PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan in court for assaulting Rangers player at SC final

andyf5
13-01-2017, 08:16 AM
FROM THE HERALD;

Teenager to stand trial for allegedly assaulting former Rangers player Dean Shiels at Scottish Cup final

A teenager is due to stand trial for allegedly assaulting former Rangers player Dean Shiels at the Scottish Cup final last year.

Greig Binnie, 19, allegedly acted aggressively towards the player and “uttered abusive remarks” towards him at Hampden Park when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2.

The alleged offence is contrary to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

Binnie from Ratho, Edinburgh, is also accused of assaulting Shiels by “seizing hold” of the player at Hampden Park.

He appeared yesterday (Thurs) at Glasgow Sheriff Court where he denied the charge.

A trial is set for next month.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-01-2017, 08:19 AM
FROM THE HERALD;

Teenager to stand trial for allegedly assaulting former Rangers player Dean Shiels at Scottish Cup final

A teenager is due to stand trial for allegedly assaulting former Rangers player Dean Shiels at the Scottish Cup final last year.

Greig Binnie, 19, allegedly acted aggressively towards the player and “uttered abusive remarks” towards him at Hampden Park when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2.

Binnie from Ratho, Edinburgh, is also accused of assaulting Shiels by “seizing hold” of the player at Hampden Park.

He appeared yesterday (Thurs) at Glasgow Sheriff Court where he denied the charge.

Folks that took it above and beyond have spoiled what should have been a day to cherish for the rest of their lives but only have themselves to blame.

WHAM
13-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Is that the same boy who was also done for acting "aggressively" towards Foderingham?

Jim44
13-01-2017, 08:31 AM
FROM THE HERALD;

If there is concrete evidence of violent behaviour, throw the book at these idiots. They have to be singled out from the vast majority of celebrating fans.

DarrenSQH
13-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Wow he uttered abusive remarks, how long was Dean in Hospital for?

Police will act on that but not Huns throwing missles at will when we were at Ibrox.

Winston Ingram
13-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Acted aggressively and abusive remarks. In that case I think i just assaulted someone in the Easyjet Call Centre:confused:

JimBHibees
13-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Is that the same boy who was also done for acting "aggressively" towards Foderingham?

Pretty sure it is.

itslegaltender
13-01-2017, 08:44 AM
this lad lost his job in the aftermath and the huns even were trying to get his mum sacked from hers, contacting her work. Was talk of him being hunted down etc on social media as well.

Golden Bear
13-01-2017, 08:44 AM
You know there are times when you just can't defend the indefensible.

lucky
13-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Silly boy, if he has grabbed DS then he is real bother. But as he's plead not guilty I'm sure we will hear his side of the story. It could easily be he cuddled Deano who reacted and the lad gave him some verbals.

Northernhibee
13-01-2017, 09:12 AM
this lad lost his job in the aftermath and the huns even were trying to get his mum sacked from hers, contacting her work. Was talk of him being hunted down etc on social media as well.

If the boy in court is guilty then that is indefensible.

What you're describing there is equally as indefensible.

Waxy
13-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Act aggresive and shouted abusive remarks? Sure the Rangers players did similar in the tunnel before the game.

Keith_M
13-01-2017, 09:13 AM
IF he did what is alleged, then I hope they throw the book at him.

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Sounds more like the authorities making sure at least one hibs fan is being charged with 'assault' to confirm the narrative of hun players being 'assaulted'.

Every supporter in the land has at some point shouted 'obscenities' at opposition players.

The huns are screaming religious hatred every week and nothing is done about that.

Touching Dean Shiels doesn't sound like a physical assault to me, if he did.

He's just a lad and this is going to harm his life prospects severely.

I've got nothing but sympathy for this young lad who's being singled out for harsh treatment when the huns are allowed to belt out sectarian hatred every single time they play.

:rolleyes:

greenginger
13-01-2017, 09:26 AM

Yeah, same guy.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-fan-who-confronted-rangers-8270160

Here's the video of his assault on Foderingham.

A one handed push on the goalie's shoulder. :confused:

declan macmanus
13-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Sounds more like the authorities making sure at least one hibs fan is being charged with 'assault' to confirm the narrative of hun players being 'assaulted'.

Every supporter in the land has at some point shouted 'obscenities' at opposition players.

The huns are screaming religious hatred every week and nothing is done about that.

I've got nothing but sympathy for this young lad who's being singled out for harsh treatment when the huns are allowed to belt out sectarian hatred every single time they play.

Every supporter might have shouted obscenities at opposition players but not standing next to them in the centre circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
13-01-2017, 09:28 AM
as he's plead not guilty I'm sure we will hear his side of the story
A simple pat on the back and a "Well done, Agent Shiels" which the the Rangers player took offence at, m'lud.

pacoluna
13-01-2017, 09:36 AM
:brickwall

greenginger
13-01-2017, 09:37 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-fan-who-confronted-rangers-8270160

Looking at the video again its quite clear it is the guy in the white top that does the push, Binnie in the darker top does not seem to touch the goalie.

Miscarriage of Justice !

Bristolhibby
13-01-2017, 09:38 AM
I'm no lawyer, but since when did shouting at someone become assault?

J

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm no lawyer, but since when did shouting at someone become assault?

J

Probably this bit.... :greengrin

DH1875
13-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Silly boy, if he has grabbed DS then he is real bother. But as he's plead not guilty I'm sure we will hear his side of the story. It could easily be he cuddled Deano who reacted and the lad gave him some verbals.

If he has a decent lawyer all they need to do is contact the BBC and check through their archives cause Kenny Shiels said live on the radio that Dean had 100% NOT been assaulted. It was a couple of days after the game so wouldn't take long for them to find.

(might have been radio Clyde so check their archives as well).

JimBHibees
13-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Lets be clear as violence goes it doesn't sound particularly extreme. Some folk took serious doings on the pitch.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 10:05 AM
If he has a decent lawyer all they need to do is contact the BBC and check through their archives cause Kenny Shiels said live on the radio that Dean had 100% NOT been assaulted. It was a couple of days after the game so wouldn't take long for them to find.

A decent lawyer will ask DS himself, no?

Fuzzywuzzy
13-01-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm sure the Kenny shields came out and said nothing had happened to Dean?

Captain Trips
13-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Lets be clear as violence goes it doesn't sound particularly extreme. Some folk took serious doings on the pitch.

Indeed, Kiernan and Travernier got a right doing at about 2min 50.

JDHibs
13-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Ive spoken to this lads mother several times about all.

He was charged with acting aggressively towards Foderingham, got a lifetime ban from Easter Road, and tagged. I believe the tag is now off. All for swearing at Foderingham, maybe pushing him, i dont know.

He then ran towards Shiels, who thought the lad was going to attack him, so called a steward and the steward intervened. He wasnt going to attack Dean. He wanted to shake his hand (apparently). No contact was made with Shiels. Deans dad, Kenny then done an interview and said that Dean was not touched by anybody at the end of the final.

The lads family have not reached out to Kennys club, to speak with him and get a statement saying that Dean wasnt touched.

The case will no doubt be thrown out.

Navids Numpties
13-01-2017, 10:59 AM

He ended up getting offered an even better job coaching squash elsewhere

WHAM
13-01-2017, 11:09 AM
What an absolute farce.

From the videos it's obvious he was just giving Foderingham the GIRFUY and it's the other ginger haired guy who actually shoves him.

How can you be tagged for "acting" aggressively without actually committing any form of physical assault? I'm sure his record was clean before this also.

Who was defending him in court??

Some of the charges being dished out are laughable. The "4 armed" Hibs fans who slid on his knees and was assaulted by rangers fans was charged with something ridiculous like "celebrating in a manner likely to incite violence!" 240 hours community service!

Complete witch hunt by PS. You can also tell from the latest images released and by matching them up to the videos on YouTube they are actually going after those whose only crime was to celebrate on the pitch and "taunt" the rangers fans in the north stand.

H18S NX
13-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Pretty sure it is. no its not

Walter
13-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Well if he hadn't run on the pitch like an idiot he wouldn't be in this mess.

And it's assault whether or not you make contact, - if the attempt and intent is there.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 11:42 AM
I hope that the guy is found not guilty. The police are looking for scapegoats to justify the money being wasted on this whole investigation. I dread to think how much money has been spent chasing up hibs fans when it's clear that there hasn't been 1 single serious or even remotely serious crime by anyone in our support.
If I go down to the police station to report a crime (which sadly happens a lot) nothing is ever done and I'm made to feel like I'm wasting their time.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 11:45 AM

And it's assault whether or not you make contact, - if the attempt and intent is there.
Rubbish! If that's the case then why aren't the hibs players who nearly knocked the policeman over while celebrating the winner not up in court.

Walter
13-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Rubbish! If that's the case then why aren't the hibs players who nearly knocked the policeman over while celebrating the winner not up in court.

Have they been identified ?

Shrekko
13-01-2017, 11:49 AM
What Hibs fan wants to get involved with 2 Sevco players immediately after seeing Hibs win the cup? Just stupid regardless of this ridiculous Police investigation.

Walter
13-01-2017, 11:51 AM
A quick google search of the definition of assault in Scotland

Offence: To direct an attack to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Have they been identified ?
They aren't being prosecuted because they didn't commit a crime. Like almost every fan who went onto the pitch. The only guy who deserved to be prosecuted was the guy who had a swing at the grass.

greenginger
13-01-2017, 11:54 AM
no its not

Are there two 19 year old Greg Binnie's been charged with offences ?

Walter
13-01-2017, 11:54 AM
So you would prosecute unidenfified persons ?

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 11:55 AM
A quick google search of the definition of assault in Scotland

Offence: To direct an attack to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted.
That may be the case, but it leaves a huge amount of discretion for the police. If the law was followed as rigidly as you're suggesting then almost every football player would have a criminal record.

Walter
13-01-2017, 12:12 PM
That may be the case, but it leaves a huge amount of discretion for the police. If the law was followed as rigidly as you're suggesting then almost every football player would have a criminal record.

Much like almost every Yam, it is probably highly likely that they do

JimBHibees
13-01-2017, 12:14 PM

Because there was no intent.

silverhibee
13-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Were the Rangers security officers allowed to enter the pitch and start assaulting folk, in the picture (which i'm struggling to copy and paste) where a Hibs fan is shaking Kenny Millers hand it is quite clear in the background a few men in suits assaulting supporters, surely they are not allowed to take the law in to there own hands, it was also a Rangers security officer that kicked the Hibs lad as he runs about on the pitch, it seems these guys have went unnoticed by Scottish Police.

Wonder if Dean made the complaint to the police after the game.

Kojock
13-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Were the Rangers security officers allowed to enter the pitch and start assaulting folk, in the picture (which i'm struggling to copy and paste) where a Hibs fan is shaking Kenny Millers hand it is quite clear in the background a few men in suits assaulting supporters, surely they are not allowed to take the law in to there own hands, it was also a Rangers security officer that kicked the Hibs lad as he runs about on the pitch, it seems these guys have went unnoticed by Scottish Police.

The police will have contacted Dean and taken a statement from him. Given that Binnie has been charged it would appear that Dean has stated that he was grabbed and verbally abused.

Killiehibbie
13-01-2017, 12:19 PM
That may be the case, but it leaves a huge amount of discretion for the police. If the law was followed as rigidly as you're suggesting then almost every football player would have a criminal record.You have to wonder why the PF has decided to pursue some of these ridiculous reports sent to them by the police when so many are not taken any further?

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2017, 12:27 PM

that would come under scots law as 'defending derrys walls' e.g. you have to attack to defend

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 12:30 PM
You have to wonder why the PF has decided to pursue some of these ridiculous reports sent to them by the police when so many are not taken any further?

One of the criteria when considering a case is whether it's in the public interest to take forward to trial - in this case it's a definite yes given the media scrutiny, involvement of outside authorities, and to deter future football violence - tin hat on here but it's a case I'd pursue as a prosecutor - and regardless of club, tournament or fixture. You can't have mass pitch invasions as we witnessed as there are always the few who take things too far. We've a duty to protect fans, players and officials. I'd be keen to know if they're presenting steward and cctv evidence though - as from recollection Kenny Shiels said Dean hadn't required to see the police ? Rather than be sub judice though I'll await the reports after the trial.

Baker9
13-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Can't condone what he did - even entering the field of play was daft. He has a problem though as he is perhaps emerging as the 'example' of how hard the authorities have come down on the thugs. There is a danger that any punishment will be way beyond the normal and that his daftness may become a hanging offence.

Onion
13-01-2017, 12:33 PM
What Hibs fan wants to get involved with 2 Sevco players immediately after seeing Hibs win the cup? Just stupid regardless of this ridiculous Police investigation.

:top marks Always been a mystery to me.

Detest the Huns and enjoy nothing better than beating them, but when that final whistle went every single Sevco player and their supporters "vanished". They were irrelevant, meaningless. All I could think of was celebrating with the Hibs fans and players at the end of a long, long journey.

Those idiots who thought they'd use that historic occasion to to wind up a few Sevco players and fans are not really Hibs fans. They simply can't be.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2017, 12:34 PM
If I go down to the police station to report a crime (which sadly happens a lot) nothing is ever done and I'm made to feel like I'm wasting their time.

I feel the same whenever I report the drug dealing bitch that stays in the flat below us.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2017, 12:35 PM
that would come under scots law as 'defending derrys walls' e.g. you have to attack to defend
Ah yes, Deriwalz anyone know where it is?

Sounds eastern European but I can't find it and wondered why a Scottish football teams fans are having to defend it. What are they defending it from?

Is new Deriwalz at risk here also, or just the old one?

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby

Newry Hibs
13-01-2017, 12:41 PM
When is Stokes up in court for nudging, sorry, assaulting the defender for the equalizer? I'm witness to that hundreds of times!

WeeRussell
13-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Dean Shiels was playing in the cup final?

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Ah yes, Deriwalz anyone know where it is?

Sounds eastern European but I can't find it and wondered why a Scottish football teams fans are having to defend it. What are they defending it from?

Is new Deriwalz at risk here also, or just the old one?

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby

awk something to do with marauding kaffliks, papes and taigs apparently :)

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 12:45 PM
When is Stokes up in court for nudging, sorry, assaulting the defender for the equalizer? I'm witness to that hundreds of times!

Funny NH, we were talking about the final over drinks recently and all of us remarked how good the refereeing was - if you look back there were some pivotal refereeing moments which either favoured us, or on another day a ref may have made a different call. We came up with three - allowing 'play on' after McGinn was fouled (Stokes goal), the 'push' on Waghorn by Lewy at 1-1, and as you say the 'nudge' on Tavernier. Thank god it wasn't Collum with the whistle !

Killiehibbie
13-01-2017, 12:46 PM
One of the criteria when considering a case is whether it's in the public interest to take forward to trial - in this case it's a definite yes given the media scrutiny, involvement of outside authorities, and to deter future football violence - tin hat on here but it's a case I'd pursue as a prosecutor - and regardless of club, tournament or fixture. You can't have mass pitch invasions as we witnessed as there are always the few who take things too far. We've a duty to protect fans, players and officials. I'd be keen to know if they're presenting steward and cctv evidence though - as from recollection Kenny Shiels said Dean hadn't required to see the police ? Rather than be sub judice though I'll await the reports after the trial.
Actual serious physical assaults are captured on cctv every weekend but are never pursued as they don't have the resources.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2017, 12:47 PM
awk something to do with marauding kaffliks, papes and taigs apparently :)
Well I'm not convinced that defending it with the weapons they sing about will be much use, not in this day and age.

What if the imaginary enemy were to attack when the the huns are all in Glasgow singing about guarding it but not actually guarding?

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Actual serious physical assaults are captured on cctv every weekend but are never pursued as they don't have the resources.

Agree Killie, lots of crime goes unpunished or sometimes not investigated. However this was a public event, watched by millions (possibly) and received unprecedented media coverage - therefore it's in the public interest whether we like it or not. But I do agree with you that in times of scarce resources and money we perhaps should be focusing more on crime in communities. We do have a duty to pursue a complaint if one is made though - again, regardless of what yours or my moral barometer is and what our opinion is on severity.

hibee316
13-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Wow he uttered abusive remarks, how long was Dean in Hospital for?

Police will act on that but not Huns throwing missles at will when we were at Ibrox.

Also accused of holding him as well. Not very bright of him, and hope he is punished appropriately.

Players are expected to put up with abuse from the stands, that is part and parcel of the game. However, as soon as you enter the field and approach a player, that's it. You have lost any sympathy.

The police are quite right in not letting him away for it, as we are already seeing a tit for tat scenario regarding the guy. You don't stop that, we start watching the football behind a cage.

Since90+2
13-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I've never in my life heard of anybody being charged with assault by simply holding onto someone.

Not saying it doesn't happen but its not something I have came across before.

Smartie
13-01-2017, 01:34 PM
I've never in my life heard of anybody being charged with assault by simply holding onto someone.

Not saying it doesn't happen but its not something I have came across before.

Assault us a pretty broad term and can involve a lot of stuff that seems on the face of it innocuous.

The bottom line is that you literally cannot lay a finger on anyone without their permission or you might legitimately be charged with assault. Carrying out medical treatment on someone without them fully understanding it and being able to consent can be classed as assault.

Most of the time it doesn't come down to it and common sense would come in.

Sheils probably didn't think he'd been assaulted at the time, hence his Dad's comments. Rangers will have put him right later and he'll have been under no illusion what he's meant to say.

Technically, provided there was unwelcome (albeit accidental and minimal) contact with all of the The Rangers players, Keith Jackson's story may be correct. Even though we all know it was utter b******s.

Lago
13-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Running at Shields in order to shake his hand, right up there with the big boy did it and ran away excuse.

Bishop Hibee
13-01-2017, 01:39 PM
One of the guys in my monthly poker school is a Sherriff and while uninterested in football, quite openly stated that who the majority of the police in the west support will have had a big influence on how all this has been handled.

mmmmhibby
13-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Garbage.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Garbage.

Don't think it is:-

There is no distinction made in Scotland between assault and battery (which is not a term used in Scots law), although, as in England and Wales, assault can be occasioned without a physical attack on another's person, as demonstrated in Atkinson v. HM Advocate[19] wherein the accused was found guilty of assaulting a shop assistant by simply jumping over a counter wearing a ski mask. The court said:

[A]n assault may be constituted by threatening gestures sufficient to produce alarm

— Atkinson v. HM Advocate (1987)

worcesterhibby
13-01-2017, 02:01 PM
I think I may report Dean Shiels for assault

https://youtu.be/Wi8S2CCmEFg

HibernianJK
13-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Funny NH, we were talking about the final over drinks recently and all of us remarked how good the refereeing was - if you look back there were some pivotal refereeing moments which either favoured us, or on another day a ref may have made a different call. We came up with three - allowing 'play on' after McGinn was fouled (Stokes goal), the 'push' on Waghorn by Lewy at 1-1, and as you say the 'nudge' on Tavernier. Thank god it wasn't Collum with the whistle !

Having seen the incident many times I can't help but feel Steveson got away with one. I have no idea what he was going putting 2 arms into Waghorns back there.

Waxy
13-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Tavernier might yet get done for impersonating a defender.

Killiehibbie
13-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Having seen the incident many times I can't help but feel Steveson got away with one. I have no idea what he was going putting 2 arms into Waghorns back there.What do you reckon 3 months or 240 hours community service if they decide to prosecute for what is an assault?

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Tavernier might yet get done for impersonating a defender.

What, the £4 million rated 'defender' Tavernier ?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/richard-gough-tips-james-tavernier-for-4m-move-1-3849599

Gough should get done for conspiracy to talk utter **** 😀 Wouldn't take Tavernier at Hibs for £4K !

JIm
13-01-2017, 02:57 PM
I feel the same whenever I report the drug dealing bitch that stays in the flat below us.

What's your address mate, needing a new dealer anyway :wink:

Captain Trips
13-01-2017, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=worcesterhibby;4906325]I think I may report Dean Shiels for assault

"It was a Phoenix from the flames sketch my Lord, I was Dean and Dean played Craig Gordon"

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 03:12 PM

There is no distinction made in Scotland between assault and battery (which is not a term used in Scots law), although, as in England and Wales, assault can be occasioned without a physical attack on another's person, as demonstrated in Atkinson v. HM Advocate[19] wherein the accused was found guilty of assaulting a shop assistant by simply jumping over a counter wearing a ski mask. The court said:

[A]n assault may be constituted by threatening gestures sufficient to produce alarm

You're correct to state that but in the normal scheme of the law a breach of the peace whereby causing fear and alarm would be the appropriate charge as it's harder to prove assault when no physical contact has taken place. In Binnie's case if no physical assault or intent to assault could be proven, the breach of the peace whereby causing fear and alarm would be more or less a shoe in by any judge. Surely the better for all charge unless the aim is to ensure an 'assault' charge against a hun player is found as per vindicating the msm and police scotland witchhunt.

Unless of course there is already an additional charge of breach of the peace whereby causing fear and alarm alongside the alleged 'assault'.

Glory Glory

HibernianJK
13-01-2017, 03:19 PM
What do you reckon 3 months or 240 hours community service if they decide to prosecute for what is an assault?

I think that would be letting him off lightly.

snooky
13-01-2017, 03:50 PM
One of the guys in my monthly poker school is a Sherriff and while uninterested in football, quite openly stated that who the majority of the police in the west support will have had a big influence on how all this has been handled.

So it's still anybody's guess then? :whistle:

Onion
13-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Assault us a pretty broad term and can involve a lot of stuff that seems on the face of it innocuous.

The bottom line is that you literally cannot lay a finger on anyone without their permission or you might legitimately be charged with assault. Carrying out medical treatment on someone without them fully understanding it and being able to consent can be classed as assault.

Most of the time it doesn't come down to it and common sense would come in.

Sheils probably didn't think he'd been assaulted at the time, hence his Dad's comments. Rangers will have put him right later and he'll have been under no illusion what he's meant to say.

Technically, provided there was unwelcome (albeit accidental and minimal) contact with all of the The Rangers players, Keith Jackson's story may be correct. Even though we all know it was utter b******s.

World's has gone mad. Few years ago, Shiels would have been told to man-up and get over it. Now these overpaid, prima donnas are coached, presented and behave as if they're a fully paid up member of the Snowflake Generation.

silverhibee
13-01-2017, 04:26 PM
The police will have contacted Dean and taken a statement from him. Given that Binnie has been charged it would appear that Dean has stated that he was grabbed and verbally abused.

Could it not be that someone else maybe stated it and took it up with the police, CCTV may show something that nobody else has seen, the victim doesn't have to be the complainer.

Pete
13-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Sickening.

Saturday Boy
13-01-2017, 04:32 PM

I've been catching up on this thread, but I'm amazed no one has asked if you're Doc Holiday or just a riverboat gambler

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 04:41 PM
I've been catching up on this thread, but I'm amazed no one has asked if you're Doc Holiday or just a riverboat gambler

I reckon it's Victoria Coren.

grammyb111
13-01-2017, 04:42 PM

Beat me to this, about the only case law I remember from the criminal law part of my degree! From what I've read/seen I cannot see why they are prosecuting it as assault vs breach of the peace. The punishment can be the same (as long as it's tried in the same court) but botp is much easier to prove (and tends to be a lighter punishment).

col02
13-01-2017, 04:51 PM
If the police have been pursuing this case I hope they aim to charge the Rangers fan for assaulting a young kid that was clear on numerous videos. Also the Rangers official who took a swinging kick aimed at a Hibs player but never connected. Again visible on the numerous videos post cup final. Instead this case against the Hibs fan gives the media and Rangers the moral high ground in making out Hibs fans are thugs etc.

Gordy M
13-01-2017, 04:52 PM

Im sorry but that is utter garbage....and if he has said that its even worse. Firstly....and he should know....the police dont actually officially charge anyone. You are charged by the PF who issues the indictment.....not the police. The police report the circumstances gained from the cctv statements etc and the PF decides what to charge someone with.

If this guy has run on the park and grabbed DS then thats why he will have neen charged with assault....just like if a supporter of another team runs on the pitch on sat and grabs a hibs player??

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Beat me to this, about the only case law I remember from the criminal law part of my degree! From what I've read/seen I cannot see why they are prosecuting it as assault vs breach of the peace. The punishment can be the same (as long as it's tried in the same court) but botp is much easier to prove (and tends to be a lighter punishment).

I hear you.

Kind of similar to the guy who was charged with "religiously aggravated botp" when he attacked Lennon at Tynie; he was found not guilty. Whereas, if he'd been charged with assault or plain botp, he was guilty as hell.

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Im sorry but that is utter garbage....and if he has said that its even worse. Firstly....and he should know....the police dont actually officially charge anyone. You are charged by the PF who issues the indictment.....not the police. The police report the circumstances gained from the cctv statements etc and the PF decides what to charge someone with.

If this guy has run on the park and grabbed DS then thats why he will have neen charged with assault....just like if a supporter of another team runs on the pitch on sat and grabs a hibs player??

If you think there is no corroboration between the authorities then you are sadly mistaken bud. They are all one and the same. They are all run ultimately by the Government. The Lords and Sheriffs and the entire court system is actually run by the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Services which is ultimately responsible to the Government (can't remember if it's Westminster or been devolved to Holyrood).

Anyway it's run by the authorities for the authorities. Just one big carve up ultimately and whatever has been decided has been behind closed doors by the ones who hold the power and if they want a PF to include charges believe me that PF will not argue about it.

I feel sorry for young Binnie just a young lad who got a bit over excited.

Glory Glory

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2017, 05:08 PM

For a decent lawyer then can I not suggest Donald Findlay QC.

Gordy M
13-01-2017, 05:08 PM
If you think there is no corroboration between the authorities then you are sadly mistaken bud. They are all one and the same. They are all run ultimately by the Government. The Lords and Sheriffs and the entire court system is actually run by the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Services which is ultimately responsible to the Government (can't remember if it's Westminster or been devolved to Holyrood).

Anyway it's run by the authorities for the authorities. Just one big carve up ultimately and whatever has been decided has been behind closed doors by the ones who hold the power and if they want a PF to include charges believe me that PF will not argue about it.

I feel sorry for young Binnie just a young lad who got a bit over excited.

Glory Glory

Yeh but what is being suggested is that all the rangers fans in police all got together and decided to run the enquiry and stitch up.all the hibs fans and protect the sevco fans?? Seriously? And that has come from a Sheriff?

I dont disagree that a message is probably being sent out that going onto the field and 'grabbing' or 'taking hold of' a player whilst being abusive is unacceptable but to suggest its a conspiracy by rangers fans in the police?? Really?

greenginger
13-01-2017, 05:14 PM

The wee ned that attacked Deeks at the PBS got charged with breach of the peace.

Fined £ 400 , no banning order.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2009/05/08/hearts-fc-ban-shamed-fans-after-pitch-invasion-against-hibs/

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Yeh but what is being suggested is that all the rangers fans in police all got together and decided to run the enquiry and stitch up.all the hibs fans and protect the sevco fans?? Seriously? And that has come from a Sheriff?

I dont disagree that a message is probably being sent out that going onto the field and 'grabbing' or 'taking hold of' a player whilst being abusive is unacceptable but to suggest its a conspiracy by rangers fans in the police?? Really?

Would you argue against the fact the Scottish Mainstream Media ran an untruthful campaign to give their readers the wrongful impression that every hun player had been assaulted on our magical day bud?

There was in my mind a deliberate widespread conspiracy by the Scottish Mainstream Media to taint what was in reality an exuberant and joyful pitch invasion by the vast majority of our fans.

A Sheriff is entitled to his/her opinion, in fact there is probably no-one better placed to give an unbiased account.

I understand it may come as a shock to folk who are uncomfortable thinking the authorities conspire but there you are.

Glory Glory

silverhibee
13-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Agree Killie, lots of crime goes unpunished or sometimes not investigated. However this was a public event, watched by millions (possibly) and received unprecedented media coverage - therefore it's in the public interest whether we like it or not. But I do agree with you that in times of scarce resources and money we perhaps should be focusing more on crime in communities. We do have a duty to pursue a complaint if one is made though - again, regardless of what yours or my moral barometer is and what our opinion is on severity.

How are you my friend, hope your over all those sweets from Xmas. :greengrin:

Let me take you to another public event that took place about 6 weeks after our great win, TITP where 1000s of folk descended to the north of Scotland for a festival that lasted 5 days, on the 1st day it was being reported that mass brawls were taking place, videos on youtube of folk openly taking and dealing drugs along with the fighting, sadly, a number of deaths, a cash machine stolen from the premises and it continued all through the weekend to the last night, where was the outrage from the media regarding this event, yes it got some publicity and Scottish Police made some arrests, but it never got anything like the publicity that our win got and what happened on the pitch, no mugshots of the folk doing what i have mentioned above in any of the mainstream media, i doubt SP are still looking at CCTV from that weekend of madness, but SP still continue this witch hunt on football supporters 8 months after the event, time for someone in Holyrood to take a stand and call a halt to this investigation by SP now, what a waste of taxpayers money.

I just can't see Dean being a midnight mass. :thumbsup:

grammyb111
13-01-2017, 05:21 PM
The wee ned that attacked Deeks at the PBS got charged with breach of the peace.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2009/05/08/hearts-fc-ban-shamed-fans-after-pitch-invasion-against-hibs/

Forgot about that, I guess that kinda proves my point :greengrin

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Any competent lawyer would be within their right to use that case as case law as to seeking the charge of alleged 'assault' to be amended to the same charge as Wylie's which was a breach of the peace.

Smartie
13-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Let me take you to another public event that took place about 6 weeks after our great win, TITP where 1000s of folk descended to the north of Scotland for a festival that lasted 5 days, on the 1st day it was being reported that mass brawls were taking place, videos on youtube of folk openly taking and dealing drugs along with the fighting, sadly, a number of deaths, a cash machine stolen from the premises and it continued all through the weekend to the last night, where was the outrage from the media regarding this event, yes it got some publicity and Scottish Police made some arrests, but it never got anything like the publicity that our win got and what happened on the pitch, no mugshots of the folk doing what i have mentioned above in any of the mainstream media, i doubt SP are still looking at CCTV from that weekend of madness, but SP still continue this witch hunt on football supporters 8 months after the event, time for someone in Holyrood to take a stand and call a halt to this investigation by SP now, what a waste of taxpayers money.

I can't see him being a willing one, but he (and several others) will have been leaned on very heavily indeed imo.

Kato
13-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Any competent lawyer would be within their right to use that case as case law as to seeking the charge of alleged 'assault' to be amended to the same charge as Wylie's which was a breach of the peace.

Then the link on the Riordan case and relevant info should be passed onto the Binnie family.

grammyb111
13-01-2017, 05:35 PM

They could, and certainly from most people's perspectives an assault charge looks a lot worse than one for breach of the peace but it might actually help his case for them to try to get it through as assault (which is harder to prove, especially in the light of Kenny Shiels' comments) and it may get thrown out. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was offered the change to plead guilty to breach of the peace (which he'd have to really) and let it go from there. Don't know what stage the case is at mind you.

silverhibee
13-01-2017, 05:40 PM
I hear you.

Kind of similar to the guy who was charged with "religiously aggravated botp" when he attacked Lennon at Tynie; he was found not guilty. Whereas, if he'd been charged with assault or plain botp, he was guilty as hell.

And yet when several fans came on to the pitch to ( i can only assume ) attack Riordan with one of them making contact with the player the two that were arrested were charged with BOTP with one only being fined £300 when it was clear that an assault had taken place.

grammyb111
13-01-2017, 05:52 PM
And yet when several fans came on to the pitch to ( i can only assume ) attack Riordan with one of them making contact with the player the two that were arrested were charged with BOTP with one only being fined £300 when it was clear that an assault had taken place.

That's the thing, I think in Riordan's case it'd be much easier to prove assault yet they didn't go down that route, just makes it all the more surprising that it is what they seem to be doing in this case.

Bishop Hibee
13-01-2017, 05:53 PM

I reckon it's Victoria Coren.

Didn't miss an open goal :greengrin As for Victoria Coren, we'd all happily let her win our money off us :love ya!:

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 05:53 PM
They could, and certainly from most people's perspectives an assault charge looks a lot worse than one for breach of the peace but it might actually help his case for them to try to get it through as assault (which is harder to prove, especially in the light of Kenny Shiels' comments) and it may get thrown out. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was offered the change to plead guilty to breach of the peace (which he'd have to really) and let it go from there. Don't know what stage the case is at mind you.

Like you i'm very surprised at the alleged assault charge as per the much more commonly used botp causing fear and alarm when it looks as if no physical contact was made as appears the case here.

Unless of course there is other evidence in play we're not aware of.

The bit in bold is very probably the most likely scenario however in the meantime it would appear to the public that the msm was correct that a hun player/s were allegedly 'assaulted'.

silverhibee
13-01-2017, 05:56 PM
I can't see him being a willing one, but he (and several others) will have been leaned on very heavily indeed imo.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dean isn't even called as a witness for this case, a couple of security officers from Rangers making the complaint to the police and making sure they got there stories correct before they spoke to the police.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 05:57 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Dean isn't even called as a witness for this case, a couple of security officers from Rangers making the complaint to the police and making sure they got there stories correct before they spoke to the police.

He would be called as a witness for the defence in that scenario.

brog
13-01-2017, 06:01 PM

Not if you're Rob Kiernan apparently!

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 06:14 PM

Happy New Year to you bud and all the very best for '17 mate - down to my last tub of quality street so I'm a bit low at present 😀

That's why I questioned Dean's involvement - simply can't see him giving police a statement but who knows.

Again, I play devils advocate and say Hibs fans were assaulted on the pitch too so I'd want the people doing that identified and investigated. Scottish Government and the previous Chief of Police Scotland made a name for themselves by targeting football a few years ago - on the day though I think the police showed classic niavety in not anticipating the outpouring of joy on the final whistle - they said, once a pitch invasion starts its difficult to control. I wanted the players to be on the pitch so for me it spoiled the day ever so slightly.

T In The Park - tell me about it, my eldest was there. With that being a 3 day event, and the type of event it is, there's always going to be bother. My lad told me similar stories as you've outlined - he did however praise the police and first aid staff - after he fell asleep in the rain drunk and had to have one of those foil 'I'm baltic' sheets over him pre hypothermia 😀.

I do wonder how much this enquiry is costing though - millions for sure.

Walter
13-01-2017, 06:21 PM
That's the thing, I think in Riordan's case it'd be much easier to prove assault yet they didn't go down that route, just makes it all the more surprising that it is what they seem to be doing in this case.

Go with assault - it's assault by menaces - go with the higher charge and get it pled down to botp.

I'll not be seeing you on PS4 tonight, Away for the weekend so no east coast fisters

Vini1875
13-01-2017, 06:27 PM
7 months of a Police investigation/witch-hunt and this is the best they can do. It is an absolute waste of money. I can't help but wonder why this is being continued and I can't think of any other trouble at a game which has continued to be investigated like this.

If the huns had won and ran on the park, I bet it would all be forgotten by now.

Onion
13-01-2017, 06:29 PM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15023304.Rangers_supporter_who_kicked_Hibs_fan_dur ing_Scottish_Cup_final_pitch_invasion_jailed_for_n ine_months/

Rangers visitor
13-01-2017, 06:29 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15023306.Rangers_supporter_who_kicked_Hibs_fan_dur ing_Scottish_Cup_final_pitch_invasion_jailed_for_n ine_months/

By Ashlie McAnally
A RANGERS supporter who kicked a Hibs fan after the Scottish Cup final last year during a pitch invasion, has been jailed for nine months.
Darren McDonald, 40, travelled from Ballymena, County Antrim to support his team when he was caught on camera after the match.

quite right t

Onion
13-01-2017, 06:33 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15023306.Rangers_supporter_who_kicked_Hibs_fan_dur ing_Scottish_Cup_final_pitch_invasion_jailed_for_n ine_months/

By Ashlie McAnally
A RANGERS supporter who kicked a Hibs fan after the Scottish Cup final last year during a pitch invasion, has been jailed for nine months.
Darren McDonald, 40, travelled from Ballymena, County Antrim to support his team when he was caught on camera after the match.

quite right t

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/rangers-fan-co-antrim-jailed-12452493

It was this guy.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 06:35 PM

By Ashlie McAnally

quite right t
That's a heavy sentence, I can only presume he had previous convictions. Is this the guy that was
well known in and around the club and was in the press calling for heavy sentences for hibs fans?

snooky
13-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Has the alleged 'Rangers official' who was videoed in assailant mode ever been identified and charged?
Never heard.

Stokesy's on fire
13-01-2017, 06:38 PM

He was charged with acting aggressively towards Foderingham, got a lifetime ban from Easter Road, and tagged. I believe the tag is now off. All for swearing at Foderingham, maybe pushing him, i dont know.

He then ran towards Shiels, who thought the lad was going to attack him, so called a steward and the steward intervened. He wasnt going to attack Dean. He wanted to shake his hand (apparently). No contact was made with Shiels. Deans dad, Kenny then done an interview and said that Dean was not touched by anybody at the end of the final.

The lads family have not reached out to Kennys club, to speak with him and get a statement saying that Dean wasnt touched.

I hope it's thrown out as it's utterly shocking.

Does anyone know if the police have pursed the Sevco fans who were making threats to him and his family?

Mr White
13-01-2017, 06:39 PM
That's a heavy sentence, I can only presume he had previous convictions. Is this the guy that was
well known in and around the club and was in the press calling for heavy sentences for hibs fans?

Different guy I think. IIRC this guy was identified in the press in Scotland and NI very quickly after the final and I'm sure I read sonewhere that he has previous convictions. I think it might be Gary Lenaghan, the vanguard bears tube you're thinking of?

indiejak1413
13-01-2017, 06:41 PM

It's an absolute joke..I know this lad and his family personally , he's gown up with all my sons and never been any bother. Typical over reaction by the authorities because they fu$%ed up on the day of the final.Nothing but a scapegoat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
13-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Has the alleged 'Rangers official' who was videoed in assailant mode ever been identified and charged?
Never heard.

Wondered the exact same it's hacking me off that the Sevco official has never been mentioned by our own club and there's actually evidence
Of him attacking a Hibee

Rangers visitor
13-01-2017, 06:45 PM

Not a clue, but I think you're right in saying the guy must have had previous
The point is all clubs have fans who are mental......so let's stop blaming each other

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Wondered the exact same it's hacking me off that the Sevco official has never been mentioned by our own club and there's actually evidence
Of him attacking a Hibee
If it's hacking you off, you can make a complaint. The Police would be duty bound to act on it.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
13-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Just telling you what he told me. No conspiracy, just a decision to make an example of Hibs fans who, by invading the pitch, raised some uncomfortable questions about how the police policed the final. I won't repeat some of the other stories he's told me about the polis as you probably wouldn't believe them either. Some mad stories about the public who appear before him too.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Different guy I think. IIRC this guy was identified in the press in Scotland and NI very quickly after the final and I'm sure I read sonewhere that he has previous convictions. I think it might be Gary Lenaghan, the vanguard bears tube you're thinking of?
aye that's the guy.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Not a clue, but I think you're right in saying the guy must have had previous
The point is all clubs have fans who are mental......so let's stop blaming each other
I agree all clubs have idiots. My problem is not with the idiots, it's with the way this has been reported in the press. Rangers have been allowed to dictate the tone due to the fact that they have so many friends in the media. I don't want to get into a game of whatabouterry, I just think that if the media hadn't blown things out of proportion then we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. I don't know how you feel about the way your club is being run, but from the outside looking in it looks like the board of rangers are trying to use every tactic available to them to deflect attention away from their own shortcomings. The statements released after the final being a prime example. They're playing a dangerous game imo.

silverhibee
13-01-2017, 07:18 PM
He would be called as a witness for the defence in that scenario.

Are you obliged to give evidence for the defence.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Are you obliged to give evidence for the defence.
If you're cited as a witness, and don't attend, you can be arrested.

Pretty sure that's the case for prosecution and defence witnesses.

snooky
13-01-2017, 07:29 PM
If it's hacking you off, you can make a complaint. The Police would be duty bound to act on it.

Given the scrutiny everybody else on the park seems have had from the SP, it is bewildering this incident appears to have been overlooked.
The fact that a registered complaint will be required to get the SP to activate an investigation speaks volumes about their chosen lines of focus, IMO.

Stokesy's on fire
13-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Given the scrutiny everybody else on the park seems have had from the SP, it is bewildering this incident appears to have been overlooked.
The fact that a registered complaint will be required to get the SP to activate an investigation speaks volumes about their chosen lines of focus, IMO.

Exactly!

greenginger
13-01-2017, 09:16 PM

The Rangers security guy who takes a swipe at the young Hibby is most likely a former Glasgow Polis.

Absolutely no chance of him being collared by his former colleagues .

Bostonhibby
13-01-2017, 09:33 PM
The Rangers security guy who takes a swipe at the young Hibby is most likely a former Glasgow Polis.

Absolutely no chance of him being collared by his former colleagues .
Not actually seen this but is there a clear image of it happening? If so it's straightforward to share a bit of the load and do the investigation for police Glasgow and highlight it for them

andyf5
13-01-2017, 09:55 PM
It's an absolute joke..I know this lad and his family personally , he's gown up with all my sons and never been any bother. Typical over reaction by the authorities because they fu$%ed up on the day of the final.Nothing but a scapegoat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I don't know him but totally agree. His first mistake was pleading guilty to abusive gestures towards Foderingham and then got the book thrown at him as they wanted "to make an example". Nearly every Rangers fan pled not guilty waiting months to have their case heard. Is it a coincidence his charge appears a day before the sentencing of a Rangers fan?

snooky
13-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Not actually seen this but is there a clear image of it happening? If so it's straightforward to share a bit of the load and do the investigation for police Glasgow and highlight it for them

There's a 20 sec video clip on the DR's site. Here's stills from the video at 16 seconds in.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2017, 10:11 PM
There's a 20 sec video clip on the DR's site. Here's stills from the video at 16 seconds in.
Jeez, so if you were looking at prosecution without fear or favour and doing it efficiently this is an easy high profile prosecution with quality images available. It's a lot worse looking than some of the stuff police Glasgow have been appealing to the public to help identify

marinello59
13-01-2017, 10:17 PM
I don't know him but totally agree. His first mistake was pleading guilty to abusive gestures towards Foderingham and then got the book thrown at him as they wanted "to make an example". Nearly every Rangers fan pled not guilty waiting months to have their case heard. Is it a coincidence his charge appears a day before the sentencing of a Rangers fan?

It's no coincidence at all. The *******s at Police Scotland are hanging him out to dry.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Does anyone actually know that he hasn't been charged?

For all we know, he's been charged, pled guilty and been fined.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 10:44 PM

Surely the story would have been in the daily record

snooky
13-01-2017, 10:47 PM

That was my original question, CWG.
You'd think if the gentleman concerned was associated with the SFA or TRFC and was charged, it would make the headlines ..... :hmmm: or maybe not. :shhhsh!:

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 10:47 PM
It's no coincidence at all. The *******s at Police Scotland are hanging him out to dry.

Police Scotland don't (nor can influence) court date sittings - that's the Clerk of the courts job. The lad was overtaken by emotion it's clear, but let's be realistic - we are all accountable for our own actions.

Knowing many many cops I'm sure they wanted home early and not having to deal with a pitch invasion with fighting.

Don't get me wrong marinello, I'd rather see police time tackling other things, but we made this an easy decision for them when fans invaded the pitch - those that committed offences, from both sides, have to take their punishment - that's not the police's fault.

Earlydelivery
13-01-2017, 11:05 PM
It looks like the rangers thug who kicked the young hibs fan sliding on his knees has been jailed for 9 months .

Earlydelivery
13-01-2017, 11:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38616676

worcesterhibby
13-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Police Scotland don't (nor can influence) court date sittings - that's the Clerk of the courts job. The lad was overtaken by emotion it's clear, but let's be realistic - we are all accountable for our own actions.

Knowing many many cops I'm sure they wanted home early and not having to deal with a pitch invasion with fighting.

Don't get me wrong marinello, I'd rather see police time tackling other things, but we made this an easy decision for them when fans invaded the pitch - those that committed offences, from both sides, have to take their punishment - that's not the police's fault.

I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish. The west coast police are and always have been a bunch of Rangers supporting Masons. This is a witch hunt.

Do I wish that there hadn't been a pitch invasion...yes

Would the same be happening if Sevco had won against another club and invaded the pitch...No

Sevco themselves, set the tone for this..with their baseless accusations of "every player being assaulted" they are liars and ****bags and the police are their henchmen.

Tom Hart RIP
13-01-2017, 11:14 PM
There has been over 100 arrested so none of us know whether this guy is one of them.
Legal experts will know better than me but I can't recall ever reading about anyone being charged with assaulting an unknown person so unless the cops know the identity of the Hibs fan who was kicked then I can't see him being charged with assault. Possible to charge him with a breach of the peace I suppose??

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish. The west coast police are and always have been a bunch of Rangers supporting Masons. This is a witch hunt.

Would the same be happening if Sevco had won against another club and invaded the pitch...No

Sevco themselves, set the tone for this..with their baseless accusations of "every player being assaulted" they are liars and ****bags and the police are their henchmen.

:top marks

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:20 PM

Maybe worth doing a FOI request and seeing how many The Rangers fans have been arrested. So far, I'd say more than Hibs.

Don't know your age, but I'll agree historically the police through there have been far more heavy handed over the decades I've been following Hibs.

But let's not go anywhere near 'conspiracy' theories - not only were the eyes of the world on Hampden by media, the stadium boasts some of the best CCTV in football.

If fingers of 'blame' are to be pointed I'd be firmly placing them in the direction of sections of the media who revelled in the aftermath. And sadly, in today's society, with social media and people's instant arrival at 'being outraged or offended', often the police are hamstrung and have to investigate incidents - or they themselves would be criticised.

I'm no fan of this enlarged enquiry mate - I'm merely pointing out those that those on the pitch that went beyond celebrating deserve penalty.

marinello59
13-01-2017, 11:21 PM

There's a witch hunt going on here. If it's not the police then who is driving it?

lucky
13-01-2017, 11:22 PM
For a decent lawyer then can I not suggest Donald Findlay QC.

You've obviously never met him. DF will defend anyone on anything as he truly believes that we all have the right to representation.

He's also one of the best after dinner speakers I've ever heard

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:23 PM
There's a witch hunt going on here. If it's not the police then who is driving it?

For me sections of the media mate - without doubt.

worcesterhibby
13-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Don't know your age, but I'll agree historically the police through there have been far more heavy handed over the decades I've been following Hibs.

I'm no fan of this enlarged enquiry mate - I'm merely pointing out those that those on the pitch that went beyond celebrating deserve penalty.

I'm 49 so was brought up in the 70's and 80's..and to be fair I haven't lived in Scotland full time since the early 90's maybe things have changed in the police.

If Hibs fans actually assaulted (punched or kicked) Rangers players then fair enough, but other than one swing and a miss I haven't seen any evidence of that. If you win the cup after a 114 year wait then you are sure due a celebratory pitch invasion. If you get beat after cheating your way to a dozen titles and then cheating businesses out of millions of pounds you should leave the ground quietly. The only reasons there was a disturbance on the pitch is that rangers losers couldn't take it and ran on as well. Without them it would have been a celebration, not a fight.

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:32 PM

I also said at the time marinello, Gordon Waddell, who was one of the most vocal in the media as being 'outraged', did anyone ever get clarification if he assisted police with their enquiries in providing statements to the assaults he witnessed ? Never got an answer. After all, I'd hope if he witnessed an assault in the street he'd pop in to a station and do the dutiful thing and report it given his clear moral stance on violence ?

Keith Jackson ? Never has answered any questions regards 'every The Rangers player assaulted' !

As Denzil Washington said 'practice enough you'll become good at it - including BS' !

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:36 PM
I'm 49 so was brought up in the 70's and 80's..and to be fair I haven't lived in Scotland full time since the early 90's maybe things have changed in the police.

If Hibs fans actually assaulted (punched or kicked) Rangers players then fair enough, but other than one swing and a miss I haven't seen any evidence of that. If you win the cup after a 114 year wait then you are sure due a celebratory pitch invasion. If you get beat after cheating your way to a dozen titles and then cheating businesses out of millions of pounds you should leave the ground quietly. The only reasons there was a disturbance on the pitch is that rangers losers couldn't take it and ran on as well. Without them it would have been a celebration, not a fight.

What I would say Worcester is that surely - surely - the police said before the event, 'what happens if Hibs win' ? Knowing the pent up emotion, it's THE game you'd expect delirium - so I agree with you in the sense that you could criticise them for being incredibly naive

snooky
13-01-2017, 11:49 PM
You've obviously never met him. DF will defend anyone on anything as he truly believes that we all have the right to representation.

You're lucky! (Sorry, couldn't resist that one :wink:)
Actually I've seen him as an after-dinner speaker and without doubt he was the worst I've ever witnessed.
Many in attendance that night would agree with me.

But let's get back on the subject .........

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2017, 11:52 PM

He only defends guilty folk and aims to get them off using the not proven verdict.

If I was on a jury and he was the defence lawyer I'd.have the defendant guilty before lunch.

No idea about his after dinner speaking.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 11:52 PM
It started with the media and is now being followed up by the police. It's an east v west thing. If the roles were reversed, we wouldn't be talking about this now. The article someone posted earlier n the thread about the Rangers fan who got 9 months is the first time I've read anything that named anyone as a Rangers fan.

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:58 PM
It started with the media and is now being followed up by the police. It's an east v west thing. If the roles were reversed, we wouldn't be talking about this now. The article someone posted earlier n the thread about the Rangers fan who got 9 months is the first time I've read anything that named anyone as a Rangers fan.

Who buys more papers LB ? There's your answer !

Media is the new currency of the world - I agree totally with you, the media fuelled it as they saw a cash cow - the police had no choice to investigate or they themselves would be media 'prey'.

I just wish folk wouldn't buy The Sun and The Daily Record - or The Daily Racist (Mail)

lord bunberry
14-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Who buys more papers LB ? There's your answer !

Media is the new currency of the world - I agree totally with you, the media fuelled it as they saw a cash cow - the police had no choice to investigate or they themselves would be media 'prey'.

I just wish folk wouldn't buy The Sun and The Daily Record - or The Daily Racist (Mail)
I used to buy the sun every day up until around 5 years ago and my dad used to be a daily record man during my youth. I'm just glad that we now have other forms of media to obtain our news. I don't agree with everyone on this site and I'm sure plenty don't agree with me, but there's no better place to find out about what's happening with our club. The days of the papers dictating narrative are thankfully over ggtth.

truehibernian
14-01-2017, 12:24 AM
I used to buy the sun every day up until around 5 years ago and my dad used to be a daily record man during my youth. I'm just glad that we now have other forms of media to obtain our news. I don't agree with everyone on this site and I'm sure plenty don't agree with me, but there's no better place to find out about what's happening with our club. The days of the papers dictating narrative are thankfully over ggtth.

Accuracy means nothing in the Scottish media LB - Five Live was good tonight (with Jenas and Yannick Bolasie) - as YB said, 'we can sit here talking for hours, only we know what's happening in the dressing room'.

Scottish media are timid - always have been - not one, not one journalist has taken on the sectarian issue - why ? It's widespread - if information is power then surely to eradicate a problem it should be front and back page every week ? The 'two cheeks' will always be media 'darlings' ! And they'll always influence where a football story goes sadly. Until football journalists gain bottle and start reporting what's happening off the pitch in the stands and not just on the pitch.

Mind, Regan and Doncaster could also grow a pair, as could UEFA - and ban them from Europe for their continued bigotry.......but hey, don't let a simple thing like that get in the way of money and sponsorship !

The Harp Awakes
14-01-2017, 12:39 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38616676

'The court heard that the momentum meant his leg made accidental contact with the Hibs fan's head or body.'

:faf: You really couldn’t make it up.

northstandhibby
14-01-2017, 12:44 AM
Accuracy means nothing in the Scottish media LB - Five Live was good tonight (with Jenas and Yannick Bolasie) - as YB said, 'we can sit here talking for hours, only we know what's happening in the dressing room'.

Scottish media are timid - always have been - not one, not one journalist has taken on the sectarian issue - why ? It's widespread - if information is power then surely to eradicate a problem it should be front and back page every week ? The 'two cheeks' will always be media 'darlings' ! And they'll always influence where a football story goes sadly. Until football journalists gain bottle and start reporting what's happening off the pitch in the stands and not just on the pitch.

Mind, Regan and Doncaster could also grow a pair, as could UEFA - and ban them from Europe for their continued bigotry.......but hey, don't let a simple thing like that get in the way of money and sponsorship !

:top marks

The biggest longstanding conspiracy of all time.

Don't mention sectarianism!!!

The Scottish Mainstream Media have colluded for a long long time to ensure sectarianism is alive and kicking.

Stand up Jabba, Gordon Waddell, Keith Jackson, Chic Young, Tam Cowan etcetera and of course Police Scotland. All of you have condoned sectarianism by ignoring it and the main offenders are of course the huns. Be proud of yourselves.

Glory Glory

BigT-Hibeez
14-01-2017, 12:52 AM
If the police have been pursuing this case I hope they aim to charge the Rangers fan for assaulting a young kid that was clear on numerous videos. Also the Rangers official who took a swinging kick aimed at a Hibs player but never connected. Again visible on the numerous videos post cup final. Instead this case against the Hibs fan gives the media and Rangers the moral high ground in making out Hibs fans are thugs etc.

That Irish animal who kicked the Hibs fan has just been jailed for it, surprisingly he's already in jail so his sentence will run concurrently.. ****!

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2017, 04:04 AM
'The court heard that the momentum meant his leg made accidental contact with the Hibs fan's head or body.'

Just about to post this!

What the actual f***?!?

How can they even.....

pacorosssco
14-01-2017, 05:08 AM

Scottish media is masonic.Sad but true. Wasnt big Spiers fan but he tried shin light rangers. Lost his job with one phone call. The cup final was proof machine still live and kicking.

CentreLine
14-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Just about to post this!

What the actual f***?!?

How can they even.....

Happily not. The article is clear that his sentence will run consecutively. It says the sentence will commence when his current sentence is completed.

JimBHibees
14-01-2017, 08:22 AM

To be fair Graham Spiers and Tom English frequently criticise it however they are the rare exceptions.

Tyler Durden
14-01-2017, 08:28 AM

You do have to question the way that BBC report has been written. Why do they choose to highlight apparent "Accidental Contact".

He ran over to kick someone on the ground. His leg slipped and rather than kick the lad his leg made accidental contact?! Why highlight what is clearly nonsense?

CentreLine
14-01-2017, 09:06 AM
You do have to question the way that BBC report has been written. Why do they choose to highlight apparent "Accidental Contact".

He ran over to kick someone on the ground. His leg slipped and rather than kick the lad his leg made accidental contact?! Why highlight what is clearly nonsense?

They highlight it to emphasise that it is nonsense. It is the excuse that the bloke came up with in court and, the way I read it, they are reporting that but the quotes are the equivalent of a raised eyebrow :tsk tsk:

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2017, 09:16 AM

He's also a 100% bigot, caught on video singing one of sevco's party tunes at if my memory serves me right, one of those after dinner do's.

I have seen his name mentioned as defending some folk who were caught red handed and clearly guilty. I know everyone is entitled to a defence in court, but i do wonder how barristers like him can obviously try and defend the indefensible?

Money is probably the same whether you win or lose i suppose? :dunno:

Earlydelivery
14-01-2017, 09:19 AM
He's also a 100% bigot, caught on video singing one of sevco's party tunes at if my memory serves me right, one of those after dinner do's.

I have seen his name mentioned as defending some folk who were caught red handed and clearly guilty. I know everyone is entitled to a defence in court, but i do wonder how barristers like him can obviously try and defend the indefensible?

Horrible man and horrible bigot

Tyler Durden
14-01-2017, 09:37 AM
They highlight it to emphasise that it is nonsense. It is the excuse that the bloke came up with in court and, the way I read it, they are reporting that but the quotes are the equivalent of a raised eyebrow :tsk tsk:

🤔 I guess you're right.

Maybe better worded to say "he claimed" rather than "the court heard"??

I'm not normally on the BBC paranoia bandwagon but found this a curious approach

Steve-O
14-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Defence counsel is not simply a lawyer saying their client didn't do it. They're representing them in court, ensuring the process is correct, trying to get a more lenient sentence etc etc. Even if someone pleads guilty, they'll generally still be represented in court.

Killiehibbie
14-01-2017, 11:26 AM

Money is probably the same whether you win or lose i suppose? :dunno:Just a big game of legal chess with the pawns in the dock.

Smartie
14-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Just a big game of legal chess with the pawns in the dock.

The pawns are free to defend themselves if they wish.

I'd rather law and order was there than not there, although it can appear bewildering and unfair at times.

Killiehibbie
14-01-2017, 12:34 PM
The pawns are free to defend themselves if they wish.

I'd rather law and order was there than not there, although it can appear bewildering and unfair at times.Not easy if you don't know the rules. Done it at district court instead of paying £400 for a lawyer. Maximum fine was £200 so I thought why not and case was thrown out. Twice the clerk asked if I wanted to go and get legal advice. Wouldn't dream of trying it in a higher court.

Joe6-2
14-01-2017, 04:10 PM

This, hypocritical b*****ds

Northernhibee
14-01-2017, 04:48 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/303532-rangers-fan-jailed/?page=1 - horrible, horrible club.

RIP
14-01-2017, 05:00 PM
FROM THE HERALD;

Teenager to stand trial for allegedly assaulting former Rangers player Dean Shiels at Scottish Cup final. A teenager is due to stand trial for allegedly assaulting former Rangers player Dean Shiels at the Scottish Cup final last year.

Greig Binnie, 19, allegedly acted aggressively towards the player and “uttered abusive remarks” towards him at Hampden Park when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2. The alleged offence is contrary to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. Binnie from Ratho, Edinburgh, is also accused of assaulting Shiels by “seizing hold” of the player at Hampden Park. He appeared yesterday (Thurs) at Glasgow Sheriff Court where he denied the charge. A trial is set for next month.

Wrong spelling of Greig/Greg but otherwise, same.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36607936

Lago
14-01-2017, 07:57 PM
That Irish animal who kicked the Hibs fan has just been jailed for it, surprisingly he's already in jail so his sentence will run concurrently.. ****!

No he will start it on completion of his current prison time.

Hibs Class
14-01-2017, 09:05 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/303532-rangers-fan-jailed/?page=1 - horrible, horrible club.

rangers media is like a board full of Donald Trumps, thin-skinned self narcissists who are completely detached from reality and have somehow convinced themselves that they are the victims in every situation.

Kavinho
14-01-2017, 10:01 PM

The standout but for me is the choice of image to accompany the story (The police line on the hallway line & thousands of Hibs fans).

Yet, go to the Belfast Herald, and they are using the photo of the moment of the assault (pink t-shirt, mid-slip, bout in full swing).

Now there can be no legitimate reason that I can think of that would explain the BBC's unwillingness to use the available image of the exact subject of the case, and instead went with the image of Hibs fans and police.

Any guesses ?

Bostonhibby
14-01-2017, 10:44 PM
The standout but for me is the choice of image to accompany the story (The police line on the hallway line & thousands of Hibs fans).

Yet, go to the Belfast Herald, and they are using the photo of the moment of the assault (pink t-shirt, mid-slip, bout in full swing).

Now there can be no legitimate reason that I can think of that would explain the BBC's unwillingness to use the available image of the exact subject of the case, and instead went with the image of Hibs fans and police.

Any guesses ?
The masonic wing of the BBC'S annual show Hibs in the worst possible light competition just cranked up another level?

Haymaker
15-01-2017, 03:01 PM
That FF thread can't be serious.

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Wow ........ Victims FC is so appropriate. What an utter, utter pile of paranoid self deluding pish :faf:

There does appear to be one trying to talk sense into them and the poor bugger is getting absolutely slaughtered ... the question is, what the hell is somebody with a brain doing wasting their time even trying to talk to the knuckle dragging morons who populate that cesspit of a forum ...... it makes Jumbo Sickbag look like the Oxford Union debating society?

Oh and the way they refer to themselves as 'Bears' ....... a nickname only works if everybody else recognises it .... Hibby, Jambo, Sheep, Arab, Buddie etc ...... I cant understand why they cant just use Hun so we all know who they are talking about :lolrangers:

marinello59
15-01-2017, 05:59 PM
That FF thread can't be serious.

They are merely repeating the narrative laid out for them by the gangsters runng their club. Rotten from top to bottom.

andyf5
15-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Wrong spelling of Greig/Greg but otherwise, same.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36607936

Yes Greg got the following sentence for making offensive gestures to Wes Foderingham "240 hours of unpaid work in six months, and a two-month restriction of liberty order. ( stay in his home between 20:00 and 06:00 for two months.) and a two year football banning order". It's been mentioned elsewhere by people in the know about the abuse his family have suffered after that first "conviction" . The authorities need to make an example of someone from the Hibs support. How has it taken 7 months to identify Greg for a second charge?

silverhibee
10-02-2017, 08:56 PM
FROM THE HERALD;

What a waste of f***ing money

'I used to love you, f****** Judas': Hibs fan admits ranting at Rangers star Dean Shiels during Cup Final rammy
Greig Binnie ran towards the former Hibernian midfielder as he made his way to the player's tunnel and verbally abused the player over his switch in allegiances.
A Hibs fan has been admonished after he admitted hurling abuse at Rangers player Dean Shiels during the pitch invasion at last year’s Scottish Cup Final.

Greig Binnie, 20, ran towards the midfielder as the ex-Hibs player made his way to the players' tunnel shouting aggressively.

He told th former Easter Road hero: “I used to love you, f****** Judas”.
Binnie pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to acting in an aggressive manner towards the player, contrary to the Offensive Behavior at Football Act on May 21 last year at Hampden Park.

The landscape gardener, from Ratho, Edinburgh, was one of the first men to appear in court in relation to the match last year.

He previously admitted running on to the pitch and making an offensive, two-finger gesture towards Ramgers goalie Wes Foderingham.
Binnie, a squash coach at George Watson’s college at the time, was given a community payback order to carry out 240 hours of unpaid work and a two-year football banning order.

He lost his employment and an internship with the SFA as a result of his conduct.

Sheriff Brian Cameron said: “Albeit that your behaviour was deplorable, offensive and threatening and I’m sure not at all pleasant for Mr Shiels, I have come to the view it forms part of the same conduct as the previous matter.
“For that reason it would be unjust for me to impose a sentence therefore I am going to admonish you.”

The pitch invasion at the end of the match when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in May last year saw scenes which shamed Scotland.

Procurator fiscal depute Derek Buchanan told the court: “There was quite significant disorder at the end of the match.

“The player in question started walking onwards the players' tunnel and became aware of somebody who turned out to be the accused running towards him.

“He was aggressive in his nature, running up shouting “f****** Judas c***” and similar phrases.
Defence lawyer James Stewart said his client lost his course with the SFA and his job as a result of the last court case.

And, that the two incidents happened “within seconds” of one another.

He added that had all the information been available at the time the matters would have been dealt with together.

ancient hibee
10-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Clearly "Sheriffspeak" for "why am I wasting time on this".No doubt much more pleasant for the polis than having to catch murderers,drug dealers and pimps though no doubt some of those arrested from the other lot may fall into one of these categories.

Captain Trips
10-02-2017, 09:10 PM
The only disgrace is the money and time spent on this utter pish.

andyf5
10-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Clearly "Sheriffspeak" for "why am I wasting time on this".No doubt much more pleasant for the polis than having to catch murderers,drug dealers and pimps though no doubt some of those arrested from the other lot may fall into one of these categories.

Common sense prevails. The sentence he got for acting aggressively to Wes Foderinham was OTT in my opinion. They had to make an example of someone.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2017, 09:20 PM

'I used to love you, f****** Judas': Hibs fan admits ranting at Rangers star Dean Shiels during Cup Final rammy
Greig Binnie ran towards the former Hibernian midfielder as he made his way to the player's tunnel and verbally abused the player over his switch in allegiances.
A Hibs fan has been admonished after he admitted hurling abuse at Rangers player Dean Shiels during the pitch invasion at last year’s Scottish Cup Final.

Greig Binnie, 20, ran towards the midfielder as the ex-Hibs player made his way to the players' tunnel shouting aggressively.

Binnie pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to acting in an aggressive manner towards the player, contrary to the Offensive Behavior at Football Act on May 21 last year at Hampden Park.

The landscape gardener, from Ratho, Edinburgh, was one of the first men to appear in court in relation to the match last year.

He previously admitted running on to the pitch and making an offensive, two-finger gesture towards Ramgers goalie Wes Foderingham.
Binnie, a squash coach at George Watson’s college at the time, was given a community payback order to carry out 240 hours of unpaid work and a two-year football banning order.

He lost his employment and an internship with the SFA as a result of his conduct.

Sheriff Brian Cameron said: “Albeit that your behaviour was deplorable, offensive and threatening and I’m sure not at all pleasant for Mr Shiels, I have come to the view it forms part of the same conduct as the previous matter.
“For that reason it would be unjust for me to impose a sentence therefore I am going to admonish you.”

The pitch invasion at the end of the match when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in May last year saw scenes which shamed Scotland.

Procurator fiscal depute Derek Buchanan told the court: “There was quite significant disorder at the end of the match.

“The player in question started walking onwards the players' tunnel and became aware of somebody who turned out to be the accused running towards him.

“He was aggressive in his nature, running up shouting “f****** Judas c***” and similar phrases.
Defence lawyer James Stewart said his client lost his course with the SFA and his job as a result of the last court case.

He added that had all the information been available at the time the matters would have been dealt with together.
Yep. Isn't "seizing hold" what the sinister fat looking west of Scotland supporter did to the child who was on the pitch with the Hibs fan?

How's the prosecution of the potential offences there going?

Pretty Boy
10-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Mental that this got so far.

Not condoning the guys behaviour if events transpired as described but he's already been pretty heavily punished. To have him back in court again just smacks of a petty vendetta imo.

Hopefully he can move on with his life now.

One Day
10-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Acted aggressively and abusive remarks. In that case I think i just assaulted someone in the Easyjet Call Centre:confused:

Brilliant

ballengeich
10-02-2017, 09:44 PM
The guy's been very heavily punished for what he did, wrong though his actions were. To lose your job for a gesture and a bit of swearing is really harsh. Is there anyone posting here who'd be employed if that happened generally? I hope he can recover from this.

More generally, no-one has been convicted of a physical attack on any Rangers players and there is no evidence of any of them being physically harmed. Some of the things that were claimed after the final seem to have had no reality behind them.

Jonnyboy
10-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Really????

andyf5
10-02-2017, 09:53 PM
More generally, no-one has been convicted of a physical attack on any Rangers players and there is no evidence of any of them being physically harmed. Some of the things that were claimed after the final seem to have had no reality behind them.

Two hibs fans have been convicted of assault. One for a push on Andy Halliday and the other for attempting to punch Lee Wallace and Jason Holt. There is no record of any medical assistance needed for any player.

ancient hibee
10-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Two hibs fans have been convicted of assault. One for a push on Andy Halliday and the other for attempting to punch Lee Wallace and Jason Holt. There is no record of any medical assistance needed for any player.
Only one fan has been jailed.Which club did he support again?

ballengeich
10-02-2017, 10:13 PM

Thanks. I didn't realise there'd been any convictions. It still shows that the claims about widespread attacks on Rangers players are unsupported by facts.

andyf5
10-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Only one fan has been jailed.Which club did he support again?

Most of the Rangers fans denied charges and had trial dates set for this year so more to follow. Hibs fans generally admitted offensive behaviour and got fines.

ancient hibee
10-02-2017, 10:22 PM
This one was clearly a master criminal ,knocked out,wakes up,arrested,four months.Feeling as a West of Scotland supporter he may have been a known face.

lord bunberry
10-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Mental that this got so far.

Not condoning the guys behaviour if events transpired as described but he's already been pretty heavily punished. To have him back in court again just smacks of a petty vendetta imo.

Hopefully he can move on with his life now.
I heard he has got an even better job than the one he was sacked from. Every cloud and all that :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Most of the Rangers fans denied charges and had trial dates set for this year so more to follow. Hibs fans generally admitted offensive behaviour and got fines.
Going to be some interesting defences. In some cases but but wearrapeepul probably won't be enough.

ballengeich
10-02-2017, 10:52 PM
This one was clearly a master criminal ,knocked out,wakes up,arrested,four months.Feeling as a West of Scotland supporter he may have been a known face.

Was he the one who appeared in court from a prison address in Norn Ireland? I vaguely remember reading about another jailed West of Scotland supporter that he'd been goaded on twenty previous occasions - might have been a different individual.

silverhibee
10-02-2017, 11:26 PM
Really????

I only copied and pasted it J. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
10-02-2017, 11:35 PM
I only copied and pasted it J. :thumbsup:

I know :greengrin It was just the "shamed Scotland" thing that got to me :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-02-2017, 11:56 PM
I know :greengrin It was just the "shamed Scotland" thing that got to me :greengrin

:agree: Its when you see all the Norn irn types, West of Scotland FC and Scottish cup supporters all waving their Union Jacks, Red hands, occasionally sporting the England top and singing about the Queen whose tax collectors they bumped that most patriotic Scots really do start to be ashamed.

They're in the wrong country.

weecounty hibby
11-02-2017, 12:09 AM
:agree: Its when you see all the Norn irn types, West of Scotland FC and Scottish cup supporters all waving their Union Jacks, Red hands, occasionally sporting the England top and singing about the Queen whose tax collectors they bumped that most patriotic Scots really do start to be ashamed.

They're in the wrong country.
They're in the wrong century!!!

Bostonhibby
11-02-2017, 12:12 AM
They're in the wrong century!!!

Aye, that too.