PDA

View Full Version : Payet

Monts
12-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Bilic has come out and said that DP is refusing to play for West Ham.

That being the case, would West Ham be within their rights not to pay him, due to breach of contract?

JimBHibees
12-01-2017, 12:52 PM

That being the case, would West Ham be within their rights not to pay him, due to breach of contract?

Is it not does not want to rather than refusing to play?

Some players really do themselves no favours. Fonte of Southampton also captain of the team and a few days before a semi final puts in a transfer request.

Winston Ingram
12-01-2017, 12:52 PM

If they picked him for a match and refused to play they could fine him a max of 2 weeks wages. If he carries on like that, they fine him each time he refuses.

Winston Ingram
12-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Some players really do themselves no favours. Fonte of Southampton also captain of the team and a few days before a semi final puts in a transfer request.

Bilic said at the end of the press conference that he is 'refusing to play.'

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Very disappointed in his attitude, we gave him a huge contract last season that has 4 and a half years to go. He's 30, he'll be very lucky if anyone will pay today's price for him.

grunt
12-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Maybe he'd like to come to us?

JimBHibees
12-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Ok didnt realise that. Wow what a joke, absolutely hero worshipped by the fans,

GordonHFC
12-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Maybe he'd like to come to us?

Don't see why not. I think we could attract a lot of players who don't want to play for us :agree:

Zazu62
12-01-2017, 01:07 PM
He's had one good season that's it

12-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Another footballer with a vastly overinflated ego. West Ham should be telling him to pack his bags and GTF, what a disrespectful way to treat the club and the fans. Honestly, sometimes you really do shake oyur head in disbelief at these guys. Loads of people would absolutely kill to be in his position playing high level football for a living, earning a crazy amount of money and living a very luxurious lifestyle. Don't know how lucky they have it sometimes. Look at the likes of Sterling and Rooney a few years back for example, throwing their toys out the pram and going in the huff wanting to leave their respective clubs because they feel they are not getting enough money despite already being on about £150k a week!

I'm not sure about the legal and contract side of things etc so I know its probably not as simple as just telling him to GTF but in an ideal world West Ham would be able to bin him immediately.

He's a very good player, I just hope he's not another player who ends up dwindling in the lower leagues wastes his talent because he has a bad attitude and thinks he's bigger and better than what he is (see Scott Allan thread!).

KeithTheHibby
12-01-2017, 01:11 PM

What a dick. How to go from hero to zero in a short sentence.

easty
12-01-2017, 01:20 PM
He's had one good season that's it

That's not entirely true though is it.

He's only had one good season in the EPL. He was capped for France before playing for West Ham, and he'd moved for £9m and £8.5m before West Ham bought him.

I don't think he should be refusing to play, that's bad form, but I'm not surprised he wants to leave. 29 year old player, who could get a move to one of the really big teams, why shouldn't he want that? He's done well for West Ham, but they're diddy just now, should he stay with a crap team just because they signed him? If West Ham were doing well, and he was tatties, they'd be quick enough to sell him.

Tyler Durden
12-01-2017, 01:23 PM

He's only had one good season in the EPL. He was capped for France before playing for West Ham, and he'd moved for £9m and £8.5m before West Ham bought him.

I don't think he should be refusing to play, that's bad form, but I'm not surprised he wants to leave. 29 year old player, who could get a move to one of the really big teams, why shouldn't he want that? He's done well for West Ham, but they're diddy just now, should he stay with a crap team just because they signed him? If West Ham were doing well, and he was tatties, they'd be quick enough to sell him.

Basically he should stay until West Ham receive an offer they deem acceptable. Marseille are playing the Dave King role here offering £20m

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2017, 01:25 PM
He's had one good season that's itHe has been a quality player for years

lucky
12-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Disgraceful way for a pro footballer to act. Sadly he is not the first and won't be the last

easty
Basically he should stay until West Ham receive an offer they deem acceptable. Marseille are playing the Dave King role here offering £20m

Aye you're right, but such is modern football that if someone wants to leave then, more often than not, they'll leave.

Like I said previously, he shouldn't be refusing to play, but he's every right to tell West Ham he wants to leave.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Very disappointed in his attitude, we gave him a huge contract last season that has 4 and a half years to go. He's 30, he'll be very lucky if anyone will pay today's price for him.

Hopefully one of the Chinese clubs are paying attention.

southsider
12-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Aye you're right, but such is modern football that if someone wants to leave then, more often than not, they'll leave.

Like I said previously, he shouldn't be refusing to play, but he's every right to tell West Ham he wants to leave.
Sullivan should call his bluff. Tell him to train each night with the 'yoofs' or he is suspended without pay. {layers have far, far too much power and this has to change.

Is It On....
12-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Chris Martin(esk)..

Is It On....
12-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Are you an "iron"?

easty
12-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Sullivan should call his bluff. Tell him to train each night with the 'yoofs' or he is suspended without pay. {layers have far, far too much power and this has to change.

I don't think Sullivan should. Just to prove a point? That's no going to help West Ham this season. Sell him, reinvest the money in someone who does want to play for West Ham, and move on. If they can go find another good player for £10m, then sell him for double, or treble that, in 18 months then good on them. It's only West Ham, no Barcelona or Real Madrid, the club surely doesn't think the foreign players they bring over will be happy to stay there forever if they can go on to bigger clubs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-01-2017, 01:46 PM

Nah but maybe he should stay because he agreed a new lucrative deal last year when things were going well for West Ham? Now the toys are out the pram because they are having a tough season. Modern footballers like him are a disgrace.

Geo_1875
12-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Nah but maybe he should stay because he agreed a new lucrative deal last year when things were going well for West Ham? Now the toys are out the pram because they are having a tough season. Modern footballers like him are a disgrace.

And he's part of the reason they are having a poor season. He's only turned it on in spells this time around. I'd let him go abroad for the right money.

easty
12-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Should he have refused to sign a contract, for more money, on the basis that he thought he'd maybe, at some point if he'd done well, like to leave to go to a bigger club?

I don't think this has necessarily got anything to do with money, maybe he'll go to China and prove me wrong though. I think he wants to play for a better team than West Ham. Nowt to do with modern footballers being a disgrace, in my opinion.

Geo_1875
12-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Should he have refused to sign a contract, for more money, on the basis that he thought he'd maybe, at some point if he'd done well, like to leave to go to a bigger club?

I don't think this has necessarily got anything to do with money, maybe he'll go to China and prove me wrong though. I think he wants to play for a better team than West Ham. Nowt to do with modern footballers being a disgrace, in my opinion.

So does he want to play for any team that's better than West Ham or does his agent have a specific destination in mind? He won't have refused to play without knowing who wants him and how much he'll be getting.

easty
12-01-2017, 02:02 PM
So does he want to play for any team that's better than West Ham or does his agent have a specific destination in mind? He won't have refused to play without knowing who wants him and how much he'll be getting.

Payet will probably know who he'd like to play for. It doesn't matter if he knows who wants him, or how much they'll pay him.

CapitalGreen
12-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Must be frustrating being the most creative player in the league yet your team continually fails to sign a decent striker to convert the chances you make.

"Since David Gold & Sullivan took over West Ham in January 2010, they've signed 32 strikers. They have scored 143 goals in 709 games."

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-01-2017, 02:04 PM

He only signed the deal last season. He knew his age then. West Ham were challenging for the champions league so it was all rosy for him. They are struggling a bit this season so he wants to jump ship and leave his teammates to potentially fight relegation without him? Appalling attitude and not the type of teammate I'd want in my corner. Different if it was the summer and a big bid came in for him but that's not the case. He's trying to engineer a move mid season because he's not enjoying getting beat most weeks. Poor from him.

southsider
12-01-2017, 02:12 PM
He only signed the deal last season. He knew his age then. West Ham were challenging for the champions league so it was all rosy for him. They are struggling a bit this season so he wants to jump ship and leave his teammates to potentially fight relegation without him? Appalling attitude and not the type of teammate I'd want in my corner. Different if it was the summer and a big bid came in for him but that's not the case. He's trying to engineer a move mid season because he's not enjoying getting beat most weeks. Poor from him.
He has been tapped up. Illegal as he is under contract. Hammer the offending club with a 10 point deduction. It has happened to us more than a few times.

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Are you an "iron"?

I follow the (lack of) fortunes of West Ham United yes. Grew up in London, a fair chunk of my good friends are Hammers as well. Hibs first though!

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Hopefully one of the Chinese clubs are paying attention.

They were the reason he got the huge bloody contract extension last year!

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Must be frustrating being the most creative player in the league yet your team continually fails to sign a decent striker to convert the chances you make.

"Since David Gold & Sullivan took over West Ham in January 2010, they've signed 32 strikers. They have scored 143 goals in 709 games."I can imagine Mesut Ozil is pretty frustrated about that :greengrin

easty
12-01-2017, 02:19 PM

So? If West Ham want to offer a player a contract on more money, then it's up to the player if he wants to sign it. It's been a long time since signing a contract equated to a degree of loyalty, in football.

The only thing that's poor is that he's, apparently, refused to play. If he doesn't want to be at West Ham anymore, that's up to him.

Winston Ingram
12-01-2017, 02:20 PM

I think there were a lot of promises to him made about the quality of signings they were going to bring in. After West Ham had been knocked by nearly everyone in Europe they brought in worse players than they already had like Nordviedt, Calleri and Zaza. No wonder he's off.

easty
12-01-2017, 02:21 PM
He has been tapped up. Illegal as he is under contract. Hammer the offending club with a 10 point deduction. It has happened to us more than a few times.

West Ham are after the boy from Brentford just now, forget his name. I'd be amazed if the boys representatives didn't already know what he'd be likely to earn at West Ham, if a deal can be agreed.

12-01-2017, 02:22 PM

Exactly, happy to lap it up and play the hero when times are good but happy to **** off and leave his team mates the moment times gets tough. Like you say, not the sort of team player i'd want to have in my team. What sort of message does it send to the rest of the team as well? Sorry lads, i'm away, you just tough it out without me. Hardly boosting the morale is it. In difficult times you need your best players and your more experienced player to step forward, try and rally everyone together and try to lift the dressing room. It's mid season and West Ham are just 7 points off the relegation drop zone. The second half of the season is going to be huge for them if they are going to survive, they absolutely do not need this sort of thing.

Nobody enjoys playing in a struggling team, every player wants to be in a team thats winning and where everythings going great but in football it doesn't always happen. He needs to grow up and stop thinking about himself and start being part of a team. A true test of someones character is when things aren't going their way and Payet is showing that he will only play for the jersey when things are good.

Winston Ingram
12-01-2017, 02:23 PM
West Ham are after the boy from Brentford just now, forget his name. I'd be amazed if the boys representatives didn't already know what he'd be likely to earn at West Ham, if a deal can be agreed.

Scott Hogan. Good player who at 25, has already done his ACL twice. Sounds like a typical West Ham signing.

easty
12-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Exactly, happy to lap it up and play the hero when times are good but happy to **** off and leave his team mates the moment times gets tough. Like you say, not the sort of team player i'd want to have in my team. What sort of message does it send to the rest of the team as well? Sorry lads, i'm away, you just tough it out without me. Hardly boosting the morale is it. In difficult times you need your best players and your more experienced player to step forward, try and rally everyone together and try to lift the dressing room. It's mid season and West Ham are just 7 points off the relegation drop zone. The second half of the season is going to be huge for them if they are going to survive, they absolutely do not need this sort of thing.

Nobody enjoys playing in a struggling team, every player wants to be in a team thats winning and where everythings going great but in football it doesn't always happen. He needs to grow up and stop thinking about himself and start being part of a team. A true test of someones character is when things aren't going their way and Payet is showing that he will only play for the jersey when things are good.

It works both ways. If Payet had been *****, then he'd no have got a new deal and West Ham would be trying to get shot of him. See - Simone Zaza.

The bit in bold...does he? Why?

12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
The bit in bold...does he? Why?

Because his attitude absolutely stinks and he's happy to piss off and leave his teammates to tough it out for survival just because things aren't going his way.

hibsbollah
12-01-2017, 02:33 PM
What a coup it would be if McCourt got him back to Marseille. £30million would be a steal for a player of Payets class.

jacomo
12-01-2017, 02:34 PM

That was a pretty extraordinary contract, given his age.

I can imagine West Ham looking to get out of it before the end, regardless of his behaviour!

CapitalGreen
12-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Because his attitude absolutely stinks and he's happy to piss off and leave his teammates to tough it out for survival just because things aren't going his way.

The attitude of the club stinks too. They seem happy to just continue to buy mediocre players. If I was him I'd be working my ticket to leave too. Football players have short careers and with his ability he should be winning trophies not wallowing in the lower half of the division surrounded by dross.

easty
12-01-2017, 02:38 PM

I don't understand why wanting to play for a better team means that you have a stinking attitude.

I don't think West Ham will go down without, or with, Payet in the team the rest of the season. They'll finish where I'd usually expect them to, mid-table. That's what they are, a mid-table team. Payet is capable of playing for a better team.

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 02:43 PM
I think there were a lot of promises to him made about the quality of signings they were going to bring in. After West Ham had been knocked by nearly everyone in Europe they brought in worse players than they already had like Nordviedt, Calleri and Zaza. No wonder he's off.

Only a finite amount of top players out there no matter how much cash you got to spend sadly :agree:

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 02:45 PM
That was a pretty extraordinary contract, given his age.

I can imagine West Ham looking to get out of it before the end, regardless of his behaviour!

Panicked into it by the threat of China this time last year :agree:

silverhibee
12-01-2017, 02:51 PM

I was listening to some ex player on SSN a few weeks ago on about Payet, what he was saying was that some of the players need to get the finger out and help Payet out during games, the guy accused the players of not doing enough for the team and were basically relying/hoping that Payet would come up with something special to dig them out a hole during games, maybe, just maybe Payet has had enough of his team mates and thinks they aren't trying there best and he has decided to get out, refusing to play is wrong, but maybe he has tried every other option to get a move and the club say you ain't going anywhere unless we get a amount we are happy with and no club have offered the amount but have made offers and Payet thinks they should accept it and let him move.

Sure i just heard he is now training on his own and will have nothing to do with the West Ham squad, Bilic looks like a guy you wouldn't want to mess with and will make Payet suffer big time for this.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Obvious some kitchen sinks have only gone and tapped the geezer up

pacoluna
12-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Some team in china will.

Hibernia&Alba
12-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Pathetic behaviour from someone paid a fortune to kick ball around. If you want away, hand in a transfer request and do it properly. Saying you don't want to play is an insult to the support.

Hibernia&Alba
12-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Obvious some kitchen sinks have only gone and tapped the geezer up

Nae need for that kind of talk, Robert.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-01-2017, 03:40 PM
So? If West Ham want to offer a player a contract on more money, then it's up to the player if he wants to sign it. It's been a long time since signing a contract equated to a degree of loyalty, in football.

The only thing that's poor is that he's, apparently, refused to play. If he doesn't want to be at West Ham anymore, that's up to him.

It's the equivalent of Cummings coming out tomorrow and saying he's refusing to play for us again, after signing his new 4 year deal last summer. I'd call him out for being a dick as well. Just because there's a chronic lack of loyalty in football these days doesn't make it right.

easty
12-01-2017, 03:42 PM
It's the equivalent of Cummings coming out tomorrow and saying he's refusing to play for us again, after signing his new 4 year deal last summer. I'd call him out for being a dick as well. Just because there's a chronic lack of loyalty in football these days doesn't make it right.

I've said previously on this thread that I think that if Payet has said he won't play, then he's out of order. If Cummings came out tomorrow and said he wanted to leave, then I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't feel like he'd ****ed us over.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I've said previously on this thread that I think that if Payet has said he won't play, then he's out of order. If Cummings came out tomorrow and said he wanted to leave, then I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't feel like he'd ****ed us over.

Fair enough then if that's your opinion. I respect that. Judging by the Scott Allan saga when we left us though 99% of folk on this board would feel ****ed over.

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Some team in china will.

I hope so.

Thecat23
12-01-2017, 03:57 PM

I can see what your saying, but how would you feel if Cummings done this? Hibs are playing in a diddy league and he's every right to want to play for a bigger club than us as well.

For me he's gone about it all wrong and made a Noel Hunt of himself. West Ham should let him rot in the reserves if you ask me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Nae need for that kind of talk, Robert.

That never took long! :-)

JDHibs
12-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Marseille have had a £19.1m bid turned down.

Baader
12-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Wanting out of the sinking ship that is West Ham at the moment you can't really blame him. Refusing to play when you have a contract is just unacceptable though.

Would like to see a ruling where you're banned for playing for six months for that sort of thing - including for the new club you join. See how much he likes not playing then...

easty
12-01-2017, 04:39 PM
I can see what your saying, but how would you feel if Cummings done this? Hibs are playing in a diddy league and he's every right to want to play for a bigger club than us as well.

For me he's gone about it all wrong and made a Noel Hunt of himself. West Ham should let him rot in the reserves if you ask me.

I'll be disappointed when Cummings leaves, I'll be disappointed when McGinn leaves....but it's going to happen regardless of what we think about it. They'll go on to a better standard of football, and earning more money. Such is football.

I'd actually like to hear more about what's happened with regards to Payet, cos Bilic didn't elaborate on it when he said he refused to play, and he wasn't pressed on it by the journalists. I'm not sure if he meant that Payet literally refused to play in a game, or if he just meant Payet refused to agree to stay at West Ham. If he's refused to play in a game then that's really poor, no doubt. I'd be raging if a player did that at Hibs.

If Payet has told Bilic he wants to leave, but hasn't actually said he won't play, then I don't see the big deal. It's not even as though Payet has leaked it to the press that he wants to go, Bilic brought that up himself.

Thecat23
12-01-2017, 04:42 PM
I'll be disappointed when Cummings leaves, I'll be disappointed when McGinn leaves....but it's going to happen regardless of what we think about it. They'll go on to a better standard of football, and earning more money. Such is football.

I'd actually like to hear more about what's happened with regards to Payet, cos Bilic didn't elaborate on it when he said he refused to play, and he wasn't pressed on it by the journalists. I'm not sure if he meant that Payet literally refused to play in a game, or if he just meant Payet refused to agree to stay at West Ham. If he's refused to play in a game then that's really poor, no doubt. I'd be raging if a player did that at Hibs.

If Payet has told Bilic he wants to leave, but hasn't actually said he won't play, then I don't see the big deal. It's not even as though Payet has leaked it to the press that he wants to go, Bilic brought that up himself.

I'd also like to know the full story, I'm not a fan of Bilic Easty and there is prob more to this. However I still think Payet is a plum as well. 😁

JimBHibees
12-01-2017, 04:55 PM

Agree there is a huge difference between wanting to leave and refusing to play IMO. Breach of contract for refusing to play so Bilic needs to be certain of his case otherwise he could be getting his ass sued by Payets lawyers.

WeeRussell
12-01-2017, 05:10 PM
He'll leave and Hammers fans will reflect in two years and say he wasnae that good, was lazy, and hardly played any good games for them anyway 😛

easty
12-01-2017, 05:11 PM
He'll leave and Hammers fans will reflect in two years and say he wasnae that good, was lazy, and hardly played any good games for them anyway 😛

:faf: :aok:

hfc rd
12-01-2017, 05:39 PM
I reckon he'll be off to China either in this window or the summer. West Ham badly need a striker.

Haymaker
12-01-2017, 05:52 PM
I reckon he'll be off to China either in this window or the summer. West Ham badly need a striker.

We do but who is available that's any good is the problem.

hibsbollah
12-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Marseille have had a £19.1m bid turned down.

Gaun l'OM! :sauzee:

Although with three weeks of the window to go I can see bigger offers coming in from richer clubs.

Is It On....
12-01-2017, 08:43 PM
I follow the (lack of) fortunes of West Ham United yes. Grew up in London, a fair chunk of my good friends are Hammers as well. Hibs first though!

First top flight game I went to in England was West Ham in 94' with a friend from college..travelled down from Sheffield on the Saturday morning.. stood in the "old school" terracing then off for a beer afterwards in Plaistow...where a giant Rottweiler was attached to the bandit..happy days..

hibsbollah
29-01-2017, 11:40 PM
He's just signed for Marseille. Taken a big pay cut to play for the team he loves.

Greedy? :greengrin

jacomo
29-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Agree there is a huge difference between wanting to leave and refusing to play IMO. Breach of contract for refusing to play so Bilic needs to be certain of his case otherwise he could be getting his ass sued by Payets lawyers.

Bilic said that Payet refused to play. Payet hasn't denied that, so must assume it's true.

I'm not defending that but Payet seems an emotional guy and he seems a bit overwhelmed by his life. He's been poor this season anyhow, by his own standards at least.

jacomo
29-01-2017, 11:50 PM
He's just signed for Marseille. Taken a big pay cut to play for the team he loves.

Greedy? :greengrin

Decent profit for West Ham and he's not going to a rival.

Probably the best outcome for all concerned in the end.

hibsbollah
03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
League debut for Payet tonight on BT Sport. A chance to watch a selfless local hero who took a big paycut to play for the team he loves, or a selfish embodiment of all that's wrong with modern football.

Depending on your point of view :greengrin

jacomo
03-02-2017, 09:11 PM
League debut for Payet tonight on BT Sport. A chance to watch a selfless local hero who took a big paycut to play for the team he loves, or a selfish embodiment of all that's wrong with modern football.

Depending on your point of view :greengrin

West Ham tapped him up from Marseille in the first place.

Those owners are sharks.

Haymaker
03-02-2017, 09:16 PM
**** him. #uptheirons