PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC In The Pink

CMurdoch
16-01-2017, 05:24 PM
We have HAD our pain.
Promotion will be the next piece in the jigsaw with only a couple of payments to Sir Tom to complete the project.

Then it will be:
Ground - Complete
Training Ground - Complete
Level - Premier League
Debt - Nil
Scottish Cup Winners - Recent
League Cup Winners - Recent

3rd Place Rivals:
Aberdeen - new ground to pay for. Ouch!
Hearts - big new stand to pay for. Ouch

GGTTH

ancient hibee
16-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Debt isn't nil.It's at least £4.5 million.

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 05:34 PM
We have HAD our pain.
Promotion will be the next piece in the jigsaw with only a couple of payments to Sir Tom to complete the project.

Then it will be:
Ground - Complete
Training Ground - Complete
Level - Premier League
Debt - Nil
Scottish Cup Winners - Recent
League Cup Winners - Recent

3rd Place Rivals:
Aberdeen - new ground to pay for. Ouch!
Hearts - big new stand to pay for. Ouch

GGTTH

Why not second place?

jgl07
16-01-2017, 05:42 PM
But is it not long-term debt from the construction of the new stands at Easter Road?

It is not short-term debt.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2017, 05:44 PM

Paid over an agreed period at an agreed amount.

Sas_The_Hibby
16-01-2017, 05:49 PM
But is it not long-term debt from the construction of the new stands at Easter Road?

Or is it debt we "only owe ourselves"? :wink::greengrin

ancient hibee
16-01-2017, 06:12 PM

what difference does that make.It still has to be paid back(at half a million a year).

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2017, 06:16 PM
It's all about promotion. Get up and it's been a fabulous little holiday with a once in several lifetimes culture changing event thrown in.

Fail to go up and it's another crisis to negotiate.

Jones28
16-01-2017, 06:17 PM

They're mortgages rather than bank debt though aren't they?

ancient hibee
16-01-2017, 06:21 PM

Debt is debt:greengrin.The first 1200 STs will cover the annual repayment.

BSEJVT
16-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Debt is debt:greengrin.The first 1200 STs will cover the annual repayment.

They will indeed

But yet again it highlights the costs we have been running with in getting our stadium and training ground up to scratch that many of our peers have not yet incurred.

As those costs start to drop off for us they will be taking them on and saddled with them for decades

I sense the start of a golden era for Hibs

Eyrie
16-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Paid over an agreed period at an agreed amount.

And at an agreed interest rate of zero.

Correct - the money is owed to our holding company, which in turn is owned by Farmer and Petrie.

Sas_The_Hibby
16-01-2017, 07:43 PM
It's all about promotion. Get up and it's been a fabulous little holiday with a once in several lifetimes culture changing event thrown in.

I presume you mean the away trip to Cowdenbeath.

jacomo
16-01-2017, 07:46 PM

So true.

Delighted that the hysteria has dissipated for now, but I imagine there will be at least one more bump in the road between here and our destination.

CMurdoch
16-01-2017, 10:35 PM
So true.

Delighted that the hysteria has dissipated for now, but I imagine there will be at least one more bump in the road between here and our destination.

Losing McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings at the same time gave us problems and was Dundee Utd's chance and they couldn't take advantage.
All 3 will all be up to speed before the next league game along with Humphrey and I expect Hibs to continue to increase the points gap from the rest especially if Commons is on board.

I'm not one for the green spectacles, but i really can't see them getting anywhere near us. They just don't have the players.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Losing McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings at the same time gave us problems and was Dundee Utd's chance and they couldn't take advantage.
All 3 will all be up to speed before the next league game along with Humphrey and I expect Hibs to continue to increase the points gap from the rest especially if Commons is on board.

I'm not one for the green spectacles, but i really can't see them getting anywhere near us. They just don't have the players.

:agree: We'll win the league by around 8-10 points.

CMurdoch
16-01-2017, 10:46 PM
Re the debt. If I remember correctly our only debt is to Sir Tom and we are paying him back at £500k per season at 0% interest.
Not sure if I have jumped the gun but I thought there were only about 4 more payments to make.
Does anyone have a more accurate figure?

truehibernian
16-01-2017, 10:47 PM

It's been by far the best 3 years in decades Bob. We've reconnected with the fans, we've solidified and improved the fan base, there's a real bond to the club young and old, we've dominated every Derby since going down home and away, we've reached a quarter final, a semi, two finals, and won the holy grail - all since relegation - we needed the reality check big time.

Arguably our most successful period for decades, simply the wrong division.

CMurdoch
16-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Why not second place?

Although Sevco have done their utmost to mess things up since they became a new club, they will improve again next season.
This season they have already caught up with and passed Hearts and Aberdeen.
Next season I expect them to finish well behind Celtic but a little ahead of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Mango Man
16-01-2017, 11:54 PM
It's been by far the best 3 years in decades Bob. We've reconnected with the fans, we've solidified and improved the fan base, there's a real bond to the club young and old, we've dominated every Derby since going down home and away, we've reached a quarter final, a semi, two finals, and won the holy grail - all since relegation - we needed the reality check big time.

Spot on!!

Last season was the most mental one I can ever remember, even if we didn't win the cup, to get to 2 finals whilst being in the Championship has surely never been done in Scotland before, we seemed to have so many games towards the end of last season, all really vital ones as well.

We're on the up.

Man Down Under
17-01-2017, 12:24 AM
I presume you mean the away trip to Cowdenbeath.
#persevered

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2017, 12:34 AM

It's an amazing paradox, and I agree. Our cup record in the lower division has been pretty astonishing - it seems as if we put so much into those big games in knockout tournaments, due to the bread-and-butter stuff being not so exciting. The cup win then ignited something in the fan base and community that even the SPL flag wouldn't have done. Astonishing to think that this team are in the lower division and playing in front of bigger crowds than Turnbull, McLeish and Mowbray's sides. Now we need to capitalise and get back in the top flight.

lyonhibs
17-01-2017, 01:33 AM

Quite a big caveat that is it not? 3 seasons for Hibs in the Scottish First Division does not equate to a successful league period IMO.

Great consistency in the cups right enough.

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 01:49 AM

I forgot to add the 2 sendings off for Barclay that never where.
So basically despite the injuries to vital players at the same time, Barclays duff sending off's and an inability to turn pressure into goals we still have a 6 points lead.
There is no chance the second half of the season will go as badly.
Promotion assured.
:flag:

truehibernian
17-01-2017, 03:11 AM
Quite a big caveat that is it not? 3 seasons for Hibs in the Scottish First Division does not equate to a successful league period IMO.

Great consistency in the cups right enough.

3,years under Fenlon & Butcher in the SPL

Versus

3 years under Stubbs and Lennon

I absolutely know where I'd rather be and it's the last 3 years where our club has undoubtedly strengthened, won a cup, gained kudos and momentum, and lost the 'hibsd it' tag - this division has been a blessing in disguise in all manner of ways. No caveat, we needed it to totally restructure and refocus.

GloryGlory
17-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Although Sevco have done their utmost to mess things up since they became a new club, they will improve again next season.
This season they have already caught up with and passed Hearts and Aberdeen.
Next season I expect them to finish well behind Celtic but a little ahead of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

I think Sevco are skint and if they start spending to try and close the gap with Celtic, an administration event is more than likely in the near future. All IMHO, of course. :greengrin

jgl07
17-01-2017, 01:45 PM
what difference does that make.It still has to be paid back(at half a million a year).
A bloody big difference.

Take a case of someone who has twenty years left on a mortgage owing £100,000 but has a current account in credit and £5,000 in a savings account. Net debt £95,000

Compare that with someone else living in rented accommodation who has a credit card maxed out with £2,500 and an overdraft of £5,000. Net debt £7,500.

Who has the bigger problem?

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 02:10 PM
I think Sevco are skint and if they start spending to try and close the gap with Celtic, an administration event is more than likely in the near future. All IMHO, of course. :greengrin

They are skint but every season they get fresh cash from almost 50,000 season tickets.
Scottish Clubs get most of their income (the highest percentage in Europe) from getting people through the gates so they will languish in the void behind Celtic despite being idiots with their cash.
David Murray really should have got the jail for what he did to their club including bringing in a daftie to take the helm as it was heading at speed for the wall.

Ozyhibby
17-01-2017, 03:58 PM
They are skint but every season they get fresh cash from almost 50,000 season tickets.
Scottish Clubs get most of their income (the highest percentage in Europe) from getting people through the gates so they will languish in the void behind Celtic despite being idiots with their cash.
David Murray really should have got the jail for what he did to their club including bringing in a daftie to take the helm as it was heading at speed for the wall.

Murray put over £100m into Rangers over his time in charge in order to try match Celtic who had no debt and a stadium with 10,000 extra seats in it. Without Murray they would just be where they are now, miles behind. None of the money Murray put in was his own of course, it was mostly debt from the Bank of Scotland that he would then transfer over to MIH. In the end he stiffed them for about £800m. And it still was not enough so he decided to try not paying tax.
As Walter Smith says, he did what needed to be done. Without it Rangers crowds would collapse. We are about to see just how loyal the loyal are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
17-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Running to the newsagent at 5.45pm on a Sat. Part of growing up.

Brightside
17-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Training ground far from complete.

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Murray put over £100m into Rangers over his time in charge in order to try match Celtic who had no debt and a stadium with 10,000 extra seats in it. Without Murray they would just be where they are now, miles behind. None of the money Murray put in was his own of course, it was mostly debt from the Bank of Scotland that he would then transfer over to MIH. In the end he stiffed them for about £800m. And it still was not enough so he decided to try not paying tax.
As Walter Smith says, he did what needed to be done. Without it Rangers crowds would collapse. We are about to see just how loyal the loyal are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a great believer in clubs living within their means.
The club belongs to the fans and it's continued existance and long term financial health is the most important thing for a Chief Exec.
What Murray did was a short term vanity project and bringing a daftie in at the end to take the heat was a final stroke of arrogant self protection.

Hibs are in rude health now and hopefully after some painful times the future is now bright financially and thus sportingly.

I read an article last week which stated that teams in the SPL receive a higher percentage of their income from attendances than any other league in Europe.
It therefore stands to reason that all other things being equal your league place will be dictated by that.

Will Hibs fans be happy with a fight for 3rd each season? No chance
Will they be shouting for us to buy players we can't afford to chase the title? Of course

hibs0666
17-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Training ground far from complete.

Can Hibs not train on it? News to me that.

ancient hibee
17-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Re the debt. If I remember correctly our only debt is to Sir Tom and we are paying him back at £500k per season at 0% interest.
Not sure if I have jumped the gun but I thought there were only about 4 more payments to make.
Does anyone have a more accurate figure?

£4million,repayment complete july 2025.

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 05:56 PM
£4million,repayment complete july 2025.

Thanks, didn't realise there were so many more payments due.

ancient hibee
17-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Thanks, didn't realise there were so many more payments due.
Payable at around £40K a month.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Getting relegated was a disaster .... but on the other hand nobody will deny that the end result has been a massive turn around in the fortunes of the club, not so much on the park where like it or not we have failed in our main aim of returning to the top division, but off the park the change has been remarkable.

The connection between the club and the fans is as good as its ever been in my time as a supporter, that was evident before we won the cup and was cranked up 100% after winning it ...... The appointment of a manager who if nothing else recognised that the whole structure needed an overhaul and the appointment of a CEO whose contribution to the club has been worth every single penny of whatever we pay her has been a huge contributory factor as well.

Thousands of supporters through private means or HSL or both now own part of the club .... from that perspective the connection between club and supporters can never be seen as a them and us scenario. You often hear football fans say 'we are the club' and there is a lot of truth in that for any club, its just that 'unlike some clubs I could name' more and more Hibs fans have a piece of paper to prove it.

Our future is so dependant on getting promoted it simply cant be overstated .... our crowds have risen to what a few years ago would have been seen as fantasy levels with the average being a 40 odd year high, 18,700 against Dundee Utd on a Friday night for a game live on council telly would have been unthinkable a few years back in just about any circumstances, never mind for a mid season game in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

If we can go up we will bust our season ticket record and revenues from pretty well every avenue available to us will rise. The trick will be to sign and keep the right quality of players required to make a dent in the Premiership and keep the season ticket buyers on board for future seasons.

What we can never again do is to bury our heads in the sand as a club and pretend that things are all going to work out or are going well when the signs are clear that action is required ..... and that includes even stupid simple things that seem of no consequence. It may seem a daft thing, but even the issue of the scruffy nature of the artificial turf running the length of the east stand should be getting addressed ...... its all about pride, pride, pride ..... that should be ingrained into everybody who owns runs or works for this great football club.

We must always have the mindset that we are not the finished article on or off the park .... We must look around Easter Road and know that there are many things that can still be done to turn a very good stadium into a brilliant stadium. We must look at East Mains and be thinking of one day having a full sized indoor training facility on site and facilities dedicated to parents, relatives and friends bringing promising youngsters to train there.
We must look at every avenue available to get supporters to spend their money inside the stadium, from taking on board negative comments about the club shop and catering to maximizing the number of fans who use 'behind the goals' ..... our group just don't go there because we can never get a table, even if we turn up 90 minutes before kick off. If anything any plans to build in the Northeast corner of the stadium could do worse than include plans to extend 'behind the goals' into that area. There must be a hundred other things big and small we could be looking at ...... improving 'everything' should be a never ending process and credo at this club.

Most of all everything that this club does should have one aim and that is no matter what the odds against it our aim must be to one day win the Premiership .... 3rd or 2nd is good, but it should never be accepted as good enough.

GGTTH :greengrin

where'stheslope
18-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Getting relegated was a disaster .... but on the other hand nobody will deny that the end result has been a massive turn around in the fortunes of the club, not so much on the park where like it or not we have failed in our main aim of returning to the top division, but off the park the change has been remarkable.

The connection between the club and the fans is as good as its ever been in my time as a supporter, that was evident before we won the cup and was cranked up 100% after winning it ...... The appointment of a manager who if nothing else recognised that the whole structure needed an overhaul and the appointment of a CEO whose contribution to the club has been worth every single penny of whatever we pay her has been a huge contributory factor as well.

Thousands of supporters through private means or HSL or both now own part of the club .... from that perspective the connection between club and supporters can never be seen as a them and us scenario. You often hear football fans say 'we are the club' and there is a lot of truth in that for any club, its just that 'unlike some clubs I could name' more and more Hibs fans have a piece of paper to prove it.

Our future is so dependant on getting promoted it simply cant be overstated .... our crowds have risen to what a few years ago would have been seen as fantasy levels with the average being a 40 odd year high, 18,700 against Dundee Utd on a Friday night for a game live on council telly would have been unthinkable a few years back in just about any circumstances, never mind for a mid season game in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

If we can go up we will bust our season ticket record and revenues from pretty well every avenue available to us will rise. The trick will be to sign and keep the right quality of players required to make a dent in the Premiership and keep the season ticket buyers on board for future seasons.

What we can never again do is to bury our heads in the sand as a club and pretend that things are all going to work out or are going well when the signs are clear that action is required ..... and that includes even stupid simple things that seem of no consequence. It may seem a daft thing, but even the issue of the scruffy nature of the artificial turf running the length of the east stand should be getting addressed ...... its all about pride, pride, pride ..... that should be ingrained into everybody who owns runs or works for this great football club.

We must always have the mindset that we are not the finished article on or off the park .... We must look around Easter Road and know that there are many things that can still be done to turn a very good stadium into a brilliant stadium. We must look at East Mains and be thinking of one day having a full sized indoor training facility on site and facilities dedicated to parents, relatives and friends bringing promising youngsters to train there.
We must look at every avenue available to get supporters to spend their money inside the stadium, from taking on board negative comments about the club shop and catering to maximizing the number of fans who use 'behind the goals' ..... our group just don't go there because we can never get a table, even if we turn up 90 minutes before kick off. If anything any plans to build in the Northeast corner of the stadium could do worse than include plans to extend 'behind the goals' into that area. There must be a hundred other things big and small we could be looking at ...... improving 'everything' should be a never ending process and credo at this club.

Most of all everything that this club does should have one aim and that is no matter what the odds against it our aim must be to one day win the Premiership .... 3rd or 2nd is good, but it should never be accepted as good enough.

Great reading and great post.

Well it was, until the last paragraph when you got carried away.

All clubs strive to be League Winners, but the reality is, while Celtic and Rangers are still playing in our League we as a Club have no chance of ever winning it ( but miracles happen).

You can argue Leicester managed it in England, but the money from SKY of £100 million a year helps a lot, Scotland don't have this kind of hand out on offer so we have to bow to much higher financed clubs in Scotland!!!

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Great reading and great post.

Well it was, until the last paragraph when you got carried away.

All clubs strive to be League Winners, but the reality is, while Celtic and Rangers are still playing in our League we as a Club have no chance of ever winning it ( but miracles happen).

You can argue Leicester managed it in England, but the money from SKY of £100 million a year helps a lot, Scotland don't have this kind of hand out on offer so we have to bow to much higher financed clubs in Scotland!!!

The clubs in England above Leicester financially had just as big, if not bigger advantage over Leicester than the OF do over Hibs. I agree that it will be very difficult for any club to get them, it's not impossible. Rangers are financially unstable and Celtic, whatever the rhetoric, will always be a stepping stone for a manager to get to the top of the EPL. It's more than possible that they could go to sleep at the wheel and appoint a turkey.

For that to happen a club like Hibs has to have a lot of decent players under contract who can't be destabilized by OF and Record/Sun press campaign. Very difficult, but not impossible if the developing players know that they will eventually get a good move. For every ill-advised Allan or Riordan, there is now a Fletcher or McGinn, who know that jumping down the M8 to bench warm most of their top playing days away isn't the way to build the best possible career they could have. They also need to find a really great manager who fits the club and has no OF inferiority complex. This the hard part in Scotland - Alex Ferguson's don't come along every day.

where'stheslope
18-01-2017, 06:38 PM
The clubs in England above Leicester financially had just as big, if not bigger advantage over Leicester than the OF do over Hibs. I agree that it will be very difficult for any club to get them, it's not impossible. Rangers are financially unstable and Celtic, whatever the rhetoric, will always be a stepping stone for a manager to get to the top of the EPL. It's more than possible that they could go to sleep at the wheel and appoint a turkey.

For that to happen a club like Hibs has to have a lot of decent players under contract who can't be destabilized by OF and Record/Sun press campaign. Very difficult, but not impossible if the developing players know that they will eventually get a good move. For every ill-advised Allan or Riordan, there is now a Fletcher or McGinn, who know that jumping down the M8 to bench warm most of their top playing days away isn't the way to build the best possible career they could have. They also need to find a really great manager who fits the club and has no OF inferiority complex. This the hard part in Scotland - Alex Ferguson's don't come along every day.

Good points made!

But last season Celtic did have a Turkey in charge in Ronnie Deila, and they still walked the league.
As for keeping players, it is the hardest of the lot?
Play for Hibs = £2,000 a week, Play for one of the Uglies = £10,000+ a week, sorry but its a no brainer.
We've had a great team ripped apart by the Uglies, if we had kept them we maybe could have done something spectacular, but money talks and they were off!!!
And with Celtic guaranteed European monies every year, the financial gap is becoming bigger every year!!!!

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Good points made!

But last season Celtic did have a Turkey in charge in Ronnie Deila, and they still walked the league.
As for keeping players, it is the hardest of the lot?
Play for Hibs = £2,000 a week, Play for one of the Uglies = £10,000+ a week, sorry but its a no brainer.
We've had a great team ripped apart by the Uglies, if we had kept them we maybe could have done something spectacular, but money talks and they were off!!!
And with Celtic guaranteed European monies every year, the financial gap is becoming bigger every year!!!!
You mean "sit on the bench for one of the uglies".....:rolleyes:

Paisley Hibby
18-01-2017, 06:46 PM

I'm going to admit it. I know why we need to get promoted but I've got mixed feelings about it. It's been more exciting playing in a league that we have a real chance of winning. It's also done us no harm in cup competitions! Once we get promoted the only plus side I can see (apart from the cash) is we get the Edinburgh Derbies back. But games against Hamilton, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and the Jags are no more attractive(and possibly less so) than those against Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Raith.

where'stheslope
18-01-2017, 06:54 PM
You mean "sit on the bench for one of the uglies".....:rolleyes:

As "Bruce Forsythe" said,"If the Price is Right"!!!!

Mr White
18-01-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm going to admit it. I know why we need to get promoted but I've got mixed feelings about it. It's been more exciting playing in a league that we have a real chance of winning. It's also done us no harm in cup competitions! Once we get promoted the only plus side I can see (apart from the cash) is we get the Edinburgh Derbies back. But games against Hamilton, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and the Jags are no more attractive(and possibly less so) than those against Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Raith.
Start a poll about the bit in bold. I dare you.

houstonhibbee
18-01-2017, 07:01 PM
I think that has some merit if we're playing crap and in a relegation dog fight every year or finishing bottom half, but not if we are top 6 and hopefully challenging for Europe. Better still if league was extended to 16....

poolman
18-01-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm a great believer in clubs living within their means.
The club belongs to the fans and it's continued existance and long term financial health is the most important thing for a Chief Exec.
What Murray did was a short term vanity project and bringing a daftie in at the end to take the heat was a final stroke of arrogant self protection.

Hibs are in rude health now and hopefully after some painful times the future is now bright financially and thus sportingly.

I read an article last week which stated that teams in the SPL receive a higher percentage of their income from attendances than any other league in Europe.
It therefore stands to reason that all other things being equal your league place will be dictated by that.

Will Hibs fans be happy with a fight for 3rd each season? No chance
Will they be shouting for us to buy players we can't afford to chase the title? Of course

Hibs in rude health.....Nonsense, I heard from a Yam last week that we are GIVING out training ground BACK to the council cos we couldn't afford it and if we don't get promoted we're going into admin 😂

I asked him why we are giving it back to the council when they didn't own it in the first place he said I don't know but I heard it from a guy at work and he's a Hibby 😂😂

Nutters to a man

Sir David Gray
18-01-2017, 09:35 PM

Being in this division is bad for the status of the club. I think if we do fail to go up this season then we'll struggle to attract the sort of players that we have so far been able to bring in over the past three seasons. We are also losing a lot of money in revenue. Also games against those Premiership sides you mention won't result in the opposition spending 80% of the game camped in their own half, playing with one guy up front and hoping to get a goal from a corner with their only shot on target after 86 minutes.

I am bored stiff of watching teams home and away adopting the above tactics in every single match against us in this league. There is absolutely no attempt at playing football a lot of the time and you can't blame them as they clearly have inferior players but it makes for a very poor spectacle.

I cannot wait to be back in the Premiership.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Hibs in rude health.....Nonsense, I heard from a Yam last week that we are GIVING out training ground BACK to the council cos we couldn't afford it and if we don't get promoted we're going into admin 😂

I asked him why we are giving it back to the council when they didn't own it in the first place he said I don't know but I heard it from a guy at work and he's a Hibby 😂😂

Nutters to a man

Look .... there's no point listening to Yams, they diss East Mains because its out of town and yet fail to acknowledge that they train at a facility they don't own and could be punted from at any time ..... at least Hibs don't have to wait for the janny to turn up with the keys before we start training :faf:

They actually believe Saint Budge when she says the new PBS main stand isn't on two decks and there are no corporate facilities facing the pitch because 'these things are old hat and clubs are moving away from such things' and besides they want the experience of corporate guests to be sitting in the stand taking in the Asbestos Arena's 'unique' atmosphere.

Erm ...... Perhaps they should tell Liverpool who have two levels of indoor viewing areas in their ultra modern new three deck stand, in a stadium renowned for its atmosphere and Tottenham Hotspur who are spending 400 million quid building one of Europe's finest and most ultra modern state of the art stadiums ...... it will be truly magnificent and will include 'unbelievably' oodles of indoor corporate areas on three sides of the stadium where you can watch the game from behind glass ...... If only these lesser clubs had consulted the Yams about the new modern trends before squandering millions building out of date stadiums :faf:

Hertz of Midlothian FC ....... Polishing a turd since 1874 :lolyam:

Actually a wee edit is required here ...... this emoji for the original Hertz :lolrangers: and the one above for when they changed their colours :greengrin

soproni1
18-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Being in this division is bad for the status of the club. I think if we do fail to go up this season then we'll struggle to attract the sort of players that we have so far been able to bring in over the past three seasons. We are also losing a lot of money in revenue. Also games against those Premiership sides you mention won't result in the opposition spending 80% of the game camped in their own half, playing with one guy up front and hoping to get a goal from a corner with their only shot on target after 86 minutes.

I am bored stiff of watching teams home and away adopting the above tactics in every single match against us in this league. There is absolutely no attempt at playing football a lot of the time and you can't blame them as they clearly have inferior players but it makes for a very poor spectacle.

Absolutely. Every team comes with the same game plan against us every week. Thankfully this year we have learned to cope with it better. Can't wait to see the back of Falkirk and Houston. That playoff 1st leg haunts me to this day!!

hughio
19-01-2017, 09:48 AM

You deserve yer nookie for this post:aok:

Paisley Hibby
19-01-2017, 11:04 AM

Yes, you're right, I agree with all of that. I guess I just can't get mega enthusiastic at the thought of us playing in the Premier League either. That's because most of the clubs are no more attractive than those that we currently play and Celtic winning the league is a foregone conclusion each year. Somebody else said we should have a larger top league - I agree with that, at least we'd have a bit more variety. Playing each other club at least Three or Four times is crap.

By the way, I can't help thinking that with a couple of tweaks, what you say is probably exactly what most Celtic fans would say about their club playing in the Scottish Premier league!