PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBS CLUB TO HOST PERSEVERED TOUR ON SUNDAY

RSS Bot
14-01-2017, 08:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7167)

kenny.ff
15-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Just got back from this, good couple of hours out the house. What i will say thou is the guy that was doing most of the talking was as aragont a person ive ever met. Not while doing the talking but when trying to sort out the "que" for pictures.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Que?

hibee_girl
15-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Just got back from this, good couple of hours out the house. What i will say thou is the guy that was doing most of the talking was as aragont a person ive ever met. Not while doing the talking but when trying to sort out the "que" for pictures.

It was a bit of a shambles tbh but everyone will have went home happy with their photos and meeting Stevenson.

Saturday Boy
15-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Que?

Are you Manuel?

WoreTheGreen
15-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I think he drives a automatic

Itsnoteasy
15-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Absolute shambles. Went at 12.30 and was heaving so went back at 3 & the cup was away. Very poor organisation. You think after 250 ish trips with the cup they would have it down to a tee.

scoopyboy
15-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Absolute shambles. Went at 12.30 and was heaving so went back at 3 & the cup was away. Very poor organisation. You think after 250 ish trips with the cup they would have it down to a tee.

It's not down to Hibs, the organisation of the event lies with the people who booked it.

When East Lothian Hibs had ours it was at Preston Lodge Rugby Club, Hibs brought the cup along but it was up to us to arrange a timetable of events.

hibee_girl
15-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Thought it was meant to be there till 4?

I wanted a photo of Stevenson and the cup together but they didn't seem to be doing that today, not the end of the world.

kenny.ff
15-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Stevenson seems the most down to earth football player ive ever come across, no arogance or big headed attitude about the guy atall. Happy to have finaly got some pictures of me and the wee man with the cup.

Stantons Angel
15-01-2017, 05:08 PM

i really thing there is no need for personal insults on this subject at all!

I was there today from the start as where a few hundred adults and children. there was one queue from the bottom of the hall to the door at the top. with Lewis almost pinned in by a mass of people and bairns at the bottom.

What started the queuing problem was others coming in and and instead of standing in the queue, way at the back of the room, started their own queue on the other side of the room nearer the cup thinking they were getting there first.

This was causing the crush around the Cup and the persons responsible for the cup where concerned that with the pushing forward from both sides, either Lewis or the cup were going to get knocked over.

twice an announcement was made asking the crowd to stay back and twice no one listened. you were also asked to take the children upstairs for the party entertainment

from where i was sitting hardly anyone made a move which would have alleviated the pressure and allowed the kids a bit of room upstairs before the magician started.

i think a lot of what you experienced was frustration rather than arrogance.

Itsnoteasy
15-01-2017, 07:14 PM
i really thing there is no need for personal insults on this subject at all!

I was there today from the start as where a few hundred adults and children. there was one queue from the bottom of the hall to the door at the top. with Lewis almost pinned in by a mass of people and bairns at the bottom.

What started the queuing problem was others coming in and and instead of standing in the queue, way at the back of the room, started their own queue on the other side of the room nearer the cup thinking they were getting there first.

This was causing the crush around the Cup and the persons responsible for the cup where concerned that with the pushing forward from both sides, either Lewis or the cup were going to get knocked over.

twice an announcement was made asking the crowd to stay back and twice no one listened. you were also asked to take the children upstairs for the party entertainment

from where i was sitting hardly anyone made a move which would have alleviated the pressure and allowed the kids a bit of room upstairs before the magician started.

i think a lot of what you experienced was frustration rather than arrogance.

It wouldn't have been Warburton up the stairs then.

Itsnoteasy
15-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Thought it was meant to be there till 4?

I wanted a photo of Stevenson and the cup together but they didn't seem to be doing that today, not the end of the world.

It said 4 on the website. It was packed away b4 3.

Itsnoteasy
15-01-2017, 07:21 PM
It's not down to Hibs, the organisation of the event lies with the people who booked it.

When East Lothian Hibs had ours it was at Preston Lodge Rugby Club, Hibs brought the cup along but it was up to us to arrange a timetable of events.

What I will say is hats off to all who arranged all the events & to all the volunteers for making it possible. What are they going to call the tour this year.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2017, 07:27 PM
What I will say is hats off to all who arranged all the events & to all the volunteers for making it possible. What are they going to call the tour this year.

The 'Like buses Tour'.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-01-2017, 07:29 PM
I thought it was a great event, that the kids & adults alike really enjoyed.
Lewis was brilliant and happy to take his time with anyone who wanted a photo, autograph, and/or a chat, and was certainly still there after the advertised 1200-1400 slot. Inevitably a queue built up, but thats hardly a major issue, maybe we shouldn't bother winning cups then there won't be any repeat 'shambles' to suffer in the future :confused:

Itsnoteasy
15-01-2017, 07:40 PM
The 'Like buses Tour'.

That's good.