PDA

View Full Version : State Of Pitch At Tynecastle Next Week

LustForLeith
14-01-2017, 11:19 AM
With a few games called off this week in Scotland due to the weather, I was wonder whose responsible for the pitch before next week's Scotish Cup game at Tynie? Is there a cost in running under soil heating? Wasn't it Livi that used to forget to switch it on to save cash?

seanshow
14-01-2017, 11:31 AM
..funnily enough Livvy's game is off today due to a frozen pitch. Hopefully tynecastle doesn't mysteriously become the only flooded pitch in britan again next week ;)

Thecat23
14-01-2017, 11:34 AM
..funnily enough Livvy's game is off today due to a frozen pitch. Hopefully tynecastle doesn't mysteriously become the only flooded pitch in britan again next week ;)

Still makes me laugh that. What's even funnier some on here we're actually defending them saying we were just paranoid. They cheated like they always do.

14-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Still makes me laugh that. What's even funnier some on here we're actually defending them saying we were just paranoid. They cheated like they always do.

and EVEN funnier than that, we still beat them :)

Nae luck ya fannies. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

greenlex
14-01-2017, 12:20 PM
IIRC the sum of 100k a year to maintain and run Livingstons under soil heating. When they dropped out the top flight and there wasn't a requirement fir it they made the decision to save that sum.
I don't think Livingston didn't ever forget to turn it on and folks are getting mixed up with Motherwell.

danhibees1875
14-01-2017, 12:22 PM
and EVEN funnier than that, we still beat them :)

Nae luck ya fannies. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Was that prior to the replay last year? I only vaguely remember the story...

LustForLeith
14-01-2017, 12:31 PM
IIRC the sum of 100k a year to maintain and run Livingstons under soil heating. When they dropped out the top flight and there wasn't a requirement fir it they made the decision to save that sum.
I don't think Livingston didn't ever forget to turn it on and folks are getting mixed up with Motherwell.

I always thought Livi did forget to put it on when they were in adminstration to keep the costs down?Or did they have a game with Hearts called off because it didn't work?

14-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Yea. Wanted the week before off to avoid injuries etc. Conveniently the only pitch in the UK that was unplayable, what are the chances eh :rolleyes:

Cheating is just ingrained into their nature.

Dibben
14-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Yea. Wanted the week before off to avoid injuries etc. Conveniently the only pitch in the UK that was unplayable, what are the chances eh :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Wonder how that worked out for them???

Jack Hackett
14-01-2017, 12:54 PM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?307476-Hearts-game-OFF-(v-Partick-13-02-2016)

(http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?307476-Hearts-game-OFF-(v-Partick-13-02-2016)/page7)

danhibees1875
14-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Fantastic. It's all the little stories like this that add together for our overall cup story that make it so brilliant.

Unlucky lads. 😊

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
14-01-2017, 12:58 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?307476-Hearts-game-OFF-(v-Partick-13-02-2016)

(http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?307476-Hearts-game-OFF-(v-Partick-13-02-2016)/page7)

...takes you to page 7 of an 11 page thread for some reason :confused:

14-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Fantastic. It's all the little stories like this that add together for our overall cup story that make it so brilliant.

Unlucky lads. 😊

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Exactly. It makes the "this is their cup final after all" comment on the keekback replay match thread even funnier :greengrin

Big team my arse :faf:

greenlex
14-01-2017, 01:37 PM
I always thought Livi did forget to put it on when they were in adminstration to keep the costs down?Or did they have a game with Hearts called off because it didn't work?

Not sure. Was the game in the then spl or a couple of years ago in the championship?

ian omand
14-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Have Bonnyrigg been allowed to familiarise themselves with the pitch, stadium
Prior to our game on 22nd sorry 21st?
If so have the yams charged them for the privilege?

lucky
14-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Who cares, BR could move into the PBS and it will make no difference as we hump them.

Itsnoteasy
14-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Its no HMFC that decide a pitch is unplayable its the ref. Was CT the ref that day.

hibbysam
14-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Its no HMFC that decide a pitch is unplayable its the ref. Was CT the ref that day.

It's not difficult to make a pitch unplayable however.

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the pitch at the PBS isn't in the best of condition, its always difficult to keep a good pitch in these huge stadiums. Whatever the case Bonnyrigg will know how to battle and with a good support and a ton of Yams in their side will be determined to make life as tough as possible for us ...... the fact that the game is being played on a postage stamp will help their defence as well. Taking the game back to ER would be a huge deal for them financially, that means a draw would be just as big a deal for them as a victory would.

I'm not bothered about talk of humpings and all that, a 1 - 0 win from a scrappy goal is as good as 10 - 0 in a cup tie.

Libby Hibby
14-01-2017, 06:15 PM

No, they haven't and don't expect to see Tynie prior to next Saturday.

They are staying overnight at a top hotel on the Friday, booked into their usual pre match destination for a bite to eat on the Saturday before travelling on to Tynie.

And who can blame them, massive game, massive week and build up for them to look forward to.

I really hope they enjoy the experience playing the Scottish Cup holders but a Hibs victory is nothing surer and it'll just be a matter of how much IMO.

Billy Whizz
14-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Weather is a bit warmer in the coming week, pitch should be fine

Famous Fiver
14-01-2017, 07:20 PM
George Best stayed in a top hotel the night before a big match and see what happened then...........................

Itsnoteasy
14-01-2017, 09:06 PM
It's not difficult to make a pitch unplayable however.

That's true.

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2017, 10:35 PM
I'm pretty sure the pitch at the PBS isn't in the best of condition, its always difficult to keep a good pitch in these huge stadiums. Whatever the case Bonnyrigg will know how to battle and with a good support and a ton of Yams in their side will be determined to make life as tough as possible for us ...... the fact that the game is being played on a postage stamp will help their defence as well. Taking the game back to ER would be a huge deal for them financially, that means a draw would be just as big a deal for them as a victory would.

I'm not bothered about talk of humpings and all that, a 1 - 0 win from a scrappy goal is as good as 10 - 0 in a cup tie.

No, after watching that game today I'm more convinced than ever that 10-0 is better.

gringojoe
14-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Not a lot of football has been played on the pitch, nothing new for the PBS.