PDA

View Full Version : Another good win

CalgaryHibs
14-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Another good win today coupled with Arabs draw :)

Mon the HIBS

southsider
14-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Yip. Win ugly

iwasthere1972
14-01-2017, 06:30 PM
More points dropped by Dundee United and an away win for us makes for a good day at the office.

Mon the Hibees.

Nicho87
14-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Excellent result today. Hopefully wont be there again in a long time.

hibs#1
14-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Massive result.always think after a big win you need to follow it up with any sort of victory and that's what we did big well done too all invalved ggtth.

northstandhibby
14-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Yep like to add to the good vibes on getting another vital three points. Dumbarton's never an easy place to win. Bonus utd dropping two points at home.

:thumbsup:

Carheenlea
14-01-2017, 07:55 PM
The relief at full time was evident in the fact that the cheer for the full time whistle was louder than the cheer for the goal.

southsider
14-01-2017, 08:08 PM
NL was right nightmare of a ground. More atmosphere on the moon. Great win and our defence of SC starts next week. All for goals and glory.

Carheenlea
14-01-2017, 08:36 PM
NL was right nightmare of a ground. More atmosphere on the moon. Great win and our defence of SC starts next week. All for goals and glory.

:agree: Decent enough stand and catering facilities, but these grounds are no fun. Dreadful surface too.

http://i68.tinypic.com/28qzy1d.jpg

Hi Heid Yin
14-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Interesting BBC stats - despite our underperforming and "winning ugly" we still won all the categories - ie more shots, more shots on target, more possession (albeit marginally) more corners. That makes our victory all the more sweeter.

Radium
14-01-2017, 08:42 PM
:agree: Decent enough stand and catering facilities, but these grounds are no fun. Dreadful surface too.

http://i68.tinypic.com/28qzy1d.jpg

Couldn't believe it when I saw the 20cm deep hollow between the corner flag and the edge of the box ... surely not that hard to get a flat pitch. Take the win and move on.

Billychaotic182
14-01-2017, 08:53 PM
I can't be the only one who was nervous when Nade came on lol

PatHead
14-01-2017, 09:01 PM

Scared he would steal your pie?

--------
14-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Couldn't believe it when I saw the 20cm deep hollow between the corner flag and the edge of the box ... surely not that hard to get a flat pitch. Take the win and move on.

On a good pitch with wide boundaries, Humphries and Boyle will do us very well.

On a cow-pasture of a pitch as narrow as that one is, 1-0 with no major injuries and the Arabs dropping points is a very good day.

Well done the lads. :aok:

WoreTheGreen
14-01-2017, 09:29 PM
I once worked in a house rented by Nade bills bills and more more left unpaid. But fridge was empty not joking

Marco G
14-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Report said he missed near the end from a couple of yards out?........

So sounds like he is just as good as he ever was!!!

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2017, 10:33 PM
One to get out the road. Three points in the bag and United held at home. Let's look forward to progressing in the cup v Bonnyrigg and see what the January sales brings.

northstandhibby
14-01-2017, 10:41 PM
One to get out the road. Three points in the bag and United held at home. Let's look forward to progressing in the cup v Bonnyrigg and see what the January sales brings.

The Bonnyrigg game has come at a very good time for us. We're on a bit of a charge just now with the pressure having been relieved a good deal with our recent wins and dufc's demise of late.

Time to put on a bit of a show against Bonnyrigg and bag a few goals.

0-7 would do me and would ice cream the cake.

Glory Glory

green day
14-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Great wins - so, who predicted 9 points from Falkirk, Arabs, Sons, certainly not me!

Winning late, winning well, winning ugly - all different but each worth 3 points.

Great stuff, onwards to QoS, another toughie.

Nicho87
14-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Good minutes for fyvie and mcginn coming back. if anything id have preferred another league game as united are stumbling here. Keep the winless run going an all that.

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2017, 11:38 PM
The Bonnyrigg game has come at a very good time for us. We're on a bit of a charge just now with the pressure having been relieved a good deal with our recent wins and dufc's demise of late.

Time to put on a bit of a show against Bonnyrigg and bag a few goals.

0-7 would do me and would ice cream the cake.

Glory Glory

I'd settle for 6-0 with 30 mins left and serious ball retention to play out the fixture.

northstandhibby
14-01-2017, 11:45 PM
I'd settle for 6-0 with 30 mins left and serious ball retention to play out the fixture.

I like to get the job done and dusted myself but fair play to you DBS!!!

:greengrin

Glory Glory

Jim44
14-01-2017, 11:49 PM

Why settle for that Bob? If we've taken them to the cleaners with 30 minutes to go, I would pile the pressure on and score as many as possible...... double figures please. Remember, they are fighting their corner with the full support and encouragement of HOMFC whose supporters fancy us to bottle it and lose the game.

14-01-2017, 11:49 PM

The big felly loves a goal against us so yes I must admit I was a wee bit wary when he came on!

Wasn't at the game. By all account it was a hard fought win but at the end of the day thats how you win leagues. Sometimes you just have to grind them out. 3 points is 3 points whether it be a ground out 1 nil win or a stunning 10-0 win.

Jim44
14-01-2017, 11:58 PM
The big felly loves a goal against us so yes I must admit I was a wee bit wary when he came on!

Wasn't at the game. By all account it was a hard fought win but at the end of the day thats how you win leagues. Sometimes you just have to grind them out. 3 points is 3 points whether it be a ground out 1 nil win or a stunning 10-0 win.

Stunning 10-0 wins send out more threatening messages than 1-0 ugly wins. I'm not yet convinced that all the also rans in our league are in awe of us and fancy their chances in every game.

Carheenlea
15-01-2017, 08:50 AM

20 cm? You're being charitable Radium!
Chick Young and Neil Lennon were joking about it in the pre match interview, and the consensous was that the drop from corner flag to box has increased since the ground was built. For a new(ish) ground the playing surface is dreadful. Fair enough, they are part time and what not, but we have to be glad we are not back there this season. And hopefully never on league business again.

Carheenlea
15-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Interesting BBC stats - despite our underperforming and "winning ugly" we still won all the categories - ie more shots, more shots on target, more possession (albeit marginally) more corners. That makes our victory all the more sweeter.

It didn't feel like it I must say - but given the outcome at close of play, it might be one of the most important wins of the season. A sweet victory as you say.

GreenCastle
15-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Report said he missed near the end from a couple of yards out?........

So sounds like he is just as good as he ever was!!!

Was a tap in at back post but put it wide.

Cross had speed on it but he just had to angle foot but luckily did too much and it went wide.

Good win yesterday - seen worse teams this season and they had 2 or 3 really tricky attacking players.

Marco G
15-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Was a tap in at back post but put it wide.

Cross had speed on it but he just had to angle foot but luckily did too much and it went wide.

Good win yesterday - seen worse teams this season and they had 2 or 3 really tricky attacking players.
Glad you had a good day over West! Lennon was praising Dumbarton and their manager and it sounds like we did well to grind out a result. Thats what its all about, and thanks for describing the Nade miss for me!

wookie70
15-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Just watched the highlights and very little in the game yesterday if they are representative. Boyle could have had a hatrick and Nade's miss was as bad as described. I can't remember the last time a team had the ball in our box so often and had as many decent opportunities to score. Some fantastic last ditch blocks and tackles but worrying they got in the positions in the first place, The pitch didn't look too bad to me. Ball was rolling ok and it is way better than places like Alloa. Looks like we just had an off day perhaps due to running out in front of a full ER last week and then seeing a single stand on one side that holds the same as the FF lower this week. The performance looked pretty poor but the 3 points are vital.

I think the Rose game is at a good time. It will give us a break from league football and give time for Fyvie and McGinn to get their match fitness back. Also a good chance to come up with a team/shape if Commons is to leave so we are ready for the next league game.

GreenCastle
15-01-2017, 09:44 AM
I don't watch Dumbarton every week but would be interested to see how that compares for them. Could thehnplay better or were they are maximum.

You are right about dangerous areas though - for me it was lazy pressing from Hibs.

Press these teams and they make mistakes. Sit off and allow them time to launch balls into the box and you get asked questions.

We did have chances obviously but as others have said always after a big win it's important just to grind out the next 3 points.

Borderhibbie76
15-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Just watched the highlights and very little in the game yesterday if they are representative. Boyle could have had a hatrick and Nade's miss was as bad as described. I can't remember the last time a team had the ball in our box so often and had as many decent opportunities to score. Some fantastic last ditch blocks and tackles but worrying they got in the positions in the first place, The pitch didn't look too bad to me. Ball was rolling ok and it is way better than places like Alloa. Looks like we just had an off day perhaps due to running out in front of a full ER last week and then seeing a single stand on one side that holds the same as the FF lower this week. The performance looked pretty poor but the 3 points are vital.

I think the Rose game is at a good time. It will give us a break from league football and give time for Fyvie and McGinn to get their match fitness back. Also a good chance to come up with a team/shape if Commons is to leave so we are ready for the next league game.
The pitch was awful I was there yesterday and u won't see on the highlights the awful bounces and bobbles...not to mention the dip between corner flag and edge of box at river end of pitch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2017, 01:54 PM
I like to get the job done and dusted myself but fair play to you DBS!!!

:greengrin

Glory Glory

Okay you will 12-0 Hibs

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Why settle for that Bob? If we've taken them to the cleaners with 30 minutes to go, I would pile the pressure on and score as many as possible...... double figures please. Remember, they are fighting their corner with the full support and encouragement of HOMFC whose supporters fancy us to bottle it and lose the game.

Ok 13-0. Any advance?

Seveno
15-01-2017, 02:26 PM
It is the visits to Dumbarton that are beginning to define our season. We won on both visits and Dundee United lost both. For that alone, we have a six point gap.

wookie70
15-01-2017, 06:49 PM
The pitch was awful I was there yesterday and u won't see on the highlights the awful bounces and bobbles...not to mention the dip between corner flag and edge of box at river end of pitch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does the ball roll differently when it isn't being filmed for the highlights. Point taken about the dip but the only thing that would make much of a difference is the size of the pitch, as it is very small. From the highlights we dodged a bullet. I wasn't there so the editor may have fooled me but I was there the last time and we were very poor that day too. None of that matters of course as we got 6 points from 2 visits and hopefully we will only discuss Dumbarton's pitch when we play them in a cup competition.

Carheenlea
15-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Does the ball roll differently when it isn't being filmed for the highlights. Point taken about the dip but the only thing that would make much of a difference is the size of the pitch, as it is very small. From the highlights we dodged a bullet. I wasn't there so the editor may have fooled me but I was there the last time and we were very poor that day too. None of that matters of course as we got 6 points from 2 visits and hopefully we will only discuss Dumbarton's pitch when we play them in a cup competition.

I've not seen the highlights yet, but I endorse Borderhibbie76 remarks on the surface. The ball was bobbling about all the way through the game. The loud cheer that greeted full time was evidence of the relief that we had managed to win on what was a testing surface. I overheard a lot of fans near me commenting on the fiery pitch.