PDA

View Full Version : Thank God

My_Wife_Camille
14-01-2017, 05:10 PM
The last time we need to drag ourselves across to that absolute shambles of a football 'stadium', unless we get them in the cup.

Good riddance. Onwards and upwards :flag:

2016 Delivered
14-01-2017, 05:12 PM
The last time we need to drag ourselves across to that absolute shambles of a football 'stadium', unless we get them in the cup.

Bit Shan. They've done well for themselves.

Is It On....
14-01-2017, 05:13 PM

Boghead was a more accurate name.

BullsCloseHibs
14-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Bit Shan. They've done well for themselves.

Embarrassing football stadia though. I've seen better Spanish regional stadiums, including Island clubs.

2016 Delivered
14-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Embarrassing football stadia though. I've seen better Spanish regional stadiums, including Island clubs.

It's not by any means close to being worst in the country. Unfortunately there's very little money in part time football.

BullsCloseHibs
14-01-2017, 05:32 PM
It's not by any means close to being worst in the country. Unfortunately there's very little money in part time football.

I think Cowdenbeath win that award. Hands down.

emerald green
14-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Atmosphere is non existent at grounds like the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium.

That's not meant to be disrespectful to Dumbarton FC. It's just a fact.

monktonharp
14-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Atmosphere is non existent at grounds like the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium.

That's not meant to be disrespectful to Dumbarton FC. It's just a fact.they should change it to the Lower Attendance Stadium. could they not open up the other side and put second hand park benches in, to let more away fans see the game?

lord bunberry
14-01-2017, 06:11 PM
they should change it to the Lower Attendance Stadium. could they not open up the other side and put second hand park benches in, to let more away fans see the game?

They could just let people stand.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:20 PM
they should change it to the Lower Attendance Stadium. could they not open up the other side and put second hand park benches in, to let more away fans see the game?
won't matter after this season.........

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2017, 06:25 PM
No disrespect to Dumbarton, they do what they can with what they have I suppose, but after playing in front of over 18,000 fans last Friday it must be a bit surreal for the players to run out in front of 1000 in what is one step up from a public park, I genuinely think that is why Hibs tend to find it hard going there.

I don't see why the likes of Dumbarton cant invest in some standing terracing around their ground, at least then it would look like a professional football ground and not a public park with a stand plonked down on it ...... The other thing is that in the last 3 seasons Dumbarton have had 6 visits from Hibs, 4 visits from The Rangers and 2 visits from the Yams, if they had invested in enough standing terracing to accommodate the large travelling supports these teams bring how much would they have made? .... or put another way, how much money have they lost by not doing so? ..... if they had been able to accommodate another 1000 fans per game in these fixtures paying an average of £15 a ticket they would have made £180,000 a fortune for a club like Dumbarton.

As the OP says, hopefully it will be a long time before we ever have to go back there.