PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Courtesy of SonsTV

https://youtu.be/1pQAKoDs8iU

H18 SFR
15-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Chick Young made it sound like we were getting obliterated during the second half on open all mics. Apart from the Gray header off the line and fat Nade's sitter, we looked comfortable. Yes they made a few chances but Laidlaw wasn't even tested you could argue.

Jim44
15-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Probably careful editing to make them look the team in control. They had about ten chances. I don't think we looked particularly convincing but a win is a win.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Boyle is so wasteful, that would have sealed the game.

Hi Heid Yin
15-01-2017, 02:35 PM
A tough venue and team to play, but their chances were half chances and our goalkeeper was not really tested. It's this kind of victory that is sometimes more satisfying - grinding out a result when the team is not firing on all cylinders. As an aside, I quite like their manager (Aitken) he comes across as honest and realistic and is always complimentary of our team.

brog
15-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Lewis Vaughan, MOTM for Sons. IIRC we were looking at him a while back then he had a bad injury. Could be worth another look now if he's getting back to his best but not in picture at Raith. Hibby as well I believe!

Greencore
15-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Lewis Vaughan, MOTM for Sons. IIRC we were looking at him a while back then he had a bad injury. Could be worth another look now if he's getting back to his best but not in picture at Raith. Hibby as well I believe!

Him and his family are big hibs fans. Was on our books when he was younger too.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2017, 03:58 PM
We were crap but ground out a result. Thats the encouraging thing.

basehibby
15-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Great performance from Scotland's top placed part time team - They made a lot of decent chances and if they'd got the rub of the green you couldn't begrudge them a point from that game.

But Hibees had a lot of chances as well and Commons put one away - that's what counts and I'm well happy with the win from what has proved a tricky venue for a lot of teams.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Great performance from Scotland's top placed part time team - They made a lot of decent chances and if they'd got the rub of the green you couldn't begrudge them a point from that game.

But Hibees had a lot of chances as well and Commons put one away - that's what counts and I'm well happy with the win from what has proved a tricky venue for a lot of teams.

I can only think of 2 clear cut chances we created. One was the goal and the other Boyle put wide.

AZhibee
15-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Chick Young made it sound like we were getting obliterated during the second half on open all mics. Apart from the Gray header off the line and fat Nade's sitter, we looked comfortable. Yes they made a few chances but Laidlaw wasn't even tested you could argue.

Sounded like Hibs were fortunate to not draw or worse on HibsTV (audio). Didn't sound like obliteration but didn't sound good, was expecting that equalizer at any second.

IWasThere2016
15-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Going by that, the better side lost. Notice they could only name 4 subs also.

Hi Heid Yin
15-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Going by that, the better side lost. Notice they could only name 4 subs also.

The better side did not lose. Whatever our failings were in the game, Dumbarton's were worse. The BBC stats indicate that we marginally deserved to win as we beat them in all the main categories.

CRAZYHIBBY
15-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Dumbarton are very good team

IWasThere2016
15-01-2017, 06:17 PM
The better side did not lose. Whatever our failings were in the game, Dumbarton's were worse. The BBC stats indicate that we marginally deserved to win as we beat them in all the main categories.

I did say 'going by that' :wink:

Famous Fiver
15-01-2017, 06:28 PM
According to the highlights I saw we had chances to put the game to bed so it was not as one sided as some on here are making out.

Their manager was very vocal afterwards but I would humbly ask him to look for the score in the paper tomorrow morning -
Dumbarton 0 Hibernian 1.

Good enough for me.

Hi Heid Yin
15-01-2017, 07:02 PM
I did say 'going by that' :wink:

:wink: No sweat

Northernhibee
15-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Dumbarton are very good team

They're very organised and on a bobbly narrow pitch that can be very difficult to beat. We've done well.

jgl07
16-01-2017, 07:49 AM
That was exactly the sort of match that Hibs would have lost last season.

They were beaten twice at Dumbarton and once at Alloa,

MB62
16-01-2017, 08:29 AM
That was exactly the sort of match that Hibs would have lost last season.

They were beaten twice at Dumbarton and once at Alloa,

According to the highlights I saw we had chances to put the game to bed so it was not as one sided as some on here are making out.

Their manager was very vocal afterwards but I would humbly ask him to look for the score in the paper tomorrow morning -
Dumbarton 0 Hibernian 1.

Good enough for me.

Good enough for me too. Another 13 scrappy 1-0 wins like that will be enough to see us up as Champions.

snooky
16-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Good enough for me too. Another 13 scrappy 1-0 wins like that will be enough to see us up as Champions.

While I think we would all agree a win is a win, we should be out of sight in these games. I find it worrying sometimes that we're not.

pacoluna
16-01-2017, 09:01 AM
While I think we would all agree a win is a win, we should be out of sight in these games. I find it worrying sometimes that we're not.
Your a glass half empty kind of guy i'm guessing?

MB62
16-01-2017, 09:54 AM

Don't disagree with you but our bottom line is winning enough games to get promotion. Dumbarton are not that bad a side, especially on their own patch under almost public park conditions. I reckon a few teams will struggle there and we have now done our stint

hughio
16-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Don't disagree with you but our bottom line is winning enough games to get promotion. Dumbarton are not that bad a side, especially on their own patch under almost public park conditions. I reckon a few teams will struggle there and we have now done our stint

:agree:
Brag alert:I spoke to NL immediately after the game.He was visibly exhausted."That was VERY tough" he said.
In post match interview he was highly complimentary of Dumbarton and their manager as I recall.
They really faught for everything and were not too short on skill either IMO especially no23.Part timers too remember so credit where its due (without intending to be patronising)
Thankfully we had enough about us to hold out.

Onwards and upwards.
:flag:

Deansy
16-01-2017, 10:46 AM
That looked really close at the end (11:40) where it seemed (from the angle shown) that Nade could've/should've scored ?.

allezsauzee
16-01-2017, 12:06 PM

I think your mistake here is placing any credence in that clown's opinion.

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2017, 12:12 PM
While I think we would all agree a win is a win, we should be out of sight in these games. I find it worrying sometimes that we're not.Why should we be out of sight in these games?

hughio
16-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Why should we be out of sight in these games?

Well perhaps he means that as a full-time club with a bigger squad /budget etc we could be expected to play with a bit more punch/imagination and at a higher tempo than we managed on Saturday?:dunno:

Heisenberg
16-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Dundee United and Falkirk have both gone there and lost. I'm delighted with a 1-0.

JimBHibees
16-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Dundee United and Falkirk have both gone there and lost. I'm delighted with a 1-0.

Agree totally and United losing there twice is the exact lead we have over them. Huge result on Saturday IMO.

hibs0666
16-01-2017, 01:01 PM

There is no point in worrying about good things that have already happened.

Rugy07
16-01-2017, 01:09 PM
I've just watched the highlights and the pitch is shocking. It looks like it was half frozen still. Even 10 yard passes were bobbling a couple of times before reaching their man. No players seemed particularly comfortable with the ball at their feet. I prefer grass pitches to astroturf, like most people, but I think an artificial surface would have been far better than that. Nade might have made contact on an artificial pitch mind you!

hibs0666
16-01-2017, 01:11 PM
I've just watched the highlights and the pitch is shocking. It looks like it was half frozen still. Even 10 yard passes were bobbling a couple of times before reaching their man. No players seemed particularly comfortable with the ball at their feet. I prefer grass pitches to astroturf, like most people, but I think an artificial surface would have been far better than that. Nade might have made contact on an artificial pitch mind you!

There is no danger that Nade's forkilft truck would have worked on that ploughed field.

Big_Franck
16-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Looks like David Gray made two goal saving interventions in that game. A challenge on their striker as he was clean through in the first half and then getting back to clear off the line with his head as the ball was dropping in at the back post in the second half. As someone else said above, we'd have lost that game under Stubbs. The wee blonde boy up front for Dumbarton looked decent in those highlights.

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Well perhaps he means that as a full-time club with a bigger squad /budget etc we could be expected to play with a bit more punch/imagination and at a higher tempo than we managed on Saturday?:dunno:Barcelona couldn't play football on that park. We're expected to win, we won, I'm delighted.

Sas_The_Hibby
16-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Looks like David Gray made two goal saving interventions in that game. A challenge on their striker as he was clean through in the first half and then getting back to clear off the line with his head as the ball was dropping in at the back post in the second half. As someone else said above, we'd have lost that game under Stubbs. The wee blonde boy up front for Dumbarton looked decent in those highlights.

Why would we have lost the game under Stubbs? Would David Gray not have bothered trying? We could just as easily have lost it under Lennon (and that's no criticism of him).

Robinho08
16-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Cracking sitter Nade missed. Editing made them look like they were in control for most of the game.

hibees 7062
16-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Cracking sitter Nade missed. Editing made them look like they were in control for most of the game.

Why was he in that position in the first place ?