PDA

View Full Version : Super John McGinn Song

franck sauzee
10-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Can we please all agree what we are all meant to sing now please as there seems to be a fair bit of confusion after the part - I just don't think you understand.

Are we sticking with Alan Stubb's man?

Neil Lennon's man?

Even heard he's won the Scottish cup, the Huns can gtf

While I agree with the sentiment in the last one a lot of kid's like to sing the John McGinn song so I personally think we should keep it clean

NthCarolinaHibs
10-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Alan Stubbs version for me..

GreenArmyyy!
10-01-2017, 07:36 AM
He'll always be Alan Stubbs's man for me!

FifeHibs
10-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Lennon for me, Stubbs has gone.

Onion
10-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Stubbs for me. Stubbs will never be "gone" :rolleyes: Legend forever :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
10-01-2017, 07:44 AM
I sang " he was Alan Stubbs man "
Imo we should keep AS in the song as he is a Hibernian living Legend .

pacoluna
10-01-2017, 07:48 AM
He's as much stubb's man as he is Danny lennons. why people would persist on singing alan stubb's man baffles me.

Ringothedog
10-01-2017, 07:53 AM
He's as much stubb's man as he is Danny lennons. why people would persist on singing alan stubb's man baffles me.

Neil Lennon

Callyballybe
10-01-2017, 07:54 AM
I personally think we have to get with the new. No disrespect at all to Stubbs, but he isn't with us anymore.

Either "He's Neil Lennon's man" or "He's the Hibee's man" going forward for me.

It would be good to get everyone singing in unison agan, it's a great song.

Andy74
10-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Neil Lennon

That's his point. Danny was also a previous manager.

Frazerbob
10-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Stubbs

DarrenSQH
10-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Lyrics will never change from the original for me. Think a vast majority would agree going by the loud chants on Friday saying stubbs.

ehf
10-01-2017, 08:04 AM
What about replacing "He's Alan Stubbs's man" with "He plays for Scotland"?

pacoluna
10-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Neil Lennon
He was danny lennon's man when he won the league cup with St Mirren like he was Stubbs's man when he won the Scottish cup.

LithgaeHibby
10-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Found myself singing "he's Neil Stubbs's man" amid the general excitement of seeing him coming on again after his time out.

Since90+2
10-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Stubbs'.

Wheat Hound
10-01-2017, 08:13 AM
He's Neil Lennon's man now so I'm supporting our current manager.

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Stubbs. He brought him to the club and the song was made with his name in it. You try telling my 4 year old it's not Alan Stubbs and explaining he's been replaced as manager etc, many just know it as a song and songs shouldn't be changed.

Last Minute
10-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Neil is now the man that puts his name on the team sheet. so it has to be Neil Lennons man

Andy74
10-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Stubbs. He brought him to the club and the song was made with his name in it. You try telling my 4 year old it's not Alan Stubbs and explaining he's been replaced as manager etc, many just know it as a song and songs shouldn't be changed.

Who's green and white army are we then?

ShanksSaidNo
10-01-2017, 09:02 AM
"He won the Scottish Cup, he's gonna take us up" is the winner for me.

CentreLine
10-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Rod Petrie's man :thumbsup:

or Leeann Dempster's man :not worth

Only kidding. Would be a good song but always assosiated with Alan Stubbs

Carheenlea
10-01-2017, 09:06 AM
It's a song that will be sung in bars prior to big Hibs games long after McGinn departs for years to come, and will forever be connected to our Cup winning season. And it will be sung with the Alan Stubbs line.

HibbyScott
10-01-2017, 09:10 AM
It's a song that will be sung in bars prior to big Hibs games long after McGinn departs for years to come, and will forever be connected to our Cup winning season. And it will be sung with the Alan Stubbs line.

We HAD McGinn!! :scarf:

Waxy
10-01-2017, 09:11 AM
When we've not got him? Hows that work?
We had Mcginn, super John Mcginn?

Alfiembra
10-01-2017, 09:23 AM
He's a Hibees man

Easy and safe for the kids

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
10-01-2017, 09:25 AM
its a great song that gets everyone going. The original should be the version to stick with. It's absolutely no slight on the current manager to keep using Stubbs name in that song. by association the cup final feel good factor runs thru me each time it's sung.

Ringothedog
10-01-2017, 10:09 AM
That's his point. Danny was also a previous manager.

I will take the slap for that:blushie:

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Who's green and white army are we then?

Whoever the manager is then. That's what the song is about the current manager at the time. The John McGinn song is about a specific person. It would be like changing GGTTH to players most of us have actually seen like Sauzee and Latapy, that's my and many others bygone days but it won't be changed because it's a specific song that people know and sing.

70KevinHFC62
10-01-2017, 10:19 AM
What about he's hibs's talisman

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Original for me. Alan Stubbs' man

MKHIBEE
10-01-2017, 10:50 AM
""He's the Hibees midfield man, who's better than Zidane" does it for me

Andy74
10-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Whoever the manager is then. That's what the song is about the current manager at the time. The John McGinn song is about a specific person. It would be like changing GGTTH to players most of us have actually seen like Sauzee and Latapy, that's my and many others bygone days but it won't be changed because it's a specific song that people know and sing.

You said songs can't be changed and you'd have to explain the change of manager. The green and white army one is an example of a song which needs to be changed without any issue.

The song says he IS Alan Stubbs's man. He's not, is he?

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 01:43 PM
You said songs can't be changed and you'd have to explain the change of manager. The green and white army one is an example of a song which needs to be changed without any issue.

The song says he IS Alan Stubbs's man. He's not, is he?

The Green and White Army song is a chant with the intent to change when managers change. John McGinn is a song which shouldn't be changed, in my opinion of course. The song was made when he was starring for Alan Stubbs and will be sang in years to come. What happens if he leaves, goes down south to say Derby and comes back for a game and we sing the song? Do we change the words to Steve McLarens man just to be totally correct? No, it will be Stubbs' again.

Glory Lurker
10-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Stubbs' man.

We don't get uptight that we never have played in South Morocco.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Definitely remains Stubbs.

jonny
10-01-2017, 02:33 PM

100% agree. Definitely Neil Lennon's man these days.

frazeHFC
10-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Don't see why we shouldn't sing Stubbs name because he's gone. He's a Hibs legend and his name should be sung for years to come. McGinn will always be Allan Stubbs' man for me.

What about replacing "He's Alan Stubbs's man" with "He plays for Scotland"?

Rhymes perfectly!..

hibbie02
10-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Stubbs' man.

That's a very fair point!

SRHibs
10-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Rhymes perfectly!..

:tee hee:

Ken
10-01-2017, 04:46 PM
My head says "...Neil Lennon's man....", but my voice says "Alan Stubbs' man..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
10-01-2017, 05:49 PM
100% agree. Definitely Neil Lennon's man these days.

:agree: where ever possible we should support the current manager and players so it is Neil for me.

SunshineOnLeith
10-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Stubbs. In keeping with the vast majority of a capacity crowd last Friday.

Jonnyboy
10-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Stubbs' man.

Actually, I think we have :greengrin

No we haven't, my bad

Johnny McLeod played there for an army select against a Morrocan team

pacoluna
10-01-2017, 07:29 PM
The Green and White Army song is a chant with the intent to change when managers change. John McGinn is a song which shouldn't be changed, in my opinion of course. The song was made when he was starring for Alan Stubbs and will be sang in years to come. What happens if he leaves, goes down south to say Derby and comes back for a game and we sing the song? Do we change the words to Steve McLarens man just to be totally correct? No, it will be Stubbs' again.
What we going to sing we had mcginn super John mcginn
He was Allan Stubbsy's man
He used to be better than Zidane.

What nonsense haha

O'Rourke3
10-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Time's change but lyrics don't. ASAIK we don't start any song with "We hate The Glasgow Rangers..." They may have gone but we still use the original.....

Stubbs!

Jonnyboy
10-01-2017, 07:33 PM
We'd best stop singing "We're Turnbull's Tornadoes" then as we aren't any longer :wink:

jacomo
10-01-2017, 07:36 PM

It baffles you??

What's wrong wi signing Stubbs' name? He's going to be remembered for a long time by this club, and rightly so.

Lennon can earn his own f***ing line in another song!

Glory Lurker
10-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Actually, I think we have :greengrin

No we haven't, my bad

Johnny McLeod played there for an army select against a Morrocan team

And was it in the south? :greengrin

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 07:51 PM
People are actually getting all hot and bothered about what words others use in the middle of a song, when you can barely even make those words out... For me it's Alan Stubbs but that's just because it's what my head has been programmed to sing, it just goes as far as I'm concerned.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-01-2017, 07:56 PM
People are actually getting all hot and bothered about what words others use in the middle of a song, when you can barely even make those words out... For me it's Alan Stubbs but that's just because it's what my head has been programmed to sing, it just goes as far as I'm concerned.

Haha pretty much my views. Was chuckling away reading the comments on this thread!

I actually thought the song was on fast forward on Friday. I'm no rapper and keeping up with the song had me reaching for my inhaler after a couple of renditions

Oh and he's Alan Stubbs' man imo but what happens if NL takes him on to the next level and makes him even better. Would he still be Alan Stubbs' man? The mind boggles

pacoluna
10-01-2017, 08:06 PM
It baffles you??

What's wrong wi signing Stubbs' name? He's going to be remembered for a long time by this club, and rightly so.

I will sing he's Neil Lennon's man, the reason? Because he currently is. Simple really

northstandhibby
10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
We'd best stop singing "We're Turnbull's Tornadoes" then as we aren't any longer :wink:

I've been calling for this amazing song to be re-instated or even given an update of some sort as it's a brilliant anthem like tune. It's my favorite hibs song although SOL is actually the best tbf especially when there's thousands of us singing it in harmony.

Glory Glory

Diclonius
10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
It baffles you??

He'll retain the Scottish Cup this season, I can wait.

Jonnyboy
10-01-2017, 08:14 PM
And was it in the south? :greengrin

Pass :greengrin

Carheenlea
10-01-2017, 08:22 PM
In 10 years time, when we are blasting this out at 10.30am in The Roseburn before a derby, it's going to be Alan Stubbs is it not?

:party:

Pretty Boy
10-01-2017, 08:24 PM
What about he's hibs's talisman

That's what a few guys around me were singing on Friday. I quite like it.

Johnny Clash
11-01-2017, 07:00 AM

I agree. It would be like us stil singing 'Alan Stubbs's green and white army'!

Neil Lennon's now our manager and hearing his name getting sung is bound to give a wee boost to our current manager.

John McGinn, like all other Hibs players, IS Neil Lennon's man!!

sleeping giant
11-01-2017, 07:02 AM
In 10 years time, when we are blasting this out at 10.30am in The Roseburn before a derby, it's going to be Alan Stubbs is it not?

:party:

Yip :agree:

It will always be Alan Stubbs for me.

He is better than Zidane though

Johnny Clash
11-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Each to their own but for me it makes sense giving a moral boost to our current manager and players rather than previous ones. As much as I thought Stokesy was a legend in the Cup Final, I prefer to revert back to the Keatings On Fire lyrics now.

danhibees1875
11-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Each to their own but for me it makes sense giving a moral boost to our current manager and players rather than previous ones. As much as I thought Stokesy was a legend in the Cup Final, I prefer to revert back to the Keatings On Fire lyrics now.

While we're on songs, is it keatings on fire again? I feel there was a mix of Keatings, stokesy, and Jason at the end of the united game.

wearethehibs
11-01-2017, 09:34 AM
people wanting to change a song cause our legend manager is no longer at the club.

What will we change Glory to the Hibees to then?
Gray
Cummings
Hanlon
Fontaine
Holt.

Gee the ball to Cummings.

Stubbsy for me!

WeeRussell
11-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Stubbsy's

Can argue about it as much as we want on here - it will remain Stubbs as long as our crowds are singing it.

Ilovehibs
11-01-2017, 12:24 PM
people wanting to change a song cause our legend manager is no longer at the club.

Gray
Cummings
Hanlon
Fontaine
Holt.

Stubbsy for me!

100% right. Stubbsy for me too.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Gray
Cummings
Hanlon
Fontaine
Holt.

Stubbsy for me!

Boom. Case closed!

My_Wife_Camille
11-01-2017, 12:35 PM
How many times have we beaten Rangers 6-2?

Billychaotic182
11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Think we need to add a poll to this.

Allan Stubbs man for me

pacoluna
11-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Stubbsy's

Can argue about it as much as we want on here - it will remain Stubbs as long as our crowds are singing it.

Our croud aren't all singing it though, it's mixed

guthrie01
11-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Our croud aren't all singing it though, it's mixed

The vast majority where singing Stubbsy's man at the DU game though, and shown further by the majority on this thread. It's the usual suspects trying to diminish Stubbs imo, but if they they want to sing about him being Lennon's man then go ahead but the song started and will forever remain Stubbsy's man.

Steve20
11-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Alan Stubbs.

Johnny Clash
11-01-2017, 03:40 PM
The vast majority where singing Stubbsy's man at the DU game though, and shown further by the majority on this thread. It's the usual suspects trying to diminish Stubbs imo, but if they they want to sing about him being Lennon's man then go ahead but the song started and will forever remain Stubbsy's man.

I'm just delighted the more hibs fans that sing at the games.

The question asked was decent in the circumstances and there's clearly a split opinion which is fine. It's got nowt to do with disrespecting Stubbsy anymore than not singing the 'Paddy Stanton Down the Wing' song disrespects Pat. The Stanton legend no longer plays for us that's why!

I mean I really loved singing the Jimmy Boco song in the shed (especially v the Currant Buns) but if we replaced Boco's name with Cummings My choice would be to sing about a current Hibs player. That's all there is to it for me - no disrespect to big Jimmy Boco either.