PDA

View Full Version : Award for Conrad

Tom Hart RIP
10-01-2017, 03:04 PM
On twitter. Conrad to get a Donegal 2016 sports award for his performances for us last year. Well deserved

Canon Hannan
10-01-2017, 03:09 PM
What a kind gesture from the Irish people.

s.a.m
10-01-2017, 03:13 PM
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/conrad-logan-award-professional-sport-achievement-award-3511372.aspx

Mr White
10-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Brilliant and well deserved.

Super_JMcGinn
10-01-2017, 03:16 PM
On twitter. Conrad to get a Donegal 2016 sports award for his performances for us last year. Well deserved

Well done big man :aok: Can't wait for him and the others who have left us to come back so we can show our appreciation in the stands.

Hopefully it is for Lewey's testimonial match :flag:

Onion
10-01-2017, 03:51 PM
The big guy is a hero and fully deserving. Well done.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Well done big man :aok: Can't wait for him and the others who have left us to come back so we can show our appreciation in the stands.

Hopefully it is for Lewey's testimonial match :flag:

Better not Come on for the half time penalties - it would only end with the kids in tears ;)

Stantons Angel
10-01-2017, 04:42 PM
well done Conrad, well deserved honour!

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Congrats Polar Bear. Legend.

theonlywayisup
10-01-2017, 05:34 PM
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/conrad-logan-award-professional-sport-achievement-award-3511372.aspx

Oh no - the tears are starting again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Well done big man. The emotion he shows in the DVD is unbelievable, loved watching him in it.

Northernhibee
10-01-2017, 07:04 PM
There are so many amazing stories within our Scottish Cup victory, it's one of the all time great cup stories in Scottish football.

monktonharp
10-01-2017, 07:18 PM
There are so many amazing stories within our Scottish Cup victory, it's one of the all time great cup stories in Scottish football.it is, and Conrad's has a special place in it. was very heartwarmerming, to see his interview with Packy Bonner another Donegal man and Conrad Logan's ultimate goalie hero.

Northernhibee
10-01-2017, 07:23 PM
it is, and Conrad's has a special place in it. was very heartwarmerming, to see his interview with Packy Bonner another Donegal man and Conrad Logan's ultimate goalie hero.

If we'd won it in 2012 or 2013 I honestly don't think it'd have been as special. There's just so much to it - coming back after the league cup to knock out the defending champions, the whole thing about beating Raith away from home in the fourth round being an omen, beating Hearts after being 2-0 down at Tynie with ten to play, Conrad's heroics against Dundee United, coming back from losing in the playoffs, Stokes finally coming onto a game at just the right time, going 2-1 down with just over ten to play in the final, the last minute goal against our biggest rivals for the last two seasons - you genuinely couldn't script it.

You could make a movie about it and it'd be dismissed as being too saccharine.

mjhibby
10-01-2017, 07:28 PM
There are so many amazing stories within our Scottish Cup victory, it's one of the all time great cup stories in Scottish football.

It's one of the greatest football stories period. You couldn't make up the circumstances and it was clear how much it meant to him. As stokes said in the DVD most players never get moments like how we won the cup in their career. How many keepers are mom in a cup semi final in their first game in over a year. Thoroughly deserved and I hope he realises he is a total legend with every hibs fan.

Mr White
10-01-2017, 07:30 PM
If we'd won it in 2012 or 2013 I honestly don't think it'd have been as special. There's just so much to it - coming back after the league cup to knock out the defending champions, the whole thing about beating Raith away from home in the fourth round being an omen, beating Hearts after being 2-0 down at Tynie with ten to play, Conrad's heroics against Dundee United, coming back from losing in the playoffs, Stokes finally coming onto a game at just the right time, going 2-1 down with just over ten to play in the final, the last minute goal against our biggest rivals for the last two seasons - you genuinely couldn't script it.

You're right. Of all the many varied and fantastic ways I've dreamed about us winning the Scottish since I was about 6, none of the scenarios came close to our eventual victorious cup run. Conrad's tale and contribution will always have a special place in our hibs story :agree:

Jonnyboy
10-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Well deserved. Congrats, big man :thumbsup:

pacoluna
10-01-2017, 07:34 PM
I now have a soft spot for rochdale

Northernhibee
10-01-2017, 07:42 PM
You're right. Of all the many varied and fantastic ways I've dreamed about us winning the Scottish since I was about 6, none of the scenarios came close to our eventual victorious cup run. Conrad's tale and contribution will always have a special place in our hibs story :agree:

And I'll tell you what, that's what killed 5-1. By winning it this year rather than that year with a bunch of loan signings and has beens we've had the most incredible experience we'll ever has as Hibs fans rather than the opportunity for a cheap GIRUY against our neighbours.

chrisski33
10-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I wish we kept hold of big conrad tbh

Swedish hibee
10-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Legend forever. Well deserved.

Pretty Boy
10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Legend.

His story is the kind of thing I always thought only happened against Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2017, 08:35 PM
The man will always be a God to me.

Contributed even more to our cup success than Robbie Neilson.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-01-2017, 08:49 PM
The man will always be a God to me.

Contributed even more to our cup success than Robbie Neilson.

Another Hibs legend. :agree:

Congrats the Polar Bear.

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Legend.

This with bells on top. It's still hard to believe.

monktonharp
10-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Legend.

His story is the kind of thing I always thought only happened against Hibs.so much so I have also thought this, for more than 48 years of following Hibernian. still sometimes have to pinch masel,when thinking of that particular day 21/5/16. my old token number at work, was 561, and the 21 or 12 could just be Mrs Broon or Mrs Thompson that lived up the road from us:greengrin

Mr White
10-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Legend.

That's also how I feel about David Gray's performance in the final :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2017, 10:05 PM

Our first goal in the competition away to Raith being our 1,000 Scottish cup goal ever. Scored by a lifelong Hibs fan with his first ever goal for the club. Written in the stars.

Hearts fans having a million hour countdown to the last time we won the cup in 1902, which I think was due to be met about two days after the final [emoji28] #oops

Andy74
11-01-2017, 09:03 AM
And I'll tell you what, that's what killed 5-1. By winning it this year rather than that year with a bunch of loan signings and has beens we've had the most incredible experience we'll ever has as Hibs fans rather than the opportunity for a cheap GIRUY against our neighbours.

That works if you forget Stokes, Henderson and Gunnarson and were loan signings!

scoopyboy
11-01-2017, 09:14 AM
I wish we kept hold of big conrad tbh

I see where you are coming from but I'm happy enough with the untainted memory.

Northernhibee
11-01-2017, 09:59 PM
That works if you forget Stokes, Henderson and Gunnarson and were loan signings!

Aye, but a Stokes or Hendo loan signing is a totally different loan signing from the likes of Tom Soares, Roy O'Donovan or Matt Doherty. Even the permanent players are just a little more than a step up from Sean O'Hanlon.

Andy74
12-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Aye, but a Stokes or Hendo loan signing is a totally different loan signing from the likes of Tom Soares, Roy O'Donovan or Matt Doherty. Even the permanent players are just a little more than a step up from Sean O'Hanlon.

So the point is the quality of players not whether they are loans or short term.

Soares and Doherty I suppose also went on to play a fair bit of football at a decent level after their short stay here. We will see if Stokes and Henderson play football again any time soon!

CapitalGreen
12-01-2017, 08:47 AM
So the point is the quality of players not whether they are loans or short term.

Soares and Doherty I suppose also went on to play a fair bit of football at a decent level after their short stay here. We will see if Stokes and Henderson play football again any time soon!

I'd suggest it was more the attitude of the players. They could have had all the talent in the world but seemed to lack motivation/passion for the cause, something which couldn't have been leveled at our 2016 loanees, particularly Hendo. Having met Soares prior to the cup final, I got the impression he'd rather have been anywhere else than at Hibs.

In regards to their post-Hibs careers,

Tom Soares signed for Bury who have yo-yo'd between league 1 and 2.

Matt Doherty got relegated to league 1 on his return to Wolves. In their subsequent return to the Championship for the most part they have languished around the wrong end of the table.

--------
12-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Well deserved. Congrats, big man :thumbsup:

Yup. Saw him on the Beeb last weekend, seeing Rochdale through against Barrow.

Pleasant memories.

I was thinking of putting a tenner or so on Rochdale for the FA Cup, actually.

You never know .... :devil:

12-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Brilliant :thumbsup:

What a story for him, 16 months out injured and first game back becomes a hero. Delighted for him!

Anytime you want to come up and visit Conrad you'll be more than welcomed at ER. Forever a club legend :thumbsup:

12-01-2017, 11:17 AM

Jesus I think my 80 year old grandad is a step up from Sean O'Hanlon!

12-01-2017, 11:23 AM

Our first goal in the competition away to Raith being our 1,000 Scottish cup goal ever. Scored by a lifelong Hibs fan with his first ever goal for the club. Written in the stars.

Hearts fans having a million hour countdown to the last time we won the cup in 1902, which I think was due to be met about two days after the final [emoji28] #oops

Absolutely agree, the whole thing is just an incredible story. The cup run itself was amazing. It had everything really, derby comeback in the dying minutes, a replay derby in front of a packed ER under the floodlights with a spine tingling SoL at the end, up at ICT that had notoriously been a bogey ground for us in the past, penalty drama in the semi then to beat the huns after going behind in the last minute. Stuff of dreams really.

I see where you are coming from but I'm happy enough with the untainted memory.

Agreed.

Pete
14-01-2017, 02:43 AM
After watching the semi highlights again I honestly think that this game is just as important and iconic as the final and Mr. Logan is now forever a legend for the part he played.

I didn't have a clue what to think when he was announced on the day but these fantastic blocks from their one on ones made me think that this was going to be our day. Another save that's often forgotten about is the one from Rankin. An absolute fizzer that he did fantastically to get down to and are the hardest ones for a keeper to save.

Legendary penalty shoot out performance and I firmly believe his antics got to the first two United takers. In fact, I know it did judging by the reactions of their two scorers (one abusive and the other just ice cold).

If he hadn't have done that then who knows what might have happened. Kawashima was inches away from saving every one of our spot kicks and if they had scored their first two then who knows how it might have effected our takers when it came to conviction. Their keeper was a penalty expert who did well and even managed to figure out that Jase would do something out of the ordinary again (hats off to Jase for having the balls to outfox him though).

He actually had nothing to do in the final and it will be all about David Gray and Stokes...but what a few games this man had for us. :aok: