PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to get on the pitch today ??

eastcoasthibby
14-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Heading to Dumbarton today, I have no idea what to expect from us on the park , for a few reasons
1) we have a very good squad available to choose from.
2) the pitch and conditions make every game there difficult to play on,
3) NL has made some surprise team selections in games and for me this is no different .
4) will we go for the jugular from the start with a high intensity style or be patient ? Or what ?
5) what will be the players attitudes be like, will they be up for it or think the UTD result is a job done ?
6) How many woeful decisions will the referee make that adversely impact on us ?

The above is not aimed to be negative at all, its just what's going through my head in the lead up to a really important game. it's this type of game that can define whether or not we will win this league and yes, there is a long way to go but our last game set out our potential, now we need to back it up. It's these scenarios previously that we have fallen short ..thoughts folks !!!

mutley
14-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Ever game is an important one, 4 points is not a big enough comfort blanket. We still should be going for 3 points and hoping Utd continue to drop some. There should be no complacency until the league is mathematically won.
I don't care about record number of points or how quickly it's won as long as we are top with auto promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2017, 09:01 AM
3 points, nothing else matters. Fight, kick, cheat whatever. Just bloody win.

JimBHibees
14-01-2017, 09:04 AM
3 points, nothing else matters. Fight, kick, cheat whatever. Just bloody win.

Agree win is all that matters. Think we will make a statement 3 or 4.

Weather looks ok, cold though dry and little wind.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Expecting a bit of a battle today but we should win by a couple if the momentum from the Dundee Utd win is there. Attacking down the wings and keeping the supply to Cummings going will be vital. 3-1 Hibs.

Ronniekirk
14-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Think thete wil be Frost on the Pitch Temperature wont be above. 4 Degrees

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-01-2017, 09:32 AM
We will get three points and a win. Repeat the same way that we put United away. High tempo from the get go.

Colr
14-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Heading to Dumbarton today, I have no idea what to expect from us on the park , for a few reasons
1) we have a very good squad available to choose from.
2) the pitch and conditions make every game there difficult to play on,
3) NL has made some surprise team selections in games and for me this is no different .
4) will we go for the jugular from the start with a high intensity style or be patient ? Or what ?
5) what will be the players attitudes be like, will they be up for it or think the UTD result is a job done ?
6) How many woeful decisions will the referee make that adversely impact on us ?

The above is not aimed to be negative at all, its just what's going through my head in the lead up to a really important game. it's this type of game that can define whether or not we will win this league and yes, there is a long way to go but our last game set out our potential, now we need to back it up. It's these scenarios previously that we have fallen short ..thoughts folks !!!
Is the pitch worse than their aptly named Boghead ground?

Steve20
14-01-2017, 09:37 AM
A win today. Nothing else will do.

H18 SFR
14-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Predicted the score the last time there correctly and I'm going for the same again, a very hard fought 1-0 victory. Cummings with the goal.

Tyler Durden
14-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Hopefully same team or McGinn starting the only change.

Let's keep Holt and Graham as subs - although it's good to have target men as an option most defences would rather play against high balls than quick clever players we now have available

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Team bus just st about to leave the Marriott 👍🏻

hibs0666
14-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Think thete wil be Frost on the Pitch Temperature wont be above. 4 Degrees

No danger. It's a beautiful day, and the ground is soft.

northstandhibby
14-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Hopefully same team or McGinn starting the only change.

Let's keep Holt and Graham as subs - although it's good to have target men as an option most defences would rather play against high balls than quick clever players we now have available

Good point. Keep the ball on the deck, decent passing and using the wing play of Humphrey and Boyle with JC up front and and we should win this match. Not saying it's going to be easy as it never seems to be at Dumbarton. 0-2 for me with JC and Boyle on the score-sheet albeit any winning scoreline will suffice.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Billy Whizz
14-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Hibs just tweeted a photo of the pitch, looking in good nick