PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Future bright

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 02:39 PM
This season - Win Championship, pay another £500k back to Sir Tom, Keep all players we want to keep and attract new ones before next season starts.

Next Season - 13,000 season ticket holders, 2,000 walk up plus away supporters, fighting for 3rd place Premier finish but will accept 5th.
After that season finishes we lose Cummings and McGinn for £7 million. Pay St Mirren & Sir Tom off. Left with £5 million to spend.
Sort out the PA in the East and any other stadium maintenance stuff for £500k.
Buy the next McGinn and Cummings plus 3 good players for Season 2018/19 season.

Hope Leanne sticks around for all this don't want Rod buying **** cheap players.

What do you think?

Waxy
12-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Season 2019/20 Fill in corners and challenge for league.

Keith_M
12-01-2017, 02:45 PM
I say no to investing in new players, let's build a third tier on the West Stand and fill in some of the corners.

Since90+2
12-01-2017, 02:50 PM
We are in a fairly good place at the moment but things can change quickly in football.

Who knows how we will get on next season in the Premiership (on the basis we are likely to be promoted) as there is not alot between the teams apart from Celtic. I could see us finishing anywhere from 3rd to 9th and nothing would surprise me.

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 02:59 PM
This season - Win Championship, pay another £500k back to Sir Tom, Keep all players we want to keep and attract new ones before next season starts.

Next Season - 13,000 season ticket holders, 2,000 walk up plus away supporters, fighting for 3rd place Premier finish but will accept 5th.
After that season finishes we lose Cummings and McGinn for £7 million. Pay St Mirren & Sir Tom off. Left with £5 million to spend.

Hope Leanne sticks around for all this don't want Rod buying **** cheap players.

What do you think?
Can we use the $500k to pay back STF to sort out the PA instead?

bod
12-01-2017, 04:14 PM
lets sell out ER on a regular basis before there's any talk of filling in corners or building 3rd tiers

KWJ
12-01-2017, 04:16 PM
lets sell out ER on a regular basis before there's any talk of filling in corners or building 3rd tiers

Besides, gotta be a retractable roof and massive 4K screen first.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Seems a bit too good to be true

Hibernia&Alba
12-01-2017, 04:18 PM

What do you think?

In a perfect world, definitely. Yet something still tells me this Hibs, and the keek hits the fan at some point :greengrin

WeAreHibs
12-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Besides, gotta be a retractable roof and massive 4K screen first.

Helipad, you forgot the damn helipad!

Ozyhibby
12-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Helipad, you forgot the damn helipad!

Forgot? Or incorporated into retractable roof? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canon Hannan
12-01-2017, 04:57 PM

What do you think?

Love the positive attitude.
As long as we keep Leanne and open the FF to Ultras 😂👍

SteveHFC
12-01-2017, 05:01 PM

What do you think?

Would much rather we signed Malonga again than any of this happening.

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 05:13 PM
My only concern is that some of the less robust fans lose interest and drift away again after a couple of seasons in the Premier.

Hopefully with no debt and good attendances we will be able to keep them interested with new players signed up when required.
It might also help that Hearts & Aberdeen performances will be hampered for some time as they pay for their new stands.

Michael
12-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Need build some more exits from the east! Can't be that expensive surely.

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 05:22 PM

:top marksGreat idea.
Rest of stadium empty whilst 1000 folk still waiting to escape the East

Keith_M
12-01-2017, 05:26 PM

It's short sightedness like that that's been holding this club back for years.

I fully expect you to be also against the building of the giant TV screen and the helipad as well.

:bitchy:

snooky
12-01-2017, 05:36 PM
This season - Win Championship, ......

End of. The rest can wait.

Hibernia&Alba
12-01-2017, 05:39 PM

SPL, Europa League then Champions League. Ten year plan. Gotta think big now we've won the Scottish :agree:

Ardenttwo
12-01-2017, 05:57 PM

Lets concentrate on beating Dumbarton on Saturday

Waxy
12-01-2017, 06:05 PM

How about some flying foxes from the top of the east straight out the gap between the N and W?

AZhibee
12-01-2017, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4905628]Forgot? Or incorporated into retractable roof? [emoji3]

Thought there was already a retractable roof but club likes to keep it open all the time for the sunshine on Leith.

fiolex1
12-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Convert the 400,000 over the road to Hibbys

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 06:42 PM
How about some flying foxes from the top of the east straight out the gap between the N and W?

Even at my age I would be up for that but it wouldn't get enough folk out in sufficient numbers.
What about a flume?

southern hibby
12-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Fill corners in and during non football season turn ER into a swimming pool, Then we could all get Baptised in the church of Hibs then go for a swim afterwards.

GGTTH

Deansy
12-01-2017, 07:03 PM
In a perfect world, definitely. Yet something still tells me this Hibs, and the keek hits the fan at some point :greengrin

As a seasoned Hibee I agree with you wholeheartedly - past-masters of 'Shooting yourself in the foot' !

stoneyburn hibs
12-01-2017, 07:11 PM

No thanks. Keep the riff raff of the East well away from the West.

lord bunberry
12-01-2017, 07:16 PM
No thanks. Keep the riff raff of the East well away from the West.
Nimby :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
12-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Nimby :greengrin

I had to google that 😁

Ardenttwo
12-01-2017, 07:30 PM

Lets concentrate on beating Dumbarton on Saturday

cmcd
12-01-2017, 07:58 PM

What do you think?

When did Rod start signing players ??

Sammy7nil
12-01-2017, 08:31 PM

I fully expect you to be also against the building of the giant TV screen and the helipad as well.

I think we need 4 hellipads one is just being sbortsighted, we could have them beside the 3 horse swimming pools and the replica Disney Castle.

Lancs Harp
12-01-2017, 08:39 PM
After rejecting Rantics attempts to join the English pyramid system for the umpteenth time, Hibs are immediatley accepted to the Premier League where we achieve a premier, FA Cup and league cup treble at the first attempt. The following season we trance Barca in the Champions League final played at the Nou camp, a Nou camp engulfed in green by 50,000 Hibs fans followed by a pitch invasion and complaints of assualt coming from Glasgow.

Happy Days:flag:

Is It On....
12-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Convert the 400,000 over the road to Hibbys

400,000 and growing..

IanM
13-01-2017, 06:41 AM

What do you think?

Get beat on Saturday and we're doomed I tell you, doomed

eastcoasthibby
13-01-2017, 07:48 AM

Exactly right nice to have dreams of some of the others and be positive but we are not out of this league yet ! Every game needs maximum effort and support from players and fans , I think we will need to invest in players if we go up , bigger wages for those out of contract that we want to keep and potentially 5-6 New ones in to fill gaps of leavers and also improve in areas we need to ! So we definitely need an increase in ST's again to just keep us going forward. A good run in the Scottish this season would help again a lot !!
Filling in corners I think is 4-5 years away we need to pro e we need them !!

itslegaltender
13-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Exactly right nice to have dreams of some of the others and be positive but we are not out of this league yet ! Every game needs maximum effort and support from players and fans , I think we will need to invest in players if we go up , bigger wages for those out of contract that we want to keep and potentially 5-6 New ones in to fill gaps of leavers and also improve in areas we need to ! So we definitely need an increase in ST's again to just keep us going forward. A good run in the Scottish this season would help again a lot !!
Filling in corners I think is 4-5 years away we need to pro e we need them !!

All money should be invested in sorting out the untidy area between touchline and East Stand, its really getting on my thrupnenny's.

Keith_M
13-01-2017, 09:11 AM
What I want to know is, when are we gonna get Cheerleaders?

Surely if there's any spare money going round, it has to be spent on this.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Eagles-Cheerleaders.jpg

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 09:16 AM

Prefer blondes myself but fair doos.

:agree:

Keith_M
13-01-2017, 09:17 AM

So you would say no to one of those young ladies?

:wink:

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 09:19 AM
So you would say no to one of those young ladies?

One of them would have to say yes to me first and I think my tasche and beard and craggy features would generate a no!!!

But yes of course.

Keith_M
13-01-2017, 09:36 AM
One of them would have to say yes to me first and I think my tasche and beard and craggy features would generate a no!!!

But yes of course.

You're in luck, cos the one at the front just loves guys with craggy features and beards.

Oh and she's called Randy

:greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
13-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Filling in the corners, as the current footprint allows would give us a max capacity of around 23,500. The only corner that could be fully filled in (both lower and upper tiers) is obviously the NE corner as room is aplenty there. Within this corner I would have a new ticket office and megastore.

The NW and SE corners can only be filled in on the lower concorse due to roads ect. These two corners would have the jumbotron screens, positioned above the seating (Ibrox style) this would be class. The SE corner could also host new TV studios as there is slightly more room than in the opposing NW corner. The NW corner would have a passage way for vehicles to access the pitch (old ticket office would be demolished).

As for the remaining SW corner, you would think that could be fully filled in both top and bottom tiers but I don't think that is fully possible at the moment due to proximity of other buildings/roads ect. So again just a lower tier of seating but we could have rows of exclusive corporate boxes positioned above the seating, a bit like Craven Cottage only much better. Anderlecht have this in a corner of their stadium and it works really well.

So there you have it. 23,500 fully enclosed, much emproved match day experience with screens, ticket office, megastore ect and posh corporate boxes for the well heeled.
No idea what that would cost and pure fantasy at the moment but maybe 10 years from now?

Smartie
13-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Do we now have a generation of fans who have only experienced Hibs under Petrie and look upon good times as being an opportunity to sell our best players and invest in infrastructure projects?

I honestly can't see the sense in any of these crazy notions of increasing our capacity - how often have we sold our ground out, and how often do we really see ourselves doing this again in the near future?

Why do we want to fill in the corners? I don't understand why folk are so obsessed by this.

The helipad I understand, but up to this point Jim Duffy has been the only person who has really expressed any interest in arriving at ER by helicopter. Hopefully we'll be promoted to a higher league than Morton soon, thus leaving a helipad largely redundant.

Unless it made it easier for Leigh to arrive by jetpack.................

houstonhibbee
13-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Filling in the corners, as the current footprint allows would give us a max capacity of around 23,500. The only corner that could be fully filled in (both lower and upper tiers) is obviously the NE corner as room is aplenty there. Within this corner I would have a new ticket office and megastore.

The NW and SE corners can only be filled in on the lower concorse due to roads ect. These two corners would have the jumbotron screens, positioned above the seating (Ibrox style) this would be class. The SE corner could also host new TV studios as there is slightly more room than in the opposing NW corner. The NW corner would have a passage way for vehicles to access the pitch (old ticket office would be demolished).

As for the remaining SW corner, you would think that could be fully filled in both top and bottom tiers but I don't think that is fully possible at the moment due to proximity of other buildings/roads ect. So again just a lower tier of seating but we could have rows of exclusive corporate boxes positioned above the seating, a bit like Craven Cottage only much better. Anderlecht have this in a corner of their stadium and it works really well.

So there you have it. 23,500 fully enclosed, much emproved match day experience with screens, ticket office, megastore ect and posh corporate boxes for the well heeled.
No idea what that would cost and pure fantasy at the moment but maybe 10 years from now?

Probably around 5 million

Renfrew_Hibby
13-01-2017, 05:02 PM
No I agree Smartie. Team on the pitch comes first, only a wee bit of day dreaming from me!
What if the club could grow so that both the team and the infrastructure grow together?

houstonhibbee
13-01-2017, 05:06 PM
No I agree Smartie. Team on the pitch comes first, only a wee bit of day dreaming from me!
What if the club could grow so that both the team and the infrastructure grow together?
I think we would need several years of sustained success on the pitch combined with profits to have the confidence to make major outlay on infrastructure instead continued investment on the playing side. Selling young talent to pay for wish list infrastructure items would not be well received and won't happen.

Smartie
13-01-2017, 05:22 PM

To see them grow together would be the ideal.

Day dreaming is perfectly reasonable but unfortunately I'm an ultra-cynical realist.

How far as a club can we go? How big can we be? And even in our wildest dreams, what kind of infrastructure would we want for that?

IMO we've got quite a way to go until our crowds would justify increasing our capacity. We would need to be challenging the OF on a regular basis and possibly even have won the league for us to run out of capacity. And I just can't see it happening.

I'd like the sound system to be better. I'd like to see the return of safe standing, if it were to be at all possible.

But I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I am 100% content with the facilities at ER and I don't know what more Hibs can do regarding infrastructure to improve that.

It's all about the team for me. We suffered to build what we already have, when other clubs weren't prepared to make the sacrifice.

We did all of that for a reason, and that was so we could get it out of the way and be happy that all our efforts would be channelled into the team for the foreseeable future, certainly until the stands need to be knocked down and rebuilt.

Eyrie
13-01-2017, 06:49 PM

Maybe I was too high up in the stands, but I didn't really notice the cheerleaders when I was at the Linc.

I'm also hoping Hibs have a more successful season than my Eagles managed.

Just Alf
13-01-2017, 09:28 PM

You'll be pleased with our new additions then...

Saturday Boy
13-01-2017, 09:31 PM

They sit in the FF upper, section 25. I still can't understand why it's last to sell out ;-)

northstandhibby
13-01-2017, 09:41 PM

Very pleasing indeed!!!

:greengrin

Glory Glory

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 09:44 PM
I had to google that 😁
Ha ha.

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 09:46 PM
All money should be invested in sorting out the untidy area between touchline and East Stand, its really getting on my thrupnenny's.
Oh that annoys me as well. Sell Cummings and get it sorted. :greengrin

lord bunberry
13-01-2017, 09:50 PM
I think we would need several years of sustained success on the pitch combined with profits to have the confidence to make major outlay on infrastructure instead continued investment on the playing side. Selling young talent to pay for wish list infrastructure items would not be well received and won't happen.
Rubbish! What we need to do is invest in the match day experience. Dancing girls, Michelin star food at half time and the return of the tablet and macaroon man would see the crowds flock to the holy ground.

Saturday Boy
13-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Oh that annoys me as well. Sell Cummings and get it sorted. :greengrin

We should never have let Jason Gardiner go

Waxy
13-01-2017, 09:59 PM

If we had cheerleaders they wouldnt look like this. These are Champions league cheerleaders. Scottish championship cheerleaders would have the wobbles all over.

houstonhibbee
13-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Rubbish! What we need to do is invest in the match day experience. Dancing girls, Michelin star food at half time and the return of the tablet and macaroon man would see the crowds flock to the holy ground.
sorry you're right:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
13-01-2017, 10:19 PM

Seriously, how sexist is that! Where is it? Frilly knickers with a tiny wee skirt that doesn't even cover them? You'd never get away with it over here :greengrin

houstonhibbee
13-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Seriously, how sexist is that! Where is it? Frilly knickers with a tiny wee skirt that doesn't even cover them? You'd never get away with it over here :greengrin
In America its just part of the christian religion.......

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Do we now have a generation of fans who have only experienced Hibs under Petrie and look upon good times as being an opportunity to sell our best players and invest in infrastructure projects?

I honestly can't see the sense in any of these crazy notions of increasing our capacity - how often have we sold our ground out, and how often do we really see ourselves doing this again in the near future?

Why do we want to fill in the corners? I don't understand why folk are so obsessed by this.

The helipad I understand, but up to this point Jim Duffy has been the only person who has really expressed any interest in arriving at ER by helicopter. Hopefully we'll be promoted to a higher league than Morton soon, thus leaving a helipad largely redundant.

Unless it made it easier for Leigh to arrive by jetpack.................

Its all about atmosphere for me ..... I don't think Hibs will ever fill in the corners with seats for the simple reason that ER is big enough to take the vast majority of our crowds and there is little point in adding seats to accommodate those few times that we could get a crowd of over 20,000.

Its probably a stretch hoping the club will spend millions filling in the corners with buildings, that's highly unlikely in the short to medium term unless those structures could show a return for the money invested, but on the other hand I don't see why we couldn't extend the side walls of the FF and the South to connect with the West and East stands and the roofs of the FF and South be extended likewise to connect with the roofs these two stands.

It bugs the hell out of me that the two end stands are so far back from the side stands, it prevents the stadium from having the enclosed feel that would make it far more intimidating for visiting teams. One of the theories going about during our long slow demise following the 2007 League cup final was that ER was far too 'nice' a place for visiting teams and I for one don't think that has changed much, as witness the seemingly endless threads and discussions about improving the atmosphere.

As far as I can see all that would be required is another 4 vertical girders, one in each corner, to enable the Perspex to be extended from one stand to another and I doubt it would be that expensive to extend the stand roofs by 3 or 4 metres. In fact looking at this picture you probably wouldn't even need the extra vertical girders in the southwest and northwest corners.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M8c2f1a9645f31b551244e66fbb83d8b3H0&w=300&h=197&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+for+easter+road+stadium&view=detailv2&qpvt=images+for+easter+road+stadium&id=FAF91223F7109274B4CE8DDF9739283CB64BFBE7&selectedIndex=22&ccid=jC8alkXz&simid=608009130942205640&thid=OIP.M8c2f1a9645f31b551244e66fbb83d8b3H0)

Have a look at FC Mainz stadium, in order to ( I presume ) make the stadium more enclosed it has a glass structure in each corner 'behind' the stands and the stand roofs all connect, even though there are no seats in the corners .... the only reason must be to give the stadium a better atmosphere, something we should definitely be thinking about IMO.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M97e998358151b60468481e719b2e0583o0&w=300&h=150&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+for+mainz+fc+stadium&view=detailv2&qpvt=images+for+mainz+fc+stadium&id=DD3ADBD895A4C4C65DC21DF439473EABADF5C15E&selectedIndex=8&ccid=l%2bmYNYFR&simid=608052617482996092&thid=OIP.M97e998358151b60468481e719b2e0583o0)

Edit:

I wouldn't complain if Hibs were to find the money to extend the upper and lower decks of the FF and the lower deck of the South to be level with the East .... that would add a few more seats and make the stadium look a hell of a lot more balanced.

As things stand Easter Road is a fine stadium and certainly better or a match for anything outside of Glasgow .... but there is a ton of things that could be done to it to make it even better, its not a priority over the team, but at the same time its not a subject that should ever be totally off the table.

bod
16-01-2017, 08:31 PM

the last helicopter that landed at ER brought us Jim Duffy
let that be a lesson to us

trev the hat
16-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Hopefully a few of these guys will see a bright future at ER

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 02:32 AM
Hopefully a few of these guys will see a bright future at ER

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/

Interesting that Crane is only being offered a contract until the end of next season

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Just a pie in the sky idea, why not fill in one of the corners with luxury rented appartments with view directly on to the pitch or put a couple of press boxes up or luxury seated areas, or make one of the corners for away support so we can use all sides of the stadium when heading for sellouts:aok:

J-C
17-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Interesting that Crane is only being offered a contract until the end of next season

Enhanced terms means more money rather than longer deal, with Stevenson being our main no.3 and hardly ever injured getting a game will be hard for the lad, maybe looking at a more forward role for him but he'll not sign the new deal if he can't play, he's at an age where he needs regular game time and it might not be at Hibs.

Greenworld
17-01-2017, 11:24 AM
To see them grow together would be the ideal.

Day dreaming is perfectly reasonable but unfortunately I'm an ultra-cynical realist.

How far as a club can we go? How big can we be? And even in our wildest dreams, what kind of infrastructure would we want for that?

IMO we've got quite a way to go until our crowds would justify increasing our capacity. We would need to be challenging the OF on a regular basis and possibly even have won the league for us to run out of capacity. And I just can't see it happening.

I'd like the sound system to be better. I'd like to see the return of safe standing, if it were to be at all possible.

But I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I am 100% content with the facilities at ER and I don't know what more Hibs can do regarding infrastructure to improve that.

It's all about the team for me. We suffered to build what we already have, when other clubs weren't prepared to make the sacrifice.

We did all of that for a reason, and that was so we could get it out of the way and be happy that all our efforts would be channelled into the team for the foreseeable future, certainly until the stands need to be knocked down and rebuilt.
It may not be so fanciful we still await what is to happen with the FF and the health board with rumours of a hotel being built also the corners may just get filled

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk