PDA

View Full Version : Best youth players sign extended deals with club

hibs0666
17-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Kenny Millar article in the Sun (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/)

More good news! The club must really fancy Porteous.

Onceinawhile
17-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Can't be true. It was only last week Scott Martin was "steaming at the ears" about being dropped v Dundee utd and callum crane was ready to leave over a lack of games.

Andy74
17-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Can't be true. It was only last week Scott Martin was "steaming at the ears" about being dropped v Dundee utd and callum crane was ready to leave over a lack of games.

Indeed!

calumhibee1
17-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Kenny Millar article in the Sun (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/)

More good news! The club must really fancy Porteous.

Read good things on here about Porteous. Didn't realise he was only 17 and playing in League 2, I just presumed he was 19/20. 5 years is quite the contract.

NAE NOOKIE
17-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Read good things on here about Porteous. Didn't realise he was only 17 and playing in League 2, I just presumed he was 19/20. 5 years is quite the contract.

Indeed, handing a 5 year contract out to any player is pretty unusual I would have thought, it must be great for the lads self confidence in as much as it shows Hibs really rate him and it gives him real medium term security.

Its good to see the other lads like Crane and Shaw getting better or longer contracts as well, could it be that our youth academy is finally beginning to pay off .... Scott Martin certainly looks the real deal, if the rest of the lads are as good or better it can only be a good thing for us.

It was interesting to see that we have already lost 3 promising youngsters to the Ugly Sisters ..... the more we can do to stop that happening the better.

Unseen work
17-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Hopefully we are able to give the likes of Martin, Crane and shaw some game time tonight and/or on Saturday.