. Given that he was part of the team that won it last season, I started to wonder who else had picked up winners medals from both the English and Scottish FA Cups?

Caldwell is one, although I don't think he played for Wigan vs City he was the club captain.

Maloney was also in that side but I don't think he won it with Celtic?

Tore Andrew Flo was an unused sub with both Chelsea and Rangers when they won it.

Martin Buchan for Aberdeen and Man Utd I seem to remember frim a quiz question (I think he captained both sides?)

There must be a few more. What ex players have we had that have done this with other teams?

He did - the only player to have done so.....

scoopyboy
17-01-2017, 01:17 PM

Don't know about the same season but Gordon Chisholm lost both in 1985, with Sunderland in March and us in October.

Bostonhibby
17-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Des bremner?