PDA

View Full Version : Moneybags city.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Getting stuffed again, 3-0 Everton, Guardiola getting found out a little. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Good to see.

I wonder what PissedAll Pete will have to say.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Defence and goalkeeper are a shambles. Be interesting to see what odds you'd have got on United finishing above them at the start of the season and what they are now.

jonty
15-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Getting stuffed again, 3-0 Everton, Guardiola getting found out a little. :greengrin

@4.20 it was a nice little addition to todays accy :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2017, 02:18 PM
They've been ragdolled today. Pep is really feeling the pressure; the EPL is so much more competitive than what he's accustomed to, and there are no easy games. If City don't qualify for the Champions League, he'll be punted in disgrace.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Fourth goal sums Citeh up today.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2017, 02:23 PM
that's a bit of a thumping 4-0

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 02:24 PM
There's always been an argument about Pep's qualities as a manager given that the two clubs he has managed were both near enough head and shoulders above the competition when he inherited them with only Real Madrid being a threat to his management CV.

I suppose one season isn't enough to start saying he has been lucky in the past .... but so far its not looking good for him.

4 -0 ...... Up the Toffees :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-01-2017, 02:24 PM
A right good humping.

Well done the Toffees.

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2017, 02:26 PM
I genuinely think McGregor and Hanlon are better than John Stones.

Pumped them, nae luck $ity.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2017, 02:31 PM

Stones always strikes me as a player who plays the game like he thinks he should and can play it as opposed to the way his ability means he should actually be playing it.

He's nowhere near good enough to play football from the back the way he thinks he can. I remember years ago one of the City fans on here said they would never turn into United and waste £30M on players as 'bad as Nani and Anderson'. Seems they went one better when blowing in the region of £50M on that bombscare.

Hibernia&Alba

50 million John Stones. Incredible.

Wonder whether Pep will speak to the press. He had a mini-breakdown just a couple of weeks ago.

WoreTheGreen
Stones well done everton for getting the fee you got the most over rated laddie who thinks he is a star act .lot to learn son like being a defender

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Stones always strikes me as a player who plays the game like he thinks he should and can play it as opposed to the way his ability means he should actually be playing it.

He's nowhere near good enough to play football from the back the way he thinks he can. I remember years ago one of the City fans on here said they would never turn into United and waste £30M on players as 'bad as Nani and Anderson'. Seems they went one better when blowing in the region of £50M on that bombscare.I remember one of them saying City were going to leave United behind when they got Pep. Aint going so well :greengrin

sauzee=legend
15-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Pep..... overrated!!
One team league in Germany!
2 team league is Spain, but with messi and co - all he had to say is "give the ball to messi"
Goes to England where teams are more aggressive and his style doesn't work well. No plan B at all!

southsider
15-01-2017, 02:44 PM
I remember one of them saying City were doing to leave United behind when they got Pep. Aint going so well :greengrin

I Love Everton FC. Proper Football Club

O'Rourke3
15-01-2017, 02:47 PM

I'm waiting for Scouse to comment :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-01-2017, 02:48 PM

:agree: the People's Club. :greengrin

LustForLeith
15-01-2017, 02:56 PM

I reckon Joss Stone is better than John Stones.

GlesgaeHibby
15-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Pep..... overrated!!
One team league in Germany!
2 team league is Spain, but with messi and co - all he had to say is "give the ball to messi"
Goes to England where teams are more aggressive and his style doesn't work well. No plan B at all!

Been playing football manager on easy mode until coming to the premiership. Found out. Didn't help spending a fortune signing an average centre half and replacing a decent goalkeeper with a very poor goal keeper.

Big_Franck
15-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Terrible result for Man City and Guardiola now seems to be under real pressure at Man City. Having said that I think there are quite a lot of misinformed football fans in the UK jumping on the bandwagon and questioning his record and falsey (IMO) stating that he's had it easy in his career until now.

Guardiola didn't take over the Barcelona that we know now. Guardiola took over in the summer of 2008 with Barca in a mini crisis having finished 3rd in La Liga, 10 points behind Villarreal in second. From there he went on to create the best team in living memory.

When he took over Barca had won the league twice in 9 years. The team that he built and managed won the league in each of his first 3 seasons.

When he took over Barcelona they'd reached the Champions league final (and won it) once in 15 years. He won the Champions League twice in his four seasons at Barca.

Guardiola took over Bayern Munich when they'd just done the Bundesliga and Champions League double. However, they'd only won 3 of the last 7 Bundlesligas and Guardiola built a team that romped the league in each of his 3 seasons there.

It'll be interesting to see if Man City panic buy before the end of January as they need strengthened, particularly in defence.

Canon Hannan
15-01-2017, 04:06 PM
:agree: the People's Club. :greengrin

Real Liverpool club. Pool are like Man Utd. Don't know any Everton fans in Scotland but loads of Liverpool??! Why?

Fergos
15-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Sly Stone is a barry centre back tae

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Been playing football manager on easy mode until coming to the premiership. Found out. Didn't help spending a fortune signing an average centre half and replacing a decent goalkeeper with a very poor goal keeper.Football manager doesn't have a difficulty setting :greengrin

Wee Scottie Dug
15-01-2017, 04:11 PM
I can't think of a worse keeper in the EPL than Bravo, he doesn't make many saves, distribution woeful and not to clever on cross balls. They looked quite sluggish today as well going forward, all credit to Everton for the execution of a perfect game plan.

Lancs Harp
15-01-2017, 04:12 PM
City should have gone for Roy Race.

jacomo
15-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Been playing football manager on easy mode until coming to the premiership. Found out. Didn't help spending a fortune signing an average centre half and replacing a decent goalkeeper with a very poor goal keeper.

What annoys me most is this idea that Pep is being 'found out' because the EPL is a step above what he's used to.

The pressure at Barca is intense. You don't achieve what he did without being a great coach.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Real Liverpool club. Pool are like Man Utd. Don't know any Everton fans in Scotland but loads of Liverpool??! Why?

Because they'r too embarrassed to admit it so keep quiet.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm waiting for Scouse to comment :greengrin

Scouse is on a train missing all of the football!

chinaman
15-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Terrible result for Man City and Guardiola now seems to be under real pressure at Man City. Having said that I think there are quite a lot of misinformed football fans in the UK jumping on the bandwagon and questioning his record and falsey (IMO) stating that he's had it easy in his career until now.

Guardiola didn't take over the Barcelona that we know now. Guardiola took over in the summer of 2008 with Barca in a mini crisis having finished 3rd in La Liga, 10 points behind Villarreal in second. From there he went on to create the best team in living memory.

When he took over Barca had won the league twice in 9 years. The team that he built and managed won the league in each of his first 3 seasons.

When he took over Barcelona they'd reached the Champions league final (and won it) once in 15 years. He won the Champions League twice in his four seasons at Barca.

Guardiola took over Bayern Munich when they'd just done the Bundesliga and Champions League double. However, they'd only won 3 of the last 7 Bundlesligas and Guardiola built a team that romped the league in each of his 3 seasons there.

It'll be interesting to see if Man City panic buy before the end of January as they need strengthened, particularly in defence.
Excellent post . Guardiolas success is nothing if he flops in england. ****ing hilarious.
And moneybags city should give some of that money to the poor teams like chelsea and uber poor man u who never spend eh?

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 04:42 PM

Because they'r too embarrassed to admit it so keep quiet.

Oi ....... I wouldn't have the cheek to call myself an Everton 'fan' but I do have a soft spot for them and have been to see them a few times, one of the kids who goes to ER with us is a Toffee as well. In fact tidying out my car this afternoon I found an Everton scarf and a stick of Everton rock :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Oi ....... I wouldn't have the cheek to call myself an Everton 'fan' but I do have a soft spot for them and have been to see them a few times, one of the kids who goes to ER with us is a Toffee as well. In fact tidying out my car this afternoon I found an Everton scarf and a stick of Everton rock :greengrin

Make sure you get your car steam cleaned :-)

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Make sure you get your car steam cleaned :-)

My car is Blue as well ........ :na na:

Northernhibee
15-01-2017, 04:52 PM

John Stones is to football what Joss Stone is to... football.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2017, 05:00 PM

He's nowhere near good enough to play football from the back the way he thinks he can. I remember years ago one of the City fans on here said they would never turn into United and waste £30M on players as 'bad as Nani and Anderson'. Seems they went one better when blowing in the region of £50M on that bombscare.
Agree, stones is stones biggest fan I feel. He needs far too much time to do the Beckenbauer type stuff he tries and just isn't that great a defender or ball player.

Guardiola will be feeling the heat

There's always been an argument about Pep's qualities as a manager given that the two clubs he has managed were both near enough head and shoulders above the competition when he inherited them with only Real Madrid being a threat to his management CV.

I suppose one season isn't enough to start saying he has been lucky in the past .... but so far its not looking good for him.

4 -0 ...... Up the Toffees :greengrin

Haymaker
15-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Pep is a great coach - no question.

He has made some very questionable tactical decisions in his career.

He has worked previously with two of the best teams on the planet - interesting though that he has never appeared in a CL final without L. Messi in his team.

Man City are no where near the standard that Barcelona became or Bayern were. His job first and foremost is to clear out a good 75% of that city side.

emerald green
15-01-2017, 05:39 PM

Because Everton don't win things (at least not often enough) and hence they are not considered "fashionable" enough by the glory hunters.

Guaranteed if Everton were to win something you would start seeing people strolling along Princes Street wearing Everton shirts, many of them never having been near Goodison Park. Same as many folk who wear Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc shirts.

Lang Toun hibby
15-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Because Everton don't win things (at least not often enough) and hence they are not considered "fashionable" enough by the glory hunters.

Guaranteed if Everton were to win something you would start seeing people strolling along Princes Street wearing Everton shirts, many of them never having been near Goodison Park. Same as many folk who wear Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc shirts.

Everton fan here as my old Dad was from the right side of Liverpool. Been to see them a few times and Goodison is an atmospheric stadium. Prior to games they have a fanzone on the concourse with lots of activities something
Hibs could do with.

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 05:46 PM

Its true ....... I remember a few years back when Newcastle hit a purple patch and all you would see is their shirts around Galashiels ... lately its Chelsea and to a lesser extent Man City. Enough tae make ye puke.

brianmc
15-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Quality post Sir. Unfortunately most people don't let the facts get in the way of their irrational hatred. Quite what Guardiola did prior to his arrival in English football (apart from obviously blowing away the myth about the greatest league in the world......) that generated such a dislike from the masses is baffling to me.

emerald green
15-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Everton fan here as my old Dad was from the right side of Liverpool. Been to see them a few times and Goodison is an atmospheric stadium. Prior to games they have a fanzone on the concourse with lots of activities something
Hibs could do with.

I wasn't having a pop at genuine Everton supporters, just in case my post gets misunderstood.

I totally agree that Goodison is a terrific stadium as far as atmosphere goes.

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Goodison is a great example of an old school stadium and generates a top notch match atmosphere. However, it isn't big enough. Everton need more capacity, in order to kick on to the next level. It's a big club and could do with another fifteen thousand seats or so.

The Modfather
15-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Didn't see the game, and have seen Stones have a few poor games this season. However, not sure I'd want to play in that City defence as they're not set up to keep clean sheets and don't think they get much protection from the midfield.

BS44
15-01-2017, 06:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38628824

Smashing gesture from Everton

IWasThere2016
15-01-2017, 06:13 PM
That was dire viewing.

I was at the earlier City-Everton and City dominated and scraped a 1-1 draw after missing two pens and the Toffees' keeper had one of those days.

I'm also down there for the Derby., was really looking forward to it a few weeks back. Not so any more!

O'Rourke3
15-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Scouse is on a train missing all of the football!

Comment on Everton, not the game undeway. You are generally very supportive of the Toffees :greengrin

Big_Franck
15-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Quality post Sir. Unfortunately most people don't let the facts get in the way of their irrational hatred. Quite what Guardiola did prior to his arrival in English football (apart from obviously blowing away the myth about the greatest league in the world......) that generated such a dislike from the masses is baffling to me.

I don't really follow or watch much English football so i'm not sure if there is a hatred of him, maybe there is, maybe there isn't. What I've seen, as I said before, is some people jumping on the bandwagon and repeating the same digs at Guardiola every time Man City get beat.

I've found that a lot of the people that I hear writing off Guardiola are the same ones that proclaimed the German league as the best league in the world after Bayern and Dortmund both happened to make it to the final one year. Funnily enough the very same people then said within a year that it's easy for Guardiola at Bayern as the German league isn't great :greengrin Suppose it's just another example of the fickle nature of a lot of football fans.

Lago
15-01-2017, 06:30 PM

Dont think its Pep that the target so much as the club itself. Since it became the play thing of a mega rich gulf citizen they have disappeared up their own backsides.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Everton looked really good today and wasn't impressed by city. Can't remember them creating so few chances.

Some comments on here slating Stones and he did have a shocker. I think he'll grow in to a good defender though and he reminds me a but of Rio Ferdinand when he was young and sometimes overplayed things. He'll learn when to do this with experience and playing with quality players.

brianmc
15-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Dont think its Pep that the target so much as the club itself. Since it became the play thing of a mega rich gulf citizen they have disappeared up their own backsides.

That would be understandable to a certain extent - but what I was alluding to was the non stop abuse/digs against Guardiola from sections of the English press and the public they give the time of day to.
To clarify what I mean: I drive for a living. Because of this I spend a great deal of time listening to (English based)radio football programmes. And I can say with 100% certainty that Guardiola is looked on differently, and indeed looked down upon in ways that the other 'great' managers aren't.
Mourinho, Ancelotti,Conte etc all managed clubs that had far greater resources than their counterparts yet they aren't treated with the general contempt that Guardiola is.
Pep seems to be (at least by these stations and their callers) looked down upon as just some lucky no mark who managed a team that had messi in it - so his success doesn't really count???

The Captain....
15-01-2017, 07:43 PM
City loooked dire today. IMO they do not have the players to play the system Guardiola seems to insist they persist with. The defence looks shorn of confidence and you can feel their nervousness and anxiety as soon as teams start to press them high up the pitch. They seem to me to be creating a lot of their own problems in games.

will be interesting to see how it pans out - I get the feeling all is not well at City - Pep seems to be a very isolated and frustrated figure atm. I know he is an intense type but he almost looked like he was about to burst into tears today at times. I think he said recently that City will be his last managerial job so you'd think he'll stick it out a while yet but on the other hand he looks extremely unhappy.

brianmc
15-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Let me say straight off: I never saw today's game, so in no way would I try to comment on that.
But I have seen 'in the flesh' Guardiola's Barcelona team.
The way Pep works is this: he has a philosophy of how he wants his team to play - this is his unshakeable belief (rightly or wrongly) and he will buy, mould, develop his players to fit into this philosophy. Anyone who does not fit into his way of thinking will be dumped out on their ass regardless of past reputation/success/whatever. EG, Deco, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho etc etc

Pep never said he would come to England and skoosh the league as soon as he arrived - so I don't quite understand the mocking of him by the English press at this stage.... Unless it's just insecurity on their behalf?
After all, no English manager has EVER won their Premiership/Premier League.

Northernhibee
15-01-2017, 10:11 PM
For all Zlatan's done for Man Utd you have to look at some crucial career statistics:

Scottish cup victories:
Zlatan - 0
Lewis Stevenson - 1

Scottish League Cup victories:
Zlatan -0
Lewis Stevenson - 1

Goals scored in the Scottish Championship:
Zlatan - 0
Lewis Stevenson - 2

He's just not on the same level as wee Lewie.

ihibs7
15-01-2017, 10:37 PM
City are inconsistent rather than dire, but they need a resolution to their number 1 problem, Vincent kompany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haymaker
16-01-2017, 03:40 AM
Let me say straight off: I never saw today's game, so in no way would I try to comment on that.
But I have seen 'in the flesh' Guardiola's Barcelona team.
The way Pep works is this: he has a philosophy of how he wants his team to play - this is his unshakeable belief (rightly or wrongly) and he will buy, mould, develop his players to fit into this philosophy. Anyone who does not fit into his way of thinking will be dumped out on their ass regardless of past reputation/success/whatever. EG, Deco, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho etc etc

Pep never said he would come to England and skoosh the league as soon as he arrived - so I don't quite understand the mocking of him by the English press at this stage.... Unless it's just insecurity on their behalf?
After all, no English manager has EVER won their Premiership/Premier League.

So he does what any manager at a club does?

Pete
16-01-2017, 05:19 AM
So he does what any manager at a club does?

Not really. The more common template is for a manager to come in, get a briefing from the owners and keep the players in the squad that he can't get rid of happy until he can.

There's always going to be a period of pain when there's a progressive regime change at a club like City who can not only afford it but can also manage it well.

Football will win in the end with Pep in charge. No matter how the ignorant English press try and twist it, his philosophy works and I'm sure he'll never be in a position where his team will have to elbow and grapple their way to a draw at home against Liverpool when he's got it all up and running.

Pete
16-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Good to see.

I wonder what PissedAll Pete will have to say.

Not very happy with my English team.

Lost at Wimbledon after taking the lead. :-(

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Not really. The more common template is for a manager to come in, get a briefing from the owners and keep the players in the squad that he can't get rid of happy until he can.

There's always going to be a period of pain when there's a progressive regime change at a club like City who can not only afford it but can also manage it well.

Football will win in the end with Pep in charge. No matter how the ignorant English press try and twist it, his philosophy works and I'm sure he'll never be in a position where his team will have to elbow and grapple their way to a draw at home against Liverpool when he's got it all up and running.
He'll just pass his way to a draw instead.