PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Friendly Pubs near Tynecastle and Surrounding locales!

BlackSheep
13-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone,

Despite living nearer to the Yams' stadium most of my life I am unaware of any Hibs friendly pubs to have a pint or two before the Bonnyrigg match...? Ones that will allow scarfs at the very least, i know a lot of venues don't like footie colours, regardless of which team it is.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

:greengrin

Keith_M
13-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Is Robertson's still open?

Since90+2
13-01-2017, 03:15 PM
The Roseburn will be absolutely rammed. If you're lucky if enough to get it will take a while to get served and dont expect to get a seat but the atmosphere is brilliant.

Further along the road the Murrayfield hotel will likely be busy with Hibs fans as well and will be abit quieter than the Roseburn. Its about a 25 minute walk back to Tynecastle though.

Never been in the Murrayfield Bar just along from the Roseburn but would imagine a few Hibs fans will be in there but I am not sure if they would allow colours.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Tynie Arms, used to have a Hibby owner I think.

Roseburn Bar

Murryfield Bar

The Station Tavern

Hermit Crab
13-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Never seen it open on non match days when I've driven past.

Smartie
13-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone,

Despite living nearer to the Yams' stadium most of my life I am unaware of any Hibs friendly pubs to have a pint or two before the Bonnyrigg match...? Ones that will allow scarfs at the very least, i know a lot of venues don't like footie colours, regardless of which team it is.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

You've got to be careful over that side of town.

If you buy a pint in the wrong hostelry, the mere act of handing over a crisp tenner to pay for your pint with a 5-fingered hand can land you in hot water.

And if you stop to ask any locals for directions to the nearest "watering hole", don't be surprised to see them point at the nearest puddle.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 03:18 PM
You've got to be careful over that side of town.

If you buy a pint in the wrong hostelry, the mere act of handing over a crisp tenner to pay for your pint with a 5-fingered hand can land you in hot water.

And if you stop to ask any locals for directions to the nearest "watering hole", don't be surprised to see them point at the nearest puddle.
I went into Stratties with the mrs and ordered a pint of lager and the barman asked what my sister was drinking.

Hibee87
13-01-2017, 03:24 PM
A wee bit of a walk but Diannes was bouncing before the St J game. 20p a game of pool and 2quid for Diannes own make lager (prob the skimming from the local brewery) was also easy enough to get served upstairs depite it being busy

NthCarolinaHibs
13-01-2017, 03:24 PM

It's up For Sale again...

iwasthere1972
13-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Diane's Pool Bar at Haymarket. A short ten minute walk to the hovel.

Pete
13-01-2017, 03:26 PM
The traditional hearts pubs will be full of hearts fans who are going to the game.

Best stick to the pubs we usually go to or have a pint up town.

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2017, 03:28 PM
They will all be Hibs pubs that Saturday.

Pete
13-01-2017, 03:29 PM
They will all be Hibs pubs that Saturday.

I'll see you in Luckies then. :-D

BlackSheep
13-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Diane's Pool Bar at Haymarket. A short ten minute walk to the hovel.

Thats more like a 10 minute run!!

BlackSheep
13-01-2017, 03:38 PM
The traditional hearts pubs will be full of hearts fans who are going to the game.

This is what I thought but seeing as I am in the neck of the woods already Im not keen on heading into town only to come all the way back to the game...

lugz
13-01-2017, 03:45 PM
It'll be the roseburn or murrayfield hotel for us depending on what time we start. If it's anything like it used to be unless you're queueing for the roseburn for opening you'll struggle to get in.

iwasthere1972
13-01-2017, 03:50 PM

There's only 5,000 Bonnyrigg Rose/Yams with tickets to see the game and not all of them will be pubbing it before the match. I can't honestly see Hearts fans who are not going to the match out in their numbers either as its not even on the tellybox.

The Hibs will own Gorgie and the surrounding areas. :flag:

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 03:52 PM

It's boarded up.

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

Try Carey Sample Rooms at Slateford, Polwarth Tavern or Mcgowans at Fountain Park

GRJ
13-01-2017, 03:59 PM
It's boarded up.

Diggers is run by a hibby.

Earlydelivery
13-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Diannes is normally full o hibs fans on derby day .

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Diggers is run by a hibby.

Didn't know that. Bet he likes listening to those moaning c*+×s every second week

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Diannes is normally full o hibs fans on derby day .

Also owned by a Hibby

Albanian Hibs
13-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Think we will be heading to Diane's that morning. Then jump on a bus along Gorgie to the PBS

kaimendhibs
13-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Platform 5 at Haymarket?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Everyone should meet in the brauhaus with the colours on and replica Scottish cups to get it right up that hearts ******* that owns it.

Stax
13-01-2017, 05:41 PM
The Golden rule in Yeaman place used to be a good wee bar. Used to be my local, not been in for a few years but there used to be a fair few Hibees used to drink in there.

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Everyone should meet in the brauhaus with the colours on and replica Scottish cups to get it right up that hearts ******* that owns it.

Is that the place where Rudi gets paid to pull the pints to raise money for Hertz fundz

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2017, 05:48 PM
I'll see you in Luckies then. :-D

Oh, I see, we're counting Luckies as a pub?

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Dickens Bar was mobbed before/after the Saints game, I was talking to one of the lassies behind the bar who said they were a bit apprehensive on the day of the game 'cos they have a fair bit of Hearts stuff on the walls (plenty impressive Scottish sport memorabilia too) but, It turned out that it had been a pleasure having us there and not having to deal with Jambos fighting amongst themselves at about 2200! Decent enough working mans pub that will have football and racing on the telly. Usually more Hibs than Jambos in the place unless they are playing at home.

PS Probably best not to ask for a tour of the jambo museum upstairs! :-)

The Ardmillan Hotel is very handy for the ground too.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Is that the place where Rudi gets paid to pull the pints to raise money for Hertz fundz
It is. Rudi the staunch Jambo who charges to help the club he loves. He also made them pay to fly his girlfriend over as well.

poolman
13-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Didn't know that. Bet he likes listening to those moaning c*+×s every second week

It's my local, I have really good banter with the Yams I know there, also, there is a few Hibby locals as well and we all have a good bit piss taking

Indeed Kevin who has the pub has the same banter with the local Yams

It's a really great pub but I keep well away on a yams home game

MartinfaePorty
13-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Ardmillan Hotel is ok and not too many people seem to know it's there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
13-01-2017, 08:30 PM
They'll all be rammed with Hibs fans. When we played St Johnstone in the semi last year, there was a lot of talk of the pubs not letting us in, I don't recall any doing so. I was in Dickens, a staunch Jambo bar. It was full of both sets of fans and the owner even put on some free sandwiches for us.

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 08:55 PM
They'll all be rammed with Hibs fans. When we played St Johnstone in the semi last year, there was a lot of talk of the pubs not letting us in, I don't recall any doing so. I was in Dickens, a staunch Jambo bar. It was full of both sets of fans and the owner even put on some free sandwiches for us.

It will be a banquet & a free bar this time to keep your mouths shut. 2 nil & they f@#&£d it up.

Leith's finest
13-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Wardens club foŕ me, wonder if bmc club will not let hibs fans in with colours on, another place that welcomes fans is gorgie mills bowling club

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Merchiston Hearts Club is handy for the dump. :-)

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Merchiston Hearts Club is handy for the dump. :-)

Went there for many cousins 50th a couple of years back. Asked DJ for Proclaimers his reply was cannae play that mate I'll get ma books. So half pished they got my own rendition of SOL.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2017, 09:57 PM
All the Proclaimers stuff was removed from the jukey in Dickens as the sight of SOL as most popular song was too much for the once a fortnight visitors! I believe most versions of Freed from Desire have been removed too.

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2017, 11:25 PM
The Paedophille Arms in Gorgie Road has a nice beer garden where you can leave the kids supervised by staff.

monktonharp
13-01-2017, 11:35 PM
had a few pints in a wee bowling club in behind the diggers when we played St J. think its Ardmillan b.c and was fine

JimBHibees
14-01-2017, 07:34 AM
The Paedophille Arms in Gorgie Road has a nice beer garden where you can leave the kids supervised by staff.

:not worth :wink:

BoomtownHibees
14-01-2017, 07:39 AM
The Roseburn will be absolutely rammed. If you're lucky if enough to get it will take a while to get served and dont expect to get a seat but the atmosphere is brilliant.

Further along the road the Murrayfield hotel will likely be busy with Hibs fans as well and will be abit quieter than the Roseburn. Its about a 25 minute walk back to Tynecastle though.

Never been in the Murrayfield Bar just along from the Roseburn but would imagine a few Hibs fans will be in there but I am not sure if they would allow colours.

A 25 minute walk?? Are you going via Easter Road?

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Beechwood Bowling Club on Roseburn Street.

green day
14-01-2017, 07:52 AM

Not correct.

That numptie sold it and it is now owned by the young English guy that has Cork and Cask off license on Marchmont Road.

staunchhibby
14-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Prison officers club for me

Since90+2
14-01-2017, 10:23 AM
A 25 minute walk?? Are you going via Easter Road?

It's just under 2kms from the Murrayfield hotel to Tynecastle so about a 20-25 minute walk.

22 minutes according to Google maps so I wasn't far away.

BoomtownHibees
14-01-2017, 10:36 AM
It's just under 2kms from the Murrayfield hotel to Tynecastle so about a 20-25 minute walk.

22 minutes according to Google maps so I wasn't far away.

Sorry mate, thought you meant the Roseburn

dp00
14-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Pretty sure at the st Johnstone game last season all your "hearts" pubs hit refused any hibs fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godsahibby
14-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Polwarth Tavern is always full of Hibees. Thats where I will be pre match

CockneyRebel
14-01-2017, 11:53 AM

It has had several changes of ownership over the last few years and is up for sale again but as a restaurant/bistro premises.

BoomtownHibees
16-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Sorry for the long post but Bonnyrigg have tweeted this for their own supporters:

A few hostelries have been in touch with us and we are passing on this information to our supporters which may be of use:

Merchiston Hearts Supporters Club

Located at 60 Gorgie Road, it is just a short walk to the stadium. Open from 11:00 a.m., Charlotte's kitchen is also open from that time serving stovies, soup, chips etc. The club can be contacted by phoning 0131 337 5275.

New Edinburgh Prison Officers Social Club

Located in McLeod Street just a 2 minute walk from the Stadium, extends a warm welcome to the Roses fans who are attending the match who may wish a small refreshment and something to eat prior to and after the match. The club opens at 11:00 a.m. and will be open for the remainder of the day. If you wish to book buses in, please contact the Club on 0131 337 2076 to let the Steward know your numbers. It is also possible for "walk up" entry that afternoon.

Murrayfield Sports Bar

Located at Westfield road Edinburgh, they cater for families, with homemade pies being made available and have offered their venue for our travelling support. Phone 0131 337 3999.

Itsnoteasy
17-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Pretty sure at the st Johnstone game last season all your "hearts" pubs hit refused any hibs fans

Spot On

Real Emerald
17-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Slightly changing the subject but does anyone know if Hibs fans in the Wheatfield will exit onto Wheatfield St or are they planning to exit us onto the Roseburn end? My ticket says enter via tutnstiles 1-10 which are on Wheatfield St. This will also affect our pre and post game pub choice.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Spot On

It really isn't.

tamig
17-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Slightly changing the subject but does anyone know if Hibs fans in the Wheatfield will exit onto Wheatfield St or are they planning to exit us onto the Roseburn end? My ticket says enter via tutnstiles 1-10 which are on Wheatfield St. This will also affect our pre and post game pub choice.
Aye, we enter via Wheatfield turnstiles so pubs on Gorgie/Slateford side a bit more convenient. Bonnyrigg fans in Wheatfield will enter via Gorgie Road end turnstiles.

Edit - assuming we will exit the same way.

brog
17-01-2017, 11:32 AM
There's lots of small hotels between the Rosy & Haymarket. The Dunstane was fine & full of Hibbies last time I went to PBS for a Yam game.

EH54
17-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Caley Sample rooms for us.

Frazerbob
17-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Nonsense.

dp00
17-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Nonsense.

Not nonsense there was a good few pubs which declined hibs fans at the saints game

NAE NOOKIE
17-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Not nonsense there was a good few pubs which declined hibs fans at the saints game

Nae wonder Hertz pubs are closing down then ..... if they are turning away paying customers and the Yams aren't even playing they deserve all they get.

jgl07
17-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Name one then!

Hermit Crab
17-01-2017, 01:19 PM
What pubs in the area allow kids in?

Frazerbob
17-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Your original post said "all Hearts pubs" which is nonsense. Now you're saying "a good few". Which is it?
I was in a staunch jambo pub with many other Hibs and Saints fans. The Jambo owner was a fine host.

Which pubs refused Hibs fans?

Hermit Crab
17-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Rubbish, there was a lot of money to be made that day and they were hardly likely to knock it back especially since it wasn't a derby match. No trouble at all.

scoopyboy
17-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Name one then!

I know the BMC made it members only which effectively ruled out Hibs fans that weren't members.

tamig
17-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Rubbish, there was a lot of money to be made that day and they were hardly likely to knock it back especially since it wasn't a derby match. No trouble at all.

Was there not one of the clubs off Gorgie Road that made it clear no Hibs fans would be welcome? Maybe the one behind Sainsbury's? Sure it was mentioned in a similar thread to this at the time.

hibs0666
17-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Was there not one of the clubs off Gorgie Road that made it clear no Hibs fans would be welcome? Maybe the one behind Sainsbury's? Sure it was mentioned in a similar thread to this at the time.

BMC Clucb was unequivocal. Th club would be open for the 10 or so jakeys that use it these days in order that they could watch the guunts game live on telly. As it turned out the guunts game was postponed and the BMC missed out on the oodles of green pounds that would flow from two rammed lounges.

Hell mend them.

Since90+2
17-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Did the Four in Hand not do something similar when Hearts played ICT at Easter Road? Think they might actually have closed that day as they didn't want any Hearts fans in.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2017, 01:48 PM
BMC Clucb was unequivocal. Th club would be open for the 10 or so jakeys that use it these days in order that they could watch the guunts game live on telly. As it turned out the guunts game was postponed and the BMC missed out on the oodles of green pounds that would flow from two rammed lounges.

Hell mend them.

The last time I was in the BMC club it was full of Jambos on very cheap, heavily cut cocaine performing fellatio on each other in the lavatories.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the Wheatfield stand.

Leith's finest
17-01-2017, 09:38 PM
I know the BMC made it members only which effectively ruled out Hibs fans that weren't members.

100% correct about bmc club

Itsnoteasy
17-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Name one then!

Stratford
Tyne castle Arms

Hermit Crab
17-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Stratford
Tyne castle Arms

That was rammed when I walked past at the st johnstone game.

Itsnoteasy
17-01-2017, 10:48 PM
That was rammed when I walked past at the st johnstone game.

Not with Hibs colours. Bouncers were refusing anyone with Hibs colours on.

offshorehibby
18-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Had a good sesh before and after ST J game in Straties so will be heading there for a pre match tipple

howdenthehibby
18-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Thomsons bar Morrison Street . Nice bar , rammed with Hibby,s at the Saint/J Semi . And the guy that runs the bar is a Hibby.

Pete
21-01-2017, 01:32 AM
The bar at the corn exchange is one I forgot about (called "the pub" or something now).

Not been in for years but the owner is a hibee as are the regulars. Not that far away and you can get a game of snooker in too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2017, 10:39 AM
For anyone interested, Its £2 a pint for Strongbow in Dickens.