PDA

View Full Version : Josh Harrop (Greggs)

Heisenberg
15-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Man United youngster that we are apparently after. Seems to be a central midfielder.

Edinburgh Green
15-01-2017, 10:26 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/remember-name-josh-harrop-manchester-8507239 A couple of crackin goals here

ekhibee
15-01-2017, 10:56 AM
https://youtu.be/ncDTiLE274g

Looks a skillful player with very good close control. Was he on loan to Fiorentina? I'd be surprised if we even got him on loan but would be pleasantly surprised if we did.

Cocaine&Caviar
15-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Had a trial at Lowestoft Town during pre-season and wasnt taken forward. Take that for what you will...

Tobias Funke
15-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Had a trial at Lowestoft Town during pre-season and wasnt taken forward. Take that for what you will...

There could be a number of reasons why that wasn't taken forward and not necessarily because he wasn't good enough for Lowestoft Town which your post clearly insinuates. :rolleyes:

Cocaine&Caviar
15-01-2017, 11:34 AM
There could be a number of reasons why that wasn't taken forward and not necessarily because he wasn't good enough for Lowestoft Town which your post clearly insinuates. :rolleyes:

As much as anything, i was insinuating that he was having a trial at a club the size of Lowestoft Town (where i grew up). Google them, Gretna level.

hfc rd
15-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Pretty decent player. Seen him play a few times on MUTV for the U21's. Likes to get forward a lot and create chances.

I personally don't think he will make it at Utd as the likes of Goss and Tuanzebe are the two standout players in that team that Jose really likes and has high hopes for.

H18 SFR
15-01-2017, 02:26 PM
He looks like a decent young footballer. That will soon get kicked out of him by Houstons hackers and Loches loggers.

greenlex
15-01-2017, 02:36 PM
I'd rather we developed some of our kids to be honest.

MB62
15-01-2017, 02:52 PM
I'd rather we developed some of our kids to be honest.

If our own kids are good enough then fine, but if there is better elsewhere that we can sign, then I couldn't care less where they come from.

greenlex
15-01-2017, 02:59 PM
If our own kids are good enough then fine, but if there is better elsewhere that we can sign, then I couldn't care less where they come from.

I don't think this season is the time to be bringing in untried kids from down south. Particularly on loan. He'd need to be really special and if he was he wouldn't be going out on loan.
By our kids I'm meaning like Scott Martin who after a Man of the match(imo) at Falkirk hasn't kicked a ball since or even been on the bench. Presumably he would be further down the pecking order.

Andy74
15-01-2017, 03:06 PM
I don't think this season is the time to be bringing in untried kids from down south. Particularly on loan. He'd need to be really special and if he was he wouldn't be going out on loan.
By our kids I'm meaning like Scott Martin who after a Man of the match(imo) at Falkirk hasn't kicked a ball since or even been on the bench. Presumably he would be further down the pecking order.

As above don't really care too much where they come from or who they put further down the order. If players improve the squad then great.

You really think that Man U don't loan out players that are any good? There's quite some distance between the Man U team and ours.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2017, 03:17 PM
If they are good enough, i dont care how we got them.

greenlex
15-01-2017, 03:23 PM
As above don't really care too much where they come from or who they put further down the order. If players improve the squad then great.

You really think that Man U don't loan out players that are any good? There's quite some distance between the Man U team and ours.

What I'm saying is there is a huge difference in bringing in a loan player with experience where needed but not a kid with none. We shouldnt be developing a Man Utd kid rather than our own at any time never mind in the position we find ourselves. Maybe we should just be a feeder club for them and we could change our name to Man Utd colts or whatever. We could do away with our kids and take to developing English talent for them.

SanFranHibs
15-01-2017, 03:35 PM

They are top of the development league. Perhaps some of them will be wondering what more they need to do to get a chance. How else can they prove if they are good enough?

I actually find it a little worrying that we are not bringing youngsters through to the first team. And without wishing to cast Off The Ball as the Adelphi Oracle, co-incidentally 2 people just yesterday commented on our development squad being top of the league and we should bring some through.

I appreciate the actual position of Josh Harrop is a great factor. Maybe the biggest strength in our young lads is not in the midfield and of course any improvement to our squad is good.

I just find it a little worrying that our emerging talent is not emerging. Maybe that is better suited to a different thread.

BSEJVT
15-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Whilst I agree with the sentiment that its worrying that our emerging talent isn't emerging, I cant say that that this season of all seasons its a surprise.

It is absolutely promotion or bust for Neil Lennon and under such circumstances playing our youths unless they were exceptional or circumstances dictated was unlikely.

When you factor is that he has a large pool of experienced players he has and may have to rely on on occasion, this made it doubly so.

All of his signings have contributed to some greater or lesser extent and whilst I don't think we will sign this boy, if we do I will trust his judgement

Dibben
15-01-2017, 03:49 PM
I think that this season - as it stands - is not the time to blood youngsters just for the sake it if. We have a big squad that will surely be trimmed should we be promoted.

Hopefully these young lads will start to get a chance next season once we are back in the Premiership - there will be less pressure there for them to flourish (hopefully).

CMurdoch
15-01-2017, 03:53 PM
I find these player highlight reals a waste of time.
Can make even a pants player look good.

What I took from this one was that he was neat and tidy but didn't score any goals.
No use to us at the moment.

SloopJB
16-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Man United youngster that we are apparently after. Seems to be a central midfielder.

Any update on this?

Seems be flying under the radar bit.