PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Allan

Pages : [1] 2

since90plustwo
11-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Seen Scott Allan has been punted back to Celtic after another underwhelming year. What is wrong with this guy?? On his day with us he was unplayable - one of the brightest talents in Scotland. Even when he did (rarely) play for Celtic he seemed to do okay. Where will he end up next?? Something tells me he could end up at Hearts.

Jones28
11-01-2017, 06:21 PM
He should have stayed with Hibs, picked up a Scottish cup medal and moved south for big money through the summer.

Let him rot.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2017, 06:23 PM
I'd take him back, the lad is different class.

IWasThere2016
11-01-2017, 06:26 PM

This.

Tom Hart RIP
11-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Is there still a rule that prevents someone playing for more than 2 teams in one season?

jacomo
11-01-2017, 06:29 PM

I absolutely would not. He's done zero since leaving to convince me he'd improve our team.

Would much rather sign Henderson instead, even if we have to wait until summer.

H18 SFR
11-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Is there still a rule that prevents someone playing for more than 2 teams in one season?

I believe that it is now 3 teams.

Smartie
11-01-2017, 06:31 PM
He's a quality player but a grade A "Clem Fandango".

I reckon he's about the most gifted Scottish player around at the moment and should be a regular in the national side as well as playing for a top club.

Unfortunately he doesn't know what is good for him and will make poor career decision after poor career decision.

It's a real shame as I've probably enjoyed watching an on-form Scott Allan play as much as I've enjoyed watching any player play.

I'm not sure he'd be Lennon's cup of tea, but there's a bit of me that would always want to see us take a punt on him.

Hopefully he finds a manager who will do as much for him as Stubbs did, and if he's lucky enough to get that chance that he repays that with what he's capable of repaying it with.

In my heart of hearts, I see him squeezing as much cash out of Celtic as he can over the period of his contract there without remotely troubling the first team, before stumbling on a downwards trajectory through the English and Scottish leagues whilst making some bizarre stop-offs on whichever country has more money than sense and sees fit to offer him a decent contract once he's clearly not capable of making a sporting contribution any more.

chrisski33
11-01-2017, 06:32 PM

Hes not proved it since leaving Hibs tbh

Unseen work
11-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Everyone always talks about his attitude problem blah blah..

Is there any actual evidence of him having a poor attitude?

ancient hibee
11-01-2017, 06:38 PM

Stubbs was quoted in the paper while at Rotherham basically saying he wasn't trying a leg.

Jim44
11-01-2017, 06:43 PM

Did Stubbs not refer to his attitude problems while at Rotherham or have I invented that?

Captain Trips
11-01-2017, 06:43 PM
We've got McGinn.

End of.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Stubbs was quoted in the paper while at Rotherham basically saying he wasn't trying a leg.
Yep he made it clear he had dropped him as he wasnt giving his all so he clearly wasnt trying to keep himself in the first team Obviously this hasnt changed and he has been punted back He wont get a game for Veltic oether so he must know he will have to go out on loan again
Is in danger of wasting his talent if he cant make go of next move

northstandhibby
11-01-2017, 06:45 PM
He should have stayed with Hibs, picked up a Scottish cup medal and moved south for big money through the summer.

Let him rot.

This.

Simply never should be allowed to enter ER ever again. He embarrassed the club with his antics of throwing the toys out of the pram unless he got his move away from us.

Glory Glory

Humo
11-01-2017, 06:45 PM

We stopped his career continuing on a spiraling downwards trajectory but the second another team came sniffing he handed in his transfer request and bolted.

Happened at Dundee Utd as well although that was with Houston so you could see why he'd want to bail.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
11-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Who?

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-01-2017, 06:49 PM
**** Scott Allan. He was itching for a move at a time when we needed everyone to pull together because we knew rangers were sorting their **** ahead of a promotion push.

He done us a favour to be honest. By allowing us to sign a player with the attitude, team spirit and never say die attitude of Liam Henderson. Given the choice of signing the two it's a no brainer for me and in terms of working with the players I reckon NL would probably feel the same way

patlowe
11-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Such a waste.

Look at John McGinn - three years younger and less natural talent but already he's played about twice as many first team games, with 2 Scotland caps to boot. Scott Allan should ask himself why that is the case.

J-C
11-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Played a handful of games for Dundee United and made such a nuisance of himself he got a move south, was put out on loan and always returned due to manager differences. We get him and have a good man manager, then stuck up 2 fingers to supporters and management and moaned about wanting to join his boyhood heroes, spat the dummy out when told it wouldn't happen. Instead sold to Celtic which funded Dylan and SJM, back from another loan with more poor reports, **** him let him rot the little weasel.

Smartie
11-01-2017, 06:52 PM

Over and above Stubbs' comments about his time at Rotherham.......

The low number of first team games he's played in a career that started so promisingly, so early and with so much talent.

The atmosphere surrounding his departure from nearly every club he's been at.

His conduct during the fiasco when he tried to manufacture his move to Sevco.

His consistent poor performance and lack of impact when on loan at a number of clubs throughout his career.

His obvious dislike of tracking back and doing any sort of defending - most midfielders have to do some.

His quickness to want to bail on a manager who seemed to understand him and who built a team to compensate for his defensive frailties.

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 06:53 PM
This.

Simply never should be allowed to enter ER ever again. He embarrassed the club with his antics of throwing the toys out of the pram unless he got his move away from us.

Glory Glory

By doing what exactly? Handing in a transfer request because he was apparently told we wouldn't step in his way if a bigger club came in for him and that was the condition he signed in the first place? He couldn't have been that much a problem for Stubbs to take him again. He didn't like Rotherham, who would? Saying that I can't see us signing him again, he will go to the likes of Dundee on loan, be brilliant and stall again going back to Celtic before eventually signing for a club on a perm then ultimately moving to rangers.

Keyser Sauzee
11-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Folk saying that he hasn't done enough since leaving to suggest he wouldn't be a good signing is laughable, do they think his ability just vanished cause he hasn't played for Celtics first team enough?? The Lad is different class on his day and a good player even when he's not 100% at it. I'm not convinced he wants to be a team player enough which is why I'm not sure he would be what we need just now but if we go up in the summer and he is available I wouldn't mind seeing him back at ER.

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Over and above Stubbs' comments about his time at Rotherham.......

The low number of first team games he's played in a career that started so promisingly, so early and with so much talent.

The atmosphere surrounding his departure from nearly every club he's been at.

His conduct during the fiasco when he tried to manufacture his move to Sevco.

His consistent poor performance and lack of impact when on loan at a number of clubs throughout his career.

His obvious dislike of tracking back and doing any sort of defending - most midfielders have to do some.

His quickness to want to bail on a manager who seemed to understand him and who built a team to compensate for his defensive frailties.

Why did Stubbs take him to Rotherham then?

GreenLake
11-01-2017, 06:55 PM

He won't come back until his agent can confirm that the benches have been thoroughly sanded and varnished.

keep the faith
11-01-2017, 06:59 PM
If he was keen to come and work then I would love to see him back.
Fabulous player who would excel with these players around him.

Waxy
I was annoyed at his antics when he let Rangers ruffle our feathers but i'd accept him for a last chance if hes grown up. Do we need him though?

Iain G
Folk saying that he hasn't done enough since leaving to suggest he wouldn't be a good signing is laughable, do they think his ability just vanished cause he hasn't played for Celtics first team enough?? The Lad is different class on his day and a good player even when he's not 100% at it. I'm not convinced he wants to be a team player enough which is why I'm not sure he would be what we need just now but if we go up in the summer and he is available I wouldn't mind seeing him back at ER.

He wouldnt get into our first choice midfield, suppose he coule put the cones out or something. Had a chance, blew it, th rew it back into the clubs face, no thank ya. And he isnt as good as he thinks he is.

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 07:03 PM
He wouldnt get into our first choice midfield, suppose he coule put the cones out or something. Had a chance, blew it, th rew it back into the clubs face, no thank ya. And he isnt as good as he thinks he is.

Of course he would, don't kid yourself. Keatings, Boyle or Allan? If Commons is gone he would be perfect for our midfield.

Keyser Sauzee
11-01-2017, 07:05 PM
U may have a point about our current 1st 11 but it's not 100% a given he wouldn't, there is an argument to be made he could very well get a place. The rest of ur post just makes u sound bitter, move on.

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Allan performed for half a season at Dundee United and one and a half season's at Hibs. At West Brom, Celtic and Rotherham he has done zero. He's not a young prospect in footballing terms anymore, and has wasted most of his career on benches, in reserves and chatting on phones to pretty awful agents or whatever other cretins have been advising him.

I can't see him fulfilling anything like his potential now, which is a shame because he's some player. The return Hibs have got on Allan's sale is probably one of the great bargains in Scottish football, and we'd be pushing our luck to think we'd get a similar one in a second spell.

BSEJVT
11-01-2017, 07:09 PM

I find this difficult to square with your apparent loathing and constant denigration of Jason Cummings.

Of the two there is absolutely no doubt in my mind as is to who is more deserving of our support.

I find the Scott Allan love in a bit strange in general terms.

His history points to him being nothing but trouble for the majority of his career.

Rather than viewing his troubles before and after Hibs as the aberration, it would probably be more representative to view his time at Hibs as the aberration from the norm.

On that basis I wouldn't have him back

Unseen work
11-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Scott Allan is a great player and one I would love see play for us again.

I won't hold it against him that he left Dundee United for West Brom, who were in the premier league at the time.

Nor will I hold against him that he wanted to sign for the club he has supported since he was a boy and play with his best mate (Halliday).

easty
11-01-2017, 07:12 PM
I'd have him back.

He's no a Hibs fan, never was, so while I was disappointed he wanted to leave, I didn't hate him for it. He's a footballer, he's entitled to try to better himself, but it's no worked out for him.

He was our best player for a year. I'd happily have a player like that back in the team.

snooky
11-01-2017, 07:13 PM

I loved watching Scott Allan play however there's more to having a player than just for skill. He sounds like he may not be exactly 'one of the boys'.
Give me a team of players that play for each other every time.
He'll probably get his 'dream move' at long last.

Blaster
11-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Scott Allan is a great player and one I would love see play for us again.

I won't hold it against him that he left Dundee United for West Brom, who were in the premier league at the time.

Nor will I hold against him that he wanted to sign for the club he has supported since he was a boy and play with his best mate (Halliday).

Would you hold it against him about our start to last season which were caused by his antics?

Dub
11-01-2017, 07:15 PM
He can rot as far as I'm concerned. Anyone not prepared to devote 100% to Hibs shouldn't be considered. He had his chance here and became a fans favourite fairly quickly, then he decided we weren't good enough for him and if that was the case then it's the case now.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Decent player on his game,nothing more wouldn't rush back for him.

2016 Delivered
I find this difficult to square with your apparent loathing and constant denigration of Jason Cummings.

Of the two there is absolutely no doubt in my mind as is to who is more deserving of our support.

I find the Scott Allan love in a bit strange in general terms.

His history points to him being nothing but trouble for the majority of his career.

Rather than viewing his troubles before and after Hibs as the aberration, it would probably be more representative to view his time at Hibs as the aberration from the norm.

On that basis I wouldn't have him back

Do you know of any trouble he's caused at Celtic or perhaps just not good enough, burned his bridges with us, knew it after the diddy cup game and went for more money as we wouldn't sell to newhun? God knows what is wrong with Scott Allen but he's got a bit of a Hartley thing going on about him and when it clicks at the right club they will benefit big time if he screws the but. (Hartley was a cocky prick at us too)

Off topic but imagine in some kind of disturbed universe Allan having the game of his life beside his pal "****ed it up" Halliday and us losing the final. No henderson there to deliver, no Stokes on 🔥. Thank god our board and Leanne Dempster held firm and told they ********s to bolt.

Unseen work
Would you hold it against him about our start to last season which were caused by his antics?

To be honest, no.

The squad should of been professional enough to deal with it and to blame it all on Allan is people not taking responsibility.

He never started the game against Rangers, which was the first game iirc and after that he was sold?

When he played for us after the request he never lacked effort

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Decent player on his game,nothing more wouldn't rush back for him.

He was our best player by a country mile the year we finished above Falkirk and the Huns.

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM
He can rot as far as I'm concerned. Anyone not prepared to devote 100% to Hibs shouldn't be considered. He had his chance here and became a fans favourite fairly quickly, then he decided we weren't good enough for him and if that was the case then it's the case now.

What game did SA not give 100%?

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2017, 07:22 PM
He was our best player by a country mile the year we finished above Falkirk and the Huns.

That tells you how poor the rest were. And it wasn't a country mile in my opinion.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2017, 07:29 PM
He was our best player by a country mile the year we finished above Falkirk and the Huns.I don't even think he was our best midfielder, I was delighted when we got McGeouch as part of the deal for him.

Smartie
11-01-2017, 07:29 PM
That tells you how poor the rest were. And it wasn't a country mile in my opinion.

We had a lot of very good performers that season but Allan was head and shoulders above them all.

high bee
11-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Wouldn't want him back, the way he acted on the pitch when we played Sevco, given the hype at the time, was a real kick in the teeth. He is not good enough to sell our soul for.

We were a better team once he left and I have no appetite for watching the Scott Allan show again. It consists of him ignoring all the easy passes to attempt the World Cup ball that either doesn't work or his team mates aren't good enough to read. It works from time to time then there is mass hysteria about how good he is.

No denying he is a good player when he is in form but how many games in his career has he actually performed in and what would it be this time? He wants to leave on the eve of a cup final or God forbid if we end up in the play offs, his concern will always be personal progression regardless of the timing or effect on his club.

northstandhibby
11-01-2017, 07:32 PM
By doing what exactly? Handing in a transfer request because he was apparently told we wouldn't step in his way if a bigger club came in for him and that was the condition he signed in the first place? He couldn't have been that much a problem for Stubbs to take him again. He didn't like Rotherham, who would? Saying that I can't see us signing him again, he will go to the likes of Dundee on loan, be brilliant and stall again going back to Celtic before eventually signing for a club on a perm then ultimately moving to rangers.

Just proves how unprofessional he is. Didn't want to stay and prove himself at Rotherham because he didn't like it there ah diddums. Hope he rots. He was all set to sign for our rivals through the Daily Ranger. He's a footballing embarrassment the way he uses football clubs without a backward glance.

Glory Glory

Unseen work
11-01-2017, 07:33 PM
It never fails to amuse me how fans see/remember what they want to.

If they dislike a person it is irrelevant how they perform, they will always judge them based on their disliking towards them.

Scott Allan was fantastic for us, absolutely fantastic.

https://youtu.be/0FuwqSVXLn4

For anyone who forgot what he was like.

Scouse Hibee
We had a lot of very good performers that season but Allan was head and shoulders above them all.

In your opinion and others but not mine,he was decent in flashes but nowhere near as good as being portrayed. People remember what they want to and like to forget everything else.I have nothing against him.

Smartie
Why did Stubbs take him to Rotherham then?

Because he was willing to overlook the antics towards the end of Allan's time at Hibs in the hope he'd make a similar impact on the pitch to the one he made at ER.

Stubbs was wrong, signing Allan for Rotherham was a mistake, the kind of mistake he made a bit too often in his 2 months or so at that club.

high bee

Agreed, even when he was playing well the rest of the team often lacked the skill and vision to latch onto his passes. That's not his fault but why have someone who is too advanced for his team mates if it becomes counter productive.

keep the faith
11-01-2017, 07:34 PM

He was the best player in that league by a country mile, nevermind the best player in our team.

WS Hibs
11-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Allan performed for half a season at Dundee United and one and a half season's at Hibs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not just the one season he was here? Signed in July 2014 and sold August 2015.

Dashing Bob S

He was great for us, and it's petty and churlish to dismiss that because of the circumstances under which he left. (Which turned out to be an amazing deal for us.)

But anybody who thinks we'd get the same player back, playing to the same level, is seriously deluding themselves. Allan is one of those players for whom every circumstance has to be just right before he performs effectively. Him, Stubbs and Hibs were a perfect fit, and he was too silly and lacked the self-awareness to see that, and now he's burned his boats with probably both those parties.

He has no future at Celtic under Rogers, who will probably get him off the payroll. The Huns might swallow their pride, but I doubt it, and I could see him back at Dundee United.

Bostonhibby
He's a luxury we don't need at the moment, talented player but he doesn't seem to have playing as his absolute priority.

We have a pretty settled dressing room just now and I don't think what he brought to us at the time he was desperate to get to Ibrox particularly helped us so a no from me. Good player though when he wants or gets a chance.

Dashing Bob S
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not just the one season he was here? Signed in July 2014 and sold August 2015.

I'd say you're correct.

Smartie
11-01-2017, 07:38 PM
It's mental how players seem to split our support these days.

Lewis Stevenson, Dominique Malonga, Andrew Shinnie, Grant Holt.

Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion but I'm surprised to see how many folk weren't that mad on Scott Allan.

I mean, I like Stevenson and Holt but I can understand why some don't. But Scott Allan was quality.

.Sean.
11-01-2017, 07:39 PM

Let him rot.
The world doesn't work like that. If he'd stayed at Hibs we might not have won the cup, and we categorically would not have won it in the manner in which we did. It was perfect in every way.

Wee 'Scotty' Allan can rot :giruy2:

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2017, 07:40 PM
It never fails to amuse me how fans see/remember what they want to.

If they dislike a person it is irrelevant how they perform, they will always judge them based on their disliking towards them.

Scott Allan was fantastic for us, absolutely fantastic.

https://youtu.be/0FuwqSVXLn4

For anyone who forgot what he was like.That sums him up though, doesn't it? Looks great in a youtube video but when the going gets tough he was missing. He was great against Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United that season, less so against Raith/Falkirk etc.

You think he would've been killing himself like Fyvie and Henderson at 2-1 down in the cup final? No chance.

Lago
11-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Me too, in a heart beat.

Beefster
11-01-2017, 07:41 PM
I reserve my loathing for players who have never played for Hibs. Allan was Hibs' best player for a season and went for a decent fee. That'll do for me.

high bee
11-01-2017, 07:42 PM
The world doesn't work like that. If he'd stayed at Hibs we might not have won the cup, and we categorically would not have won it in the manner in which we did. It was perfect in every way.

Wee 'Scotty' Allan can rot :giruy2:

The papers would've had a field day in the run up to the final. Probably with some photoshopped pictures of SA on the Sevco cup winners bus the day before the match.

easty
11-01-2017, 07:44 PM
That sums him up though, doesn't it? Looks great in a youtube video but when the going gets tough he was missing. He was great against Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United that season, less so against Raith/Falkirk etc.

:confused: he was the best player in the league that season, by far

Unseen work
11-01-2017, 07:44 PM
That sums him up though, doesn't it? Looks great in a youtube video but when the going gets tough he was missing. He was great against Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United that season, less so against Raith/Falkirk etc.

You think he would've been killing himself like Fyvie and Henderson at 2-1 down in the cup final? No chance.

When was he not great when the going got "tough"? Against teams like Dumbarton? Who he scored against in that video.

Well you said yourself he is great against teams like rangers so I think he would of been just fine in the final.

.Sean.
11-01-2017, 07:47 PM
The papers would've had a field day in the run up to the final. Probably with some photoshopped pictures of SA on the Sevco cup winners bus the day before the match.
Hibs might not have even been playing in the final nevermind playing Rangers, had Allan still been at the club we could've been pumped out first round.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
:confused: he was the best player in the league that season, by farWasn't even Hibs best player IMO

Keyser Sauzee
11-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Wasn't even Hibs best player IMO

Who was?

Pretty Boy
11-01-2017, 07:51 PM
My head says good player who would add something to our squad especially after we are promoted.

My hearts says **** him, he made his bed and he can lie in it. He'll be counting his cash whilst McGinn and Fyvie count their medals.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Who was?McGeouch was excellent, so was Fyvie when we signed him in Jan. Cummings/Malonga scored about 40 goals between them. Allan was good, no doubt, but he wasn't our best player by far.

WS Hibs
11-01-2017, 07:56 PM
I don't like Scott Allan, but I don't hate him as much as some people seem to. Hibs did pretty well out of his "betrayal" - £300k, Dylan McGeouch and Liam Henderson on loan for a season. If he'd left us completely high and dry, I'd have a lot more animosity towards him.

I think Scott Allan was great at Hibs, but I don't think he was quite as great as some people remember him. He was certainly a fantastic player to have in the big games with his spark of creativity - particularly that 4-0 against Rangers.

Overall, I'd say that if Lennon's thinking of going after Scott Allan, he'd be better holding off until the summer. Hopefully we'll have Premiership football back at Easter Road and if Scott Allan wants to use Hibs as a stepping stone, he's welcome to it if he can produce a similar season at the top flight level as he did last time. Personally wouldn't let my personal dislike of Allan get in the way of success on the field for Hibs, and a player of his quality would surely help us out.

Keyser Sauzee
11-01-2017, 07:58 PM
McGeouch was excellent, so was Fyvie when we signed him in Jan. Cummings/Malonga scored about 40 goals between them. Allan was good, no doubt, but he wasn't our best player by far.

All of them were better than him or one in particular?

I take ur point about McGeouch as he was very good that year but I still think Allan was better, easily.

The over riding factor is that off the players mentioned only 1 had any interest from other teams, and eventually moved to the current Scottish champions.

Allan was our best player that season, anyone saying differently is bitter at the way he let us IMO.

3pm
11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
He'll end up at the PBS. Unfortunately.

neil7908
11-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Honestly don't understand folk wanting him back. We have about plenty of central midfielders and after the way he left the club I don't think he deserves to play for us again.

calumhibee1
11-01-2017, 08:02 PM
People saying Allan wasn't that good for us are letting his actions cloud there judgement. Scott Allan was one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs.

HappyHibby93
11-01-2017, 08:03 PM
tried to weasel a move to The Sevco, whilst they were our biggest title rivals. Let him rot. Should also be mentioned that he has shown on countless times through his career that he's an arse.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2017, 08:08 PM

I take ur point about McGeouch as he was very good that year but I still think Allan was better, easily.

The over riding factor is that off the players mentioned only 1 had any interest from other teams, and eventually moved to the current Scottish champions.

Allan was our best player that season, anyone saying differently is bitter at the way he let us IMO.What if I said it all throughout that season?

easty
tried to weasel a move to The Sevco, whilst they were our biggest title rivals. Let him rot. Should also be mentioned that he has shown on countless times through his career that he's an arse.

Did he try to weasel a move? They wanted him, they made that quite clear. He told Hibs he wanted to go, I think. In what way did he "weasel it"?

brianmc
The boy's a fud. He showed it at dundee utd to get his (failed) move down south. Rescued by Stubbs and given a platform to show his talents he showed his fudness again to agitate for a move to his heroes, the rangers. He then further showed just how much of an absolute fud he was by sticking it to the huns and taking the 50 pieces of silver from sellic to rot on their bench.
A shameful waste of talent but he's a fud. Clearly only interested in £££'s and completely ungrateful for any second or third chance he's been given.
If he drops out the game into complete obscurity I won't shed a tear.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2017, 08:09 PM

Allan was our best player that season, anyone saying differently is bitter at the way he let us IMO.

Or maybe they just have a different opinion.

easty
11-01-2017, 08:09 PM
What if I said it all throughout that season?

You'd have been wrong for a longer period than I'd originally thought...I suppose.

WS Hibs
11-01-2017, 08:12 PM
I'm not quite sure the 'rescued by Stubbs' stuff is accurate. He took a chance on him, but there were other clubs in for him after he was released by West Brom. He wouldn't have been without a club for long.

Keyser Sauzee
11-01-2017, 08:17 PM
What if I said it all throughout that season?

I'd say u were wrong then, like just as u are now.

Or maybe they just have a different opinion.

True they do, I forgot that....

Gmack7
11-01-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm not quite sure the 'rescued by Stubbs' stuff is accurate. He took a chance on him, but there were other clubs in for him after he was released by West Brom. He wouldn't have been without a club for long.

And I doubt he'll be short of offers this time either

Big_Franck
11-01-2017, 08:34 PM
McGeouch was excellent, so was Fyvie when we signed him in Jan. Cummings/Malonga scored about 40 goals between them. Allan was good, no doubt, but he wasn't our best player by far.

Agreed, I think Allan's performances for us have got better and better the longer he's been away. On his day, once every 3/4 weeks he was great. He also had a good number of games where he constantly gave the ball away and didn't track back though. That season McGeough was just as important to our side, if not more so IMO. McGeough was more consistent but didn't have a performance like Allan's in the 4-0 rout of the huns.

He's not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is and he doesn't appear to be good for team morale. Not for me.

jeffers
11-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Can't see it happening but would take him back in a minute. Him and McGinn together in the midfield would be a fantastic pairing. IMO we've missed someone to play that killer pass since he left. Again imo a far better player than McGeoch, he didn't get player of the season in the league by mistake. One of the most positive players I've seen play for Hibs. Every time he got the ball his first instinct was to try and do something to influence the game.

i don't really care if he isn't popular for his antics last season I care about us getting promoted. The Scott Allan who played the full season with us would go a long way to ensuring that happens

lord bunberry
11-01-2017, 08:48 PM
People saying Allan wasn't that good for us are letting his actions cloud there judgement. Scott Allan was one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs.
I agree, he was a joy to watch.

1875STEVE
11-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Fantastic player, would be an excellent signing, but I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Acted like an erse to our club.

Weasel.

WeeRussell
11-01-2017, 08:59 PM

100%

Is It On....
11-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Such a waste.

Look at John McGinn - three years younger and less natural talent but already he's played about twice as many first team games, with 2 Scotland caps to boot. Scott Allan should ask himself why that is the case.

In a nutshell..

WhileTheChief..
11-01-2017, 09:01 PM
If he ends up at Dundee Utd folk will blame Petrie for not bringing him back :greengrin

Is It On....
11-01-2017, 09:02 PM
I agree, he was a joy to watch.

My dad, who has watched Hibs since the 50s, would agree with you 100%.

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2017, 09:03 PM

Great point. We'd have slavishly played to him all the time and MacKay or Halliday would have stuck to him like glue and got the plaudits from the weedge press for 'marking him out the game'.

It was, as the banner said, 'a time for heroes' and Hendo, Fritz and SJM were the gutbusters (to say nothing of Stokesy and SDG) who turned it our way. *

*In case anybody missed this one, Hibs defeated Rangers 3-2 in the final of the Scottish Cup at Hampden on May 21st, 2016, where a dramatic David Gray stoppage time header brought the cup back to Easter Road for the first time in 114 years.

Itsnoteasy
11-01-2017, 09:10 PM
He was the best player in that league by a country mile, nevermind the best player in our team.

Hardly. And how many goals did he score for us. Just use the one hand. Also in his career he has had 6 loan moves not far behind Tony Watt. Over rated over paid under achieving welt.

Itsnoteasy
11-01-2017, 09:12 PM
My dad, who has watched Hibs since the 50s, would agree with you 100%.

My dad wouldn't. He has been watching Hibs since the 40's and still attends home & away every week.

Jim44
11-01-2017, 09:18 PM
"Alan Stubbs axes Celtic loanee Scott Allan and tells the midfielder to up his game
ROTHERHAM boss drops Hoops player to allow him to reflect on his recent performances for the English Championship side. "

Nobody will convince me that Mr Allan doesn't have an attitude problem. His career could be over long before it has got off the ground.

WS Hibs
11-01-2017, 09:18 PM
*In case anybody missed this one, Hibs defeated Rangers 3-2 in the final of the Scottish Cup at Hampden on May 21st, 2016, where a dramatic David Gray stoppage time header brought the cup back to Easter Road for the first time in 114 years.

:thumbsup:http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Smartie
11-01-2017, 09:19 PM
In case anyone is interested, my Dad hates football and probably doesn't have a clue who Scott Allan is.

Is It On....
11-01-2017, 09:26 PM
My dad wouldn't. He has been watching Hibs since the 40's and still attends home & away every week.

Too cold for my dad to go to away games these days though he does enjoy telling me about a certain away game he attended on 1st Jan 1973..

H18 SFR
11-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Jesus, McGinn has played 40 games more and he is three years younger.

Captain Trips
11-01-2017, 09:31 PM
IMO getting way overhyped.

LithgaeHibby
11-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Bringing SA back would split our dressing room. Just ask big Fonts what he thinks about him.

H18 SFR
11-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Bringing SA back would split our dressing room. Just ask big Fonts what he thinks about him.

What have you heard?

Carheenlea
11-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Hibs and Scott Allan just felt like a really great fit at the time, and he looked to be settled, playing great stuff, being touted for International call ups and appeared to be enjoying his football.
Given the circumstances of his departure and the quality of our current midfield, he is not one I'd be desperate to see back. I'd hate to see him end up at Hearts though.

.Sean.
11-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Do tell?

LithgaeHibby
11-01-2017, 09:49 PM
After we failed to come through the play-offs at the end of the 2014-15 season, Fonts and SA made a gentleman's agreement to stay with Hibs and help to get us promoted the next season, no matter what other offers came in. One of those two stuck to the agreement even if it didn't lead to promotion. Apparently Fonts (and others) went tonto with SA when he shot off as soon as the ugly sisters came calling. We have a great dressing room just now, so it's a no thanks for me.

Itsnoteasy
11-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Too cold for my dad to go to away games these days though he does enjoy telling me about a certain away game he attended on 1st Jan 1973..

I was just 2 then. Couldn't get ma daytime nap due to all the noise cumin fi Tyne.

Ilovehibs
11-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Don't want him back with us but would hate it if he went to the jambos. For all I dislike the man, he is a very good player. Let's hope if doesn't happen.

Sir David Gray
11-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Scott Allan is 25 years old and only made a little more than 100 first team appearances in his career, since he made his debut just over six years ago.

I think that tells you all that you need to know.

I wouldn't have him back even if he offered to pay to get a game for us.

allezsauzee
11-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Allan is a good footballer but there is clearly an issue with his attitude. At best we'd maybe get another good season out of him and then he'd be fancying a move elsewhere

Jones28
11-01-2017, 10:26 PM

Surely not?

MagicSwirlingShip
11-01-2017, 10:30 PM
I loved watching Scott Allan at Hibs. Great passer of the ball, and could travel at speed.

However, I wouldn't bring him back at Hibs considering the midfield we now have, and also who is waiting for their turn on the bench (Scott Martin anyone)

Wish him all the best though - his performance in the 4-0 destruction of Der Hun was sublime and one of my favourite ever games at Easter Rd.:agree:

Lago
11-01-2017, 10:41 PM
:top marks:greengrin
In case anyone is interested, my Dad hates football and probably doesn't have a clue who Scott Allan is.

Foritza
11-01-2017, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=MagicSwirlingShip;4905005]I loved watching Scott Allan at Hibs. Great passer of the ball, and could travel at speed.

However, I wouldn't bring him back at Hibs considering the midfield we now have, and also who is waiting for their turn on the bench (Scott Martin anyone)

Wish him all the best though

Agree on of the finest displays from a Hibs player against the old firm since Peter Marinello ran Rangers ragged with his baseball boots on at Ibrox in 1969

Dunbar Hibee
11-01-2017, 11:04 PM
He was a fantastic player for us, there's no denying that. The way he tried to engineer a move to our title rivals (couldn't give a **** if he's a Rangers fan or not) was disgusting and disrupted our whole squad. For that reason, the wee backstabbing judas **** can rot IMO.

Dub
11-01-2017, 11:07 PM
What game did SA not give 100%?

Where did I say he didnt give 100% in games? I meant he was obviously more committed to moving to the huns the first chance he got. I'm glad Celtc took him though as we got a decent deal out of it in the end.

PS. There doesnt appear to be a notification box letting me know you replied so I just happened upon your post. Not sure if I have to activate that function or if it just doesnt exist.

zlatan
11-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Scott Allan in the semi final defeat to Falkirk ranks amongst some of the best individual displays I've seen from a Hibs player.

Wee fanny but there have been others who have left under iffy circumstances and came back. All part of the fickle joy of being a football fan.

southsider
11-01-2017, 11:11 PM
He was a fantastic player for us, there's no denying that. The way he tried to engineer a move to our title rivals (couldn't give a **** if he's a Rangers fan or not) was disgusting and disrupted our whole squad. For that reason, the wee backstabbing judas **** can rot IMO.
Helped get AS the sack from Rotherham. It's a 2 from me.

Northernhibee
11-01-2017, 11:15 PM
We rescued his career, he threw it back in our face. Hope he rots away in the lower leagues, another little chancer who can tell stories of how he was once a full time footballer.

**** him.

Eyrie
11-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Superb player on his day when the team was set up around him, but equally he could be very frustrating.

I don't see a place for him in the current squad even before considering his antics here and elsewhere.

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Scott Allan in the semi final defeat to Falkirk ranks amongst some of the best individual displays I've seen from a Hibs player.

Wee fanny but there have been others who have left under iffy circumstances and came back. All part of the fickle joy of being a football fan.

I completely agree, but also think we'd have more than likely have won that tie without him. Therein lies the paradox of SA.

Stantons Angel
11-01-2017, 11:53 PM

You mean like hiding in more games than doing what we know he can do?

You mean coming out in the media and swearing his undying allegiance to Hibs and the contract he signed, then engineering a move away to Rangers.

He is a class player when he wants to be, but he used us and lied to us openly, why should we want him back again?

We have a tight bond of players now who have tasted success and want more. We know they will not let us down in trying to win this league and get us up there where we belong. With him i wouldnt be believing anything he said the players we have play for each other as a team. he would bring an attitude of ME ME ME!

Rangers dont seem to want him any more when we dont have him anyway!

chrisski33
12-01-2017, 12:31 AM
He will never be back so lets move on!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Has player left Hibs?
If Yes, have they been playing recently?
--If No speculate on off loading and a potential return
-- If No and returned to parent club speculate about a potential return
-- If yes and playing fantasise about a potential return
If No
Speculate they are agitating for move and debate selling on fee showing ambition by going down south
Else
Speculate about return to Hibs
Repeat

Note to pedants: my formatting was stripped out...

Andy74
12-01-2017, 09:08 AM
Showed he can be a fantastic player if he actually stayed in the one place and played football games.

I'm not too bothered about him wanting to progress and move on at some stage. The fact he couldn't just see out a few important months and the way he we've about things showed he has no right to be pulling on our shirt again.

Captain Trips
12-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Jeez 123 posts about a guy who had a good season then wanted to join Sevco in order we didnt win league.

So now I have contributed so going to start a thread about folk here deserving of pages.

calumhibee1
12-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Surely not?

I'm 26. In my lifetime I'd say that other than Latapy and Brown he's the best midfielder I've seen at Hibs. I also believe that on his form from his Hibs career he could be starting in the EPL. Let's bare in mind he could dribble better than anyone in our team, cross better than anyone in our team, pass better than anyone in our team, was deceptively quick and other than Boyle was probably the quickest in our team. He was outstanding at Hibs, him being a welt of a guy doesn't change that.

Salt N Sauzee
12-01-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm 26. In my lifetime I'd say that other than Latapy and Brown he's the best midfielder I've seen at Hibs. I also believe that on his form from his Hibs career he could be starting in the EPL. Let's bare in mind he could dribble better than anyone in our team, cross better than anyone in our team, pass better than anyone in our team, was deceptively quick and other than Boyle was probably the quickest in our team. He was outstanding at Hibs, him being a welt of a guy doesn't change that.

Better than Sauzee, McGinn & Zemmama too? No chance.

.Sean.
12-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Some of you really need to get the rose tinted glasses off regarding that wee rat. I've been watching Hibs every week for 15 years and he's nowhere near the top 5 even I've seen.

Lets not forget on the whole he was also playing against absolute pish.

calumhibee1
12-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Better than Sauzee, McGinn & Zemmama too? No chance.

I always remember Sauzee as a defender rather than a midfielder? McGinn, not alot between them, definitely a better player than Zemmama.

J-C
12-01-2017, 10:59 AM
I always remember Sauzee as a defender rather than a midfielder? McGinn, not alot between them, definitely a better player than Zemmama.

Sauzee dropped into the defence when his legs started to go but the brain was still outstanding Allan couldn't lace Latapy's boots, nor Cropley, I would even say Brown and Thomson were better midfielders than Allan.

Allan is a very talented lad but only when he can be ersed, he's worked his ticket wherever he's been and treated Hibernian football club and it's supporters with such disdain that he should only be back here playing for another club. I don't know what Stubs did to get that one season out of him but whatever it was he couldn't replicate it at Rotherham.

--------
12-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Sauzee dropped into the defence when his legs started to go but the brain was still outstanding Allan couldn't lace Latapy's boots, nor Cropley, I would even say Brown and Thomson were better midfielders than Allan.

Allan is a very talented lad but only when he can be ersed, he's worked his ticket wherever he's been and treated Hibernian football club and it's supporters with such disdain that he should only be back here playing for another club. I don't know what Stubbs did to get that one season out of him but whatever it was he couldn't replicate it at Rotherham.

I don't think there's any doubt that Scott Allan could be (should be!) playing at a much bigger club than on a loan at Barnsley. He's a very talented player, but like a lot of players of his generation he seems to have a very short-term view of things - more interested in the glamour and razza-ma-tazz than in getting his head down and grafting.

He should be a first pick for the Scotland team - have you seen some of the guys who get picked ahead of him? He should be on our screens every week playing for a good EPL side, not struggling to get into a lower-league club's first team because no one can quite trust him to put in a shift for the jersey.

Hibs gave him a chance. In the end, he let us down.

Celtic gave him a chance. He didn't perform.

Barnsley gave him a chance (actually, this was Stubbs giving him a second chance). Look at the outcome.

Says it all, really.

Iain G
12-01-2017, 11:53 AM

He isn't fit to lace Boozy's boots! He had one good season and didn't really produce as often as he should, he certainly wasn't "outstanding".

As I said before, would have Fyvie, McGinn, McGeough and Commons easily ahead of him in our midfield. :agree:

Keith_M
12-01-2017, 11:56 AM
You really can't blame him, the poor laddie just wanted to play alongside his best pal at The Rangers and we ruined his boyhood dream.

Sorry, I can't write any more cos I can feel the tears welling up now...

dchibs
12-01-2017, 11:58 AM

Aye your dad me and many Hibs fans certantly didn't feel the cold that day.

supermcginn
12-01-2017, 12:00 PM
He isn't fit to lace Boozy's boots! He had one good season and didn't really produce as often as he should, he certainly wasn't "outstanding".

As I said before, would have Fyvie, McGinn, McGeough and Commons easily ahead of him in our midfield. :agree:
He was outstanding im afraid, some of the games were really turgid but his displays made it worth going, only guy id pick ahead of him is mcginn!

Iain G
12-01-2017, 12:42 PM
He was outstanding im afraid, some of the games were really turgid but his displays made it worth going, only guy id pick ahead of him is mcginn!

Can't agree! And why are we are still obsessing about the two faced back stabbing Hun loving egotist? :confused::greengrin

Seveno
12-01-2017, 12:42 PM
I would bring him back - to clean the boots of John McGinn and, hopefully, Liam Henderson.

12-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Sad waste of a very good talent. Don't like the way he treated the club though. The huns put in a pitiful offer for him knowing fine well hibs would tell them to bolt but all they wanted to do was turn Scott Allans head and along with their wee buddies in the media they wanted to stir up **** at hibs and get him to hand in a transfer request. Allan took the bate and wanted away to them. Felt it was a big slap in the face to hibs and Stubbs who had given him a chance and revived his career. The huns were our title rivals at the time ffs. Glad he didn't go there but lets face it celtic had no real interest in him until the huns starting making such a huge deal of getting him. Celtic just wanted to get him as a big "haha GIRFUY" to rangers IMO.

On his day hes absolutely unreal but his attitude was a big **** you to hibs IMO. In hindsight we actually came off very well in the Allan deal. We used the money to permanently sign McGeouch and we got Hendo on loan. Both had a huge hand in us winning the SC and now hibs legends.

Would I take him back? Yes. I would never turn down a talent like that but I would be wary of his attitude as he seems to have build a bit of a reputation for throwing his toys out the pram. We have a close knit dressing room with high morale and togetherness so the last thing we need is someone who would act like a brat. If Scott Allan had any sense at all he would just get his head down and focus on salvaging a career because its going nowhere fast atm.

Monts
12-01-2017, 01:16 PM
The thing with Allan is that there is a difference between being the most talented and being the best.

He divided opinion even when he was here. I remember making the point about him being lazy when things didn't work for him and just giving up. I was given a fair bit of sick for that view at the time, but I stick by it.

No doubt he's a talented footballer. The way he can open up the centre of the pitch is great to watch. But he never worked enough on the other side of his game. Working for the team.

Salt N Sauzee
12-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Can't believe folk would take him back after the bother he created at the start of last season.

He's a rat and I don't want him anywhere near Hibs.

WeeRussell
12-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Can't believe folk would take him back after the bother he created at the start of last season.

I can't believe people think the Scott Allan that played for us couldn't get in our current team, just because they don't like him now.

Iain G
12-01-2017, 02:58 PM
I can't believe people think the Scott Allan that played for us couldn't get in our current team, just because they don't like him now.

I always thought McGeough was the more effective player when Allan was here.

.Sean.
12-01-2017, 03:00 PM

Finally someone talking some sense.

Hes no even welcome to pay at the turnstile and watch us as far as I'm concerned.

Craig_HFC
12-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Scotty Who?

That rat with the mingin' 90's boyband haircut? He can get ****ed.

Salt N Sauzee
12-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Finally someone talking some sense.

Hes no even welcome to pay at the turnstile and watch us as far as I'm concerned.

Scotty Who?

That rat with the mingin' 90's boyband haircut? He can get ****ed.

:aok:

pacoluna
12-01-2017, 03:21 PM
No Chance, Zemamma was a better player for me, league cup winner, SPL player with a hibs team that had had the likes of boozy, thompson, brown and shields in midfield. His career was derailed a bit through injury not arrogance.

HibernianJK
12-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Agreed, even when he was playing well the rest of the team often lacked the skill and vision to latch onto his passes. That's not his fault but why have someone who is too advanced for his team mates if it becomes counter productive.

Sorry what? So we don't sign better players than what we have because the other players aren't good enough to play with them? Are you serious?

HibernianJK
12-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Scott Allan, from what I saw, was up there with Brown, Thomson, Mcginn ability wise. Not in the same class as Sauzee and Latapy IMO. I believe he is a better player than Henderson however the drive and determination Henderson seems to have will probably see him have more career success.

Loved Allan when he was at Hibs and like most felt pretty stabbed in the back they way treated the club last season. Anyone claiming the Scott Allan of 2 seasons ago would not improve this squad are completely blinded by his actions.

Not a fan of him as a person, but there's no denying he was clearly the best player in our Hibs team 2 years ago.

Thecat23
12-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Scott Allan was miles and I mean miles ahead of anyone else on the park when he was here. Lad was superb but shame he was a bit of a clown.

Anyway he's no coming back here so I'm not to fussed about him. Although I have heard the dark side could be planning to get him there.

12-01-2017, 04:41 PM
The game that always sticks out for me when talking about Scott Allan is the 4-0 hammering of the huns at ER. Allan absolutely ran a mock that day, rangers had absolutely no answers to him at all. Black couldn't get anywhere near him hence he had to resort to trying to hack him down. Allan frustrated the life out of him that day resulting in the rangers bench taking him off as it was almost a certainty that if he had stayed on he would have lost the plot and gotten himself sent off.

The vision for the passes that led to the 3rd and 4th goals was just amazing.

greenpaper55
12-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Just because he "let us down" it seems many on here would not take him back , if he returned and made the difference between staying in this league or promotion you would rather we stayed down ! I suppose you would not have Scot Brown back as he did the same or Griffiths as he never saw his contract out with Wolves and signed for us for nowt ! I would take the devil himself if it guaranteed that we got out of this crappy league.

BSEJVT
12-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Its not the fact that he lets us down that would prevent me having him back.

I just feel that he completely over performed in his season here and nothing before or after has suggested he is capable of reaching let alone sustaining those heights again.

WeeRussell
12-01-2017, 05:28 PM

I just feel that he completely over performed in his season here and nothing before or after has suggested he is capable of reaching let alone sustaining those heights again.

In the short spells he played for Dundee United (while being frozen out by Houston) he looked superb, as a young player. His talent has never been in question - hence a few of us were fairly excited when stubbs first signed him. Surely in the time you seen him at hibs, you can't think he was just on a lucky bit of form and isn't exceptionally talented?

If you're not in the "he's got a ***** attitude" or "he stabbed us in the back" camp; I'm surprised to read there's another reason to doubt what an effective player he'd be.

I don't for a second think he's coming back here, by the way. Only responding to the hypothetical conversation 👍🏻

jacomo
12-01-2017, 06:18 PM

:agree:

I don't expect loyalty from footballers anymore. But SA simply hasn't done anything since he left us.

Maybe he just hates being at Celtc, but he did nowt at Rotherham either.

Meanwhile our midfield has improved. At the moment I don't think he'd deserve a starting place and I don't think he'd be a good addition to the squad. The 'spirit within the camp', as they say, looks good right now. Why risk it?

IWasThere2016
12-01-2017, 06:35 PM

I played with lads who went pro, and watch a lot of laddies' football - again many going pro - no one, not one, was as good as Scott Allan.

He is an exceptional footballer.

However, his motivation/professionalism can be questioned - no doubt - but he did nit over perform .. what he gave is what he is capable of.

3pm
12-01-2017, 06:46 PM
I played with lads who went pro, and watch a lot of laddies' football - again many going pro - no one, not one, was as good as Scott Allan.

However, his motivation/professionalism can be questioned - no doubt - but he did nit over perform .. what he gave is what he is capable of.

Agreed.

BSEJVT
12-01-2017, 06:51 PM

There are more factors than just raw ability in performing at a level you are capable of.

As you rightly state his motivation / professionalism should be questioned.

His ability, character and numerous other factors determine his ongoing capabilities or lack thereof

Probably poorly expressed on my part but what I was alluding to was that IMO he delivered far more here than he has consistently before or for that matter is ever likely to do again.

I wouldn't want us to take on that baggage or risk and for all that purple patch he had, we were never promoted or won the cup.

mjhibby
12-01-2017, 07:07 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. Used to chuckle when he would hit a 40 yard pass right to sir David's feet only for some fan then berate him for not lumping it forward. His display in the 4-0 pumping of sevco was just sublime. If we had someone like Humphrey playing alongside Allan we would score loads more goals. Either he or his agent are to blame for the farce of his behaviour. He can't have many chances left.

Wellbankhibby
12-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Just because he "let us down" it seems many on here would not take him back , if he returned and made the difference between staying in this league or promotion you would rather we stayed down ! I suppose you would not have Scot Brown back as he did the same or Griffiths as he never saw his contract out with Wolves and signed for us for nowt ! I would take the devil himself if it guaranteed that we got out of this crappy league.

Scott Allan is a great talent and if there was a remote chance of him coming back to us we should take it. As stated by many on here he is a great player. How can we disgaurd anyone with his ability. Yes we have improved the past few weeks and had great results against Falkirk & Utd but it's not so long ago we went through a sticky spell. We MUST come up this year. We really can't afford to dismiss any player with the tallent he has. Too many people on thi site hold grudges against players who leave. By the way we as a club negotiated a great deal. I feel NL would be able to keep him in check. We should take any good players that will enable us to win this league, on a final note some folks are saying he may be going to the Yams, I hope he won't end up there, he can do damage to teams of that there is no doubt.:flag:

djs69
12-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Hope he rots in their reserves and ends up playing junior football

The Spaceman
12-01-2017, 09:10 PM
We have a settled squad and the guy is a Grade A knob. Don't think he'd be a good dressing room influence at a time when we need everyone pulling together in the same direction.

Quality player but no thanks.

s.a.m
12-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Scott Allan is a great talent and if there was a remote chance of him coming back to us we should take it. As stated by many on here he is a great player. How can we disgaurd anyone with his ability. Yes we have improved the past few weeks and had great results against Falkirk & Utd but it's not so long ago we went through a sticky spell. We MUST come up this year. We really can't afford to dismiss any player with the tallent he has. Too many people on thi site hold grudges against players who leave. By the way we as a club negotiated a great deal. I feel NL would be able to keep him in check. We should take any good players that will enable us to win this league, on a final note some folks are saying he may be going to the Yams, I hope he won't end up there, he can do damage to teams of that there is no doubt.:flag:

I'd agree with you that he's a very talented player, and that I'd rather he didn't go to Hearts. Would I take him back? Probably not: I don't hate him (or even particularly dislike him), and I hope he manages to make the success of his career that his talent deserves (though not at Hearts) (or the Rangers). However, at this stage, he's a bit of a rescue puppy, and you don't know if after the blood, sweat and tears in rehabilitating his career it will be worth it, or whether he'll just throw a hissy fit and demand to be allowed to leave for whoever is flashing their notes at him. I think what we need just now is a team rather than individuals, and he's probably a bit high maintenance for us.

weecounty hibby
12-01-2017, 09:38 PM
So you have a wife who on her day is a fantastic ride, not a bad cook and pretty good looking. After a year of this she then makes advances to your best mate, starts to be a moody bitch and basically upsets the rest of your family. You then get rid of her for a better model that also comes along with a huge wedge of cash and you have a great time. The old wife then has a string of disastrous relationships where she is well known to have a real attitude problem that no amount of counselling can help. She then may become available again. Do you take her back because she might still be great in bed but will probably still come with all of the problems from before? I certainly wouldn't

12-01-2017, 09:46 PM
I'd agree with you that he's a very talented player, and that I'd rather he didn't go to Hearts. Would I take him back? Probably not: I don't hate him (or even particularly dislike him), and I hope he manages to make the success of his career that his talent deserves (though not at Hearts) (or the Rangers). However, at this stage, he's a bit of a rescue puppy, and you don't know if after the blood, sweat and tears in rehabilitating his career it will be worth it, or whether he'll just throw a hissy fit and demand to be allowed to leave for whoever is flashing their notes at him. I think what we need just now is a team rather than individuals, and he's probably a bit high maintenance for us.

Agreed, fantastic talent but he's built himself a bit of a reputation as being a bit of a diva and someone who can go into a huff if things aren't his way. Amazing considering that before hibs and Stubbs stepped in his career wasn't really going anywhere, you'd think he'd just be grateful for getting another chance. That will put some managers off, nobody wants to bring in someone who could potentially cause trouble. Such a shame when this happens, when players don't reach their potential heights because of attitude.

I always use the example of Ross Caldwell when it comes to this. Obviously Caldwell was absolutely nowhere near the talent level of Scott Allan but nevertheless his career still spiralled down the toilet and I really believe that had a lot to do with his attitude. Good young talent who I believe could have and should have achieved a lot more but after his goal at tynecastle he seemed to think that was it, that he had made it and that he desereved a starting place in the team every week. He tweeted later on down the line a picture of him scoring with the caption "throwback to when I gave a ****". Pretty much says it all. I mean who knows maybe he simply just was never going to make it and would have still ended up on the scrapheap but for me I just sensed a huffy attitude that ultimately led to him not living up to the early expectation. Often the problem with some young players the moment they get themselves a bit of glory or positive headlines, starts going to their head and they suddenly think their the next Messi.

Wellbankhibby
12-01-2017, 09:53 PM
So you have a wife who on her day is a fantastic ride, not a bad cook and pretty good looking. After a year of this she then makes advances to your best mate, starts to be a moody bitch and basically upsets the rest of your family. You then get rid of her for a better model that also comes along with a huge wedge of cash and you have a great time. The old wife then has a string of disastrous relationships where she is well known to have a real attitude problem that no amount of counselling can help. She then may become available again. Do you take her back because she might still be great in bed but will probably still come with all of the problems from before? I certainly wouldn't

We are not discussing wives heaven forbid, I get your meaning and accept other people's opinions. It is my opinion if he were to come back and knuckled down to hard graft and a good attitude we as a club would be daft to reject players with his ability. For instance I don't see many people having a go at Russel lattapy, as much as I loved him at Hibs he lost out on a cup final place for boozing it up that was a very important game for us as fans. We all make mistakes in life the big issue is will he learn from the mistakes. As for wives if she has gained experience with other partners and ultimately found out what she has been missing I would take her back, she would have to pay me though. :aok:

Brightside
12-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Stubbs is the only person to get a run of game out of him. He has a medical issue which means he has to be super careful in his diet to ensure he can see out multiple games. Hibs were strict on that. Without having that support group he has massively struggled.

Mr White
12-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Not only is it pitifully misogynistic in it's entirety, your analogy absolutely drops it's guts at the part in bold.

Itsnoteasy
12-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Stubbs is the only person to get a run of game out of him. He has a medical issue which means he has to be super careful in his diet to ensure he can see out multiple games. Hibs were strict on that. Without having that support group he has massively struggled.

He's not the only one with that condition. It's his life he has to look after himself. The way he's behaving he will be playing part time fitbaw with Edinburgh City & flipping burgers across the road at Mcds. I wonder if Ronald Mcdonald will make sure he has taken his Meds .

12-01-2017, 10:13 PM

Most clubs will have a highly experienced medical teams that could help him manage this condition.

WeeRussell
12-01-2017, 10:15 PM

No. But I don't want to **** Scott Allan. I just think he's a very gifted footballer.

Brightside
12-01-2017, 10:24 PM
He's not the only one with that condition. It's his life he has to look after himself. The way he's behaving he will be playing part time fitbaw with Edinburgh City & flipping burgers across the road at Mcds. I wonder if Ronald Mcdonald will make sure he has taken his Meds .

i dont disagree.

2016 Delivered
12-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Not only is it pitifully misogynistic in it's entirety, your analogy absolutely drops it's guts at the part in bold.

Exactly. The bitterness of some people is incredible and borderline mental. Allan left for money and handed in a transfer request as did Scott Brown. I'm gathering his attitude was the major issue too? Both went to Celtic because they where ambitious. We got Allan because he was ambitious and always wanted to move on, he was amazing for us and wanted to move. End of.

jacomo
13-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Exactly. The bitterness of some people is incredible and borderline mental. Allan left for money and handed in a transfer request as did Scott Brown. I'm gathering his attitude was the major issue too? Both went to Celtic because they where ambitious. We got Allan because he was ambitious and always wanted to move on, he was amazing for us and wanted to move. End of.

For the majority (including me) it's got nothing to do with bitterness.

Just don't fancy him as a player anymore. He's not the first and won't be the last highly talented player to fail because of questionable attitude.

greenpaper55
13-01-2017, 10:18 AM

Oh dear !

Andy74
13-01-2017, 10:23 AM

Nah, the Allan thing was a new level of ridiculous behaviour from a footballer who had done nothing with his career to that point.

He was only one year into a contract, it was the first year he had any sort of run of games, he knew the level of competition between us and Rangers at that point and the pay back for getting his career on track was to try and put our club at risk.

I'm always happy for players to be ambitious but it wouldn't have hurt to buckle down and do what he wanted the next year. It's not as if he had been held here a long time and it was time to go. He was basically just in the door and decided to go again.

No danger he should be back here at any stage, he had the chance to play here and make a real career for himself and he decided that wasn't for him.

greenpaper55
13-01-2017, 10:32 AM
It would seem that some on here would rather that we toiled to win this league rather than take back a player who might just guarantee we won it, utterly bizarre !

Kato
13-01-2017, 10:46 AM

Because he could cause disruption to a very tight dressing room?

Leith's finest
13-01-2017, 10:47 AM
He was brill for us, he ain't coming back to er, time to move on

Bostonhibby
13-01-2017, 10:49 AM
It would seem that some on here would rather that we toiled to win this league rather than take back a player who might just guarantee we won it, utterly bizarre !
Can see where you are coming from if we got the same player before he tried to engineer his preferred move out but a fair bit has happened since and I doubt he'd hit the ground running this window. Not performed at Rotherham by all accounts so I'd rather stick with the midfield we have who should be good enough to get out this league

" I spent some of the happiest days of my football playing life at Easter Road" - Sir Matt Busby

Andy74
13-01-2017, 10:54 AM

I think this is the most bizarre post on this thread.

Blaster
13-01-2017, 11:04 AM
I'd rather we got Liam Henderson

Marco G
13-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Nah, the Allan thing was a new level of ridiculous behaviour from a footballer who had done nothing with his career to that point.

He was only one year into a contract, it was the first year he had any sort of run of games, he knew the level of competition between us and Rangers at that point and the pay back for getting his career on track was to try and put our club at risk.

I'm always happy for players to be ambitious but it wouldn't have hurt to buckle down and do what he wanted the next year. It's not as if he had been held here a long time and it was time to go. He was basically just in the door and decided to go again.

No danger he should be back here at any stage, he had the chance to play here and make a real career for himself and he decided that wasn't for him.
The amount of ill feeling and disruption he caused was terrible for us. Remember it was our main rivals in the league he wanted to go to, though he ended at Celtic.

Sorry, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but once bitten, twice shy, sums it up for me.

essexhibee
13-01-2017, 11:55 AM
That pass he made against Rangers at Ibrox in the 2-0 win still has me in awe. Quite extraordinary how he dissected the defence to put in Jason (albeit who then missed for Robertson to score).

One of the greatest passes I think I've ever seen live.:agree:

Salt N Sauzee
13-01-2017, 12:10 PM

Utterly bizzare to think that we're "toiling" without him.

high bee
13-01-2017, 12:24 PM
That pass he made against Rangers at Ibrox in the 2-0 win still has me in awe. Quite extraordinary how he dissected the defence to put in Jason (albeit who then missed for Robertson to score).

One of the greatest passes I think I've ever seen live.:agree:

I wouldn't even say it was the best pass in that game, Fyvie's chip over the Sevco defence that Lewis volleyed home was sublime for the 2nd goal.

greenpaper55
13-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Utterly bizzare to think that we're "toiling" without him.

Bizarre to think we are running away with this league, it's only a few weeks ago that this place was going mental because we were not running away with it, any player who could help to put us out of sight of our challengers is welcome in my book.

Salt N Sauzee
13-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Bizarre to think we are running away with this league, it's only a few weeks ago that this place was going mental because we were not running away with it, any player who could help to put us out of sight of our challengers is welcome in my book.

That's why we signed Humphrey & Commons. We're doing just fine at the top of the league without him having just served our "challengers" a good old pumping. Scott Allan wouldn't get in our current team and isn't welcome.

keep the faith
13-01-2017, 12:50 PM

That is bang on.

BSEJVT
13-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Not really as a Scott Allan playing at the top of his form didn't guarantee it last time?

Smartie
13-01-2017, 01:51 PM

It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I like this analogy. It has made me spend half the morning trying to work out whether a threesome between me, my missus and my ex might be a viable concern.

The only conclusion I've come to is that it is probably best that we don't try to sign Scott Allan after all.

chippy
13-01-2017, 02:10 PM
It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I like this analogy. It has made me spend half the morning trying to work out whether a threesome between me, my missus and my ex might be a viable concern.

The only conclusion I've come to is that it is probably best that we don't try to sign Scott Allan after all.

If we don't sign him maybe United will. Best for us to have him even if only squad player and if he does the biz again most people will forgive him. Don't fancy him playing for United this season at all. Same goes for GMS

BSEJVT
13-01-2017, 02:15 PM
If we don't sign him maybe United will. Best for us to have him even if only squad player and if he does the biz again most people will forgive him. Don't fancy him playing for United this season at all. Same goes for GMS

Oh my god, does that mean we are going to need to sign Neymar, Suarez & Messi too to prevent United signing them

Cant wait

HibernianJK
13-01-2017, 02:26 PM
While I think Allan would definitely improve our squad I feel we have enough to go up already.

And I can't believe people are saying we sign him just so Hearts and Utd can't. What a waste of money that would be.

snooky
13-01-2017, 03:54 PM

Please, no. That's how the Rantic operate - hooveresque.
Let's not sink to that level.

Northernhibee
13-01-2017, 05:42 PM
In the most honest analysis of this possible - he got into the first Stubbs team because we were rebuilding and he was the best option. He'd struggle to get off the bench for us nowadays.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2017, 05:52 PM
In the most honest analysis of this possible - he got into the first Stubbs team because we were rebuilding and he was the best option. He'd struggle to get off the bench for us nowadays.I'd played him down in this thread but that is way OTT. He would get in ahead of Shinnie and Boyle for sure.

GreenLake
13-01-2017, 06:07 PM

You seriously want to disrupt a team full of proven winners with a consistent loser?

high bee
13-01-2017, 06:09 PM
You seriously want to disrupt a team full of proven winners with a consistent loser?

Exactly, the boy wanted to leave the Scottish Cup winners to go to the Scottish cup runners up then ended sitting on the bench of their rivals who got knocked out in the semis.

Waxy
13-01-2017, 06:15 PM
And how much wages would we have to pay Scott Allen?

Rangers visitor
13-01-2017, 06:39 PM

would he add to the team.?.....if so, a loan where Celtic pay part of his wages might be good, he was good for hibs last time round

Eyrie
13-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Allan can't play wide like Humphrey or Boyle and can't defend like Bartley or Martin, so are we dropping McGinn, Commons, Fyvie or McGeouch to fit Allan into our central midfield?

Allan would be on our bench at best.

Saturday Boy
13-01-2017, 07:57 PM
A bit off topic, but I see a post was deleted for being "bowf". I've not heard that for years.

MyJo
13-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Cracking player but a complete muppet, probably has his agent working overtime to get him a deal in China.

Its all about the money

snooky
13-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Cracking player but a complete muppet, probably has his agent working overtime to get him a deal in China.

Its all about the money

Ching ching?

keep the faith
16-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Lots of people really wanting Swanson. Would way prefer Allan.

HibernianJK
16-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Allan can't play wide like Humphrey or Boyle and can't defend like Bartley or Martin, so are we dropping McGinn, Commons, Fyvie or McGeouch to fit Allan into our central midfield?

Allan would be on our bench at best.

Allan is a better player than Fyvie.

bigwheel
16-01-2017, 09:52 PM

they are completely different players...so very hard to compare.

if I was choosing one for our team though, I'd choose Fyvie every day. Much more reliable, team player, top pro

Mon Dieu4
16-01-2017, 09:56 PM

Perhaps but Allan isn't a defensive midfielder so I'd play Fyvie in his position for Hibs ahead of Allan any day of the week

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2017, 09:56 PM

Not in my opinion, in fact I would say as a professional footballer Fyvie is a class ahead of Allan.

Mr White
16-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Not in my opinion, in fact I would say as a professional footballer Fyvie is a class ahead of Allan.

:agree:

He's already got FA and Scottish cup winners medals and I strongly suspect that by the time both have retired he'll have far more honours to his name than Allan does. As a contrast between the two it's a real affirmation of the saying

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Dalianwanda
16-01-2017, 10:07 PM

Have to disagree.......But I suppose it depends on what your ratin them on..

truehibernian
16-01-2017, 10:11 PM

Technique, yes, attitude no.

Give me Fyvie any day of the week above Allan - Allan is sadly a young man who's a 'has been' - his only out will be if Warburton has the bottle to go for him again - Halliday and Holt have been found out for the poor players they are and unless The Rangers bail Scott out, he's destined for the scrap heap !

Bostonhibby
16-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Agreed and he's contributed a lot more to us in his time here than Allan did even if at times Allan did look a talented player

southsider
16-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Agreed and he's contributed a lot more to us in his time here than Allan did even if at times Allan did look a talented player

This division is as much to do with guts and heart than pure football skill. In the trenches who would u rather have SA or FF ? Fraser, for me, every time.

Bostonhibby
16-01-2017, 11:01 PM
This division is as much to do with guts and heart than pure football skill. In the trenches who would u rather have SA or FF ? Fraser, for me, every time.
Fraser, a good player with good attitude and seems to want to play for us.

Waxy
16-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Fraser. Steamed forward to bring us to attack in the 91st minute at hampden.

snooky
17-01-2017, 12:55 AM

:agree: And every bit an important part in us winning the game as SDG's goal - let's not forget that!

FF :not worth

CMurdoch
17-01-2017, 01:10 AM
Fyvie is always at least a 7 for graft alone

Allan for show
Fyvie for Doh

theonlywayisup
17-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Allan or Fyvie.

Both players' careers have been similar in many respects, but then so different in what they've achieved.

Allan - Played a few games for United and thought he was better than them. Manufactured a move down south and achieved the square root a nothing. Returned to Scotland and settled into a Hibs team that had been relegated to the second league of that country. Played really well, but became a disruptive figure when The Huns declared an interest. Was sold to Celtic, who farmed him off to Rotherham (bottom of the Championship). Rotherham got rid of him as his attitude was poor and disruptive. Thinks he is a better player than he is.

Fyvie - Played a few games for Aberdeen and looked to better himself down south (don't know if that was an amicable separation). Was transferred to a team down south. Whilst not a total success, at least he won a English FA Cup Winners medal - the highlight of many players career. Returned to Scotland and settled into a Hibs team that had been relegated to the second league of that country. Played really well and became a solid dependable player. Became a club legend by being not only a Scottish Cup winner, but someone who played a key role during the game right up to the game defining moment. Gives all in each game.

Allan or Fyvie - there really is no point in discussing this! Scott who!!

Heisenberg
17-01-2017, 07:49 AM
Would be gutted if we couldn't keep hold of Fyvie after this season. He's an absolutely massive player for us.

Thecat23
17-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Would be gutted if we couldn't keep hold of Fyvie after this season. He's an absolutely massive player for us.

I never rated him to be honest and it wasn't until he got injured I appreciated how big a loss to the team he was. I also hope we can keep hold of him. 👍🏼

snooky
17-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Fyvie is always at least a 7 for graft alone

Allan for show
Fyvie for Doh

Spot on. :agree:

(BTW, I don't know if he can sing. I think it's 'dough')

WeeRussell
17-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Scott Allan would struggle to make our bench??! This is like something off of kickback.

Some hugely outlandish statements which I can only put down to ill-feeling over the way he left.

It's all completely hypothetical of course, but ridiculous nonetheless.

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Scott Allan, on his form he was on with us would be first pick in the team if he signed again, like he was last time. Without Commons there we have struggled many times to open teams up, Allan has got that in his locker.

oldbutdim
17-01-2017, 09:21 AM
The mere fact that Scott Allan is thought of in such negative terms by a sizeable chunk of our support is sufficient to ensure that he never plays for us again.
The atmosphere at Dumbarton at ‘that game’ when he divided opinion and was the target for some of our guys was the most poisonous I’ve ever experienced in a Hibs crowd.
Utterly depressing.

Signing Andy Halliday would perhaps be more acceptable to the majority.

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 09:24 AM
The mere fact that Scott Allan is thought of in such negative terms by a sizeable chunk of our support is sufficient to ensure that he never plays for us again.
The atmosphere at Dumbarton at ‘that game’ when he divided opinion and was the target for some of our guys was the most poisonous I’ve ever experienced in a Hibs crowd.
Utterly depressing.

Signing Andy Halliday would perhaps be more acceptable to the majority.

You could say the same for Kevin Thomson and Ian Murray. We got over them quickly.

Juice-Terry
17-01-2017, 09:27 AM
I never rated [Fyvie] to be honest and it wasn't until he got injured I appreciated how big a loss to the team he was. I also hope we can keep hold of him. 👍🏼

I've never rated him either. I think our downturn in form when he was injured was unrelated to our missing him.
:tin hat:

oldbutdim
17-01-2017, 09:35 AM
You could say the same for Kevin Thomson and Ian Murray. We got over them quickly.

Katie and Ihun were unpopular with many - true.
But nothing compared to the furore at Dumbarton.

Billychaotic182
17-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Is he actually linked with a move back or is this just 8 pages of nonsense and pointless bickering?

Aldo
17-01-2017, 09:47 AM

He also chased and harried and won us the corner that led to the equaliser!

I would hope that a new contract will be on the table for FF. He is an integral part of the team and should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week for me!

As for Allan.... he's had his time for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
17-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Allan is arguably the best midfielder I have seen in 11+ years of watching Hibs, possibly second only to Scott Brown.

He's a ****, but that doesn't change my opinion of his ability.

jacomo
17-01-2017, 10:14 AM

Both of them gave us more than a single season before they left Hibs. Both contributed more than SA. Both achieved real success after leaving Hibs. Both were 'our own', so easier to forgive.

Sorry but IMO Scott Allan has blown his career. Huge potential, too little application.

Scouse Hibee
17-01-2017, 11:02 AM
I include ability, desire, attitude and consistency when I judge how good a professional footballer is, Scott Allan doesn't even come in my top ten of Hibs players.

Cameron1875
17-01-2017, 11:06 AM
He's a *** the same way as Halliday, Novo, Ferguson etc. **** them all.

He should never be allowed to put on the Hibs strip again. How he could he have thought he'd get a move to Rangers is beyond belief and a slap in the face to Stubbs/Hibs for getting his career back on track at the time.

Iain G
17-01-2017, 11:18 AM
I include ability, desire, attitude and consistency when I judge how good a professional footballer is, Scott Allan doesn't even come in my top ten of Hibs players.

Agreed. :agree:

Not sure he is even in the top 10 players called Scott who have played for Hibs :greengrin

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Both of them gave us more than a single season before they left Hibs. Both contributed more than SA. Both achieved real success after leaving Hibs. Both were 'our own', so easier to forgive.

Sorry but IMO Scott Allan has blown his career. Huge potential, too little application.

Kevin Thomson in particular was hated more when he moved than Allan and that's a fact. Murray got abuse big time too. If Allan came back knuckled down and showed the form he had previously it would be forgotten. Yes we only had a year but you don't know what guarantees where given to him failing promotion, we got lucky having him in the first place coming into what was a shambles top to bottom.

Steve20
17-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Kevin Thomson in particular was hated more when he moved than Allan and that's a fact. Murray got abuse big time too. If Allan came back knuckled down and showed the form he had previously it would be forgotten. Yes we only had a year but you don't know what guarantees where given to him failing promotion, we got lucky having him in the first place coming into what was a shambles top to bottom.

I think he was the one that got lucky. His career was going nowhere and I'd say he got more from being at Hibs than we did having him.

McGinn and McGeouch are better players anyway.

Thecat23
17-01-2017, 11:49 AM
I think he was the one that got lucky. His career was going nowhere and I'd say he got more from being at Hibs than we did having him.

Agree, Hibs were the ones who saved him from the soccer scrap heap so to speak.

17-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Technique, yes, attitude no.

Give me Fyvie any day of the week above Allan - Allan is sadly a young man who's a 'has been' - his only out will be if Warburton has the bottle to go for him again - Halliday and Holt have been found out for the poor players they are and unless The Rangers bail Scott out, he's destined for the scrap heap !

I agree. Would the huns accept him back though after he snubbed them for celtic? They aren't the most forgiving bunch and despite them all bigging up how much of a rangers fan he was he chose celtic of all clubs. I could see a large element of the rangers support not being too happy to see him crawling back to them regardless of how good a player he is.

17-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Exactly, Allan wasn't doing us some charitable favour by deciding to come and play for us in the championship, it was hibs doing the favour by taking on a player who's career had hit a brick wall and we helped revive it.

biotech
17-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Can't see Rangers, or many other clubs, wanting a recruit a proven disruptive influence. Maybe, Cathro can sort him out with his laptop!

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Nobody knows what other options he had. Let's agree it was a good fit for each other at the time. But if we agreed to let him move on to a club that can treble his wages at least on a bigger stage I can see both points of the arguenebt. Fact is Stubbs took him to Rotherham so it couldn't have been "that" big an issue to him. It was more of a press thing against Hibs more than anything else, he didn't once come out and say publicly he wanted to move to Rangers.

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Can't see Rangers, or many other clubs, wanting a recruit a proven disruptive influence. Maybe, Cathro can sort him out with his laptop!

Where's it proven he's a disruptive influence?

2016 Delivered
17-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Exactly, Allan wasn't doing us some charitable favour by deciding to come and play for us in the championship, it was hibs doing the favour by taking on a player who's career had hit a brick wall and we helped revive it.

No, hibs weren't doing him a charitable favour either. It was a good fit at the time and we got lucky getting him at that level. I'm sure he could have went to the prem very easily.

17-01-2017, 12:12 PM
No, hibs weren't doing him a charitable favour either. It was a good fit at the time and we got lucky getting him at that level. I'm sure he could have went to the prem very easily.

Yes he was a very good capture from Stubbs but Allan was hardly being flooded with offers elsewhere. He's a good player but his career had hit a bit of a dead end. Hibs got him back into the spot light again. Yes, from our point of view it was lucky his career had slumped otherwise we wouldn't have got him but Allan has a lot to be grateful to hibs and Stubbs for.

Beefster
17-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Is he actually linked with a move back or is this just 8 pages of nonsense and pointless bickering?

No, he's not. But it's let folk who hate him vent so that has to be a good thing for society.

tamig
17-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Yes he was a very good capture from Stubbs but Allan was hardly being flooded with offers elsewhere. He's a good player but his career had hit a bit of a dead end. Hibs got him back into the spot light again. Yes, from our point of view it was lucky his career had slumped otherwise we wouldn't have got him but Allan has a lot to be grateful to hibs and Stubbs for.

Indeed. His agent has a lot to answer for. Scott Allan will be a wealthy young man with very little first team football under his belt. The agent is clearly looking to get him as much cash as he can and doesn't seem too fussed as to whether he does anything on the pitch or not.

Beefster
17-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Indeed. His agent has a lot to answer for. Scott Allan will be a wealthy young man with very little first team football under his belt. The agent is clearly looking to get him as much cash as he can and doesn't seem too fussed as to whether he does anything on the pitch or not.

With respect, given Allan's diabetes, that might not be that bad a strategy. Aside from the issues with managing the condition, I'd imagine that there's a higher element of uncertainty in the length of his career.

Peevemor
17-01-2017, 12:23 PM

The Agent is employed by the footballer. It's ultimately the player who decides on any offer his agent finds and he can take advice from anyone he wants. Clubs know about players and, as in any other walk of life, networks exist where initial contact can be made without passing by clubs or agents.

Bostonhibby
17-01-2017, 12:25 PM
This is what does my nut in, he showed ability for a bit at ER. The evidence is there's something about the guy that suggests the ability isn't often shown. For example his stint at Rotherham.

Coupling that with his conduct or what he allowed to happen on his behalf in his desire to be a the rangers player and I'd say he's nowhere near worth the risk as at now