PDA

View Full Version : Commons/Swanson

21sMay
16-01-2017, 10:00 PM
I know it's been talked about for weeks now but I heard from a close friend early in November Hibs where trying to negotiate compo for Swanson , I have now been told that he has always been the first option over commons and we are awaiting response from st Johnstone before taking the commons deal any further. Anyone else heard the same ?

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 10:04 PM
I know it's been talked about for weeks now but I heard from a close friend early in November Hibs where trying to negotiate compo for Swanson , I have now been told that he has always been the first option over commons and we are awaiting response from st Johnstone before taking the commons deal any further. Anyone else heard the same ?
I know nuthin but doesn't look like Hibs have offered anything yet on Commons and sounds like we think its too costly. Maybe Swanson is a better bet if we can get him for nothing and lower wage than 2k pw

Andy74
16-01-2017, 10:09 PM

I don't believe Swanson would be a first choice ahead of Commons. More affordable maybe but not first choice.

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 10:12 PM
I don't believe Swanson would be a first choice ahead of Commons. More affordable maybe but not first choice.
If it costs too much then it's not a choice?

truehibernian
16-01-2017, 10:24 PM

We're after both Andy

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2017, 12:37 AM
We're after both Andy

Commons probably won't last more than another season. Swanson probably three.

truehibernian
17-01-2017, 12:59 AM
Commons probably won't last more than another season. Swanson probably three.

Danny could be a 'Latapy' signing Bob - and I agree, 3 year deal is a must - I think that's what Hibs are working on, however Saints notoriously look after players so it'll be tight. He wants to sign for Hibs I'm told.

TrinityHibby
17-01-2017, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;4909890]Danny could be a 'Latapy' signing Bob

May I ask who has told you Hibs are even interested In DS? In my opinion comparing him to Commons is like comparing Scarlet Moffat to Scarlet Johannson

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Commons until the summer then Danny after without compensation surely the ideal solution?

Moulin Yarns
17-01-2017, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;4909890]Danny could be a 'Latapy' signing Bob

May I ask who has told you Hibs are even interested In DS? In my opinion comparing him to Commons is like comparing Scarlet Moffat to Scarlet Johannson

:drool:

Soon to be in Scotland for filming :wink:

Heisenberg
17-01-2017, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=TrinityHibby;4910185]

:drool:

Soon to be in Scotland for filming :wink:

Hopefully not a follow up on the last one she filmed in Scotland. The worst film I've ever seen.

On topic, Commons/Swanson would both be very good additions. As mentioned it would surely be an ideal scenario to get Commons until the end of the season then sign Swanson on a free.

CapitalGreen
17-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Danny could be a 'Latapy' signing Bob

Exactly, Danny (Johnasson) has scored 12 goals in the top divison while Commons (Moffat) hasn't even played one game.

Lago
17-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Is Swanson not inclined to be a bit injury prone?

TrinityHibby
17-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Exactly, Danny (Johnasson) has scored 12 goals in the top divison while Commons (Moffat) hasn't even played one game.

I'm fairly certain you know my preference, however notwithstanding this I'm pretty confident Hibs will spend the Jan budget sensibly GGTTH

cleanyman
17-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Danny Swanson would be an aw*** signing.

Plagued with injuries his entire career.

If we do it has to be a maximum of a 2 year deal

Scouse Hibee
17-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Danny Swanson why would we bother with him?

Moulin Yarns
17-01-2017, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Golden Fleece;4910207]

Hopefully not a follow up on the last one she filmed in Scotland. The worst film I've ever seen.

On topic, Commons/Swanson would both be very good additions. As mentioned it would surely be an ideal scenario to get Commons until the end of the season then sign Swanson on a free.

Wrong thread :wink: (Under the Skin. good book, strange film)
Scarlett Johnasson along with some other big names will be filming Avengers: Infinity Wars in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the highlands of Scotland in March.

Saint Hibee
17-01-2017, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Heisenberg;4910214]

Wrong thread :wink: (Under the Skin. good book, strange film)
Scarlett Johnasson along with some other big names will be filming Avengers: Infinity Wars in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the highlands of Scotland in March.

She literally eats a Hibby in that film. Not sure if we should be flattered or horrified!

Iain G
17-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Danny Swanson would be an aw*** signing.

Plagued with injuries his entire career.

If we do it has to be a maximum of a 2 year deal

Maybe Swanson and McGeough would add up to one whole player who stays fit for a season? :greengrin

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Commons until the summer then Danny after without compensation surely the ideal solution?

Correcto (Swanson on a 2 season contract)

CRAZYHIBBY
17-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Danny could be a 'Latapy' signing Bob - and I agree, 3 year deal is a must - I think that's what Hibs are working on, however Saints notoriously look after players so it'll be tight. He wants to sign for Hibs I'm told.

Swanson couldnt lace latapys boots....or is this tongue n cheek

BSEJVT
17-01-2017, 04:46 PM
To be honest I am completely meh about Swanson signing for Hibs

If he does he will get my full support, but I wont be too fussed if he doesn't

Blows far too hot and cold for me and has a very poor injury record

Andy74
17-01-2017, 06:10 PM
To be honest I am completely meh about Swanson signing for Hibs

If he does he will get my full support, but I wont be too fussed if he doesn't

Blows far too hot and cold for me and has a very poor injury record

Agree. Not in the least bothered either way.

hibees 7062
17-01-2017, 06:19 PM
I know nuthin but doesn't look like Hibs have offered anything yet on Commons and sounds like we think its too costly. Maybe Swanson is a better bet if we can get him for nothing and lower wage than 2k pw

2k pw is what he wants

hibees 7062
17-01-2017, 06:21 PM

That's what Petrie thinks aswell . He doesn't want to pay compo

HoboHarry
17-01-2017, 06:30 PM
2k pw is what he wants

Did he tell you that over coffee and toast this morning?

Hibbyradge
17-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Petrie has nothing to do with it.

Keyser Sauzee
17-01-2017, 07:11 PM

U can't seriously think he could be a "Latapy" signing? He's never shown at any club he's been at that he could be anywhere near as good as him or have the impact Russel had on our team! He's a decent SPL player but that's it and I'm completely down the middle if he signs or not.

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 07:25 PM

As much as I don't think Petrie is involved I would have to agree with the club if it was the case.

hibees 7062
17-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Petrie has nothing to do with it.

Really ?

hibees 7062
17-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Did he tell you that over coffee and toast this morning?

Is that meant to be funny ?

HoboHarry
17-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Is that meant to be funny ?
Aye. Your turn.......

Hibbyradge
17-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Really ?

Yup.

hibees 7062
17-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Yup.

Good , I know who I believe

monktonharp
17-01-2017, 10:04 PM
heard that he was a Hibernian fan, when younger and was excited at the possibility of signing this was probably when it was rumoured about our interest. good player, and did some manage against us with D.Utd iirc. would be happy to see him with us

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Is Swanson rather common or is Commons having a swansong?

Big L
18-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Dun Utd have got an offer in for Gary McKay Stevens, according to Robert Thomson in the Sun. I would take him before Commons, Swanson or anyone else currently available from Parkhead. He is exactly what we need IMO.

shetlandhibee
18-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Dun Utd have got an offer in for Gary McKay Stevens, according to Robert Thomson in the Sun. I would take him before Commons, Swanson or anyone else currently available from Parkhead. He is exactly what we need IMO.take him before commons//? hes on par with shinnie iMO commons will get goals+= points and if we get him again he will get better as season goes on! thats who we need and should want in this next few months.......:agree:

Big L
18-01-2017, 05:20 PM
GMS a winger, Shinnie a midfielder, explain the comparison.

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Dun Utd have got an offer in for Gary McKay Stevens, according to Robert Thomson in the Sun. I would take him before Commons, Swanson or anyone else currently available from Parkhead. He is exactly what we need IMO.
Latest reports saying it's dead in the water and Celtic will NOT loan him out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Big L
18-01-2017, 06:48 PM
They must still think he has a future with them. The only good thing about that is Dun Utd won't get him either.

Jim44
18-01-2017, 06:51 PM

No idea who's reporting this but I can't get my head round Celtic not wanting to loan him out. It might well be that they are trying to loan him out to a club willing or able to contribute more of his wages but they're not stupid or vindictive enough to keep him hanging around Parkhead on full salary.

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2017, 06:54 PM
No idea who's reporting this but I can't get my head round Celtic not wanting to loan him out. It might well be that they are trying to loan him out to a club willing or able to contribute more of his wages but they're not stupid or vindictive enough to keep him hanging around Parkhead on full salary.
STV news as below...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170118/f2af66dcb7cc3da30161a8fcd6d03548.jpg

Jim44
18-01-2017, 07:08 PM
STV news as below...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170118/f2af66dcb7cc3da30161a8fcd6d03548.jpg

Sorry, Borderhibbie, I got the wrong end of the stick there. I thought you were referring to reports about Commons not going on loan.

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Sorry, Borderhibbie, I got the wrong end of the stick there. I thought you were referring to reports about Commons not going on loan.
Oh no worries pal ...

xyz23jc
18-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Is Swanson rather common or is Commons having a swansong?

One Swanson doesn't make a Summer! :greengrin

xyz23jc
18-01-2017, 08:12 PM

That's a relief, along with the no deal for Cifti!

poolman
18-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Danny Swanson why would we bother with him?

Exactly, I'm baffled why some who would want him

weonlywon6-2
18-01-2017, 08:28 PM

I heard this last week,appears mileage but contract at St J the issue

Heisenberg
18-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Eh...he's been a standout player for St Johnstone this season in the league above ours.

Marco G
18-01-2017, 08:50 PM

Why would they loan him? I think Rodgers rates him and he will get game time second part of season.

Marco G
18-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Why would they loan him? I think Rodgers rates him and he will get game time second part of season.
Sorry, just confusing this thread title. GMS who i am replying about seems to have crept in to the CK vs DS thread 😊

Ronniekirk
18-01-2017, 09:01 PM

But realistically they dont need him , they will bring in others players so how is he suddenly going to get game time now Just dont see it
He veryainly wont be first pick week in week out

JimBHibees
18-01-2017, 09:04 PM

Been a standout this season scored 11 goals or so from midfield.

Winston Ingram
18-01-2017, 09:07 PM

Really? He's been a standout and scored a 11 goals before Christmas from midfield in the league above. He'd rip this league

Winston Ingram
19-01-2017, 10:10 AM
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/01/video-kris-commons-back-and-fully-involved-in-celtic-training-after-hibs-loan/

Andy74
19-01-2017, 11:22 AM
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/01/video-kris-commons-back-and-fully-involved-in-celtic-training-after-hibs-loan/

He was training with them before he came here too. Non story really.

polarbear
19-01-2017, 11:37 AM
I like Swanson. Very cultured player who wasn't blessed with athleticism.
Good Hibs family too.
Loves a goal against the Hearts. :aok::aok::aok::aok:
Definitely worth a go.

21sMay
19-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Just been told from a good friend that st Johnston have rejected a final offer from Hibs for a January transfer of Swanson. Hibs will now supposedly go ahead for a pre contract . Don't shot the messenger guys

HoboHarry
19-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Just been told from a good friend that st Johnston have rejected a final offer from Hibs for a January transfer of Swanson. Hibs will now supposedly go ahead for a pre contract . Don't shot the messenger guys
Struggling to see that we would offer a contract to an SPL player without knowing which league we will be in next season.

J-C
19-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Struggling to see that we would offer a contract to an SPL player without knowing which league we will be in next season.

If his wages demands are within our budget I can't see the problem.

Winston Ingram
19-01-2017, 08:23 PM

It's St Johnstone. He'll be on £750 a week max

Ronniekirk
19-01-2017, 08:34 PM

Have Faith we will be promoted as Champions We are back on track and if we make the right signings in this window that should see us through

HoboHarry
19-01-2017, 08:38 PM
If his wages demands are within our budget I can't see the problem.

Has NL not already stated that no contracts have been offered as yet to those whose agreements will end in the summer? Why would he offer a contract to Swanson now and not, for example, to Darren McGregor?

HoboHarry
19-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Have Faith we will be promoted as Champions We are back on track and if we make the right signings in this window that should see us through

Oh I believe that Ronnie but the club still has to run a business.....

Greenworld
19-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Has NL not already stated that no contracts have been offered as yet to those whose agreements will end in the summer? Why would he offer a contract to Swanson now and not, for example, to Darren McGregor?
Discussions have taken place with various players

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
19-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Discussions have taken place with various players

Discussions are different to actual offers......

Ronniekirk
19-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Oh I believe that Ronnie but the club still has to run a business.....

We havent had a good cup run this season yet so am hoping for a good run in the Scottish Cup as holders ( love saying that ) Our larger crowds will hold up this Season which helps
But agree the sooner we can start resigning key players in this squad and start planning for next Season the better
Just being promoted wont keep the crowds The club will need to show again they are prepared to strenthen the squad and yep thats where the Business side creeps in But if ever there was a time to invest in the Team and take chance that crowds can at least be maintained if they do its now

Greenworld
19-01-2017, 08:56 PM
I think that players know what will be on offer at least the ones we want to keep.there is no panic

brog
19-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Because it's easier to retain a player than it is to sign a new player. Our current players who are out of contract in the summer will already have a good idea if they're going to be offered a new deal.

J-C
19-01-2017, 10:23 PM

Hibs boss Neil Lennon has revealed that all of his key players who are out of contract in the summer will be offered new deals - regardless of whether the club wins promotion.
Thirteen squad members, including captain David Gray and the club’s longest-serving player Lewis Stevenson, are poised to enter the final six months of their deals as of January.
Lennon had previously said the club’s ability to offer new contracts would hinge on returning to the top flight and the extra finance that comes with it, but that stance now appears to have changed.

We’ve told them all they will be offered extensions,’ said Lennon. ‘That will take place in the New Year.’

Mailonline 16th december

21sMay
19-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Just had another text from same person ( nit forcing anyone to read or believe these btw , just passing on what I'm told) Swanson very dissapointed with st Johnstone and is desperate for something to be worked out before end of Jan. According to close friend Hibs offered 45k plus Harris. St Johnstone rejected this offer. Mk dons also after Danny

houstonhibbee
19-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Just had another text from same person ( nit forcing anyone to read or believe these btw , just passing on what I'm told) Swanson very dissapointed with st Johnstone and is desperate for something to be worked out before end of Jan. According to close friend Hibs offered 45k plus Harris. St Johnstone rejected this offer. Mk dons also after Danny
54k would give KC 3k pw for 18 months

bigwheel
19-01-2017, 10:56 PM
54k would give KC 3k pw for 18 months

18 weeks.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leither17
20-01-2017, 12:49 AM

Can't see him going to Mk Dons when Neilson never played him for hearts

Viva_Palmeiras
20-01-2017, 05:43 AM
18 weeks.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

;)

1van Sprou7e
20-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Someone told me that Swanson's dad stopped him from joining Hibs (despite beung a Hibee himself) because he owns a chain of pubs in Edinburgh and didn't want them to be associated with one club.

Anyone else heard anything similair

Shrekko
20-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Someone told me that Swanson's dad stopped him from joining Hibs (despite beung a Hibee himself) because he owns a chain of pubs in Edinburgh and didn't want them to be associated with one club.

Anyone else heard anything similair

Well seeing as he played for Hearts....if he signed for us he'd be associated with both clubs!!

Why didn't his Dad stop him signing for the Jambos?

CropleyWasGod
20-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Well seeing as he played for Hearts....if he signed for us he'd be associated with both clubs!!

Why didn't his Dad stop him signing for the Jambos?

He'd be about 28 when he signed for them, so not exactly in a position to do so :greengrin