PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

Tom Hart RIP
15-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Just watched Neil Lennon after match interview. He said Paul's been having problems with his pelvis for 4-5 weeks and shouldn't have played on Falkirk plastic pitch. He said hat Paul will be rested next week and hopes to have him back for Ayr game.

greenlex
15-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Part of the best defence in Britain. Quicker he's back the better. Having said that a mother clean sheet yesterday without him

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Been tremendous all season, especially against Utd last time out ........ I have full confidence in Fontaine to fill in for him, but the sooner he is back the better.

Allant1981
15-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Part of the best defence in Britain. Quicker he's back the better. Having said that a mother clean sheet yesterday without him

he is a good player but not a million miles better than fontaine so we should be ok

CMurdoch
15-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Hope he is not brought back until injury has properly cleared.

Would even be inclined to give him an extra weeks rest, on that mentioned above, by leaving him out against Ayr where he shouldn't be required.

Could be an important player for Hibs for years to come so don't want to break him by playing him when injured.

ACLeith
15-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Apart from the Utd game I didn't think he had been at his best the last few games, maybe this explains why.

Tom Hart RIP
15-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Sorry I got my games mixed up. NL hopes to have him back for QotS game. I thought we had Ayr next in league.

ACLeith
15-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Sorry I got my games mixed up. NL hopes to have him back for QotS game. I thought we had Ayr next in league.

Think Ayr might be the right call. QOS plastic pitch

CMurdoch
15-01-2017, 04:09 PM

No prob, I didn't check before posting.
Would like to have had him against QOS given their ability up front but the plastic pitch is an issue.

Monts
15-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Am I right in saying Fontaine has an issue with plastic pitches too? Sure I remember that from last season.

CMurdoch
15-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Am I right in saying Fontaine has an issue with plastic pitches too? Sure I remember that from last season.

Probably not good for older player but if you play for those teams you can hardly sit out every second game. QOS have a few older pro's including 34 year old Stephen Dobbie and 35 year old Derek Lyle. Presume they play the home games.

Cat Stanton
15-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Just watched Neil Lennon after match interview. He said Paul's been having problems with his pelvis for 4-5 weeks and shouldn't have played on Falkirk plastic pitch. He said hat Paul will be rested next week and hopes to have him back for Ayr game.

Any word on why McGeough was missing yesterday?

Sorry if covered on another thread - I couldn't see it.

hibby6270
15-01-2017, 07:45 PM

It was mentioned somewhere on another thread that the pitch at Dumbarton wouldn't suit him given his proneness to injury. Just a precaution? Not sure if that was true or not. Certainly no other mentions that he's injured again.

Cat Stanton
15-01-2017, 08:05 PM
It was mentioned somewhere on another thread that the pitch at Dumbarton wouldn't suit him given his proneness to injury. Just a precaution? Not sure if that was true or not. Certainly no other mentions that he's injured again.

Thanks

brianmc
15-01-2017, 08:16 PM
he is a good player but not a million miles better than fontaine so we should be ok

Your comment appears to have 'slipped under the radar' of most on here mate.
Whilst I agree with your initial observation I still have to pass comment.
A million miles is a hard analogy to justify/top , whatever.
What I would say is this: Hanlon is 10 times the player Fontaine is.
Whilst I do genuinely like Fontaine as a player, comparing him to Hanlon is a bit like saying Cummings has a good left peg and so has that messi guy..... But it's no really like for like eh

Allant1981
15-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Your comment appears to have 'slipped under the radar' of most on here mate.
Whilst I agree with your initial observation I still have to pass comment.
A million miles is a hard analogy to justify/top , whatever.
What I would say is this: Hanlon is 10 times the player Fontaine is.
Whilst I do genuinely like Fontaine as a player, comparing him to Hanlon is a bit like saying Cummings has a good left peg and so has that messi guy..... But it's no really like for like eh

hanlon is no where near 10 times the player fontaine is but he is a better player which is pretty much what i said, i also didnt compare the 2 as they are different types of players, not sure what your post is all about to be honest

inglisavhibs
15-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Z
hanlon is no where near 10 times the player fontaine is but he is a better player which is pretty much what i said, i also didnt compare the 2 as they are different types of players, not sure what your post is all about to be honest
What's clear is that Paul is our best defender and we will miss him while he is out. Pelvic injuries are notoriously difficult to treat and can be slow to heal so predicting a comeback date is a bit of a lottery.

Allant1981
15-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Z
What's clear is that Paul is our best defender and we will miss him while he is out. Pelvic injuries are notoriously difficult to treat and can be slow to heal so predicting a comeback date is a bit of a lottery.

well thats a matter of opinion but now what this thread is about, all i said was fontaine isnt that far behind and we should be ok, not sure what the problem is with that

ACLeith
15-01-2017, 09:27 PM
IMO Paul is much the better distributor from defence between the 3 of them. I was surprised to see Fraser Fyvie straight into the team but then when PH was missing I thought that maybe this was done to compensate for that. Whatever the reason it all worked out OK, onwards to the title

CMurdoch
15-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Z

That sounds ominous

inglisavhibs
15-01-2017, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;4909007]That sounds ominous[/QUOTE Hopefully not! Fingers crossed he can return soon.

Borderhibbie76
16-01-2017, 08:03 AM

EEN match report said he had taken a knock in training??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brooster
16-01-2017, 08:11 AM
EEN match report said he had taken a knock in training??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Balderdash.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Balderdash.

Is he out injured as well? FFS another new signing injured straightaway.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Would agree that Paul is the best in terms of distribution from the back but as defenders, i'm comfortable in a game playing any 2 out of the 3 and as has been mentioned, having FF back who is the key link between the defence and attack losing the best distributor from the back line is not a massive loss (providing its only short term)

We're in a fortunate poisition at the moment in terms of upcoming fixtures. Any player that is less than 100% should be rested for Saturday (unless in FF/SJM cases where we are getting them back up to match sharpness) then with QOTS away which is a tough game, we can still cope without DM and PH. After that it's Ayr at home so another game where we should be looking to take full points without taking things for granted of course. that gives us 3 weeks where we can rest a couple of players and get the squad at full strength ahead of the run in

Brooster
16-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Is he out injured as well? FFS another new signing injured straightaway.

I was talking about Hanlon. I now realise the poster might have been talking about McGeoch. Apologies for any confussion.