PDA

View Full Version : Hot For Dumbarton

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2017, 11:39 PM
I must say that Friday evening's show has left me gagging on some Hibs action. Now that we've addressed the width and pace and goal scoring midfielder issues, Saturday can't come quick enough. I've looked forward to games after the last few seasons, but felt we were a bit samey in our line-ups and tactics. Now we have the personnel to win big against smaller teams, particularly at ER. (That's not to say we will, every game will be a battle, only that we're now better equipped to do so.)

Not a scooter by any means, but we're in the driving seat and I don't go to many away games these days but I'm glad I have tickets for Dumbarton.

I think we'll win 3-1.

Sir David Gray
11-01-2017, 11:46 PM
I don't expect this to be easy for us at all. We have generally struggled at Dumbarton in the previous two seasons and we only won earlier this season courtesy of a penalty.

They've only lost three of their last ten league matches and have beaten Dundee Utd and Falkirk at home in recent weeks.

0-1 would do me.

houstonhibbee
11-01-2017, 11:51 PM
I don't expect this to be easy for us at all. We have generally struggled at Dumbarton in the previous two seasons and we only won earlier this season courtesy of a penalty.

They've only lost three of their last ten league matches and have beaten Dundee Utd and Falkirk at home in recent weeks.

0-1 would do me.
of course we all want to see some more silky exciting football, but offered a draw I think we'd accept it. Hopefully we can grab all three points

Ronniekirk
11-01-2017, 11:58 PM

0-1 would do me.

Conditions could be poor and smaller tighter pitch open to the elements
Think a diffetent line ip needed to eek out a win here D B S is assuming we can rock up and produce the same performance we showed v United but every game is different
But we certainly shouldn't be lacking in confidence

B.H.F.C
11-01-2017, 11:58 PM
of course we all want to see some more silky exciting football, but offered a draw I think we'd accept it. Hopefully we can grab all three points

Eh? Accept a draw against Dumbarton? Are you at the wind up or am I missing something here?

monktonharp
12-01-2017, 12:06 AM
of course we all want to see some more silky exciting football, but offered a draw I think we'd accept it. Hopefully we can grab all three pointsdraws are not quite what we need, against the teams like Dumbarton. we had one against Morton recently and that was because of a shocking performance from HFC. Win please ,keep the pressure on.

WS Hibs
12-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Just had a look at the forecast and although it's snowing today in Dumbarton, it's overcast with no wind on Saturday as things stand.

The conditions can be a real leveller there, check out what United were up against a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTuiyuyU5I

Leithenhibby
12-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Eh? Accept a draw against Dumbarton? Are you at the wind up or am I missing something here?

This👍

FitbaFolkKen
12-01-2017, 12:15 AM

The day drawing away to a part time outfit becomes acceptable it is time to give it up.

I think we've turned a corner and will turn it on against them. 4-0 Hibs... neck on the line ;)

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 01:18 AM
No wind up. Its the sort of game that could go either way in my opinion. Obviously not in yours. I hope you're right.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2017, 01:20 AM

Bonnyrigg went there recently and won. If we accept a draw there, what would be our expectations in defence of the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle?

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 01:25 AM
Bonnyrigg went there recently and won. If we accept a draw there, what would be our expectations in defence of the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle?
our recent record at Tynie is a lot better than Dumbarton. We will always expect to beat Dumbarton away but as we know it doesn't always work out like that. Its well within the realms of reality that we can lose it.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2017, 01:30 AM
our recent record at Tynie is a lot better than Dumbarton. We will always expect to beat Dumbarton away but as we know it doesn't always work out like that. Its well within the realms of reality that we can lose it.

Of course it is. But I feel a lot more confident now and I'm hoping that we're a different prospect with the formation and personnel changes. But you're correct, the fixture has not been kind to us in recent years, and United have faltered twice there this season. I think a good win on the back of Friday would make a strong statement to the rest of the league. United have a home game v QOS that they should win, but are coming off two defeats and bad performances, so they might be nervy and drop points.

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 01:43 AM
Of course it is. But I feel a lot more confident now and I'm hoping that we're a different prospect with the formation and personnel changes. But you're correct, the fixture has not been kind to us in recent years, and United have faltered twice there this season. I think a good win on the back of Friday would make a strong statement to the rest of the league. United have a home game v QOS that they should win, but are coming off two defeats and bad performances, so they might be nervy and drop points.
i agree and hope you are right. I guess after one good performance and win I'm not that confident yet. The best laid plans and all that. Not trying to be negative just advocating caution. I am confident that we should win all our home games but if we draw one in three away games from now on in then that should see us go up. We will probably lose one game as well somewhere along the road. A draw in that context is not the end of the world. But as you're excited to go, I'm sure they will not let you down

:flag:

BoomtownHibees
12-01-2017, 09:16 AM

To get a money spinner replay of course

The day I feel ok about a draw away to Dumbarton and other ***** like that is the day I will give it up

NthCarolinaHibs
12-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Any decent watering holes through there.. never been there before...

BoomtownHibees
12-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Any decent watering holes through there.. never been there before...

The Stags Head is right outside Dumbarton East station. Not the classiest of places but has football on the telly and about a 5/10 minute walk to the ground

steelendhibs
12-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Never mind hot, is there any chance it could be off...anybody know the conditions through there?

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 12:37 PM
To get a money spinner replay of course

The day I feel ok about a draw away to Dumbarton and other ***** like that is the day I will give it up
how do you feel when we lose there then?

BoomtownHibees
12-01-2017, 02:05 PM

In the twice that I have seen us lose there it was very poor. But knowingly coming out and saying that a draw against Dumbarton would not be bad is mental IMO

TrinityHibby
12-01-2017, 02:07 PM
personally speaking I felt crap....not expecting an easy game by any means but naturally hopeful Hibs will be more than good enough to beat part time Dumbarton

B.H.F.C
12-01-2017, 02:48 PM
No wind up. Its the sort of game that could go either way in my opinion. Obviously not in yours. I hope you're right.

Every game could go either way. But if we are going in to a game against a part time team thinking a draw is an acceptable result? Sorry, not having that.

Famous Fiver
12-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Has Nade not gone back there?

They'll be up for this one in exactly the same way Bonnyrigg were for the cup tie through there, and will be for the match at Tynie.

Dumbarton like to get stuck in but if we get a reasonable referee and an early goal I'll be confident.

Either of those not happening and suddenly they drag us down to their level.

Bartley one away from a suspension. Does NL play him because if it gets physical they'll be squealing for a booking as soon as he puts a foot in?

Not a 'skoosh' by any stretch of the imagination.

Keyser Sauzee
12-01-2017, 04:23 PM

Accepting a draw at Dumbarton makes u sound like u would accept staying in this division for another year, a draw at Dumbarton, is and always will be unacceptable.

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Accepting a draw at Dumbarton makes u sound like u would accept staying in this division for another year, a draw at Dumbarton, is and always will be unacceptable.
ok so you obviously didn't read my previous post stating my reasoning before jumping to your conclusion. Dundee U just lost there so maybe a draw isn't the end of the world as far as being promoted
and drawing better than losing which we have done on more than one occasion recently

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 04:51 PM
so what is acceptable to you in terms of who we don't beat - we can't win all the games I assume you will concede?

Keyser Sauzee
12-01-2017, 04:59 PM
so what is acceptable to you in terms of who we don't beat - we can't win all the games I assume you will concede?

Regardless of other opponents results there, our squad is far better than Dumbartons hence we should not accept a draw there. The only time u can look at a draw as being acceptable there is when the season is done and dusted and we are promoted, if we draw there this weekend it will be looked at as unnacceptable by most on here until we get promoted. The only places I think a draw isn't a bad result in this league is Tannadice or Falkirk, even if we draw with these 2 at home I don't see it as terrible results.

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Regardless of other opponents results there, our squad is far better than Dumbartons hence we should not accept a draw there. The only time u can look at a draw as being acceptable there is when the season is done and dusted and we are promoted, if we draw there this weekend it will be looked at as unnacceptable by most on here until we get promoted. The only places I think a draw isn't a bad result in this league is Tannadice or Falkirk, even if we draw with these 2 at home I don't see it as terrible results.
so from that you would only find it acceptable that we should go the whole season unbeaten with maybe three or four draws.....

Keyser Sauzee
12-01-2017, 05:11 PM
so from that you would only find it acceptable that we should go the whole season unbeaten with maybe three or four draws.....

Maybe I just have higher standards.....

houstonhibbee
12-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Maybe I just have higher standards.....
higher expectations certainly! My expectation is that we will win this league - at last, and may do it with a draw on Saturday. However if we lose on saturday the previous game's work is all undone

Sir David Gray
12-01-2017, 06:56 PM
I would accept a narrow victory and I don't expect an easy game as Dumbarton will make it difficult for us. However under no circumstances would I ever accept a draw against a team like Dumbarton before the match has kicked off. I can't quite believe I'm reading that to be honest.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2017, 07:33 PM
I would accept a narrow victory and I don't expect an easy game as Dumbarton will make it difficult for us. However under no circumstances would I ever accept a draw against a team like Dumbarton before the match has kicked off. I can't quite believe I'm reading that to be honest.

A draw at Dumbarton would have felt pre-Dundee United on Friday, like a very, very bad result for Hibs. After the performance against Dundee United, a draw at Dumbarton would feel like a defeat for me.

Nicho87
12-01-2017, 07:43 PM
First time ive headed over to dumbarton, looking forward to the game. Hoping hibs play attacking right from the start, hate to see us sit in. Go for it and we should be winning the majority of our games in the league. Friday prime example. Keep the momentum going and no less than 3 points and keep all the pressure in utd to keep up with us.

cabbageandribs1875
12-01-2017, 07:49 PM
First time ive headed over to dumbarton, looking forward to the game. Hoping hibs play attacking right from the start, hate to see us sit in. Go for it and we should be winning the majority of our games in the league. Friday prime example. Keep the momentum going and no less than 3 points and keep all the pressure in utd to keep up with us.

what game(s) has this team sat in against :confused:

northstandhibby
12-01-2017, 07:50 PM
An enduring 0-2 victory is my prediction. JC and Boyle getting the goals.

Glory Glory

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2017, 08:03 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Nicho87
12-01-2017, 09:11 PM
what game(s) has this team sat in against :confused:

Not so much this season but just want attacking football for 90 mins

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2017, 09:19 PM
I take it that as a town, Dumbarton's facilities are somewhat rudimentary sports bars and old jakey haunts, and that acceptable restaurants, decent wine/cocktail bars will be conspicuous by their absence and best enjoyed in Glasgow?

Asking for a friend.

Carheenlea
12-01-2017, 09:33 PM
I take it that as a town, Dumbarton's facilities are somewhat rudimentary sports bars and old jakey haunts, and that acceptable restaurants, decent wine/cocktail bars will be conspicuous by their absence and best enjoyed in Glasgow?

Asking for a friend.

Our bus is booked into Cameron House pre-match - just 6 miles from the ground.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Our bus is booked into Cameron House pre-match - just 6 miles from the ground.

That's a damn good move. I forget how close to Loch Lomond Dumbarton is. Should be a damn fine feast with some quality drinking. I don't know what branch you are but you must be classiest cards in the HSC pack.

I might have to try to convince one of my associates to drive. We planned to take the train early to Glasgow, lunch there and head on a local train to Dumbarton.

London Hibs Supporters Club
12-01-2017, 11:08 PM
That's a damn good move. I forget how close to Loch Lomond Dumbarton is. Should be a damn fine feast with some quality drinking. I don't know what branch you are but you must be classiest cards in the HSC pack.

I might have to try to convince one of my associates to drive. We planned to take the train early to Glasgow, lunch there and head on a local train to Dumbarton.

A misguided remark, Bob. You've eaten in our company (and drank fine vino - straight from the bottle) and London holds the rosettes as far as F&B goes.

You must admit that Pierre serves the best pre/post match eats anywhere in the world.

Who TF it this imposter promoting dining?

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2017, 03:43 AM
A misguided remark, Bob. You've eaten in our company (and drank fine vino - straight from the bottle) and London holds the rosettes as far as F&B goes.

You must admit that Pierre serves the best pre/post match eats anywhere in the world.

Who TF it this imposter promoting dining?

I ought to have guessed it would be you metropolitan sophisticates!

Pete
13-01-2017, 04:46 AM
Has Nade not gone back there?

They'll be up for this one in exactly the same way Bonnyrigg were for the cup tie through there, and will be for the match at Tynie.

Dumbarton like to get stuck in but if we get a reasonable referee and an early goal I'll be confident.

Either of those not happening and suddenly they drag us down to their level.

Bartley one away from a suspension. Does NL play him because if it gets physical they'll be squealing for a booking as soon as he puts a foot in?

Not a 'skoosh' by any stretch of the imagination.

Shottie lads. Nade is playing so he's bound to score. :rotflmao:

Aye, maybe when he was a bit younger and we were a lot crapper but these bogey men like him and Skacel are a thing of the past.

Agree with your general point though and we'll need to take nothing for granted. Cup finals every week from here on in.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2017, 08:18 AM
I think this game could be under threat, no undersoil heating, exposed ground and temps of -2 or below expected overnight as well as wintry showers.

Frogga
14-01-2017, 12:55 AM
I think this game could be under threat, no undersoil heating, exposed ground and temps of -2 or below expected overnight as well as wintry showers.

I think it should be fine. The bbc forecast looks favourable overnight and throughout the day tomorrow.

Albanian Hibs
14-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Any plans for inspection?

Ronniekirk
14-01-2017, 09:31 AM
The game isnt on Hibs T V any pther way of wstching it for those thatcant be thete in person

Hermit Crab
14-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Any plans for inspection?

Doesn't look like it.
Pitch at the @CID_Scotland (https://twitter.com/CID_Scotland) Stadium in great condition ahead of today's #SonsvHibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SonsvHibs?src=hash) clash. The Crags (in the background) looking picturesque!