PDA

View Full Version : Commons - any update?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

H18 SFR
10-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Any update on whether or not we are keeping him? Am I right in saying that the loan deal expired today?

Is he still training with us?

Mathias Jack
10-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Expires on the 15th, so he'll be available this weekend.

Lennon said in an interview after the United game that they'd be discussing it with Celtic this week.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Expires on the 15th, so he'll be available this weekend.

Lennon said in an interview after the United game that they'd be discussing it with Celtic this week.

Isn't it the 10th?

BH Hibs
10-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Thought it was the 10th myself. Was hoping that it was maybe some technicality than Hibs couldn't say anything publicly as that would breach the emergency loan rule and they'd have to wait until tomorrow until announcing any extension.

scoopyboy
10-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Just googled it and several newspapers reported 15th January.

The Harp Awakes
10-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Just googled it and several newspapers reported 15th January.

Pretty sure Lennon said in a post match interview at the weekend that Commons' contract expired on 10 January:dunno:

monktonharp
10-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure Lennon said in a post match interview at the weekend that Commons' contract expired on 10 January:dunno:and I am pretty sure he never said he was discussing it with Celtic

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Keeping him until the end of the season would be good, but he's on £20,000 a week.

JimBHibees
10-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Pretty sure Lennon said in a post match interview at the weekend that Commons' contract expired on 10 January:dunno:

He did.

silverhibee
10-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Keeping him until the end of the season would be good, but he's on £20,000 a week.

That's why we need to sell Cummings.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 11:54 AM

:agree:. Sell Cummings to fund Commons.

Billychaotic182
10-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Sportsound said the 10th

Blaster
10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
When did he sign? I thought the emergency loan needed to be for at least 29 days

JimBHibees
10-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Makes total sense sell a young natural goalscorer for a guy who talented but expensive and in the latter part of his career.

Salt N Sauzee
10-01-2017, 12:02 PM

You are both fishing here, surely.

monktonharp
10-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Makes total sense sell a young natural goalscorer for a guy who talented but expensive and in the latter part of his career.:tsk tsk:that's the old Hibs way, we are now in the new Hibs way so......:giruy2:

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
When did he sign? I thought the emergency loan needed to be for at least 29 days

He hasn't, thats what this thread is about. Any update on whether he's signing or not.

Sioux
10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
He signed on the 16th. So, if the emergency transfer was for the minimum period of 28 days (max 93), the loan expires on 13 January.

Blaster
10-01-2017, 12:16 PM
He hasn't, thats what this thread is about. Any update on whether he's signing or not.

First signed. That would tell us the date his initial loan period should end

Blaster
10-01-2017, 12:17 PM
He signed on the 16th. So, if the emergency transfer was for the minimum period of 28 days (max 93), the loan expires on 13 January.

Thanks mate

Andy74
10-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Not entirely sure how relevant his wages are to be honest. Celtic still have to pay him, they don't need to play him, I don't see wages playing much of a part in it.

JimBHibees
10-01-2017, 12:26 PM
:tsk tsk:that's the old Hibs way, we are now in the new Hibs way so......:giruy2:

Couldnt agree more. :greengrin

J-C
10-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Taken from the BBC website

Celtic midfielder Kris Commons has joined injury-hit Hibernian on an emergency loan until 15 January.

Lennon said in his interview that they'll be going back this week to have discussions with Celtic and hopefully get something sorted.

scoopyboy
10-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Oh he has, that's why he played against Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd.

The poster was asking when he signed for those games.

scoopyboy
10-01-2017, 01:11 PM

He might well have, my question would be does Neil Lennon know?

AFAIK it's Leeann and George that deal with that side of things.

snooky
10-01-2017, 01:26 PM

For me, no deal if he's looking for any more than the rest of the team.

BSEJVT
10-01-2017, 01:31 PM

You are truly mental if you think that is a good idea in any shape or form

Sell the one player on the books guaranteed to score goals to fund a short term loan. Aye right

Fwiw it won't come to that and we will keep both

Hibs also won't be paying anything like even 3k of Commons wages

jacomo
10-01-2017, 01:36 PM

We didn't pay Stokes full wages last season did we?

J-C
10-01-2017, 01:43 PM

For me, no deal if he's looking for any more than the rest of the team.

We will not be paying any sort of money like this, it'll be a percentage of that falling in line to what we can afford, we'll pay £2-3k while Celtic pick up the rest, that's how loans work.

HibsNutter
10-01-2017, 01:47 PM
We won't be paying much of his wage at all, but it makes sense for Celtic to allow us to pay a proportion of his wage rather than have him sitting in the stands every week while they are paying his full 20K wage.

JimboHibs
10-01-2017, 03:03 PM

Evidence that he's on £20,000 a week ?

Brightside
10-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Evidence that he's on £20,000 a week ?

Thats correct... i don't have his payslip at hand tho. We are only paying 10%

hughio
10-01-2017, 03:29 PM

Its well-documented that his contract with Celtc is worth £20K till the end of the season.

Celtc will want him away in this window to save that outlay and it's there that the negotiations begin.

Being in the shop window at HFC is good for Celtc as there may be interest from another club.

Meanwhile Hibs have to play canny right up to window closing in the hope he might agree to come to us cheap

:cb

JimboHibs
10-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Absolute steal if we get him for 10% of his wage.

HoboHarry
10-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Amazing how many people have access to his personal financial details. Wish I was in the cool club......

jgl07
10-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Its well-documented that his contract with Celtc is worth £20K till the end of the season.

Celtc will want him away in this window to save that outlay and it's there that the negotiations begin.

Being in the shop window at HFC is good for Celtc as there may be interest from another club.

Meanwhile Hibs have to play canny right up to window closing in the hope he might agree to come to us cheap

It may suit him better to stay with Hibs and prove his fitness before moving as a free agent in the Summer.

hughio
10-01-2017, 03:46 PM
It may suit him better to stay with Hibs and prove his fitness before moving as a free agent in the Summer.

That's what I'm hoping:agree:

Famous Fiver
10-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Tin Hat on firmly.

McGinn to Celtic, we get Commons to end of season and Henderson thrown in as well plus an unspecified fee, which reduces share St Midden get.

Please shoot me down but who knows what is going through the accountant Petrie's mind?

Iain G
10-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Tin Hat on firmly.

McGinn to Celtic, we get Commons to end of season and Henderson thrown in as well plus an unspecified fee, which reduces share St Midden get.

Please shoot me down but who knows what is going through the accountant Petrie's mind?

Nah.

We need McGinn til the end of the season and hopefully at least 6 months in the top flight, then it will be hard to keep hold of him unless we can sign him up on an improved deal.

But he seems to have his head on the right way round and might realise the best way to get a big move is to keep playing regularly and well at a higher level.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Tin Hat on firmly.

Don't think unspecified fee is a way of getting around paying The Buddies a cut... surely there has to be even some way of ensuring that swaps are not a means of avoidance also?

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Tin Hat on firmly.

Not a good deal for Hibs by any stretch. Mcginn is not for sale and we should do all we can to keep him happy at Hibs for as long as possible and build our future

IWasThere2016
10-01-2017, 04:22 PM

Commons' basic is £12k a week - not £20k or the other £18k banded about - we are paying £2k. END OF. FACT. :wink:

scoopyboy
10-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Don't think unspecified fee is a way of getting around paying The Buddies a cut... surely there has to be even some way of ensuring that swaps are not a means of avoidance also?

We could offer St.Mirren a sum now to render the deal invalid.

They could be desperate for cash and may take £250,000 say to keep them afloat.

hibees 7062
10-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Rangers (https://www.theguardian.com/football/rangers) are set to miss out on the signing of Derby County's Kris Commons after failing to meet wage demands of £20,000 a week – and are resigned that Celtic will pounce to sign the midfielder.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Oh he has, that's why he played against Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd.

The poster was asking when he signed for those games.

Ah I thought the poster meant he wasn't aware he'd signed on loan and was asking about a deal until the end of the season.

Onion
10-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Not entirely sure how relevant his wages are to be honest. Celtic still have to pay him, they don't need to play him, I don't see wages playing much of a part in it.

:agree: Celtic need Hibs in the Premiership for some competition, so will be happy to fund and lend us Hendo as well.

WeeRussell
10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Would be nice to have Commons until the end of the season if we can do it. I'd rather just keep the squad we've got than negotiate with any of the named players on this thread though.

I can't believe one or two have suggested selling Cummings in order to throw the money at wages for an unfit Kris commons on a loan for 4 months. Regardless of how much you may have it in for JC, that would be the worst piece of player business I've seen from Hibs.

Hopefully we come to an agreement not dissimilar in terms of wage percentages to the one we've had for the past month, and Commons remains a hibs player for the rest of the season.

hibees 7062
10-01-2017, 05:57 PM
:agree: Celtic need Hibs in the Premiership for some competition, so will be happy to fund and lend us Hendo as well.

Hendo and Christie I hear

Ronniekirk
10-01-2017, 06:01 PM
After the Reception he got just warming up V United ,the Board arent going to score an og amd sell him At least not in this Window
Cummings is on a scoring run and thats what we have needed so again why risk selling in this window
Promotion is the Goal No key player will go imo till tjat is achieved

pacoluna
10-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Amazing how many people have access to his personal financial details. Wish I was in the cool club......

Lol

Famous Fiver
10-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Maybe my illogical logic but

Petrie is an accountant.

Attractive bids are made.

He sees the pound signs.

Thinks Hibs will be promoted without McGinn, and possibly Cummings, if he can get a short term sticking plaster, Commons.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

He has got one huge issue to sell it to the fan base especially the newly signed up season and half season ticket holders, so I hope I am completely and utterly wrong, but can't get rid of the niggling thought.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 06:29 PM

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Thinks Hibs will be promoted without McGinn, and possibly Cummings, if he can get a short term sticking plaster, Commons.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

He has got one huge issue to sell it to the fan base especially the newly signed up season and half season ticket holders, so I hope I am completely and utterly wrong, but can't get rid of the niggling thought.
He would have a mutiny on his hands if he did. Leanne would not accept it for one.

Nicho87
10-01-2017, 06:32 PM
If hibs sold mcginn or cummings never mind both of them and we failed to get promotion, i think petrie better emigrate.

J-C
10-01-2017, 06:48 PM

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

Problem with this scenario is Petrie is purely a figurehead and all dealings are done by LD.

Onion
10-01-2017, 06:50 PM
If hibs sold mcginn or cummings never mind both of them and we failed to get promotion, i think petrie better emigrate.

:top marks Unless they threaten to down tools or an outrageous offer comes in (e.g. £10M for JMG), Hibs will not sell either in Jan. To do so, risks promotion and brassing off the biggest Hibs crowd in a generation.

In previous years, the biggest threat would be from Celtic or The "Club Formerly Known as" Rangers. The former doesn't need either just now, the latter has no money.

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Tin Hat on firmly.

Please shoot me down but who knows what is going through the accountant Petrie's mind?Pretty sure you can't just lie about the fee to limit what St Mirren get.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Pretty sure you can't just lie about the fee to limit what St Mirren get.
i thinkk it means a lesser fee offset by the player swap

mjhibby
10-01-2017, 07:35 PM
It really is silly season otherwise known as the transfer window. McGinnis and Cummings are going nowhere as we are only focused on getting promoted. All these made up scenarios are some harmless fun but that's all. One more player in either commons or a n other and that's all there will be.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2017, 08:45 PM

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

Ru for real?? And it's Dempster who makes the decisions NOT petrie...why would any Hibs fan advocate selling our 2 best players...unreal!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
10-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Ru for real?? And it's Dempster who makes the decisions NOT petrie...why would any Hibs fan advocate selling our 2 best players...unreal!!

I think he's playing devils Advocate..........or is that Jeff Sessions

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Honestly we all moan on here about the likes of the Sun and Daily Ranger with their made up stories about Hibs and we have some of our own fans on here making things up?? No wonder this 💩appears in the red tops...they pick it up off here

bingo70
10-01-2017, 08:48 PM

TBH I'd be pretty dissapointed in hibs if we tried anything like that. They agreed a deal with us in good faith, to find a loophole to shaft them with would be poor form imo.

CropleyWasGod
10-01-2017, 08:50 PM
The contract would have to specify a value for each player.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

J-C
10-01-2017, 08:56 PM
The contract would have to specify a value for each player.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Yep, initial price for player, percentage to St Mirren then money deducted for whoever we buy.

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2017, 09:21 PM

Petrie is an accountant.

He sees the pound signs.

Takes the money.

He has got previous.

He has got one huge issue to sell it to the fan base especially the newly signed up season and half season ticket holders, so I hope I am completely and utterly wrong, but can't get rid of the niggling thought.Has he? Don't remember him selling any star players who we've needed to get promoted before?

snooky
10-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Has he? Don't remember him selling any star players who we've needed to get promoted before?

Maybe not promotion, but he sold Gaz just before the SC semi v Hearts.
We all know how that turned out. :crazy:

pacorosssco
10-01-2017, 11:28 PM
At least our guys mainly see us ok dont run down deals leave for free like over road.

J-C
10-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Maybe not promotion, but he sold Gaz just before the SC semi v Hearts.
We all know how that turned out. :crazy:

GOC signed a contract extension purely so Hibs got a decent fee for him, he knew the Russians wanted him and he was getting a tax free wage to boot, it was a good deal for both Hibs and GOC.

Speedy
10-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Yep, initial price for player, percentage to St Mirren then money deducted for whoever we buy.

Yip :greengrin

The suggested loophole doesn't exist.

southern hibby
11-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Let's imagine we sell SJM for 2 mill this window, ( imagine I said, calm down )

£600,000 ish straight to St Midden, that leaves us with 1.4 million. So let's break that down 3 years left on contract and if we let him run out his contract would get ( a guess between £400,000 - £500,000.) development fee not sure if St Mirren would get 30% of this figure as technically it ain't a sell on fee.
So loosing out roughly 1 Mill over three years but having him at the club helping us to get higher league position with more money that will bring in, also more bums in seats if winning games.
So my conclusion is Take the 2 mill ( if anyone is stupid enough to think it should be excepted, from their board) and ram it where the sun don't shine,
Starting price no less than 4.5 mill in my view starting summer window 2018.

Same type scenario for Cummings in my opinion too. So that means that I wouldn't sell either to fund Commons.

GGTTH

McD
11-01-2017, 06:11 AM
Let's imagine we sell SJM for 2 mill this window, ( imagine I said, calm down )

£600,000 ish straight to St Midden, that leaves us with 1.4 million. So let's break that down 3 years left on contract and if we let him run out his contract would get ( a guess between £400,000 - £500,000.) development fee not sure if St Mirren would get 30% of this figure as technically it ain't a sell on fee.
So loosing out roughly 1 Mill over three years but having him at the club helping us to get higher league position with more money that will bring in, also more bums in seats if winning games.
So my conclusion is Take the 2 mill ( if anyone is stupid enough to think it should be excepted, from their board) and ram it where the sun don't shine,
Starting price no less than 4.5 mill in my view starting summer window 2018.

Same type scenario for Cummings in my opinion too. So that means that I wouldn't sell either to fund Commons.

GGTTH

Your scenario(s) don't account for the player being unhappy at not being able/allowed to leave for a club they want to join (assumption for the sake of the point), and presumably increasing their salary significantly, and end up causing disruption in the squad either deliberately or just by feeling hacked off, and not playing well through lack of motivation or hacked off. Under those (not unlikely) circumstances, your points about better league positions and bums on seats through winning become more precarious.

I wouldnt sell either to fund Commons as it happens.

I think Cummings will go for £2m+, and McGinn for £3m+, with possible add-on wrinkles and/or players coming in the other direction to muddy the waters somewhat.

its worth remembering that LD managed to turn a head-turned Scott Allan into (effectively) McGeouch, Henderson on loan and SJM (from the money Celtic paid), and possibly some cash left over also. All from a player who clearly wanted to go.

southern hibby
11-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Your scenario(s) don't account for the player being unhappy at not being able/allowed to leave for a club they want to join (assumption for the sake of the point), and presumably increasing their salary significantly, and end up causing disruption in the squad either deliberately or just by feeling hacked off, and not playing well through lack of motivation or hacked off. Under those (not unlikely) circumstances, your points about better league positions and bums on seats through winning become more precarious.

I wouldnt sell either to fund Commons as it happens.

I think Cummings will go for £2m+, and McGinn for £3m+, with possible add-on wrinkles and/or players coming in the other direction to muddy the waters somewhat.

its worth remembering that LD managed to turn a head-turned Scott Allan into (effectively) McGeouch, Henderson on loan and SJM (from the money Celtic paid), and possibly some cash left over also. All from a player who clearly wanted to go.

Agree with everything you say, but just remember this both young players and need to be playing first team football to get their move, so if they're not trying not playing, we hold the cards here not players or players agents. Every time a player is unhappy not interested wants away do we turn over and let him tickle our stomach to get what he wants?? Once window is shut I think the player would still try want his bonuses from playing so until this is actually tried and tested this for both players is pure speculation.
But I do agree with what you say.

GGTTH

keep the faith
11-01-2017, 07:12 AM
I don't get this. It would be nice to have Commons until the end of the season but he is at the end of his career and unfit. I honestly don't think signing him is absolutely essential.
The idea that we break the bank or use SJM or JC as means of getting him is crazy.

For what it's worth, I would want Scott Allan and Liam Henderson as part of any plus cash deal should celtic come calling for SJM.

J-C
11-01-2017, 07:53 AM
I don't get this. It would be nice to have Commons until the end of the season but he is at the end of his career and unfit. I honestly don't think signing him is absolutely essential.
The idea that we break the bank or use SJM or JC as means of getting him is crazy.

For what it's worth, I would want Scott Allan and Liam Henderson as part of any plus cash deal should celtic come calling for SJM.

Some people need to get a grip, none of the above is going to happen, Commons will be staying till the end of the season whatever happens with any other players, if we can sign him on a pre contract for next season again it will not be at the expense of any of our players, we as a club live within our means and Commons being here next season means he's taken a wage drop to do so.

If we do sell Cummings it will be because the offer was too good but we do not need to sell this window, lets all calm down and let Leeann and Lennon run the club.

Brightside
11-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Commons will not be playing for Hibs past the end of this season. He's just a role of the dice for this year. Get us up then thanks very much.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Commons will not be playing for Hibs past the end of this season. He's just a role of the dice for this year. Get us up then thanks very much.

So he is signing until the end of the season then?

ACLeith
11-01-2017, 08:07 AM

Agree with that. Any movement this window should only have one objective getting us promoted. Chris H only signed until the summer. Achieving that gives us a stronger bargaining position with contract renewal and new players coming in.

And if we can wrap up the league early then we have a chance to throw some of the youngsters in to see what they can do.

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Who knows, he's settled in Scotland, might really enjoy his time at Hibs - likes Lennon, doesn't probably need to chase money .....So you never know.
In any case, the club has to just focus on promotion, all the who stays, comes, goes, will be a summer agenda.

In the short-term, I believe if he stays till end of season, we'll win the league. If he doesn't, I'm not so confident.

Waxy
11-01-2017, 08:19 AM
Let just no sell anyone and if It cost too much to keep Commons then dont bother.

snooky
11-01-2017, 08:23 AM
GOC signed a contract extension purely so Hibs got a decent fee for him, he knew the Russians wanted him and he was getting a tax free wage to boot, it was a good deal for both Hibs and GOC.

A good FINANCIAL deal, I grant you but a crazy football deal given the upcoming semi. I'm sure Garry has said that the transfer was instigated by Hibs.

Captain Trips
11-01-2017, 08:32 AM
If we sold any of our best players and then failed to go up then the board would need to immigrate.

Im comfortable the squad of today even with no new editions is capable of winning title so hopefully only add to squad.

Smartie
11-01-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm not convinced we really need Commons.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's done brilliantly for us. But he was brought in on an emergency loan when we were looking at being without Fyvie, McGinn and McGeouch for a spell. 2 of those 3 are back fit and the other is nearly there. Since these players have been injured we've seen Scott Martin emerge, Marvin Bartley show us what he's capable of, we've signed Chris Humphrey and James Keatings has also returned to fitness.

Commons' signing was a necessity at the time and he's done well during a move that suited all parties. But I'm not convinced he'd be the best use of £2-3k pw right now.

Andy74
11-01-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm not convinced we really need Commons.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's done brilliantly for us. But he was brought in on an emergency loan when we were looking at being without Fyvie, McGinn and McGeouch for a spell. 2 of those 3 are back fit and the other is nearly there. Since these players have been injured we've seen Scott Martin emerge, Marvin Bartley show us what he's capable of, we've signed Chris Humphrey and James Keatings has also returned to fitness.

Commons' signing was a necessity at the time and he's done well during a move that suited all parties. But I'm not convinced he'd be the best use of £2-3k pw right now.

If he can turn draws into wins every so often like he did v Falkirk then he could be vital.

2016 Delivered
11-01-2017, 09:01 AM
A good FINANCIAL deal, I grant you but a crazy football deal given the upcoming semi. I'm sure Garry has said that the transfer was instigated by Hibs.

He wanted to go to Rangers.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Let just no sell anyone and if It cost too much to keep Commons then dont bother.

Nobody knows what Commons is being paid, outwith the Hibs Board and Commons himself. These stories about his pay grows arms and legs without foundation.

scoopyboy
11-01-2017, 09:12 AM
If we sold any of our best players and then failed to go up then the board would need to immigrate.

Im comfortable the squad of today even with no new editions is capable of winning title so hopefully only add to squad.

I think the board already stay in this country.

JimBHibees
11-01-2017, 09:21 AM
If he can turn draws into wins every so often like he did v Falkirk then he could be vital.

Exactly the reason we need him. Has the class to make a difference in a tight game.

BSEJVT
11-01-2017, 09:22 AM

Couldn't agree more

As we only have 1 striker scoring regularly, and whom you would bet to continue to do so, then the supply from midfield is critical.

I think folk get a bit dewy eyed over our present midfield, all of whom are good players and all of whom can dominate games, without creating gilt edged chances.

The strikers rightly get a bit of stick but a lot of what they are asked to live on are half chances.

I would argue though that the current midfield lack that killer pass that Commons brings or that goal threat

The only truly creative one of them IMO is Shinnie, who has proven to be very up and down creatively IMO and is again IMO a terrible finisher

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Exactly the reason we need him. Has the class to make a difference in a tight game.

:agree::agree:

Brightside
11-01-2017, 09:29 AM
:not worth:not worth

Captain Trips
11-01-2017, 11:14 AM

Emigrate, imagine my embarrassment.

McD
11-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Agree with everything you say, but just remember this both young players and need to be playing first team football to get their move, so if they're not trying not playing, we hold the cards here not players or players agents. Every time a player is unhappy not interested wants away do we turn over and let him tickle our stomach to get what he wants?? Once window is shut I think the player would still try want his bonuses from playing so until this is actually tried and tested this for both players is pure speculation.
But I do agree with what you say.

GGTTH

Agree with what you've said as well, especially the point about them needing to be playing to get their moves. It's in their best interests to be in the team and preforming well :aok:

snooky
11-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Emigrate, imagine my embarrassment.

Aye, emagine :wink:

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Due to the lack of any update on this, would it mean he's not available for tomorrow? :confused:

Billy Whizz
13-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Due to the lack of any update on this, would it mean he's not available for tomorrow? :confused:

Parker said on HibsTV he's in the squad for tomorrow

Thecat23
13-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Been told today Hibs have agreed terms for him to stay till summer. Was from a journo so not sure if true or not. Anyone else heard the same?

Blaster
13-01-2017, 05:22 PM

His contract was until the 15th BH so available tomorrow

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Parker said on HibsTV he's in the squad for tomorrow

:aok:

The_Horde
13-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Been told today Hibs have agreed terms for him to stay till summer. Was from a journo so not sure if true or not. Anyone else heard the same?

Was pretty much agreed along with the emergency loan I think?

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 06:24 PM

Happy New Year TC 😊

You heard anything regards Swanson ? I heard last week we're trying very hard to get him and he's close to agreeing - for me I think he'd be an excellent signing - he's playing his best football just now.

hibees 7062
13-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Happy New Year TC 😊

You heard anything regards Swanson ? I heard last week we're trying very hard to get him and he's close to agreeing - for me I think he'd be an excellent signing - he's playing his best football just now.

We won't pay what they want to release him now

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 07:11 PM
We won't pay what they want to release him now

Can understand that - I'm hearing he's keen to sign for Hibs.

hibees 7062
13-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Can understand that - I'm hearing he's keen to sign for Hibs.

Yes but Petrie won't pay money for a player he can get for nowt in the summer

houstonhibbee
13-01-2017, 09:19 PM
has he agreed to sign a pre contract?

Hermit Crab
13-01-2017, 09:20 PM

Thought it was nowt to do with Petrie anymore? LD deals with transfers does she not?

Ilovehibs
13-01-2017, 09:24 PM

Agree. Would not want to lose SJM or JC in order to keep Commons. No thanks.

snooky
13-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Thought it was nowt to do with Petrie anymore? LD deals with transfers does she not?

Gottle o' geer? :dunno:

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 09:31 PM

I'm hearing he's happy to wait until then - knowing Saints though they'll put together a good deal. But as I say from what I hear he's extremely open to signing for Hibs whenever. Don't think Petrie is involved at all.

hibees 7062
13-01-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm hearing he's happy to wait until then - knowing Saints though they'll put together a good deal. But as I say from what I hear he's extremely open to signing for Hibs whenever. Don't think Petrie is involved at all.

Saints won't pay what he wants we will . Petrie is involved and was the reason Danny never signed the last time

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Saints won't pay what he wants we will . Petrie is involved and was the reason Danny never signed the last time

Not doubting you mate but I'm hearing he's very keen, could sign now or pre-contract, and Petrie hasn't ever been mentioned - Pawlett is another we're looking at. But I'm certain Swanson is a target for this window or summer.

Thecat23
13-01-2017, 10:41 PM
Happy New Year TC 😊

Happy New Year to you too 👍🏼

I haven't heard anything at all for a while on Swanson. If we do get him I think he'd be a far better player for us than he was for that mob over the road.

21sMay
13-01-2017, 10:43 PM
I heard from a good friend that we supposedly tried to give them Harris and the remainder of Danny's season wages in order to get him and where told he wasn't leaving during January. This was just before we signed commons on an emergency loan though

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Happy New Year to you too 👍🏼

I haven't heard anything at all for a while on Swanson. If we do get him I think he'd be a far better player for us than he was for that mob over the road.

Hope you had a good one bud !

Given his reaction at a Tynie at the end of the game when he got abuse I'd say he's definitely 'one of our own' 😀 his retort to a fan was priceless.

Thecat23
13-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Given his reaction at a Tynie at the end of the game when he got abuse I'd say he's definitely 'one of our own' 😀 his retort to a fan was priceless.

Yeah he was defo never one of them that's for sure 😁

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 10:48 PM

One of the 'had to be there moments' - boy slagged Danny's weight and I don't think he was ready for Danny's response judging by the fact his head nearly exploded with rage (fan) 😀

Big L
13-01-2017, 10:56 PM
I believe we are paying 20% of his £18K a week wage ie £ 3,600 pw. That was OK when it was a short term loan, I can't see Celtic agreeing to that for the rest of the season. Best bet would be for them to pay him off.

hibees 7062
13-01-2017, 11:00 PM

100 per cent Hibee

truehibernian
13-01-2017, 11:02 PM
I believe we are paying 20% of his £18K a week wage ie £ 3,600 pw. That was OK when it was a short term loan, I can't see Celtic agreeing to that for the rest of the season. Best bet would be for them to pay him off.

Commons would have been here sooner had CL progress been known - and I agree, I think Celtic will pay him off. Celtic will get a whopper of a fee if Van Dijk goes this window so they'll easily absorb a hit and allow KC to go to Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2017, 07:49 AM

Does this journo get his info from Hibs TV?

JimBHibees
14-01-2017, 07:49 AM

What did he say?

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2017, 07:50 AM

LD only deals with the successful deals. Any failures are still down to Petrie.

Brightside
14-01-2017, 08:55 AM

Correct. People really need the knock this Petrie stuff on the head. Its boring.

Itsnoteasy
14-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Correct. People really need the knock this Petrie stuff on the head. Its boring.

Got to agree. But why is he still at ER if LD is doing his job.

TrinityHibby
14-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Totally agree. Anyone who thinks Rod Petrie does not have Hibs' best interests at Heart is mistaken.

s.a.m
14-01-2017, 09:13 AM

Because Tom Farmer wants him there. He's doing a different job.

Steve-O
14-01-2017, 09:33 AM

He is the Chairman of the Board, she's Chief Executive

oldbutdim
14-01-2017, 10:34 AM
What did he say?

Anyone?

I'm intrigued now.

Thecat23
14-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Does this journo get his info from Hibs TV?

Nope, he's a St Johnstone fan.

Thecat23
14-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Petrie is still very much involved with transfers. Him and LD work very closely on these things. He has taken a step back yeah, but everything still needs to be put to him.

The Leith Dutch
14-01-2017, 11:26 AM

:agree:

And aside from being boring it's properly mental - since LD arrived I feel we're a very well run club.
Communications have improved. Managers have been backed (and I expected there to be some merited fiscal prudence).

And then there was the handling of the Scott Allan situation.
The rangers were told to gtf and the club turned a great deal out of the situation.
Not long ago most of the folk on here myself included would have expected us to accept an insulting sum of money and let the rangers have their way (much like we did with the club they're a tribute act to ;) )

LD has been one of the best signings Hibs have made imo.

Wee Effen Bee
14-01-2017, 11:33 AM
:agree:

And aside from being boring it's properly mental - since LD arrived I feel we're a very well run club.
Communications have improved. Managers have been backed (and I expected there to be some merited fiscal prudence).

And then there was the handling of the Scott Allan situation.
The rangers were told to gtf and the club turned a great deal out of the situation.
Not long ago most of the folk on here myself included would have expected us to accept an insulting sum of money and let the rangers have their way (much like we did with the club they're a tribute act to ;) )

LD has been one of the best signings Hibs have made imo.

Aye, that's all very well and that, :grr:but WTF did Danny say to the Jambo?:I'm waiti

14-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Makes sense for all parties for him to stay with us till the end of the season. He clearly is well down the pecking order at celtic so staying with us means he gets plenty game time and keeps up his fitness.

oldbutdim
14-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Aye, that's all very well and that, :grr:but WTF did Danny say to the Jambo?:I'm waiti

You had to be there.

Apparently.

truehibernian
14-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Anyone?

I'm intrigued now.

😀 nothing sensational, but the words 'jakey' coupled with 'hearts' and then a swear word were neatly combined to make a firm repost to the fan who questioned young Daniel's 'tummy girth' !

oldbutdim
14-01-2017, 11:57 AM
😀 nothing sensational, but the words 'jakey' coupled with 'hearts' and then a swear word were neatly combined to make a firm repost to the fan who questioned young Daniel's 'tummy girth' !

Thank you.

Decent.

truehibernian
14-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Thank you.

Decent.

He scored a cracker against them that day too. Would be a magic addition to our attacking midfield.

oldbutdim
14-01-2017, 12:08 PM
He scored a cracker against them that day too. Would be a magic addition to our attacking midfield.

I remember that goal.
Would be fun to have him in the side in a Cup derby....

Col2
14-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Still haven't seen anything to confirm if he eligible on current deal to play today or not?

Blaster
14-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Still haven't seen anything to confirm if he eligible on current deal to play today or not?

His contract runs till Monday so he's eligible

The Sundance Kid
14-01-2017, 12:19 PM

Garry Parker confirmed on his Hibs TV interview, as did Lennon on STV News on Thursday night that he was eligible for this game

Col2
14-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Garry Parker confirmed on his Hibs TV interview, as did Lennon on STV News on Thursday night that he was eligible for this game

Cheers.

cmcd
14-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Totally agree. Anyone who thinks Rod Petrie does not have Hibs' best interests at Heart is mistaken.
Agree

oldbutdim
14-01-2017, 01:30 PM

He's playing today.

California-Hibs
14-01-2017, 02:17 PM
He's only just went and scored! Gotta get the lad till the end of the season, the guy is class! 2 goals already from midfield in this team.

Hfc_Since1875
14-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Only caught the end but sure chick young said he believes that will be commons last appearance for us

ACLeith
14-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Only caught the end but sure chick young said he believes that will be commons last appearance for us

Guarantees he will sign to the end if the season then.

Pete
14-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Update on Commons:

He's ****ing awesome!

mutley
14-01-2017, 04:06 PM
I hope we can hold on to Commons, that's 2 games he's given us important goals and thanks to them we are 6 points clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
14-01-2017, 04:06 PM

I presume he was only stating the obvious in terms of the original loan. Earlier, they were saying that Lennon was waiting to get today's game out the way and then discussing the Commons situation. Unless Commons has attracted more attention from down south and he is open to a move away from Scotland, I would think a new loan deal must be on the cards.

Heisenberg
14-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Would be gutted if we couldn't keep him. He's won us two games with vital goals. Already seems a much more effective option than Shinnie.

HibbySpurs
14-01-2017, 04:08 PM

Or more likely the twats at BBC Scotland who despise everything about us hope it's last and will do any amount of **** stirring to try and make it happen!

Ozyhibby
14-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Would be gutted if we couldn't keep him. He's won us two games with vital goals. Already seems a much more effective option than Shinnie.

He is definitely that. Richard Gordon pointing out that Chic Young had been sitting with Commons agent when he said it would be his last game for Hibs.

Andy74
14-01-2017, 04:18 PM
I presume he was only stating the obvious in terms of the original loan. Earlier, they were saying that Lennon was waiting to get today's game out the way and then discussing the Commons situation. Unless Commons has attracted more attention from down south and he is open to a move away from Scotland, I would think a new loan deal must be on the cards.

If there was no chance at all of it happening I'm sure his agent would have found somewhere else to go than Dumbarton v Hibs.

lucky
14-01-2017, 04:21 PM
He is definitely that. Richard Gordon pointing out that Chic Young had been sitting with Commons agent when he said it would be his last game for Hibs.

If it is we thank him and get on with the job of winning the league. He's a great player but no player is bigger than the club. His wages were always going to be an issue going forward. He's reportedly on £18k-£20k a week. Even if we offer a mega wage of £5k a week he's going to get much better offers. I fully expect him to go finish his career in the USA and top up his bank account for his families future.

Thecat23
14-01-2017, 04:21 PM
If chick young told me the sky was blue I'd have to look out the window and check. The man hasn't a ****ing clue about anything.

Fifehibby74
14-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Don't panic let's wait and see what happens. We've got a good chance of keeping him. He's says he's settled in Scotland as his kids are at school, what bigger club could he get in Scotland, he's got something to play for at Hibs, he seems to have enjoyed it so far, he's got a good relationship with Neil Lennon and we must have some extra cash just now with bigger gates to finance some of his salary.

Northernhibee
14-01-2017, 04:24 PM
His agent may well have said that - if he's looking to negotiate the best possible deal for Kris he's not going to go "Aye, he's going to jump into bed for tuppence a week", is he?

Andy74
14-01-2017, 04:27 PM
His agent may well have said that - if he's looking to negotiate the best possible deal for Kris he's not going to go "Aye, he's going to jump into bed for tuppence a week", is he?

Don't think the deal for the player has much to do with it. He has a contract.

BullsCloseHibs
14-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Chick 'in the know' Young lol

Hasnt a f_____n clue.

noz
14-01-2017, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4907580]He is definitely that. Richard Gordon pointing out that Chic Young had been sitting with Commons agent when he said it would be his last game for Hibs.

Gutted if this true, our midfield dont exactly score many, in fact, McGeouch, Bartley and Fyvie havent scored all season!

Heisenberg
14-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Tam McManus also reckons we won't see Commons again. Gutted if we can't keep him.

H18 SFR
14-01-2017, 04:42 PM
If we don't get him I want someone else in of that caliber.

Jim44
14-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Tam McManus also reckons we won't see Commons again. Gutted if we can't keep him.

If that's the case there must be a concrete offer from another club 'cos there's no chance he's going back to Parkhead to sit on his Archie.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 04:46 PM
If that's the case there must be a concrete offer from another club 'cos there's no chance he's going back to Parkhead to sit on his Archie.
maybe Hibs are not willing to continue paying 2,000 pw for another 5 months now that everyone is fit again?

hibsitis
14-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Or more likely the twats at BBC Scotland who despise everything about us hope it's last and will do any amount of **** stirring to try and make it happen!

Can we just stop this nonsense now?

Jim44
14-01-2017, 04:49 PM
maybe Hibs are not willing to continue paying 2,000 pw for another 5 months now that everyone is fit again?

........ self inflicted pressure if that's the case. :rolleyes:

greenginger
14-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Aberdeen ? about the only other Scottish club that would suit him.

J-C
14-01-2017, 04:53 PM
He said it's his last game because technically it is and his agent won't say anything more.

Smartie
14-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Even if it was his last game, what a cracking contribution he's made.

Our season has been turned on it's head during his time here, mainly due to very significant contributions made in vital, narrow away wins at Dumbarton and Falkirk.

Wilson
At the end of the day we can't afford him. It is that simple.

A good use of the emergency loan system - and it was an emergency. His contribution could prove vital over the piece. If he gets a good move and a regular game out of it then it worked out for everyone.

I think much more of Commons now and I hope he reflects fondly on his limited time with the hibees.

JeMeSouviens
Chick said Hibs couldn't match clubs down south (amazing insight as usual) and that KC would see out his contract at Celtc and go back to England in the summer.

No reason why he couldn't see out his contract on loan with us, is there?

Stevie Reid
If he goes then he's made a huge contribution towards us going six clear by scoring the winner in our last two away games.

hibees 7062
14-01-2017, 04:58 PM

https://youtu.be/Of_8govNGfs and this one

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Chick said Hibs couldn't match clubs down south (amazing insight as usual) and that KC would see out his contract at Celtc and go back to England in the summer.

No reason why he couldn't see out his contract on loan with us, is there?
the 2000 per week hibs would have to pay?

WhileTheChief..
14-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Chick Young also said that Lennon is sitting down with Commons and his agent this evening to see if a deal can be done.

I reckon he'll be with us till end of the season.

Dr Jimmy
14-01-2017, 05:02 PM
If chick young told me the sky was blue I'd have to look out the window and check. The man hasn't a ****ing clue about anything.

The same Chick Young who said Dundee Utd tried to get Commons when we did. Only for Ray McKinnon to say live on the radio that's not true and we made no approach for Commons.

I also remember Chicky boy saying He had seen Scott Brown at Ibrox for signing talks when he was still at Hibs.

Complete buffoon!!

lord bunberry
14-01-2017, 05:02 PM
If he goes then he's made a huge contribution towards us going six clear by scoring the winner in our last two away games.

Correct. He's made a very important contribution at a time that our season could have went either way imo. We're now 6 ahead and if he's not staying it's up to the others to step up to the mark and win the league. To lose it from here would be criminal.

WoreTheGreen
14-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Just an idea but what about fan's sponsership towards his wages anything to get out this league

Hibs07p
14-01-2017, 05:07 PM
I personally think KC is playing hardball with celtc for a pay off, and as a free agent he will re-sign with us as the window slams shut.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

oneone73
14-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Just an idea but what about fan's sponsership towards his wages anything to get out this league

That's what HSL do.

Aldo
14-01-2017, 05:11 PM

This. Complete and utter ****witt of a human being and liar to boot.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Chick Young also said that Lennon is sitting down with Commons and his agent this evening to see if a deal can be done.

Would any discussion on money not be between the clubs as it would be a negotiation on how much contribution Hibs would make to reduce Celtic's outlay? presumably Commons would rather be playing than not so what is there to discuss there?

jacomo
14-01-2017, 05:13 PM
If we don't get him I want someone else in of that caliber.

I want a Porsche 911 but the numbers don't stack up.

What will be will be.

JimBHibees
14-01-2017, 05:14 PM
The same Chick Young who said Dundee Utd tried to get Commons when we did. Only for Ray McKinnon to say live on the radio that's not true and we made no approach for Commons.

I also remember Chicky boy saying He had seen Scott Brown at Ibrox for signing talks when he was still at Hibs.

Complete buffoon!!

And that he saw Hibs fans assaulting Rangers players with a belt.

Onion
14-01-2017, 05:15 PM

Don't see that. Commons will get his £20k a week whether he signs for Hibs or not.

IMO Commons signing could be huge is our promotion push. Feels a bit like the time we chose not pay the few hundred £k to get Griffiths on the cheap, and regretted it.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Don't see that. Commons will get his £20k a week whether he signs for Hibs or not.

IMO Commons signing could be huge is our promotion push. Feels a bit like the time we chose not pay the few hundred £k to get Griffiths on the cheap, and regretted it.
apparently Commons is on a base of 12k with Hibs paying 2k

JeMeSouviens
14-01-2017, 05:23 PM

And that HMRC would vote for the Old Rangers' CVA. :wink:

The Leith Dutch
14-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Curious - posts suggest anywhere between a base of 12k and a weekly wage of 20k.
Most seem to say we're paying 2k of that.

Any idea how that 2k compares to the average 1st team wage and that of the higher earners?
I have no idea but surely we'd still be on around that for 3 or 4 of the top earners at the club no?

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 05:28 PM

According to BBC Lennon saying nothing will be discussed until Monday. Could be Hibs still trying to get Danny Swanson as an alternative this window?

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2017, 05:30 PM

He meant a 'welt' as he was standing next to the Hibs fan at the time.

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2017, 05:31 PM
According to BBC Lennon saying nothing will be discussed until Monday. Could be Hibs still trying to get Danny Swanson as an alternative this window?

Hope so. Swanson still has a couple of SPL seasons in him.

McD
14-01-2017, 05:37 PM
You look at people like Kenny Millar who seem to have decent contacts, and are pretty reliable with the info they share about clubs and players (and I'm assuming there's stuff they know and don't share for a variety of reasons), then wastes of air like chick young, who just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble, safe in the knowledge that they'll never get pulled up about the nonsense they spout.

Sycophantic goat.

Captain Trips
14-01-2017, 05:48 PM
If we can just keep him until end of season as we cannot compete with his wage, I reckon he can do us a turn and himself abd probably get offered a deal on decent money elsewhere.

Even if we are only paying 1 or 2k of his Celtic wage its still saving them money.

Here is hoping as 6pts have came from his goals.

Thecat23
14-01-2017, 05:52 PM

Complete buffoon!!

Bang on!!

mjhibby
14-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Would any discussion on money not be between the clubs as it would be a negotiation on how much contribution Hibs would make to reduce Celtic's outlay? presumably Commons would rather be playing than not so what is there to discuss there?

Celtic will be looking to reduce their wage on commons and are probably hoping someone else will come in and pay a higher percentage of his wage. If could end up going to the last couple of the days of the transfer window. I'm sure commons would love to be at er till the end of the season as he is clearly enjoying it here. The cat and mouse will no doubt keep the papers happy but there isn't a lot we can do but wait till it unfolds. With McGinn and fyfie back we are back to having a strong midfield again. Commons has been a fantastic piece of business by Lennon and if that's his last game a big thanks Kris for your contribution.

J-C
14-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Celtic will have to pay off all Commons wages to get him off the books, if you were Commons would you take less. So we have 2 scenarios...Commons gets paid off by Celtic, meaning he has full wages and Hibs pay him £2k pw till end of the season. 2, Celtic refuse to pay up his contract and we get him till the end of the season paying part of his wages like we already were.

BoomtownHibees
14-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Celtic will have to pay off all Commons wages to get him off the books, if you were Commons would you take less. So we have 2 scenarios...Commons gets paid off by Celtic, meaning he has full wages and Hibs pay him £2k pw till end of the season. 2, Celtic refuse to pay up his contract and we get him till the end of the season paying part of his wages like we already were.

Or a team pay money to sign him from Celtc

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:07 PM

That would indicate discussions between the player and Celtic are required though rather than the player and Hibs as is being reported. Doesn't seem like Celtic are the hold up here

stoneyburn hibs
14-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Chic was on the same flight as me in November (Malaga to Glasgow) and I was desperate to say something to him regarding the cup final. Wife reigned me in. Wee fud.

Real Emerald
14-01-2017, 06:08 PM
You don't know who to believe but if it's true that Commons is discussing his future with Lennon and his agent it points to a permanent deal. Otherwise Hibs would be speaking directly with Celtic would they not?

Craig_HFC
14-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Chic was on the same flight as me in November (Malaga to Glasgow) and I was desperate to say something to him regarding the cup final. Wife reigned me in. Wee fud.

Should have skelped him with your belt. He seem's to fantasise about that as that can be the only explanation as to the pish he was spouting after ther Cup Final.

Wee fud is correct. ***** wee goatee anaw.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:10 PM
wouldn't necessarily have to pay for him but would need to match his wages of 12k at least to the end of the season

Real Emerald
14-01-2017, 06:13 PM
wouldn't necessarily have to pay for him but would need to match his wages of 12k at least to the end of the season

Unless Celtic were prepared to pay half his contract off thus saving them half. Hibs make up some of the rest and Commons takes a financial hit for a few months. He gets to play, puts himself in the shop window and doesn't need to uproot his family. Just a thought!

WoreTheGreen
14-01-2017, 06:15 PM

Does anyone KC agents name?

Stubbsyy
14-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Someone on one of the Celtic forums, who apparently works for the club, says that Commons will stay until the end of the season and Hibs will pick up 20% of his wage.

The guy has been right a lot of times and everyone does believe he works there, or is close to someone who does

Only thing that could change it would be if someone comes in with an offer

Hope he's right because I believe KC could play a huge part in gaining promotion.

Libby Hibby
14-01-2017, 06:18 PM
If there is a sniff of getting Commons back the we should grasp it with both hands. Great player and he has been the catalyst to our season since his arrival

Roxyhibee
14-01-2017, 06:26 PM

Complete buffoon!!

And the same Chick Young who publicly stated a few years back, he knew for a fact that 'Craig Levein is definitely not in the running for the Scotland job..' (mind, I wish that had been true). Then when it happened, left himself open to the double pie-faced brothers Preston and Robertson to slaughter him mercilessly come the folllowing BBC Radio Saturday. It was utterly cringeworthy. Not a shred of credibility.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Someone on one of the Celtic forums, who apparently works for the club, says that Commons will stay until the end of the season and Hibs will pick up 20% of his wage.

The guy has been right a lot of times and everyone does believe he works there, or is close to someone who does

Only thing that could change it would be if someone comes in with an offer

Hope he's right because I believe KC could play a huge part in gaining promotion.
I think Celtic are ok to extend the agreement to the end of the season, they don't seem to be the problem.

Seems hibs may be reluctant to pay that much for another 4-5 months and may have other irons in the fire as the window is still open

Or it may be that they have just not sat down to discuss it yet. You would think Commons is keen as it seems he gave his all today.

WoreTheGreen
14-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Pity only pity is what chick is due sad little pathetic never hasbeen

WS Hibs
14-01-2017, 06:33 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/820350654510223361

Commons speaking to Sky.

Babyshamble
14-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Just been on sky sports saying he wants to stay 🙏

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:37 PM
I think if that's the case then Mondays discussion will confirm that. circa 40k to have him until the end of the season seems like a good deal

hibs#1
14-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Tam mcmanus is tweeting that commons is done.is hinting at either mackay-Stevens or Christie are possibles

Personally short term I'd keep commons if possible the get Henderson or swanson.

Babyshamble
14-01-2017, 06:38 PM
I think if that's the case then Mondays discussion will confirm that. circa 40k to have him until the end of the season seems like a good deal

There's a video just been posted on Twitter by sky sports scotland

number9dream
The board are under some serious pressure to get this one over the line.
But we can't expect miracles. Us paying 2k a week is not exactly a big incentive for Celtic but they might think they owe Commons a turn after his excellent years of service.
Celtic might try and save a few bob by paying him off slightly less than his full package but then other clubs could come into play.
I doubt an English Championship side would take a punt on him in his current physical condition and I'd be quite sanguine about seeing off any other Scottish interest.
He has a relationship with Lennon and they share the same agent, so those factors should help.
Fingers crossed, although it might drag on beyond next weekend. We should be able to handle Bonnyrigg Rose without him...

Real Emerald
I think Celtic are ok to extend the agreement to the end of the season, they don't seem to be the problem.

Seems hibs may be reluctant to pay that much for another 4-5 months and may have other irons in the fire as the window is still open

Or it may be that they have just not sat down to discuss it yet. You would think Commons is keen as it seems he gave his all today.

The strange thing is that Celtic would benefit from any drop in his wages. They're not going to play him again and will get no transfer fee. If it was a loan deal Hibs would negotiate with Celtic as to the % of wages Hibs paid. It makes no odds to Commons as he will receive his full wage. If Hibs are negotiating directly with Conmons and his agent I can't see where within that scenario a loan deal would sit? To me he must be negotiating a way out of Celtic that suits all parties.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Tam mcmanus is tweeting that commons is done.is hinting at either mackay-Stevens or Christie are possibles

Personally short term I'd keep commons if possible the get Henderson or swanson.
Henderson doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar and is getting some game time

Swanson more likely to be in the summer to avoid paying a fee

where is Tam getting his info?

Babyshamble
14-01-2017, 06:39 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/820350654510223361

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2017, 06:40 PM

BBC bias no doubt.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:41 PM
nothing online yet.....

Jim44
14-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Fancy coming out with that when McManus has already announced that he won't be at ER after the window closes.:rolleyes:

hibs#1
14-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Henderson doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar and is getting some game time

Swanson more likely to be in the summer to avoid paying a fee

where is Tam getting his info?

No idea just saw have him on twitter guessing he'll have some idea of what's going on.
Could be a lot of rubbish but tam seems a good guy.

Babyshamble
14-01-2017, 06:43 PM
nothing online yet.....

Just posted the link mate.

Real Emerald

Knocks the BBC view on the head a bit 👍

IanM
“I’d like to think I have contributed in my time here.

“But they have helped me out just as much. It has been a pleasure to play for Hibs.

“Obviously, going for championships and winning trophies appeals – if this team could get promotion it would be a big thing for Edinburgh and the Premiership.

“If I can be a part of that it will be great not only for Neil but myself.

“I need to speak to Celtic first and foremost.”

Radium
14-01-2017, 06:44 PM
nothing online yet.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170114/0b0835cdf9b183f7abd0920e8a1cf090.png

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:49 PM
seems quite open to staying with Hibs then if Celtic and Hibs can agree.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Fancy coming out with that when McManus has already announced that he won't be at ER after the window closes.:rolleyes:

:greengrin

J-C
14-01-2017, 06:53 PM

He's showing no sign of wanting to go elsewhere, family commitment in Scotland and kids are settled in school.

RIP Bestie
14-01-2017, 06:59 PM
If Lennon is going to sit down with Commons and his agent surely that suggests that something has been agreed with Celtic by us for the remainder of the season, or we would not have permission to speak to him as he is still their player. The other scenario is that,because he is out of contract in the summer, we could be negotiating a pre contract agreement.

J-C
14-01-2017, 07:04 PM
If Lennon is going to sit down with Commons and his agent surely that suggests that something has been agreed with Celtic by us for the remainder of the season, or we would not have permission to speak to him as he is still their player. The other scenario is that,because he is out of contract in the summer, we could be negotiating a pre contract agreement.

It may just be a continuation of the loan deal already in place.

houstonhibbee

For something that would appear to be fairly straightforward with everyone seemingly happy - something is not adding up somewhere.....

Maybe officially they have to wait until the emergency loan period ends before anything can formally be announced?

I can't see Hibs being too worried about a pre contract at this point - more just getting things in place for this window and promotion

Famous Fiver
Kris

If you read this to quote the words of the song

'Don't go, please stay....'

Your contribution has been immense and this is one Hibbie who has enjoyed every moment of your game time.

You are a class act.

houstonhibbee
14-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Kris

Your contribution has been immense and this is one Hibbie who has enjoyed every moment of your game time.

You are a class act.
That should seal it:greengrin

where'stheslope
14-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Not knowing what sort of money he's on at Celtic, I would think the only Club who could try and match Celtic is the other Ugly!

We can't afford Celtic monies, so we need total help from Celtic in his salary payments.

If we can come to some sort of agreement to prolong his stay it would be a great achievement by the club!!

With the success he has had at Hibs in his short stay, I think we have given him a big choice to make!!!

Real Emerald
14-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Kris

You are a class act.

It would be a 'Crying Shame' if he did 😊

That is referring to a rather old song BTW

Golden Bear
14-01-2017, 07:12 PM
It would be a 'Crying Shame' if he did 😊

That is referring to a rather old song BTW

Jeez you must be as auld as me and i'm REALLY auld.

Real Emerald
14-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Had many a guid last dance to that one 🙄

Heisenberg
14-01-2017, 07:19 PM

Real Emerald
14-01-2017, 07:23 PM

Had many a guid last dance to that one 🙄

Sir David Gray
14-01-2017, 07:34 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/820350654510223361

Commons speaking to Sky.

It could just be a case of Commons answering questions diplomatically when he knows deep down that he won't be staying but doesn't want to say that when he's being interviewed in a Hibs tracksuit.

However if you take his answers at face value, it does sort of blow the thoughts of Chick Young out the water.

My own thoughts are that he won't be back but you never know in football.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Is he the agent?

Or is this just a BBC employee doing biased stuff?

Dibben
14-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Is he the agent?

I'm sure he's the agent!!

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2017, 07:44 PM
I'm sure he's the agent!!

Do you think the BBC put him up to this tweet?

Sir David Gray
14-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Is he the agent?

It's his agent.

Bay Area Hibees
14-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Sounds decent chance we can keep him. Kids in school Glasgow .

Won is 6 points.

Really hope we have him till end season.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Sounds decent chance we can keep him. Kids in school Glasgow .

Won is 6 points.

Really hope we have him till end season.

Based on what his agent's tweeted it doesn't sound like there's a decent chance.

lugz
14-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Can't see this happening and if it doesn't we move on right away get in Lennons other targets who'll be there to get us promotion and play for us in the premiership.

I appreciate all he's done for us in his short spell but no gonna lose sleep over him not staying.

RIP Bestie
14-01-2017, 08:07 PM
It may just be a continuation of the loan deal already in place.

Thats what I mean. If we are talking to Commons directly it surely means that both Hibs and Celtic have come to some sort of agreement to continue the loan and it is now purely about what Commons wants to do.

Golden Bear
14-01-2017, 08:11 PM
A future coaching role might just convince Commons that it would be a good career move to stay at ER.