PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch?

Dalkeith Boy
16-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Sorry if I missed a post...but is he injured again?....notice he was not even on bench last weekend?

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Sorry if I missed a post...but is he injured again?....notice he was not even on bench last weekend?
quoted on the official site as having picked up a slight knock against Dundee U

J-C
16-01-2017, 08:33 PM
He wasn't scared to put his foot into a tackle last week, he got clattered a few times.

The Modfather
16-01-2017, 08:45 PM
He's made of glass. With having Fyvie & McGinn I'd look to move him on in the summer if possible and replace with someone we will get more games out of.

A shame as he's a good player.

S4uzee
16-01-2017, 08:46 PM
He's made of glass. With having Fyvie & McGinn I'd look to move him on in the summer if possible and replace with someone we will get more games out of.

Move McGeouch on ... behave

Dalkeith Boy
16-01-2017, 08:47 PM
quoted on the official site as having picked up a slight knock against Dundee U

Thanks...must have missed that

The Modfather
16-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Move McGeouch on ... behave

Just my opinion. Not because of his ability, but don't feel we get anywhere near enough games out of him. We also have Fyvie who does a similar role. Bring in a midfielder who gets 10 or so goals a season.

Borderhibbie76
16-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Just my opinion. Not because of his ability, but don't feel we get anywhere near enough games out of him. We also have Fyvie who does a similar role. Bring in a midfielder who gets 10 or so goals a season.
Fyvie has also missed a number of games both this and last with injury...wanna move him on too?? Behave mate 2 class players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cmcd
16-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Fyvie has also missed a number of games both this and last with injury...wanna move him on too?? Behave mate 2 class players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agree with this

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Agree with this
there are very few entertainers in football esp in Scotland. Dylan is one of them and were lucky to have him.

Ronniekirk
16-01-2017, 09:38 PM
If he is on form he can keep the ball find space , take on players and pick a pass and can dictate play and a game
Invaluable assett but as has been well documented his on going injury issues need to be managed and will ontomue to curtail his game time and thefore wecant rely on him Dont know if thete is going to be a cure but worth keeping this season and if he can get a full pre season under his belt then he can certainly do a job at a higher level

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 09:44 PM
If he is on form he can keep the ball find space , take on players and pick a pass and can dictate play and a game
Invaluable assett but as has been well documented his on going injury issues need to be managed and will ontomue to curtail his game time and thefore wecant rely on him Dont know if thete is going to be a cure but worth keeping this season and if he can get a full pre season under his belt then he can certainly do a job at a higher level
If he is only fit for say 50% of games he's worth keeping. If he breaks down during games then that would be too disruptive. But that's not an issue

we are hibs
16-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Can't believe some people want rid of our best player.

If he didn't make the final last season we'd have lost it.

HibernianJK
16-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Can't believe some people want rid of our best player.

If he didn't make the final last season we'd have lost it.

:agree:

He is our best player IMO and we look so much stronger with him in the team. He is able to control games and always looks like he has so much time on the ball.

Big L
16-01-2017, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't say he is our best player and in the past I have moaned about his injury problems, but he certainly has loads of ability. I wonder if we get the best out of him, I would like to see him playing further forward in a Commons type role. A midfield of Fyvie McGeough McGinn with the same front 3 that played against Dun Utd I think would do well.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-01-2017, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't say he is our best player and in the past I have moaned about his injury problems, but he certainly has loads of ability. I wonder if we get the best out of him, I would like to see him playing further forward in a Commons type role. A midfield of Fyvie McGeough McGinn with the same front 3 that played against Dun Utd I think would do well.

Best footballer :agree:

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 12:06 AM
He is an artist. If he didn't have his injury issue he would still be at Celtic.
I love watching him play. Keeps the ball just out of reach of opponents before gliding away from them.
McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley do the running and McGeough is the Quarterback looking to thread the ball down the channels.
Classy if a little glassy!

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2017, 12:20 AM
He is an artist. If he didn't have his injury issue he would still be at Celtic.
I love watching him play. Keeps the ball just out of reach of opponents before gliding away from them.
McGinn, Fyvie and Bartley do the running and McGeough is the Quarterback looking to thread the ball down the channels.
Classy if a little glassy!

Best post I've read on DMcG.

Since90+2
17-01-2017, 05:47 AM

Both Fyvie and McGeouch signed in 2014/2015 season and since then McGeouch has made 72 appearances and Fyvie 62.

Fyvie signed 5 months after Dylan which is why he had played about 10 games less but overall they have played roughly the same amount of games.