PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Official Calendar 2017

joe breezy
15-01-2017, 10:31 AM
I just had this delivered.

There isn't a single Scottish Cup photo, or any happy photos whatsoever, just boring photos of Hibs players doing nothing. What a waste of money and what a missed opportunity.

Pretty pissed off at how terrible it is- you would think we hadn't won anything in 2016. I was hoping for some happy memories as I changed month to month. :confused:

BoomtownHibees
15-01-2017, 10:56 AM

There isn't a single Scottish Cup photo, or any happy photos whatsoever, just boring photos of Hibs players doing nothing. What a waste of money and what a missed opportunity.

Pretty pissed off at how terrible it is- you would think we hadn't won anything in 2016. I was hoping for some happy memories as I changed month to month. :confused:

First world problems

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 11:23 AM

Don't get me started ..... I have this complaint every year, the calendar is always the usual bland unimaginative rubbish. I want to see action shots of the players with a crowd in the background, IMO that's the least to be expected from a calendar showing professional footballers.

They have at least 4 months from July to the end of October to get the shots required with players in that seasons strip ... where a player hasn't featured in the first team in that time then a different shot is acceptable, but that's it IMO.

If this seasons calendar had featured a picture of Marvin Bartley leaning over the edge of an open topped bus holding the Scottish cup with thousands of fans in the background on Leith Walk who the hell would have complained about that? :greengrin

C'mon Hibs, get a grip on this.

joe breezy
15-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Don't get me started ..... I have this complaint every year, the calendar is always the usual bland unimaginative rubbish. I want to see action shots of the players with a crowd in the background, IMO that's the least to be expected from a calendar showing professional footballers.

They have at least 4 months from July to the end of October to get the shots required with players in that seasons strip ... where a player hasn't featured in the first team in that time then a different shot is acceptable, but that's it IMO.

If this seasons calendar had featured a picture of Marvin Bartley leaning over the edge of an open topped bus holding the Scottish cup with thousands of fans in the background on Leith Walk who the hell would have complained about that? :greengrin

C'mon Hibs, get a grip on this.

Now you say it, I do think I had the misfortune of having one of these calendars before - last year I was given a Hibs Retro one at Xmas, which was pretty good.
Damn shame. Have to wonder who makes these merchandising decisions. Need someone with a bit of imagination at the club. It's not too hard.

15-01-2017, 02:16 PM
The cup win was last season, I think they just try to keep it as up to date as possible. I do agree with what your saying though, given what happened in May was so special they really should have had some Scottish cup images.

Twiglet
15-01-2017, 02:25 PM
There is (or was if it's sold out) a desk top calendar which is all cup final images. If the main calendar was cup final images then our current manager and would have players who have gone in it and be missing current players so wouldn't be 2017 Hibs.