PDA

View Full Version : QPR in for cummings

Ultrabee1-0
10-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Seen this earlier, no surprise teams want him to be fair, as long as we don't get shafted and as much as he's a good player we can't knock back a good fee and good sell on clause, but then again it might be a load of bull.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/transfer-gossip-qpr-barnsley-hibernian-jason-cummings-1001

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Seen this earlier, no surprise teams want him to be fair, as long as we don't get shafted and as much as he's a good player we can't knock back a good fee and good sell on clause, but then again it might be a load of bull.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/transfer-gossip-qpr-barnsley-hibernian-jason-cummings-1001
why can't we knock back a good fee? We already did it once; what has changed?

Onion
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM
If we were mid-table Prem, then sure we'd sell. Hibs would be mad to sell JC in Jan, as he is key to getting us promoted.... unless, we already have Stokes lined up for a surprise return to ER in Jan :cb

Since90+2
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM
If true I reckon Cummings would jump at the chance.

QPR is about the best club he could possibly hope for as they are a fairly big club playing in London's West End with an absolutely minted owner so you'd imagine the wages will be very decent.

If it's true I reckon Jason will want away , just hope that it's not until the end of the season.

edit - Just noticed that website says the rumour was started by the Daily Record which means it's *****.

Dunbar Hibee
10-01-2017, 07:55 PM
If we were mid-table Prem, then sure we'd sell. Hibs would be mad to sell JC in Jan, as he is key to getting us promoted.... unless, we already have Stokes lined up for a surprise return to ER in Jan :cb

As much as I love Stokesy, would prefer to have JC any day of the week.

hibsbollah
10-01-2017, 07:57 PM
As much as I love Stokesy, would prefer to have JC any day of the week.

Wow. I think Stokes is a far more complete player, Cummings probably has more years in front of him of course.

northstandhibby
10-01-2017, 07:57 PM

I'm with you on this one. As soon as I saw the 'Daily Ranger' had been reporting it I thought 'probably a load of cobblers'.

Of course we can knock back a 'good fee'. A brilliant one might just be a different ball-game.

Anything less than 3 mill as a starting bid they can do one.

Glory Glory

CropleyWasGod
10-01-2017, 07:58 PM
At the 2015 AGM, LD was asked about JC's situation. Her response was "we're in control of it.". She then went to use the Scott Allan story as an example of us being in control.....and we came out of that one well ahead.

I've no doubt that the same applies now.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
10-01-2017, 07:58 PM
20 million quid and he's all theirs.

jacomo
10-01-2017, 08:00 PM

That same article suggests Brentford are holding out for £15m for their 24 yr old striker. Madness.

lord bunberry
10-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Wow. I think Stokes is a far more complete player, Cummings probably has more years in front of him of course.
The question is would Stokes come in as a replacement and get as many goals as Cummings would between now and the end of the season? He didn't manage it last season and that's what we would have to weigh up if we did sell him.
Personally I think it would be madness to sell any of our big players now.

Dunbar Hibee
10-01-2017, 08:04 PM

Disagree but there ya go!

Mikey09
10-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Sell him now on the basis he stays on loan till the end of the season.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Disagree but there ya go!
If we have Cummings we likely get promoted as champs and have a very valuable player going forward

If we have Stokes instead of Cummings less likely to get promoted as champs and have a player well past his prime

Earlydelivery
10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Great wee player keep him .

monktonharp
10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Sell him now on the basis he stays on loan till the end of the season.quite like that idea. not sure the buying club would though. everything is for sale, at the right price though

Waxy
10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Keep Cummings. He'll be worth a fortune soon.

Jim44
10-01-2017, 08:14 PM
To get rid of Cummings now would be a case of taking our eye off the ball and possibly suffering the consequences. I think we all witnessed on Friday that the team is coming together at the right time to make a real move to win the league convincingly. I think Cummings is one of the central figures in this.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Keep Cummings. He'll be worth a fortune soon.

:agree: That's why the shambles that is QPR want him, so they can sell him on in a couple of years.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Sell him now on the basis he stays on loan till the end of the season.
whats to stop the player signing a pre contract agreement?

Joe6-2
10-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Great wee player keep him .

What if he wants to go?

Golden Bear
10-01-2017, 08:18 PM
To get rid of Cummings now would be a case of taking our eye off the ball and possibly suffering the consequences. I think we all witnessed on Friday that the team is coming together at the right time to make a real move to win the league convincingly. I think Cummings is one of the central figures in this.

Well said Jim. This is not the time to be shuffling the pack.

jacomo
10-01-2017, 08:18 PM

:agree:

RoxburghHibs
10-01-2017, 08:19 PM

You can only do that in last 6 months.

Keyser Sauzee

The small fact that he isn't in the final 6 months of his contract maybe......

Ringothedog

His 4 year contract I would guess

erin go bragh

His recently signed contract.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2017, 08:21 PM
I would be surprised if clubs of that stature are looking at him at the moment to be honest.

He has an excellent goals return for us but the majority of his goals have come in the Championship and he's never scored in a Premiership match yet. His all round play quite often leaves a lot to be desired and it was only a few weeks ago that Neil Lennon had dropped him from the Hibs first team.

If an English Championship team is in for him, I think he would daft to leave at the moment. He's not even 22 yet and still has a lot of developing to do both technically and mentally.

Assuming we get promoted this season, I would encourage him to stay with us next season and see how that pans out for him in the Premiership. If his impressive goals ratio continues at a higher level then we may see some big bids coming in for him in summer 2018 but leaving just now to sit in the reserves of QPR, or a team like them, would be madness.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:21 PM
His 4 year contract I would guess
I though McGinn was half way through a 4 year contract but Cummings was coming to the end of his?

Ultrabee1-0
10-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Personally I love cummings, he's in every sense of the word a maverick. I would like to see him stay and stay next season and the season after that then he can go. But if he was to go would it be the end of the world? I don't think so, I would be confident that lennon would bring someone in to bang them in just as much a Jason and at a similar age while lennon grooms his younger players into the premiership. Just my opinion.

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2017, 08:23 PM
whats to stop the player signing a pre contract agreement?The new 4 year deal he signed?

Ringothedog
10-01-2017, 08:26 PM
I though McGinn was half way through a 4 year contract but Cummings was coming to the end of his?

He signed a new 4 year contract at the start of the season, Lennon flew him over to Paris to discuss it during the Euros and had his pals like Shearer ect have a wee chat with him.

Earlydelivery
10-01-2017, 08:29 PM
What if he wants to go?
It doesn't looked like he's rocking the boat .

Earlydelivery
10-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Look

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:32 PM
He signed a new 4 year contract at the start of the season, Lennon flew him over to Paris to discuss it during the Euros and had his pals like Shearer ect have a wee chat with him.
ok, i forgot that. So nothing has changed since we declined a 1.7m bid then

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-01-2017, 08:34 PM
No player involved in the first team this season leaves Hibs until the summer.

"Crazy money" to me is 4, 5 million at which point we have no choice but to accept however no team (rightly so) would offer that

Keeping the squad together, finally getting out this division and thus adding another 2k on to our average gate next season is more important, at which point the club have decisions to make regarding our talented youngsters

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:37 PM
No player involved in the first team this season leaves Hibs until the summer.

"Crazy money" to me is 4, 5 million at which point we have no choice but to accept however no team (rightly so) would offer that

Keeping the squad together, finally getting out this division and thus adding another 2k on to our average gate next season is more important, at which point the club have decisions to make regarding our talented youngsters
agreed but not just decisions re talented youngsters. Decisions regarding making sure we have a strong squad capable of making us competitive in the premier league again.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2017, 08:41 PM

I dont know if we are interested, but just had a message 5 minutes ago he's being allowed to leave Blackburn on loan.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-01-2017, 08:43 PM
agreed but not just decisions re talented youngsters. Decisions regarding making sure we have a strong squad capable of making us competitive in the premier league again.

Absolutely mate although strange as it sounds, our squad is actually built for the premier league where teams will attack us. Getting players like Fyvie/McGregor tied down on long term deals would be my priority

Summer window could be epic. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the likes of Hendo and Stokes return

Sergey
10-01-2017, 08:44 PM
I dont know if we are interested, but just had a message 5 minutes ago he's being allowed to leave Blackburn on loan.

Stokes up front with his old buddy Samaras will see us skoosh this division. :partyhibb

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 08:44 PM
I would be surprised if clubs of that stature are looking at him at the moment to be honest.

He has an excellent goals return for us but the majority of his goals have come in the Championship and he's never scored in a Premiership match yet. His all round play quite often leaves a lot to be desired and it was only a few weeks ago that Neil Lennon had dropped him from the Hibs first team.

If an English Championship team is in for him, I think he would daft to leave at the moment. He's not even 22 yet and still has a lot of developing to do both technically and mentally.

Assuming we get promoted this season, I would encourage him to stay with us next season and see how that pans out for him in the Premiership. If his impressive goals ratio continues at a higher level then we may see some big bids coming in for him in summer 2018 but leaving just now to sit in the reserves of QPR, or a team like them, would be madness.

He scored twice in a premiership match in his first season..?

Also 16 of his 48 goals have come against current Scottish Premiership sides...

Tamhere1875
10-01-2017, 08:48 PM
The guy that started this rumour on twitter is the same guy that was meant to have seen Sameras at Edinburgh airport. to be taken with a pinch of salt

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Stokes up front with his old buddy Samaras will see us skoosh this division. :partyhibb
supported by Hendo, Christie and Commons.................may as well go the whole hog and get Allen back as well

Waxy
10-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Wouldn't like to see Jason sitting on the QPR bench for the next few years. It's the wrong time for him. Isnt Malonga a bench warmer in the Italian second? Not to mention Scott Allen whos career sky rocketed when he left Hibs. We are the perfect club for Jason for the next couple of seasons AND we need him.

Dibben
10-01-2017, 08:53 PM

Jason's first goals for Hibs was against Accies in the Play offs!

He has however scored goals against Premiership teams since!!

BH Hibs
10-01-2017, 08:54 PM
supported by Hendo, Christie and Commons.................may as well go the whole hog and get Allen back as well

Nah Broony mate. :greengrin

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't like to see Jason sitting on the QPR bench for the next few years. It's the wrong time for him. Isnt Malonga a bench warmer in the Italian second? Not to mention Scott Allen whos career sky rocketed when he left Hibs. We are the perfect club for Jason for the next couple of seasons AND we need him.
If we let him go it'll just start endless threads from everyone saying when are we going to get him back........

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Jason's first goals for Hibs was against Accies in the Play offs!

He has however scored goals against Premiership teams since!!

Which was a premiership game.

Keyser Sauzee
10-01-2017, 08:57 PM

Against a championship team

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 09:05 PM

The point was 'he's never scored in a premiership match' - which he has.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 09:08 PM
so was it a premiership or championship play off game? I think the former

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 09:09 PM
so was it a premiership or championship play off game? I think the former

It was the final of the premiership play off.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2017, 09:13 PM

The point was 'he's never scored in a premiership match' - which he has.

He hasn't, the play off match he scored in wasn't a Premiership match - Hamilton were a Championship side at the time.

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 09:15 PM
He hasn't, the play off match he scored in wasn't a Premiership match - Hamilton were a Championship side at the time.

Scottish Premiership - play off... Might want to let the SPFL know that it's not a premiership tie.

brog
10-01-2017, 09:20 PM

Does it really matter? JC has scored several goals against the teams currently 2nd & 4th in the top tier. He only played a handful of games in the Prem as a teenager.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Scottish Premiership - play off... Might want to let the SPFL know that it's not a premiership tie.

Try using your season ticket to get in if we're involved in the play offs again at the end of the season. Let me know how you get on. :aok:

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Try using your season ticket to get in if we're involved in the play offs again at the end of the season. Let me know how you get on. :aok:

It got me in that day... Next point?

Sir David Gray
10-01-2017, 09:32 PM

Not sure if you're being awkward on purpose or not.

Either way, I'm done.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Does it really matter? JC has scored several goals against the teams currently 2nd & 4th in the top tier. He only played a handful of games in the Prem as a teenager.
of course it matters......dont you know we have nothing better to do than this:greengrin

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Not sure if you're being awkward on purpose or not.

Either way, I'm done.

You based your argument on whether or not I could use a season ticket, which I could that day... No awkwardness, just a plain fact. Whether people want to give him credit or not he has scored twice in a premiership tie, and also 16 against current premiership sides, so the myth about him not doing it at that level is nonsense.

Enough said
10-01-2017, 09:36 PM

We need to win the league , why would you want to sell our best goals scorer???

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 09:37 PM
We need to win the league , why would you want to sell our best goals scorer???
not me, I say knock it back if we get one

Glory Lurker
of course it matters......dont you know we have nothing better to do than this:greengrin

True dat. :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray

I think it does matter. I think he needs to prove that he can score week in and week out against the best defences in the country and he can only do that if he's playing in the top league. I think there's no doubt he has the potential to do that as he's shown in the cup games over the last couple of years but I think he needs to score 15-20 goals over an entire season in the Premiership before he can say with any certainty that he's ready to move to England.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 09:40 PM
I think it does matter. I think he needs to prove that he can score week in and week out against the best defences in the country and he can only do that if he's playing in the top league. I think there's no doubt he has the potential to do that as he's shown in the cup games over the last couple of years but I think he needs to score 15-20 goals over an entire season in the Premiership before he can say with any certainty that he's ready to move to England.
funnily enough with more open games in the premiership he may find it easier to score? Also seems to up his game against the bigger teams. He has a great record against The Rangers.......

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 09:43 PM
The guy that started this rumour on twitter is the same guy that was meant to have seen Sameras at Edinburgh airport. to be taken with a pinch of salt

That is a huge steaming pile of male farm animal manure.

BullsCloseHibs
10-01-2017, 09:44 PM
QPR are crap. Be a good fusion perhaps

Vault Boy
10-01-2017, 09:49 PM

I'm not so sure to be honest. In theory this is sound but in practice it seems to be a case by case business, some players just click in England whilst others seem unable to make the step up. It's such a low risk market for English clubs to tap in to, if a player shows clear potential for sizeable club like Hibs I think valuation stays pretty much the same regardless of our league status, unless of course we went up and Jason managed to hit 30 or something ridiculous like that.

I wouldn't disagree that it matters - it does, he will be worth more after a season of scoring in the top flight, no doubt, I just don't think it changes that significantly, particularly when concerning his relative ableness to play in England.

J-C
10-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Having watched the Leeds cup match last night, I'd be very surprised if Cummings couldn't do well in the English Championship, Leeds are sitting around 7th and I wasn't too impressed, even Birmingham in our pre season game.

Vault Boy
10-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Having watched the Leeds cup match last night, I'd be very surprised if Cummings couldn't do well in the English Championship, Leeds are sitting around 7th and I wasn't too impressed, even Birmingham in our pre season game.

Jason would struggle at a team toiling in their league, but at a club that creates chances and spends most games on top of their opposition, I'm sure he'd be absolutely fine. Goals are a universal language and he's fluent in them.

(which is handy given that they'd struggle to understand him) :greengrin

Jones28
10-01-2017, 10:17 PM

Yes, absolutely this.

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2017, 10:21 PM

Leeds are 5th, and tbf they started 3 players against cambridge from the team that played in their last league game, as did liverpool play a weakened team against plymouth, how did that one go ? does that mean the premiership is poor as well

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 10:33 PM
How many times over the year have we sold players and replaced them with *****? It's what got us in this league.

I don't actually rate Jason as much as others do but he's only going to get better than the money being offered just now and if the going rate if £1.5 plus add ons, this wont change this time next year and unless he gets dropped again it's a gamble the club can afford to take. He's a proven goalscorer, the only one we have in our side. He's no Kenny Miller when he left for £2m about 17 years ago (wow) but he has the same raw potential. On the other hand he could go the Tam Mcmanus way and get zip apart from a massive wage that we couldn't afford. It's a difficuilt one.

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Leeds are 5th, and tbf they started 3 players against cambridge from the team that played in their last league game, as did liverpool play a weakened team against plymouth, how did that one go ? does that mean the premiership is poor as well

I've a bet on Leeds to go up and Swansea down. I rate the side big time. And only getting better. They have a former Swansea (Monk) feel about them just now.

Ronniekirk
10-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Lets see the Board do what they did in last Transfer Window and make announcement he isnt for Sale as Promotion is our Priority Cummings goals ate inyegral to this Simple End of

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2017, 10:41 PM

Your season ticket got you into Hamilton v Hibs, at Hamilton? Btw I'm Cummings biggest fan but the game against Hamilton was not a premiership game. We were playing a team who were a Championship side until their winning penalty hit the net, in a game after the premiership season had finished. Hamilton had not played a single match in the premier league for about 5 years in the build up to that game.

He has consistently proved since however, that he is more than capable of scoring against premier sides in cup games. He also regularly scores in the big games when it matters. Nowhere near ready to move yet though and other than the big wage increase, it would be terrible for his career. He'd be back up the road on loan to someone within 12-18 months. Would be ridiculous for us to sell when we are challenging to get out of this brutal league as well.

No deal banker.

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2017, 10:41 PM
I've a bet on Leeds to go up and Swansea down. I rate the side big time. And only getting better. They have a former Swansea (Monk) feel about them just now.

doing ok on the park :agree: i see Cellino has sold 50% of his shares to an italian businessman...no idea how that ones going to pan out

Captain Trips
10-01-2017, 10:49 PM
What usually happens is an English team sell a player for a ridiculous fee after one good season then pop up here to replace the player from a Scottish club offereing to what is them a pittance.

Not up to speed with QPR dealings but it usually seems to be case.

For me hope he stays.

Dibben
10-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Your season ticket got you into Hamilton v Hibs, at Hamilton? Btw I'm Cummings biggest fan but the game against Hamilton was not a premiership game. We were playing a team who were a Championship side until their winning penalty hit the net, in a game after the premiership season had finished. Hamilton had not played a single match in the premier league for about 5 years in the build up to that game.

That's my take on it as well. The Premiership season had officially ended with only the play off teams remaining!! So his first 2 goals for Hibs weren't against a Premiership team - at that point!

What is not in doubt is that JC would score goals in the Premiership - I think we can all agree on that!! 😁

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2017, 11:02 PM
That's my take on it as well. The Premiership season had officially ended with only the play off teams remaining!! So his first 2 goals for Hibs weren't against a Premiership team - at that point!

What is not in doubt is that JC would score goals in the Premiership - I think we can all agree on that!! [emoji16]

Here here. Hopefully we get the chance to see it happening next season.

Dunbar Hibee
10-01-2017, 11:06 PM
If we have Cummings we likely get promoted as champs and have a very valuable player going forward

If we have Stokes instead of Cummings less likely to get promoted as champs and have a player well past his prime

That's how I see it too matey

J-C
10-01-2017, 11:07 PM

Yes 5th, I knew they were doing fairly well, I'm only going by what I've seen re championship matches this season, not as good as you'd think IMO.

eastmainsmsh
10-01-2017, 11:09 PM
guy on twitter saying fee off 2.1 mill for jase

https://twitter.com/AgentKevinITK

Sergey
10-01-2017, 11:15 PM

That's some ****** in a bedroom boshing one out.

You really believe that ****?

Dibben
10-01-2017, 11:15 PM

And that it's been ACCEPTED!

Gamble...

eastmainsmsh
10-01-2017, 11:19 PM
not really i found it quite amusing if stokes can be got maybe its good money if it can be invested in the team

Ryan69
10-01-2017, 11:23 PM
£5 million,plus 30% is fair!

look at the prices of players in England....The guy will score goals wherever he goes!
He knows where the goals are....which is not easy to find.

why was he dropped? He only scored loads of goals!

We don't need to sell!
If you want him....You pay good money in footballing terms potentially wise!

scottish league is a cherry picking English clubs that don't really give a **** about him!

We Do!!

Only the truth...sorry

Sammy7nil
10-01-2017, 11:25 PM
That's some ****** in a bedroom boshing one out.

You really believe that ****?

You know him personally? :greengrin

Smartie
10-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Cummings leaving would be a massive loss.

I don't think he's a perfect player - I was firmly behind him being dropped earlier this season, but I'm glad he's back in the team again and I think he'll be a stronger player for the experience.

He has a personality the like of which we've not had in a player for a while. If he were to leave there would be an enormous gap in the dressing room and with so much football still to be played this season, that could be critical.

I love his willingness to put himself under pressure, to stand up and be counted, to get in there and be prepared to miss many chances in the hope that he'll get his goal eventually.

We'd be losing more than a player, and I really hope he stays.

Michael
10-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Too early for both the club and JC in my opinion. If he keeps developing then he could get a really good club (and a good fee for hibs) in 18 months.

Sammy7nil
10-01-2017, 11:30 PM
I doubted the figure quoted from the alleged Peterbourgh bid and have no idea if the £2.1 million QPR offer is real but if it is and we win our next two games it will be very tempting for the board.

Smartie
10-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I doubted the figure quoted from the alleged Peterbourgh bid and have no idea if the £2.1 million QPR offer is real but if it is and we win our next two games it will be very tempting for the board.

I think Lennon might be tempted too, and I'm sure he'd have a say.

Whilst I think Lennon kinda rates him, I don't think he's 100% convinced. If he were to be promised a decent wedge to get a replacement, I think Lennon might be tempted to cash in.

Callum_62
10-01-2017, 11:41 PM

Whilst I think Lennon kinda rates him, I don't think he's 100% convinced. If he were to be promised a decent wedge to get a replacement, I think Lennon might be tempted to cash in.

Think your right.

That would be the 'mortgage' money we need for Samaras too.

:greengrin

jacomo
10-01-2017, 11:49 PM
People who think it would be a good idea for JC to leave the club now need their heads examining.

Hibernia&Alba
11-01-2017, 12:02 AM
Would hate to lose him, but if a club comes in with a really big offer, he'll probably be sold. That's always been the reality for a club of our size: if the money is too good to refuse, it won't be. We'll find out soon enough whether there's any truth in the rumour.

Velma Dinkley
11-01-2017, 12:02 AM
not really i found it quite amusing if stokes can be got maybe its good money if it can be invested in the team

It's a fake Twitter account ie. made up nonsense.

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 12:13 AM

Jason Cummings means a lot more to Hibernian football club than Neil Lennon - Leanne will know this though.

McIntosh
11-01-2017, 12:15 AM
People who think it would be a good idea for JC to leave the club now need their heads examining.:top marks

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Playing the formation we did against Dundee United, I would put my money on JC scoring a phenomenal amount of goals in the second half of the season. In which case, his value is only going north. So to sell now would be folly.

Ryan69
11-01-2017, 01:10 AM
It's. Drop in the ocean down there!

if he played and scored as frequently in the 3rd tier..""..no question would be asked!

He knows where the goals are!

Baader
11-01-2017, 03:24 AM
QPR are not a big club. Smaller stadium than ER. Jase could do a lot better than them. We need him and he's worth a lot more than £2M given the donkeys QPR have thrown money at anyway...

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Cummings leaving would be a massive loss.

I don't think he's a perfect player - I was firmly behind him being dropped earlier this season, but I'm glad he's back in the team again and I think he'll be a stronger player for the experience.

He has a personality the like of which we've not had in a player for a while. If he were to leave there would be an enormous gap in the dressing room and with so much football still to be played this season, that could be critical.

I love his willingness to put himself under pressure, to stand up and be counted, to get in there and be prepared to miss many chances in the hope that he'll get his goal eventually.

We'd be losing more than a player, and I really hope he stays.

Agree with this.

allezsauzee
11-01-2017, 08:06 AM
I'd be telling QPR to bolt. Jase has his faults but he's a 21 year old who scores a goal every 90 odd minutes and QPR are trying to pick him up for what amounts to sweeties for an English Championship team. We need to be promoted far more than we need 2m in the bank right at this moment.

Dibben
11-01-2017, 08:19 AM
I'd be telling QPR to bolt. Jase has his faults but he's a 21 year old who scores a goal every 90 odd minutes and QPR are trying to pick him up for what amounts to sweeties for an English Championship team. We need to be promoted far more than we need 2m in the bank right at this moment.

100% agree

Keith_M
11-01-2017, 08:19 AM
QPR are not a big club. Smaller stadium than ER. Jase could do a lot better than them. We need him and he's worth a lot more than £2M given the donkeys QPR have thrown money at anyway...

Sadly they're much bigger if you go by how much they could pay Jason in wages, and that's all that counts nowadays.

Dibben
11-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Sadly they're much bigger if you go by how much they could pay Jason in wages, and that's all that counts nowadays.

QPR last season averaged a crowd of a little under 16k at their home games. Comparable to us this year.

Sky TV has a lot to answer for - if ever there was a reason for a British League - this would be it!!

hibbysam
11-01-2017, 08:32 AM

He has consistently proved since however, that he is more than capable of scoring against premier sides in cup games. He also regularly scores in the big games when it matters. Nowhere near ready to move yet though and other than the big wage increase, it would be terrible for his career. He'd be back up the road on loan to someone within 12-18 months. Would be ridiculous for us to sell when we are challenging to get out of this brutal league as well.

No deal banker.

No, It got me into Hibs vs Hamilton at ER, which unless I'm mistaken was the same tie, just the second leg... Which was the guys point, seemingly it is only a Premiership tie if your ST works... In this case I was just showing how daft and contradictory the statement about using your ST to get in was.

Again, I agree he has scored against many PL teams and will continue to do so, however it is factually incorrect to say he hasn't played in a Premiership game, when that was officially a Premiership game.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2017, 08:49 AM

Thats the same clown that posted the 3 year old photo of samaras at Edinburgh airport last week, he's also threatening to report someone for disagreeing with him........

brog
11-01-2017, 08:50 AM

Everton just bought a kid from the English 3rd tier for £11m. Brentford want more than £15m for Scott Hogan. Clubs pay for potential & JC has that in spades.

Andy74
11-01-2017, 09:24 AM
No, It got me into Hibs vs Hamilton at ER, which unless I'm mistaken was the same tie, just the second leg... Which was the guys point, seemingly it is only a Premiership tie if your ST works... In this case I was just showing how daft and contradictory the statement about using your ST to get in was.

Again, I agree he has scored against many PL teams and will continue to do so, however it is factually incorrect to say he hasn't played in a Premiership game, when that was officially a Premiership game.

The play offs aren't part of the Premiership season - they are the play offs.

If Hamilton had lost against us could you have been able to say any of their players had played in the Premiership due to that game?

Anyway, he could score against Premiership teams no problem - he has shown that.

I think when it comes to things like semi finals, play offs, cup finals, he has a wee bit to go though - Hearts in the cup certainly he scored important goals but last year's play offs we were looking for Keatings and some defenders to help us out with the goals.

scooby
11-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Playing the formation we did against Dundee United, I would put my money on JC scoring a phenomenal amount of goals in the second half of the season. In which case, his value is only going north. So to sell now would be folly.

Spot on - the system we've persisted with previously didn't suit his style of play - but playing with pace and width will bring out the best in him.

hibsmad
11-01-2017, 09:35 AM

Exactly.

I think a lot of people pay too much attention to the things that JC doesn't do too well, or at least could improve on, and automatically think we should accept any reasonable bid. The fact is that he scores goals and I can't see that ending any time soon. He just has a knack for it, and I'm 100% convinced that he will continue to score not only in this league but also the premier should we get promoted.

Yes 2 million, should we be offered it, would be a lot of money to turn down, but if he goes on to score another 15 this season, followed by 20ish next season, we would be dealing with far higher bids.

Topographic Hibby
11-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Everton just bought a kid from the English 3rd tier for £11m. Brentford want more than £15m for Scott Hogan. Clubs pay for potential & JC has that in spades.
English clubs throw money at each other for players that I have never heard of. But when the best player in a Scottish team gets quoted, English clubs go all miserly and adopt a Scrooge mentality, hoping to score a bargain. Perhaps cause they know clubs up here don't have financial strength in depth from Sky money.

Earlydelivery
11-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Totally agree with you but unfortunately jase plays in Scottish championship .

Posh Swanny
11-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Posh mugged QPR off good and proper this time last year for Conor Washington - a League Two striker at best who went through a 12-week purple patch where he couldn't stop scoring for us. The MacAnthony/Fry hype machine went into overdrive and we were £2.5m better off. :faf:

QPR may have learned their lesson and won't offer enough for Leeann and Neil to be tempted to sell Jason. On the other hand, they may be as mad as ever and offer about £10m for him - about right based on what they paid for Conor.

stokesmessiah
11-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Look

I am your father!

Greenworld
11-01-2017, 10:50 AM
5 million and stay at Hibs till the end of the season and it's a deal.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
11-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Jason Cummings means a lot more to Hibernian football club than Neil Lennon - Leanne will know this though.

Strange thing to say I wonder what you base that on?

Dub
11-01-2017, 12:43 PM
You based your argument on whether or not I could use a season ticket, which I could that day... No awkwardness, just a plain fact. Whether people want to give him credit or not he has scored twice in a premiership tie, and also 16 against current premiership sides, so the myth about him not doing it at that level is nonsense.

You can't give him credit for scoring goals in the Premiership when he hasn't although you appear to be trying to. Hamilton weren't a premier league team when we played them. Check his stats - 16 Prem league games / 0 goals. I firmly believe that he will continue to bang goals in in the top league if he is still here when we get promoted but that's a different topic.

Selling him in Jan and replacing him with Stokes would be madness IMO. We dont need to sell him so we shouldn't be even considering it.

hibbysam
11-01-2017, 12:47 PM
The play offs aren't part of the Premiership season - they are the play offs.

If Hamilton had lost against us could you have been able to say any of their players had played in the Premiership due to that game?

Anyway, he could score against Premiership teams no problem - he has shown that.

I think when it comes to things like semi finals, play offs, cup finals, he has a wee bit to go though - Hearts in the cup certainly he scored important goals but last year's play offs we were looking for Keatings and some defenders to help us out with the goals.

Again, you may want to tell the SPFL that the play off's are not Premiership games, as their branding must be all wrong.

He scored twice against Hamilton, Once against Rangers, One vs St Johnstone (All play off's or Semi finals), Keatings scored away to Falkirk because Jason was on the bench. Unfortunately in the home game its very difficult to score against 10 defenders, see Raith game when it took a long range McGinn effort to break the deadlock. He scored in nearly every big game we played last season, apart from the two cup finals, where he had a massive hand in us reaching that stage.

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2017, 12:50 PM
People who think it would be a good idea for JC to leave the club now need their heads examining.
Couldn't agree more mate I'm shaking my head reading some of these comments. Some on here think it's OK to sell a guaranteed 25 goals and replace it with what in the Jan window?? Absolutely crazy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dibben
11-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Again, you may want to tell the SPFL that the play off's are not Premiership games, as their branding must be all wrong.

He scored twice against Hamilton, Once against Rangers, One vs St Johnstone (All play off's or Semi finals), Keatings scored away to Falkirk because Jason was on the bench. Unfortunately in the home game its very difficult to score against 10 defenders, see Raith game when it took a long range McGinn effort to break the deadlock. He scored in nearly every big game we played last season, apart from the two cup finals, where he had a massive hand in us reaching that stage.

I think it's clear that many won't agree the the play offs are Premiership games... but we all seem to agree that JC will score goals at Premiership level (although he hasn't yet...😎)

Waxy
11-01-2017, 01:03 PM
The board have been superb last couple of years since Leeann started and am certain will do the right thing again. No chance we'll sell until we are promoted.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2017, 01:57 PM

That was not officially a premiership game, it didn't even involve two premiership teams [emoji23] He scored two goals against a championship side. It is branded as the premiership play off game as the winners play the following season in the premiership. It's basically like claiming his goals against Rangers last season were against a premier club as they won promotion at the end of the season.

Anyway, we're going round in circles to say the same thing, which is that he has scored numerous goals against premier teams and it would be ridiculous to sell him during this window. Barring a bad injury, his value can only go up if he stays and helps us get promoted.

Lee Marvin
11-01-2017, 02:10 PM
There appears to be absolutely no sound source relating to any bid for said player this window. What is everyone getting in a panic about?!?!

He is going nowhere this window unless some outrageous bid comes in. Dempster is no fool!

Barney McGrew
11-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Thats the same clown that posted the 3 year old photo of samaras at Edinburgh airport last week, he's also threatening to report someone for disagreeing with him........

He's an absolute fantasist.....and blocks anyone who dares to suggest it as well. He has 'ITK' on his user name FFS, that should get the alarm bells going straight away :faf:

A total and utter troll, probably a yam who's cracking one out because he's managed to actually get a couple of people to give a second thought to his pish.

Dub
11-01-2017, 03:27 PM

He's an absolute fantasist.....and blocks anyone who dares to suggest it as well. He has 'ITK' on his user name FFS, that should get the alarm bells going straight away :faf:

A total and utter troll, probably a yam who's cracking one out because he's managed to actually get a couple of people to give a second thought to his pish.

If only the forum had a "like" button.

Is It On....
11-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Couldn't agree more mate I'm shaking my head reading some of these comments. Some on here think it's OK to sell a guaranteed 25 goals and replace it with what in the Jan window?? Absolutely crazy

Infuriating at times, should score more, too one footed BUT 48 in 100 games in only his 3rd full season after being dumped on the scrap heap at 16/17 and working as a gardner. I would say the development is amazing and he can only become a better player and more valuable. We couldn't afford a 21yr old with the same potential so don't understand the rush that some have to "cash-in" on one of our key players.

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2017, 03:39 PM
48 in 100 games in only his 3rd full season after being dumped on the scrap heap at 16/17 and working as a gardner. I would say the development is amazing and he can only become more valuable. We couldn't afford a 21yr old with the same potential so don't understand the rush that some have to "cash-in" on one of our key players.
It honestly astounds me mate

Big L
11-01-2017, 05:19 PM
It honestly astounds me mate

More to ghe point is the money being offered. West Ham have offered £12 Million for the Brentford striker, his name eludes me, and it's been knocked back, Brentford want £15 Mil plus add ons. The guy, who's 24 has scored 21 in 33 games which is good in the championship but if they are going to pay that much, surely interested clubs should be offering more than £2 Mill for JC.

Iain G
11-01-2017, 05:21 PM
More to ghe point is the money being offered. West Ham have offered £12 Million for the Brentford striker, his name eludes me, and it's been knocked back, Brentford want £15 Mil plus add ons. The guy, who's 24 has scored 21 in 33 games which is good in the championship but if they are going to pay that much, surely interested clubs should be offering more than £2 Mill for JC.

Still unproven really at any level above the Scottish Championship, which must rank down there with the GM Vauxhall Conference or whatever the hell its called these days in upper eschelon English team's viewpoint. :agree:

Big L
11-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Still unproven really at any level above the Scottish Championship, which must rank down there with the GM Vauxhall Conference or whatever the hell its called these days in upper eschelon English team's viewpoint. :agree:

I get that, but we were selling players for 4.5 Mill about 10 years ago! JC 's not being bought for what he's doing now, but what he's doing now is a very good indication of what his potential is and make no mistake clubs like QPR can afford it, they are just trying to get him on the cheap. I think we should be holding out for more.

son of haggart
11-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Sad to say but 0.6+ goals per game in the English Championship is worth at least 10 times 0.48 in the Scottish Championship (at least in English minds)

He's a bit of an enigma Cummings but he just keeps scoring. In that respect he reminds me A bit of Ted MacDougall of Bournemouth whose general contribution wasn't that great but had a habit of being in the right place in the goalmouth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15776021

Colr
11-01-2017, 08:23 PM

He can do better than that mob run outfit.

northstandhibby
11-01-2017, 08:36 PM
JC will score goals at every level. He's a real prospect this young man. Apart from his obvious footballing talent of scoring goals he has an abundance of confidence. That confidence is what every great goalscorer requires as well as a gift for putting the ball in the net. JC gets angry and frustrated when he's not getting the service forwards need instead of accepting it or letting the game pass them by.

To me a young forward like JC is almost priceless. We'll miss him badly when he goes for his goals and therefore when he goes which he will at some point we should look to be handsomely rewarded by the buying club.

In the meantime let's enjoy watching JC and SJM etcetera while they're here however when it's right for them to move on to bigger ponds let's make sure they go for top dollar as much as we're able to.

I'm sure Rod and Leeanne will want to get fair market value for top prospects such as these young men.

Glory Glory

--------
12-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Roll on the 1st of February.

Every year we have these stories. We've just had a big result against Dundee Utd. The Daily Ranger isn't pleased so it gives air-time to a story about Jason moving to QPR, which in my opinion would be about as sensible a move for the laddie as Peter Marinello's move to Arsenal nearly 50 years ago - and the auld yins all know how that one turned out.

While the Allan affair was at its height, Leann assured us that the board were in control and on top of the business. She wasn't lying. I'd be inclined to believe her about Jason as well.

I think Jason would be well-advised to stay on at ER for a while - he's still young, he's still learning, and he has the chance to really develop as a player over the next year or so. Going south is a lottery - look at some of the players who didn't make it. (Craig Allan, for example?) Being a squad player for a second-tier club in England isn't really a great deal; for example, the best move Ollie Burke could have made is the one he did make - away from the English Championship, away from teams like QPR, to the Bundesliga and a team where they know how to develop young players properly.

I hope Jason gives himself time to work things through at ER. The next year is crucial for him in terms of maturing as a player, and for Hibs as a club. There's never a good time to lose a player like Jason, and the game's littered with players who made a move a year too soon - usually so that they and their agent could cash in.

This time next year both he and Hibs should be in a much better position to do business with a far better class of club than QPR.

We HAVE to get out of this division. Jason's goals could be the key. I'm sure Leann and Neil understand that.

12-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Roll on the 1st of February.

Every year we have these stories. We've just had a big result against Dundee Utd. The Daily Ranger isn't pleased so it gives air-time to a story about Jason moving to QPR, which in my opinion would be about as sensible a move for the laddie as Peter Marinello's move to Arsenal nearly 50 years ago - and the auld yins all know how that one turned out.

While the Allan affair was at its height, Leann assured us that the board were in control and on top of the business. She wasn't lying. I'd be inclined to believe her about Jason as well.

I think Jason would be well-advised to stay on at ER for a while - he's still young, he's still learning, and he has the chance to really develop as a player over the next year or so. Going south is a lottery - look at some of the players who didn't make it. (Craig Allan, for example?) Being a squad player for a second-tier club in England isn't really a great deal; for example, the best move Ollie Burke could have made is the one he did make - away from the English Championship, away from teams like QPR, to the Bundesliga and a team where they know how to develop young players properly.

I hope Jason gives himself time to work things through at ER. The next year is crucial for him in terms of maturing as a player, and for Hibs as a club. There's never a good time to lose a player like Jason, and the game's littered with players who made a move a year too soon - usually so that they and their agent could cash in.

This time next year both he and Hibs should be in a much better position to do business with a far better class of club than QPR.

We HAVE to get out of this division. Jason's goals could be the key. I'm sure Leann and Neil understand that.

Spot on. Especially the part I've highlighted. These days football is full of agents who give young players poor advice, where their real (sole?) motivation in lots of transfers is their 10% (or whatever) slice of the deal, not the players career and development. Agents need to make a living, yes, but many of them could operate with a better moral, professional and ethical motive.

Onion
12-01-2017, 11:29 AM
It's at times like this we can really appreciate the financial clout the Cup Win, record season ticket sales and crowds like 18600 for a home game against DUFC have given Hibs. Whether JC stays or goes, Hibs are under no financial pressure to sell, putting them in a very strong bargaining position. Gone are the days (for now) that clubs like QPR and Sevco can come along and cherrypick our better players for peanuts - and the Hibs Board can make decisions based on what's best for the football club in the short, med and long term.

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Hibs in the boxseat.
Leanne in control.
Cummings has a lot to learn still.
The more he learns the higher his value will rise.
If he can do well in the Premier next season suspect he will go for £2.5 million.
McGinn will probably go at the same time for £3.5 million.
That will be a critical time for Hibs as they will have to replace that quality wisely or risk another crisis.

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 02:16 PM
P.S. the QPR story is guff.
Hibs have 16months to put in a plan for life without Cummings & McGinn

Unseen work
12-01-2017, 02:22 PM
When he goes, must be for no less than 2.5 million.

Captain Trips
13-01-2017, 09:55 AM
It's at times like this we can really appreciate the financial clout the Cup Win, record season ticket sales and crowds like 18600 for a home game against DUFC have given Hibs. Whether JC stays or goes, Hibs are under no financial pressure to sell, putting them in a very strong bargaining position. Gone are the days (for now) that clubs like QPR and Sevco can come along and cherrypick our better players for peanuts - and the Hibs Board can make decisions based on what's best for the football club in the short, med and long term.

Good post.

For me his value shouldnt be based on the fact he has scored most of his goals in the league it should be on who wants him and were he is going. QPRs, Derbys etc all teams looking to go up into EPL if they believe JC is capable of helping them then charge them accordingly IMO. These clubs are getting big fees for players as are teams even one league below them.

Its all about opinions but if a club in the top 10 of the English Championship want JC they should be looking to pay north of £4m its not what he is doing here its what they think he is going to do there. Hearts did well to get £9m for Craig Gordon, the game has moved on again and there are a lot more clubs paying out big money.

13-01-2017, 10:22 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that Cummings is a fantastic, budding young talent. He's bagged himself a lot of goals which is obviously going to get himself noticed by other clubs. However, Jason still has a lot of developing to do. He still needs a lot of work done on his weaker foot, i've lost count of the amount of times hes had a chance at goal but hasn't tried to get a shot away because he's only trying to get it onto his left. This is something I remember Griffith had trouble with at us but he's far better at it now. Also important to bare in mind that he has only been playing at scottish championship level. I know he has scored against SPL oppositions in the cup games but thats not the same as scoring week in, week out against SPL oppositions. Now FWIW I think he would cope at SPL level, there are worse strikers in there than him doing ok, but he hasn't yet proved that.

I just hope this attention isn't going to Jasons head and he starts beliveing he is bigger and better than what he is. He's only 20 years old, its hardly like hes pushing 30 and desperate to get away for one last good move. Providing he keeps focused, keeps his feet firmly on the ground and listens to the right advice he will have a bright career. Jason would do well to stay at hibs, help us get promoted then have 1 season with us to prove himself in the SPL and develop his game then even better clubs will come knocking. Just look at Fletcher for example.

Big L
13-01-2017, 12:51 PM
P.S. the QPR story is guff.
Hibs have 16months to put in a plan for life without Cummings & McGinn

QPR manager says they have to bring players in on loan, can't afford to buy. Obviously as Lennon says " no bids"

Canon Hannan
13-01-2017, 02:40 PM
The board have been superb last couple of years since Leeann started and am certain will do the right thing again. No chance we'll sell until we are promoted.

Agree there Waxy. Rod would have sold Jason and SJM by now without football guidance from Leanne.

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2017, 03:27 PM

This should be our ( Hibs ) starting point. Average clubs on the continent are turning down bids of far more than 2 or 3 million from English clubs all the time as an insult and thats for players who have had 6 good months. It doesn't matter a stuff what league JC is playing in, if QPR or anybody else wants to sign Cummings they obviously think he can improve them now or has the potential to do so in the near future.

Its a fact that many Scottish clubs cant turn down what are in context piss poor bids from English clubs, we are not one of them. In fact if a concrete bid of less than 3 million does come in for JC Hibs could do the whole of Scottish football a favour by making our displeasure at these bloody carpetbaggers attempts to pick at the bones of Scottish football public.

As far as JC himself goes ........ If QPR were to come in you could see why he would be sorely tempted, the bright lights of London's busy west end and the prospect of 8 or 10 grand a week would be a lot harder to resist than the delights of Peterborough. Also, QPR have a tiny wee pitch, probably the club you would pick if running about to exhaustion isn't your bag:greengrin

neil7908
13-01-2017, 03:30 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that Cummings is a fantastic, budding young talent. He's bagged himself a lot of goals which is obviously going to get himself noticed by other clubs. However, Jason still has a lot of developing to do. He still needs a lot of work done on his weaker foot, i've lost count of the amount of times hes had a chance at goal but hasn't tried to get a shot away because he's only trying to get it onto his left. This is something I remember Griffith had trouble with at us but he's far better at it now. Also important to bare in mind that he has only been playing at scottish championship level. I know he has scored against SPL oppositions in the cup games but thats not the same as scoring week in, week out against SPL oppositions. Now FWIW I think he would cope at SPL level, there are worse strikers in there than him doing ok, but he hasn't yet proved that.

I just hope this attention isn't going to Jasons head and he starts beliveing he is bigger and better than what he is. He's only 20 years old, its hardly like hes pushing 30 and desperate to get away for one last good move. Providing he keeps focused, keeps his feet firmly on the ground and listens to the right advice he will have a bright career. Jason would do well to stay at hibs, help us get promoted then have 1 season with us to prove himself in the SPL and develop his game then even better clubs will come knocking. Just look at Fletcher for example.

My thoughts on Jason as well. He has a huge amount of potential and could go on to have a great career but to me he's not ready for the move yet. Another 18 months with us playing (hopefully) at a higher level for part of that will do him the world of good.

snooky
13-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Spot on. Especially the part I've highlighted. These days football is full of agents who give young players poor advice, where their real (sole?) motivation in lots of transfers is their 10% (or whatever) slice of the deal, not the players career and development. Agents need to make a living, yes, but many of them could operate with a better moral, professional and ethical motive.

If only. :coffee:

brog
13-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Agree there Waxy. Rod would have sold Jason and SJM by now without football guidance from Leanne.

Not really true. 10 years ago yes but when John Collins got nearly £7m for the twins when RP was going to take £4.5 for the 2 then RP saw the light. That's why he sanctioned the vastly improved contract offer to Jason in the summer. I'm a huge fan of LD but the Tache is pretty much on board with her vision for our club.

Jack Hackett
13-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Not really true. 10 years ago yes but when John Collins got nearly £7m for the twins when RP was going to take £4.5 for the 2 then RP saw the light. That's why he sanctioned the vastly improved contract offer to Jason in the summer. I'm a huge fan of LD but the Tache is pretty much on board with her vision for our club.

He's taken a lot of flak, much of it justified. I think he got a bit carried away with his success with Mowbray and when things got a bit edgy after Collins, he started trying a bit too hard.

It's taken a while, but he's stopped the rot with LD, and whether admitted to or not, he will have had a big say in both Stubbs and Lennons appointments. I don't think he's ever sold the club short...or ever will.

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Yes 5th, I knew they were doing fairly well, I'm only going by what I've seen re championship matches this season, not as good as you'd think IMO.

and now 3rd with a performance tonight against derby that real madrid and barcelona combined couldn't have lived with :)

J-C
13-01-2017, 10:38 PM
and now 3rd with a performance tonight against derby that real madrid and barcelona combined couldn't have lived with :)

I've only seen Leeds once this season and it was last week's cup game, I thought they were average, any other championship games I've seen I thought were OK but not great, maybe just watched the wrong games :)

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2017, 11:14 PM
I've only seen Leeds once this season and it was last week's cup game, I thought they were average, any other championship games I've seen I thought were OK but not great, maybe just watched the wrong games :)

Nah, I suppose you could say the guy is just getting a bit Leeds United! :-)

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Other than Derek, I can't recall a player in recent times as prolific and as good outside or inside the box - we'd be crazy, crazy to sell him before promotion - and he'll get us promoted.

The boy scores tap ins, headers, long range strikes, '1 on 1s', free kicks - he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Derek but tell you what, he's as priceless to our team.

JimBHibees
14-01-2017, 09:08 AM
Other than Derek, I can't recall a player in recent times as prolific and as good outside or inside the box - we'd be crazy, crazy to sell him before promotion - and he'll get us promoted.

The boy scores tap ins, headers, long range strikes, '1 on 1s', free kicks - he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Derek but tell you what, he's as priceless to our team.

Couldn't agree more.

The Leith Dutch
14-01-2017, 09:23 AM
I like Cummings but also happy to be critical of him - he was correctly dropped imo and I thought bringing Boyle in worked.
Seems to have done him good and now he's back in the team up front - again rightly - and we have two players who both look like an asset to the team.

Fair play to Lennon - I think that's good management.

As far as selling him goes it has to be a no at the moment surely?
Any transfer in is a risk of not scoring goals or taking time to get up to speed and is likely to cost more than they should with it being January and us having a big transfer fee in our pocket.

Also, money in the bank isn't likely to score us many goals on matchday.

One thing we have to be better at is selling early in a window if we're going to sell or at least ensuring we've lined up all the targets in advance.

Is It On....
14-01-2017, 08:38 PM
QPR manager says they have to bring players in on loan, can't afford to buy. Obviously as Lennon says " no bids"

My friend who supports them says QPR are selling everyone they can which includes their best player!! He views someone like JC as a "free option" as downside on selling him if it doesn't work out is "dwarfed" by the upside if they get get lucky (like Southampton have been with Van Dijk).

RIP
14-01-2017, 10:33 PM

He's taken a lot of flak, much of it justified. I think he got a bit carried away with his success with Mowbray and when things got a bit edgy after Collins, he started trying a bit too hard.

It's taken a while, but he's stopped the rot with LD, and whether admitted to or not, he will have had a big say in both Stubbs and Lennons appointments. I don't thinkmory he's ever sold the club short...or ever will.

Sadly Rod's legacy will be as our least successful chairman of Gibson in living memory. His mismanagement took a top 4 SPL club into the second division for 3 seasons. My lowest point in 55 years of watching Hibs. It took a 8 month long, fan-led campaign and the threat of relegation before he finally agreed to recruit LD as chief executive.

Nothing against the guy personally. He bleeds green like other Hibees. But from the John Collins fiasco onwards through to relegation it was a long, slow, painful decline that he was simply clueless to arrest. We all lived through it and the fact that he still didn't have the honour to resign following that lengthy period of mismanagement I still personally find astonishing.

I have no doubt that LD won't sell. Fairly sure that he would have.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Sadly Rod's legacy will be as our least successful chairman of Gibson in living memory. His mismanagement took a top 4 SPL club into the second division for 3 seasons. My lowest point in 55 years of watching Hibs. It took a 8 month long, fan-led campaign and the threat of relegation before he finally agreed to recruit LD as chief executive.

Nothing against the guy personally. He bleeds green like other Hibees. But from the John Collins fiasco onwards through to relegation it was a long, slow, painful decline that he was simply clueless to arrest. We all lived through it and the fact that he still didn't have the honour to resign following that lengthy period of mismanagement I still personally find astonishing.

Couldn't agree more but I think STF sees something in him.

jacomo
14-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Couldn't agree more but I think STF sees something in him.

STF trusts him, simple as that.

cabbageandribs1875
14-01-2017, 11:30 PM

that's the reason i very seldom watch EPL games, championship games just seem to have a little more excitement i think :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
15-01-2017, 11:00 AM

We also won the League Cup and the Scottish Cup during his time as chairman.

West lower
15-01-2017, 11:12 AM

We also have a training facility and stadium that is superior to all except Celtic.
The difficult part is done now with the set up in place.

His biggest mistake was hiring Butcher, who most Hibs fans were shouting for at the time.

brog
15-01-2017, 11:16 AM

I'm no fan of RP's but you can't have it both ways. If he was responsible for our relegation then he was also responsible for our previous promotion & our 2 cup wins, along with us being a top 4 SPL club. And along the way we built 4 new stands & a training complex. His record of appointing managers is poor but FWIW I thought nearly all were excellent appointments at the time. For my sins I thought TB was a great appointment!!

Colr
15-01-2017, 11:16 AM
If true I reckon Cummings would jump at the chance.

QPR is about the best club he could possibly hope for as they are a fairly big club playing in London's West End with an absolutely minted owner so you'd imagine the wages will be very decent.

If it's true I reckon Jason will want away , just hope that it's not until the end of the season.

edit - Just noticed that website says the rumour was started by the Daily Record which means it's *****.

Not quite the West End but I love the idea that it might be

Colr
15-01-2017, 11:17 AM
We also have a training facility and stadium that is superior to all except Celtic.

His biggest mistake was hiring Butcher, who most Hibs fans were shouting for at the time.

Yup. The fans were calling for Butcher. Petrie delivered what the fans wanted and it was a disaster

KWJ
15-01-2017, 11:32 AM

I was so happy when we signed him, horrible moment when it popped up along with the pictures I uploaded on the facebook memories thing.

*shudder*

brog
16-01-2017, 02:04 PM
QPR have £1.3m bid for Rotherham striker Danny Ward rejected!

beensaidbefore
16-01-2017, 05:23 PM

And built the training ground and redeveloped Easter road.

Hardly a complete failure

beensaidbefore
16-01-2017, 05:24 PM
I'm no fan of RP's but you can't have it both ways. If he was responsible for our relegation then he was also responsible for our previous promotion & our 2 cup wins, along with us being a top 4 SPL club. And along the way we built 4 new stands & a training complex. His record of appointing managers is poor but FWIW I thought nearly all were excellent appointments at the time. For my sins I thought TB was a great appointment!!

Exactly. At the time I was well chuffed we got butcher, and Hughes, and mixu, and Collins. OK the guy has his faults but he doesnt have a crystal ball.

ancient hibee
16-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Exactly. At the time I was well chuffed we got butcher, and Hughes, and mixu, and Collins. OK the guy has his faults but he doesnt have a crystal ball.

Like a lot of us I thought they were all great choices.

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Thread has been hijacked severely. I blame Petrie and this time I'm not joking.

Is It On....
16-01-2017, 09:02 PM
QPR have £1.3m bid for Rotherham striker Danny Ward rejected!

Who the f#ck is Danny Ward? The answer is 37 goals in 231 games...