PDA

View Full Version : We'll never forget...

ekhibee
13-01-2017, 11:05 AM
https://youtu.be/2OL0EMIaG9Y

ano hibby
13-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Beautiful.
Never ever ever tire of seeing that.

SteveHFC
13-01-2017, 04:14 PM
:not worth

California-Hibs
13-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Never seen that one before. Outstanding!

Frogga
13-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Love it!

ano hibby
13-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Thanks to the OP I just spent last hour on YouTube watching variety of cup final vids.
Time well spent. Brilliant.
Love the Danny Sweeney song. Also the harp & castle on the 22nd.
In fact all of them.
What a weekend that was.

Northernhibee
13-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Unreal to think that one header could change the complexion of an entire football club. That goal seen us go from attendances of around 9,000 to 14-15k overnight.

Sergey
13-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Thanks to the OP I just spent last hour on YouTube watching variety of cup final vids.
Time well spent. Brilliant.
Love the Danny Sweeney song. Also the harp & castle on the 22nd.
In fact all of them.
What a weekend that was.

Me too.

I still can't believe that Bartley wasn't penalised for the foul on Halliday in stoppage time. The referee even booked the hun :faf:

A great start to the weekend!

Northernhibee
13-01-2017, 06:29 PM
I'll never forget the emotions in injury time - the apprehension when Sevco were passing the ball about in our half, Sir David Gray pressuring them into the mistake and the excitement as we broke, the edge of the seat moment when Stokes nearly got his hat trick, the slight lull when the corner was being taken, the unbelievable rush when the goal went in, the nerves that made you feel sick when the clock run down to the end of the game and the utter hysteria at the final whistle.

That'll never, ever be repeated. I don't even know if it's possible for any other club to experience a situation like that.

PPZPOL
13-01-2017, 06:39 PM
The crowd scenes in they clips are just magnificent. I just continually pause them and then play and then pause and play etc etc. The expressions on people's faces and the emotion. Brilliant!! A gamechanger for the club and promotion is now required this season to really capitalise on it now.

Onion
13-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Unreal to think that one header could change the complexion of an entire football club. That goal seen us go from attendances of around 9,000 to 14-15k overnight.

Reality is, SDG has not got a clue what he's done and what that goal meant to generations of Hibs fans. In 30-40 years time, when folk are still talking about it, and telling his kids and his kid's kids about the day their grandad became a living legend, he might get some idea.

WoreTheGreen
13-01-2017, 06:43 PM
That feeling cannot and willnot be repeated again. Told the wife better than our wedding she was at the game agreed .you can get married anytime

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2017, 06:45 PM
https://youtu.be/2OL0EMIaG9Y

God, I'd totally forgotten all about that! Brought back some fine memories. Anybody else got footage to share of that day? (I believe Hibs won that game, yes?)

13-01-2017, 06:51 PM
A simply indescribable feeling. Emotional just thinking about it.

Mr White
13-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Me too.

I still can't believe that Bartley wasn't penalised for the foul on Halliday in stoppage time. The referee even booked the hun :faf:

A great start to the weekend!

:cool2:

yonder1875
13-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Football can't and won't get any better for us, folks. We'll never see the likes of it again

lyonhibs
13-01-2017, 08:22 PM
One day that footage might not reduce me to tears. Maybe.

poolman
13-01-2017, 08:59 PM
My DVD has worn out 😊

Saturday Boy
13-01-2017, 09:10 PM
My DVD has worn out 😊

I think you might be rubbing it the wrong way;-)

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Got into a 'debate' with a jambo recently who told me our win was nowhere near as special as the 5-1 final. Says nothing can beat hammering your rivals. Explained the 114 year wait, beating Hearts en route in dramatic fashion, the whole hibsing it thing, injury time winner, pitch invasion etc etc but the shutters were up and the fingers were in the ears. They can't stomach that 5-1 has been 'one upped' so quickly

SteveHFC
13-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Got into a 'debate' with a jambo recently who told me our win was nowhere near as special as the 5-1 final. Says nothing can beat hammering your rivals. Explained the 114 year wait, beating Hearts en route in dramatic fashion, the whole hibsing it thing, injury time winner, pitch invasion etc etc but the shutters were up and the fingers were in the ears. They can't stomach that 5-1 has been 'one upped' so quickly

21/05/16 has ruined them

Northernhibee
13-01-2017, 09:58 PM
21/05/16 has ruined them

There's so many things that take away from their achievement. Their financial situation with players they couldn't afford, the awful refereeing decisions, Ian Black remaining on the pitch after a red card offence, their rivals being in disarray, the dodgy penalty - theirs is a tainted achievement.

Ours is an absolute fairy story, a lower league team (which we, for this season hopefully at most, are) beating our city rivals fair and square after being two nil down with ten to go, winning the replay in front of a packed ER followed by one of the most incredible SOL renditions you'll hear, knocking the holders out, the comeback of Conrad Logan in the semi, then showing the bottle to come from behind with ten to go to end a wait of over a century. Done with players we can afford, done without the help of an awful ref, done against a Sevco team built on a much higher budgets than ours.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Well that's the tears starting again!

WS Hibs
13-01-2017, 10:54 PM
If you'd ask me to write the script of Hibs finally winning the cup I couldn't have done it any better.

We could win the Champions League one day and it would mean about a tenth as much to me as the 21st May 2016 did.

Northernhibee
14-01-2017, 01:16 AM
If you'd ask me to write the script of Hibs finally winning the cup I couldn't have done it any better.

We could win the Champions League one day and it would mean about a tenth as much to me as the 21st May 2016 did.

This.

The only thing better than 21st of May was waking up on the morning of the 22nd May with a sore heid and absolutely no voice left and it finally sinking in that Hibs had won the Scottish Cup. All the highlights on Hibs TV, iPlayer, YouTube to watch that morning.

Pete
14-01-2017, 02:47 AM

To be fair, football fans have an extremely blinkered and tainted view. 2012 will never be trumped by 2016 for them and for ourselves, 2012 is simply a part of the story that lead to the greatest cup journey ever.

Take it from me, outsiders think we're all ****ing mad. :greengrin

As for the video and it inspiring hours on YouTube, I'm with that and it's got to the stage where I have a running order I enjoy:

Short Highlights v Raith

Highlights of the 2-2 Derby with no commentary.

Highlights of the 1-0 Derby with no commentary.

Highlights of ICT 1-1 with no commentary.

Highlights of the return 1-2 with no commentary.

Highlights of the semi.

Penalty shoot out in full.

Celtic v Rangers highlights.

McGinn and Halliday on the run to the final.

Final highlights (Sky).

Very sad and time consuming but I don't care. :cup:

ekhibee
14-01-2017, 03:23 AM
One of the reasons I started the thread was that I had just been watching some videos on YouTube of the Chicago Cubs winning the World Series for the 1st time in 108 years. For me as a Hibs fan it doesn't compare obviously, but their fans reaction reminded me so much of what it was like for me and thousands of others who support our team. Teams like us, Leicester and the Cubs, made 2016 such a special year in many ways, the year of the underdog. It's what sport should be about, but that's just my opinion.