PDA

View Full Version : Youth cup game v celtic

Tamhere1875
16-01-2017, 12:28 PM
It seems Celtic are not happy with the dates that Hibs have given them and are looking to play the game on Monday the 23rd January The thing is ties are due to be played by the 22nd of January. Will Hibs give into them or will some one at Easter Road grow a pair and tell them that the game will be played on the 22nd at a venue that suits Hibs and not them or will they do what they did with the abandoned league game against the rangers and say nothing and give in to them.

Since90+2
16-01-2017, 12:32 PM
At the end of the day its only a day difference for a youth match , dont think phrases like "will some one at Easter Road grow a pair" and "say nothing and give in to them" are appropriate.

Both clubs will have their reasons for wanting it played on either day.

Billy Whizz
16-01-2017, 12:39 PM
It seems Celtic are not happy with the dates that Hibs have given them and are looking to play the game on Monday the 23rd January The thing is ties are due to be played by the 22nd of January. Will Hibs give into them or will some one at Easter Road grow a pair and tell them that the game will be played on the 22nd at a venue that suits Hibs and not them or will they do what they did with the abandoned league game against the rangers and say nothing and give in to them.

Tam, wonder if Celtic are intending involving a few of their youth team players in the squad, against Albion Rovers on the 22nd

Typical SFA, organising Youth Cup 1/4 final tie's on the same weekend Scottish Cup ties

Tamhere1875
16-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Rules are rules if it had have been the other way round I bet Celtic would be kicking up s stink about it. As for it just being a youth game try telling the laddies who play in the development team that.

matty_f
16-01-2017, 12:41 PM
I think we've had a fairly good relationship with Celtc recently, they loaned us Stokes who was a big part of us winning the Scottish Cup, and they've given us Commons this season.

I'd think the club would put pragmatism ahead of pettiness, to be honest.

andrew70
16-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Tam, wonder if Celtic are intending involving a few of their youth team players in the squad, against Albion Rovers on the 22nd

Typical SFA, organising Youth Cup 1/4 final tie's on the same weekend Scottish Cup ties

I think this may be the reason but was our Dev team game against them, in early January, also postponed at the request of Celtic?

Was that due to their trip to Dubai or was there no reason given?

Billy Whizz
16-01-2017, 12:49 PM
I think this may be the reason but was our Dev team game against them, in early January, also postponed at the request of Celtic?

Was that due to their trip to Dubai or was there no reason given?

Frozen pitch

Since90+2
16-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Rules are rules if it had have been the other way round I bet Celtic would be kicking up s stink about it. As for it just being a youth game try telling the laddies who play in the development team that.

What difference would it make to the laddies in the development team if it's played on the 22nd or 23rd?

Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

Geo_1875
16-01-2017, 01:04 PM
What difference would it make to the laddies in the development team if it's played on the 22nd or 23rd?

I'm sure there would be a better crowd if the game is played on Sunday.

Tamhere1875
16-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Game was called off due to a frozen pitch at Lennoxtown

andrew70
16-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Frozen pitch

Cheers, wasn't aware of that.

Brooster
16-01-2017, 01:53 PM

None I suppose but if the rules state it should be played by the 22nd then it really should be played by the 22nd whether Celtic like it or not.