PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ADDITIONAL CUP TICKETS SOLD OUT

RSS Bot
16-01-2017, 02:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7172)

Hermit Crab
16-01-2017, 04:06 PM
There are still a couple available online. Just checked.

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 04:16 PM
There are still a couple available online. Just checked.
is the reduced capacity 11 or 13k?

I thought we got 8k and Bonnyrigg 5k but also read capacity is 11k

Hermit Crab
16-01-2017, 04:18 PM

Thats correct.

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 04:19 PM

Wonder what crowd would have been at Easter Rd? Quite possibly a complete sell out with Bonnyrigg selling out South. Not being a league game there wouldn't be the same amount of season ticket no shows so possibly a new stadium record.......just a thought:greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Wonder what crowd would have been at Easter Rd? Quite possibly a complete sell out with Bonnyrigg selling out South. Not being a league game there wouldn't be the same amount of season ticket no shows so possibly a new stadium record.......just a thought:greengrin

Are you asking yourself that question? :confused:

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Are you asking yourself that question? :confused:
thinking out aloud. Just wondered what others thought......

Hermit Crab
16-01-2017, 04:29 PM
thinking out aloud. Just wondered what others thought......

FWIW I don't think we would have sold out at easter rd.

Ringothedog
16-01-2017, 04:37 PM
FWIW I don't think we would have sold out at easter rd.I agree, no chance we would have sold out, 15k maximum at those prices.

northstandhibby
16-01-2017, 04:39 PM

Probably anything around 8-12 000 depending on weather as per number of walk ups attending as cash gates would surely have been open, which would have been a decent crowd in any case.

Glory Glory

hibby6270
16-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Agree wth this.
We only sold around 6K to around 11300 ST holders and the general sale of 2K wasn't exactly an instant sellout, so likely we would have struggled to sell a total of 16K at ER.

All hypothetical of course as there was no way the game could be played at ER unless of course we had been drawn out the hat first. That might have had a psychological impact mind you. Home tie against a so called lesser team as the first game in defence of the cup - but - still not convinced it would have led to a sell out. We'll never know.:greengrin

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Probably anything around 8-12 000 depending on weather as per number of walk ups attending as cash gates would surely have been open, which would have been a decent crowd in any case.

Glory Glory
So assuming Bonnyrigg who sold out 5k tickets within hours couldn't shift more at Easter Rd, Hibs would also attract less fans at home than at Tynecastle?

northstandhibby
16-01-2017, 04:58 PM
So assuming Bonnyrigg who sold out 5k tickets within hours couldn't shift more at Easter Rd, Hibs would also attract less fans at home than at Tynecastle?

I really don't know. I don't think there would have been as big a rush to buy tickets had it been at ER with its far bigger capacity than Swiney with the main stand closed off.

Tbf if it had been say 12 000 at ER still would have been a decent crowd against Bonnyrigg Rose.

Don't think it would have been close to a sell out though.

Glory Glory

Pete
16-01-2017, 05:11 PM
There would probably be a lot more people in the Bonnyrigg end if it were at Easter Road.

When I say "people", I mean that creepy new breed of young Hearts fans who are obsessed with turning up at our home cup games.

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 05:15 PM
There would probably be a lot more people in the Bonnyrigg end if it were at Easter Road.

When I say "people", I mean that creepy new breed of young Hearts fans who are obsessed with turning up at our home cup games.
They would only get the South which holds less than the 5k they got at Tynecastle though
If we get through and get a home tie I think we will get a very large crowd as another chance for a celebration and with the huge resurgence in interest in Hibs this season

sbell1875
16-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Gutted there's no more tickets for the game on Saturday.

houstonhibbee
16-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Gutted there's no more tickets for the game on Saturday.
you can only use one:greengrin

southern hibby
17-01-2017, 05:05 AM
Been winding jambo's up saying Hertz have only stopped the death trap stand from being opened cause they were dreading the thought of Hibs Bonnyrigg Rose being a full house like Hibs St Johnstone last time
Round.
Also saying to them that they're being yet again under handed because they get the same amount of money whether stands open or not and are scared that Bonnyrigg will be challenging them in 5 years so don't want to give them any extra funds. Reply was that's cause you'll not be challenging us. My reply was in 5 years time you'll be paying back a stand that will be a noose round your footballing budget, we'll be up there with Aberdeen for second to fourth spot and you'll be scared to play in derbies yet again.

It really is fun how they bite so easily.

GGTTH

Juice-Terry
17-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Is your primary mission on this forum to be negative about our ticket sales/attendances? :agree:

JimBHibees
17-01-2017, 09:41 AM

Not so sure the away team would have sold out the end and more Hibs fans would go to ER than the PBS. First game of cup defence every chance we would have sold out especially given the amazing crowd v United on a Friday night live on TV.

NAE NOOKIE
17-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Not so sure the away team would have sold out the end and more Hibs fans would go to ER than the PBS. First game of cup defence every chance we would have sold out especially given the amazing crowd v United on a Friday night live on TV.

Even so I doubt we would have sold out, there's no doubt in my mind that the tie being at the Asbestos Arena has given it a novelty value, a lot of Hibbies, myself included ( though I don't have a ticket ) will no doubt be amused enough by the irony of starting our defence of the cup at the scene of our glorious comeback last season to want to be there, irrespective of the opposition.

Also with the Yams playing on the Sunday and their ticket allocation for Raith Rovers being limited to 3 or 4 thousand I've no doubt that a good few of the Bonnyrigg Rose allocation has been snapped up by puddle drinkers hoping to see an upset .... Bonnyrigg only has a population of 14 to 15 thousand, if all the tickets were bought by locals that's a hell of an effort by them.

scoopyboy
17-01-2017, 01:28 PM
They would only get the South which holds less than the 5k they got at Tynecastle though
If we get through and get a home tie I think we will get a very large crowd as another chance for a celebration and with the huge resurgence in interest in Hibs this season

If it was their "home" game they might have negotiated more than just the South, guess we will never know for sure.

BullsCloseHibs
17-01-2017, 08:32 PM

Aye, the ones who stand for the entire 90 up against the back wall of the lower South.