PDA

View Full Version : Contracts Up?

Keyser Sauzee
17-01-2017, 08:32 AM
I know that McGregor and Fyvie's deals are up at the end of the season but who else is due to expire? We need to extend both these guys I think as we would struggle to replace them with a lot better imo.

hibee_girl
17-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Stevenson is out of contract too

I think Gray, Boyle, Fontaine and Keatings are too

JDHibs
17-01-2017, 09:10 AM
There was a list of people a few months back...cant remember them all off the top of my head.

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

It wasnt far off a full teams worth of players, in my opinion it could work in our favour, these players are playing for their futures and its a chance to get rid of some deadwood before going back.

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 09:15 AM
That's some list of players! Got a feeling Keattings will be let go and stay in this division again.

Aldo
17-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Fyvie and McGregor are the priorities for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
17-01-2017, 10:20 AM
I'd resign Fyvie, McGregor, Sir David, Lewid and Keatings. I'd also see if Laidlaw and Fontaine could be signed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Keyser Sauzee
17-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Anyone know if discussions are taking place to get the priority players from the list signed again?

HibsNutter
17-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Would renew McGregor, Fyvie, Lewis, Fonts and Gray. The rest can be replaced with better players in the PL.

J-C
17-01-2017, 10:37 AM
You'll probably find discussions have taken place but we're waiting to see what division we're in before we can go ahead and finalise and deals, there's been no talks from any of the players re leaving at the end or signing elsewhere on a pre contract, to me that means they're happy to stay when we either go up or leave if we don't.

Diclonius
17-01-2017, 10:42 AM
There was a list of people a few months back...cant remember them all off the top of my head.

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

It wasnt far off a full teams worth of players, in my opinion it could work in our favour, these players are playing for their futures and its a chance to get rid of some deadwood before going back.

Would definitely give contracts to McGregor, Fyvie, Gray and Stevenson. Fontaine, Laidlaw, Boyle, Keatings and Holt - we'll evaluate at at the end of the season. Harris has had his time.

scoopyboy
17-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Anyone know if discussions are taking place to get the priority players from the list signed again?

No discussions have taken place and there are no plans as yet.

Scooshing the League would be a good idea as it would let these discussions begin earlier.

KWJ
17-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Would definitely give contracts to McGregor, Fyvie, Gray and Stevenson. Fontaine, Laidlaw, Boyle, Keatings and Holt - we'll evaluate at at the end of the season. Harris has had his time.

This.

Oscar T Grouch
17-01-2017, 10:56 AM
We just aren't in a position to discuss new contracts with anyone at the moment. As soon as we secure our place in the Premier league we can start talking. This does carry the risk of those out of contract at the end of the season being free to speak to other clubs, but I have a feeling everyone bar a couple who aren't near the first team will be willing to stay on and continue this very Hibee adventure :greengrin

Geo_1875
17-01-2017, 11:05 AM
No discussions have taken place and there are no plans as yet.

Scooshing the League would be a good idea as it would let these discussions begin earlier.

Totally agree. Win the league early and get players identified and signed up for a flyer in the premier.

neil7908
17-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

Would ideally want to keep them all except Harris and Holt. It's slightly concerning that we have a full back 5 (Inc goalkeeper) out of contract. Given we have the best defensive record in the UK I'd be amazed if there wasn't interest from other clubs.

Let's just hope that we can secure promotion early and begin discussions asap.

supermcginn
17-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Keep mcgregor, fyvie, Laidlaw gray and boyle, the rest can leave.

1van Sprou7e
17-01-2017, 12:13 PM
I really hope we resign Lewis but we should also sign another left back if we get promoted

Enough said
17-01-2017, 12:20 PM
That's some list of players! Got a feeling Keattings will be let go and stay in this division again.

No chance, best finisher we have just needs a run free of injuries

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Keep, McGregor, Fonts, Gray, Fyvie, Boyle and Keats.

I rate Keatings and have a feeling if we let him go he may flourish elsewhere. I want him to do that with Hibs! He needs to earn it though.

1van Sprou7e
17-01-2017, 12:21 PM
No chance, best finished we have just needs a run free of injuries

He's no finished, he's only 24!

Enough said
17-01-2017, 12:37 PM
He's no finished, he's only 24!

Meant finisher

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 01:02 PM
No chance, best finisher we have just needs a run free of injuries

Nah, my opinion is he won't be good enough for the step up next season and will end up at Dundee Utd probably.

1van Sprou7e
17-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Nah, my opinion is he won't be good enough for the step up next season and will end up at Dundee Utd probably.

He sure loves a promotion from the championship eh

Biggie
17-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Fonts - bye
McGregor - defo keep
Laidlaw - bye
Fyvie - defo keep
Boyle - bye
Keats - bye
Gray - keep
Stevenson - keep
Harris - bye
Holt - bye

KeithTheHibby
17-01-2017, 01:28 PM

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

McGregor, Fyvie and Gray for sure.

Fonts, Boyle, Stevenson, Laidlaw and Keats not so sure of. Defo good enough for the division we are in however I reckon Lennon would look for better should we get promotion.

Harris and Holt no thanks.

Hibs 16
17-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Fonts - bye
McGregor - defo keep
Fyvie - defo keep
Boyle - bye
Keats - bye
Gray - keep
Stevenson - keep
Harris - bye
Holt - bye

Agree with this. We can get better than these players in as folk have already mentioned.

Laidlaw has done nothing wrong as a backup so would keep him

Swanson
Forster can replace Fontaine
Henderson In
Martin in midfield will step up imo
Oli Shaw can be backup to Cummings and Graham and another striker we bring in.

Billy Whizz
17-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Fonts - bye
McGregor - defo keep
Laidlaw - bye
Fyvie - defo keep
Boyle - bye
Keats - bye
Gray - keep
Stevenson - keep
Harris - bye
Holt - bye

Bye to Laidlaw? Have you been to see Hibs this season?

keep the faith
17-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Agree with this. We can get better than these players in as folk have already mentioned.

Swanson

Förster for Fontaine is a backwards step. Would definitely keep liam if we can.

danhibees1875
17-01-2017, 02:05 PM

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

Harris can leave. Holt I could take or leave - I quite like him and think he provides a good option and works really hard when on the field.

The rest, I would like to stay. McGregor in particular I would be gutted to see go.

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Fyvie and McGregor - must be kept

It becomes more difficult after that because we are aiming to finish 3rd.
To do that requires a certain quality of player if we are to move forward.
The above 2 meet that standard.
The difficulty is deciding without sentiment which of the other out of contract players will be able to take us forward.

A factor to consider in relation to the full backs is that they will playing more as defenders in the Premier League given we will naturally have less possession.
This might help Lewis &/or Gray who are much better defenders than wing backs.

Laidlaw will not be on a big wage and has done enough this season to win another contract.

Keating - has a good quality delivery so may have a chance

Boyle - his lack of finishing composure and final ball will count against him

Harris and Holt are gone

Eric
17-01-2017, 03:20 PM

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

I believe Martin Bartley and Chris Humphrey are also out of contract at the end of this season, both of whom I would keep.:thumbsup:

HibernianJK
17-01-2017, 03:26 PM

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

I'd attempt to resign the majority of them.

The only two I probably wouldn't offer contracts to are Holt and Harris.

Eric
17-01-2017, 03:45 PM
I believe Martin Bartley and Chris Humphrey are also out of contract at the end of this season, both of whom I would keep.:thumbsup:

Should of course read Marvin Bartley but for some reason my edit post isn't working. Admins :confused:

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Fyvie and McGregor - must be kept

It becomes more difficult after that because we are aiming to finish 3rd.
To do that requires a certain quality of player if we are to move forward.
The above 2 meet that standard.
The difficulty is deciding WITHOUT SENTIMENT which of the other out of contract players will be able to take us forward.

A factor to consider in relation to the full backs is that they will playing more as defenders in the Premier League given we will naturally have less possession.
This might help Lewis &/or Gray who are much better defenders than wing backs.

Laidlaw will not be on a big wage and has done enough this season to win another contract.

Keating - has a good quality delivery so may have a chance

Boyle - his lack of finishing composure and final ball will count against him

Fontaine - may want to go down south again

Humphrey - depends on how he plays for the rest of the season

Holt (due to age) and Harris are gone

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Should of course read Marvin Bartley but for some reason my edit post isn't working. Admins :confused:

I like Marvin. Think I would keep him. Not sure if he will have other options or pulls down south.

Northernhibee
17-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

Keep all but Harris.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

Keep all but Harris.

Same for me

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

Keep all but Harris.

Cummon' guys, if we keep everyone we can't bring in many new players. Need to make tough choices to improve the team e.g. I like Holt but next season he will be a 36 year old striker on a big wage

Enough said
17-01-2017, 09:56 PM

Very highly rated by coaching staff. If you ever get a chance to speak to any of them that will tell you the same.

hibbydog
17-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Make Sir David Gray a hibby for life

Give him the freedom of the city

Northernhibee
17-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Cummon' guys, if we keep everyone we can't bring in many new players. Need to make tough choices to improve the team e.g. I like Holt but next season he will be a 36 year old striker on a big wage

Honestly I think this team is the nucleus of something special. We've seen that against top flight teams who are more likely to attack us. Holt brings a wealth of experience to the dressing room too.

Laidlaw is a fine backup keeper and his attitude is fantastic. In lower leagues than us before, expected to make a huge step up to play in Brondby and has done very well. Fair play to the lad.

smithy_hibees
17-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Gray and Lewis as we saw against Utd when we play wingers they are very good right/left backs so MUST keep for me

Darren Mcgragor should get 3 year deal him and Hanlon will be even better next year...

Big Marv and Fyvie both very important players so again sign them up..

Humphrey should be offered long term deal..

Keatso can he step up Big question mark for me

Boyle good lad but unfortunately good in the championship think he'd struggle with the step up

Big Fonts good back up if he wants be bit part player but at his age might just want play football??

Holt away back to England hope you enjoyed the capital but passed it unfortunately

Harris and Stanton time to go lads

Keeper done well sign him up..

Eaststandee
18-01-2017, 02:58 AM
Some mad views on this topic. People not wanting to keep Boyle and Laidlaw cannae be serious. Boyle is only 23, rapid, adds something to the team that would be hard to replace and absolutely loves Hibs. Laidlaw is a cut above the vast majority of keepers we have had in 15 years (so far) and people want him chucked? Bar Holt and Harris I think all should be offered contracts at least short term.

As for "Stepping up" I personally don't think most of the teams in the top league are much better than your Falkirks or Dundee Uniteds. Also they won't all be sitting in holding out for a draw like a lot in this division.

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
18-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Some mad views on this topic. People not wanting to keep Boyle and Laidlaw cannae be serious. Boyle is only 23, rapid, adds something to the team that would be hard to replace and absolutely loves Hibs. Laidlaw is a cut above the vast majority of keepers we have had in 15 years (so far) and people want him chucked? Bar Holt and Harris I think all should be offered contracts at least short term.

As for "Stepping up" I personally don't think most of the teams in the top league are much better than your Falkirks or Dundee Uniteds. Also they won't all be sitting in holding out for a draw like a lot in this division.

GGTTH

Agree with what you say about Boyle and Laidlaw, both have shown enough to merit contracts. I would be inclined to let Holt, Keatings and Harris go.

Disagree with your point about the style of play in the Spl. Teams still set out to contain and spoil just the same. Perhaps the biggest difference is they have players who are more likely to do damage on the break. Over recent years, Hibs tended to play a lone striker, even at ER, and not just against the Old Firm.

I suspect the tactics would probably change when we do finally get promoted

Oscar T Grouch
18-01-2017, 08:05 AM
We really should keep Laidlaw. He's a good keeper and Rocky is away back to Israel at the end of the seasons loan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2017, 08:51 AM
We really should keep Laidlaw. He's a good keeper and Rocky is away back to Israel at the end of the seasons loan.

He wants to stay permanently.

J-C
18-01-2017, 08:54 AM
I'd be inclined to let Holt, Harris, Bartley and possibly Keatings?

Holt although works hard and holds the ball up well, doesn't offer enough of a goal threat.

Harris just isn't good enough.

Bartley is solid enough but I feel it's time to back Martin as our back up midfielder and he should get a lot more game time.

Keatings is a strange one and a dilemma, at times he can be outstanding and then totally anonymous. He doesn't seem to be able to force his way into the team, he does fairly well when given a chance and then injuries occur and he struggles to get back to previous levels.

I'll maybe also add Fontaine, will he want to be a bit part player at his age, family down south may be an attraction for him and if he does go, he'll leave with my gratitude.

dp00
18-01-2017, 09:10 AM
With the exception of Harris I'm surprised the majority aren't saying we should be trying to sign up the majority of these players , I'm not convinced there is better out there who just get hibs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
18-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Our current players have shown that they can come out on top against Premier League opposition.

If these players get us promoted they deserve a chance at establishing themselves with us in the Premier League.

I'd probably appraise Holt at the time as he's not getting any younger but I still like him as a player. Harris has a lot to do to prove to me that he has what it takes and I could see him moving on.

I'd be in no rush to get rid of anyone else. We always crave new faces, new signings but sometimes a bit of stability is what you need.

jacomo
18-01-2017, 10:47 AM
I'd attempt to resign the majority of them.

The only two I probably wouldn't offer contracts to are Holt and Harris.

:agree:

People advocating wholesale changes because 'we will get better players when we go up' are reckless IMO.

Continual, incremental improvement should be the goal. We've got a decent squad and a good dynamic within the group.

northstandhibby
18-01-2017, 11:13 AM
:agree:

People advocating wholesale changes because 'we will get better players when we go up' are reckless IMO.

Continual, incremental improvement should be the goal. We've got a decent squad and a good dynamic within the group.

:top marks

A decent first team normally always has a consistent number of key players playing consistently together. We will certainly be doing some business but hopefully retaining the key ones.

There looks to be some decent youngsters coming through and if we can go a good number of points clear I would love to see some of them getting a shot at the first team for the experience and development.

The way forward is a blend of experience and youth. We could be coming into a golden period if the key players can be retained and the young team continue their development.

It would be very nice to have more of the youngsters pushing for a place especially as cover for injuries and they then make it difficult for the injured player to regain his place when recovered.

Glory Glory

Since90+2
18-01-2017, 11:17 AM
We should be looking to keep McGregor , Fyvie , Stevenson , Boyle and Gray.

Fontaine I would imagine is on a fairly decent wage so would not be too disappointed if he moved on as we might be able to get better for the money. Harris and Holt will be let go and I am not too fussed on Keatings or Laidlaw

Of the 5 we should be looking to keep I think all of them will sign on with the exception of Fyvie as I have a hunch he will be elsewhere next season.

JDHibs
18-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Been told NL has had informal talks with the players out of contract already. Nothing will be finalized until nearer the end of the season.

As i am aware, everyone out of contract wants to stay and arent interested in talking to other clubs.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Been told NL has had informal talks with the players out of contract already. Nothing will be finalized until nearer the end of the season.

As i am aware, everyone out of contract wants to stay and arent interested in talking to other clubs.

That's great to hear JD
Thanks for sharing

patlowe
18-01-2017, 01:21 PM
As others have said, Daz and Fyvie are the key priorities from those out of contract. The rest I think would probably do fine in the premiership* but I'd be concerned if we didn't have ambitions for more quality all over the park, despite how highly I rate our squad at the moment. I imagine they will all (minus DMc & FF) be judgement calls based on balancing a range of factors: available alternatives, age, wage burden, knighthood status etc.

Take Fontaine - good player who has given us sterling service, but he's getting on a bit, is probably on a disproportionately high wage at the moment given his role in the team, and I doubt he would take a pay cut to play in a stronger league*. On balance I would say he is likely to be freed.

On the other hand, David Gray - still a key part of the team, will be pretty easy to deal with and is a knight of the Hibee realm. On balance I would probably keep.

*IF we get promoted

JDT
18-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/
it was on another thread yesterday.....

2016 Delivered
18-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Greegs, Stevenson, Gray, Boyle, Fonts all east to deal with and keep them all even as back up for a couple of them. Fyvie I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking at other options. Bartley, Keats Laidlaw I could see moving on to make way for others. We do need to be extremely ruthless.

JDT
18-01-2017, 07:31 PM
it was on another thread yesterday.....

Apologies

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Apologies
assume you have a damned good excuse for missing it.....:greengrin

NikGunnarsson
18-01-2017, 07:44 PM
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Humphrey
Harris NO DEAL
Holt NO DEAL
Bartley NO DEAL
Fontaine NO DEAL

I would put Stevenson and Gray in a different category as they should be both be at this club for life, they are Hibs. But over time in the Prem honestly they would both not cut it in the first team.

where'stheslope
18-01-2017, 07:47 PM

This is not good!
Its usually the agent who calls the shots.
Any player who is out of contract at the end of the season, can sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in this transfer window.
Hopefully this does not happen, but other clubs looking to get players with the pedigree of McGinn and MacGregor will be sitting on the sidelines waiting to pounce!

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2017, 09:49 PM

Swanson
Henderson In
Forster over Fonts..really??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Incidentally far too many on this thread talking like we are already up - nowt confirmed yet chaps pls calm doon a wee bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
19-01-2017, 07:28 AM
While it's within our gift to discuss this topic, I find it madness, in that from now til the end of the season we will be expecting all of the players to burst a gut to get us promotion, yet in this open forum a lot of people are openly communicating that they don't want quite a number of players that are playing every week for us ! I am not sure if players hook up to this forum ? But I just don't like the fact that these feelings are being put out there, a lot will say it's only people expressing views and that it's NL who decides,absolutely,but putting it out there that 6-7 aren't wanted at the club next season by the fans if we are promoted or not , isn't exactly motivational or supporting the right relationships we need to have with our players between now and the end of the season.....just a view ..I think we all know how fickle some players can be, very sensitive ...we don't performances affected by anything !!! This isn't a topic we don't need to be near just now ..in my view !!

calumhibee1
19-01-2017, 08:25 AM

Fonts
McGregor
Laidlaw
Fyvie
Boyle
Keats
Gray
Stevenson
Harris
Holt

Presuming we go up I'd keep the ones in bold. Fonts maybe being one that I could see us not offering a contract to in favour of a younger CB possibly although I'd be happy to see him stay. While he's not been awful I just don't feel Keatings has offered enough on a regular basis to be offered terms if we're promoted. If we stayed in this league then I'd probably be thinking differently, but not in the Premier League.

J-C
19-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Presuming we go up I'd keep the ones in bold. Fonts maybe being one that I could see us not offering a contract to in favour of a younger CB possibly although I'd be happy to see him stay. While he's not been awful I just don't feel Keatings has offered enough on a regular basis to be offered terms if we're promoted. If we stayed in this league then I'd probably be thinking differently, but not in the Premier League.

One of the reasons Hearts released Keatings was they didn't think he could step up in a higher division, good off the bench and chips in with a few goals but purely a back up, do we need a back up or someone pushing for a starting spot.

Smartie
19-01-2017, 09:43 AM
One of the reasons Hearts released Keatings was they didn't think he could step up in a higher division, good off the bench and chips in with a few goals but purely a back up, do we need a back up or someone pushing for a starting spot.

I'd like to see him given the chance.

The main problem with Keatings imo is his injury-proneness, not because it's caused him to miss a lot of games but because they've happened at awful times for him, just when he's been getting a bit of momentum.

Cummings will probably leave at some point, Keatings strikes me as a more than able replacement.

There's something about Keatings I've always liked. He's a wholehearted player who has never let us down.

J-C
19-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see him given the chance.

The main problem with Keatings imo is his injury-proneness, not because it's caused him to miss a lot of games but because they've happened at awful times for him, just when he's been getting a bit of momentum.

Cummings will probably leave at some point, Keatings strikes me as a more than able replacement.

There's something about Keatings I've always liked. He's a wholehearted player who has never let us down.

I fully understand as I like him too, I just wonder if he'll stay fit long enough to offer anything if/when we go up, same goes for McGeouch, love them both to bits but we need a strong competitive squad next season, not one with 3-4 guys constantly injured all the time.

hibbysam
19-01-2017, 11:51 AM
This is not good!
Its usually the agent who calls the shots.
Any player who is out of contract at the end of the season, can sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in this transfer window.
Hopefully this does not happen, but other clubs looking to get players with the pedigree of McGinn and MacGregor will be sitting on the sidelines waiting to pounce!

Waiting for SJM? Could be waiting a while, he's not out of contract. DMcG is going nowhere either. Hibs cannot go around handing contracts out willy nilly when we have no idea where we will be playing.

southern hibby
19-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Waiting for SJM? Could be waiting a while, he's not out of contract. DMcG is going nowhere either. Hibs cannot go around handing contracts out willy nilly when we have no idea where we will be playing.

No we can't but we could offer a two way contract if we go up your contract will be this much for this long. If we don't go up you will get this much for this long or your free to talk to other clubs. Sooner rather than later for me.

GGTTH

jacomo
19-01-2017, 01:51 PM

Who cares what they think? We need to make up our own mind.

Keatings is worth keeping IMO.

GreenCastle
19-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Like the Scottish Cup knock on effect..win this league and the feel good factor will continue and that will make it easier to resign players and entice new players - allow the club to be in much better place to negotiate etc.

Don't go up..I don't even want to think about it .. loss of manager..players and crowds..

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-01-2017, 01:58 PM

One of the other reasons they let him go is because they don't know a good young Scottish striker from their arse or their elbow. See also, releasing Cummings, given new contracts to guff like Callum Elliot and releasing Keatings then replacing him with Gavin Reilly. Have they had a good Scottish striker since Robbo?
I'd like to see Keats stay, good wee player with a brilliant delivery and set piece on him.

CMurdoch
19-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Keatings (25) and Boyle (23) are still fairly young.
if you think they will continue to mature and improve you would be inclined to offer them a 1 year contract with an option for the club to extend it to 2.
Think Fontaine's wage will be as much as Keatings and Boyle put together and this will be the reason that he will not be offered a new contract.

cabbageandribs1875
19-01-2017, 02:21 PM

GGTTH

that's exactly what i'm looking forward to, teams visiting easter road actually looking to get more than 1 point, are you listening houston/locke

scoopyboy
19-01-2017, 03:38 PM
No we can't but we could offer a two way contract if we go up your contract will be this much for this long. If we don't go up you will get this much for this long or your free to talk to other clubs. Sooner rather than later for me.

GGTTH

Great idea from Hibs point of view.

However, a player might not want to commit without knowing what League he would be playing in.

It won't happen until we know what League we're in.