PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVES - PERSONAL STATEMENTS DUE

RSS Bot
09-01-2017, 04:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7147)

Carheenlea
09-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Is anyone from this forum standing? Also, does anyone know if Frank or Amit are seeking re-election?
Haven't really seen much talk so far about the forthcoming election of fans representatives.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Is anyone from this forum standing? Also, does anyone know if Frank or Amit are seeking re-election?
Haven't really seen much talk so far about the forthcoming election of fans representatives.
I'm guessing that we won't know any of that until the candidates are announced.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Eaststand
09-01-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm guessing that we won't know any of that until the candidates are announced.

My vote will be going to the supporters rep who convinces me that they will use online forums such as this one and the Bounce to communicate with the support. I don't expect them to be online every day, but i would expect a weekly or fortnightly summary of what's going on behind the scenes with the topics that affect us all. I voted for Amit last time and I would do that again, if he promises to communicate with the support a bit better. Anything else is just doesn't work for me

GGTTH

Amit
09-01-2017, 07:56 PM
My vote will be going to the supporters rep who convinces me that they will use online forums such as this one and the bounce to communicate with the support. I don't expect them to be online every day, but i would expect a weekly or fortnightly summary of what's going on behind the scenes with the topics that affect us all. I voted for Amit last time and I would do that again, if he promises to communicate with the support a bit better. Anything else is just doesn't work for me

GGTTH

Hey,

We've tried and tested a few things over the last 20 months or so and there are definitely methods and approaches that'll help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of communication (both online and offline).

However, I'm sure each candidate will have their own idea of what they believe is the best approach or method.

GGTTH

Amit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_nation
09-01-2017, 08:17 PM
To be honest i can't think of one time where concerns raised on here were picked up by the fans reps and discussed and resolved to our satisfaction. Quite happy to be shot down and I'm sure they have put the hours in but it just doesn't seem if we the fans have a real voice on the board.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 08:26 PM
To be honest i can't think of one time where concerns raised on here were picked up by the fans reps and discussed and resolved to our satisfaction. Quite happy to be shot down and I'm sure they have put the hours in but it just doesn't seem if we the fans have a real voice on the board.

I tend to agree, I was very interested to see how it would work and how much communication there would be and whether any regular issues would be dealt with through this channel. I now realise that that was never going to be the case and the position or whoever becomes elected is of little interest or use to me now. Good on the two guys for all the time and effort they have spent over the last couple of years, whether they have actually achieved anything that wouldn't have happened without them I really don't know.

PatHead
09-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Are you standing this time Amit?

Hey,

We've tried and tested a few things over the last 20 months or so and there are definitely methods and approaches that'll help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of communication (both online and offline).

However, I'm sure each candidate will have their own idea of what they believe is the best approach or method.

GGTTH

Amit

Pretty Boy
09-01-2017, 08:49 PM
I think both Amit and Frank have done good work in various areas.

I would probably question whether this is work that could be categorised as that of a 'supporters representative' though. How has their role differed from the other Hibs supporters who were already on the board? I think part of the problem is/was they are still bound by the same terms of confidentiality as everyone else on the board so perhaps couldn't report back as fully as some expected.

There wasn't a huge turnout with regards to voting last time and I don't see that changing this time. I doubt I'll vote this time.

Eaststand
09-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Hey,

GGTTH

Amit

Im sure you do a lot of unseen work, and you get my respect for that. So as I've said Amit, if you're standing for re election and the communication improves I'll vote for you again

GGTTH

lord bunberry
09-01-2017, 09:27 PM
I tend to agree, I was very interested to see how it would work and how much communication there would be and whether any regular issues would be dealt with through this channel. I now realise that that was never going to be the case and the position or whoever becomes elected is of little interest or use to me now. Good on the two guys for all the time and effort they have spent over the last couple of years, whether they have actually achieved anything that wouldn't have happened without them I really don't know.
That's how I see it as well. They may be good directors and bring plenty to the table, but I don't feel they're representing the support in the way I thought they would. Seems like a box ticking exercise to me.

ihibs7
09-01-2017, 09:31 PM
I think Frank & Amit have done some sterling work, but I'm still bitterly disappointed and not a little bit stunned at the inaction regarding our last visit to Ibrox.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Club reps not fans reps in my opinion.

lucky
09-01-2017, 09:49 PM
They are not fans reps but two non executive directors elected by supporters. They carry the same responsibilities as other non executive directors.

Marco G
09-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Club reps not fans reps in my opinion.
But they are representing all us fans. I think this has been a great thing for the club to do, and the fact is they are voted on by the fans, and from what I see have put a heck of a lot into it and have a real input in the direction our club is going.

So I really dont understand when you say they are club reps and not fans reps. Every fan has a different opinion so there is no way they can convey all of that on the board to all of our satisfaction. Surely the point that matters is that they are fans, on the board, and were elected by the fans?

Andy74
09-01-2017, 09:53 PM
They are not fans reps but two non executive directors elected by supporters. They carry the same responsibilities as other non executive directors.

They do but boards are a mix of skills and experience. The reason they are in role is to represent the fans. They were voted for on that basis.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 10:00 PM
But they are representing all us fans. I think this has been a great thing for the club to do, and the fact is they are voted on by the fans, and from what I see have put a heck of a lot into it and have a real input in the direction our club is going.

So I really dont understand when you say they are club reps and not fans reps. Every fan has a different opinion so there is no way they can convey all of that on the board to all of our satisfaction. Surely the point that matters is that they are fans, on the board, and were elected by the fans?

If someone is representing us, I would expect some regular communication and feedback on issues we have highlighted as concerns that the board should at least acknowledge.

Marco G
09-01-2017, 10:08 PM
If someone is representing us, I would expect some regular communication and feedback on issues we have highlighted as concerns that the board should at least acknowledge.
But is that not what we are getting via the regular messages from the board? They are part of the board, so the communications come from the board. I think we hear a heck of a lot more about how our club is being run than ever before.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 10:33 PM
But is that not what we are getting via the regular messages from the board? They are part of the board, so the communications come from the board. I think we hear a heck of a lot more about how our club is being run than ever before.

Yes I get that but let me use the Ibrox incident as an example of something that was raised and highlighted on here and fans reps asked to communicate our concerns. Total silence so far,not as much as a "we are dealing with it".

Anyway I totally understand that there will be differing opinions on the role so I will agree to disagree on the role and bow out.

Marco G
09-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Yes I get that but let me use the Ibrox incident as an example of something that was raised and highlighted on here and fans reps asked to communicate our concerns. Total silence so far,not as much as a "we are dealing with it".

Anyway I totally understand that there will be differing opinions on the role so I will agree to disagree on the role and bow out.
That is a fair point you are making.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2017, 10:41 PM

LD said at the AGM that she had taken over the issue.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 10:53 PM
LD said at the AGM that she had taken over the issue.

We'll there you go,I wasn't at the AGM and didn't know that. Kind of proves my point about lack of communication.

CMurdoch
09-01-2017, 10:53 PM
I think both Amit and Frank have done good work in various areas.

I would probably question whether this is work that could be categorised as that of a 'supporters representative' though. How has their role differed from the other Hibs supporters who were already on the board? I think part of the problem is/was they are still bound by the same terms of confidentiality as everyone else on the board so perhaps couldn't report back as fully as some expected.

There wasn't a huge turnout with regards to voting last time and I don't see that changing this time. I doubt I'll vote this time.

Think this post covers it for me.
The board wouldn't/couldn't accept loose canons shouting the odds and disclosing all sorts to the support about club business.
Like all businesses there is lots of politics involved and the timing and tone of all communications has to be right.
As such the supporters representative arrangement doesn't work how supporters would like it to and never will.
Hopefully it will improve as it develops but i wouldn't hold your breath.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2017, 11:06 AM

I have heard absolutely nothing from dougan either on here or through any other kind of media on how he is representing the fans. Amit has had the odd post on here and the bounce telling us how he's listening and will take various suggestions to the club.

Answers are at a premium if any at all that i can remember.

Both have been seen out and about representing the board in promotions and the likes, xmas dinners and all that come to mind.

Neither in my opinion have been very good at communications with the fans, and thats why i say club reps not fans reps.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2017, 11:33 AM
I have heard absolutely nothing from dougan either on here or through any other kind of media on how he is representing the fans. Amit has had the odd post on here and the bounce telling us how he's listening and will take various suggestions to the club.

Answers are at a premium if any at all that i can remember.

Both have been seen out and about representing the board in promotions and the likes, xmas dinners and all that come to mind.

Neither in my opinion have been very good at communications with the fans, and thats why i say club reps not fans reps.

I tend to agree with this, which is about the reverse of what I felt when the experiment started. I fully appreciate that there are matters where a director (exec or non exec) can't go public because of their overriding obligation to the company and their personal liabilities however as you say the roles seem to have become board representatives at fan events rather than fans on the board representing the fans views to the board.

To be honest if the HSA could continue to improve relations with the club then maybe that's part of the way forward even if not everyone is an HSA member - dunno?

Interesting times when we get a meaningful and influencing share of the club into Fans / HSL hands.

Forza Fred
10-01-2017, 01:27 PM
I think Frank & Amit have done some sterling work, but I'm still bitterly disappointed and not a little bit stunned at the inaction regarding our last visit to Ibrox.

My sentiments too on the subject of the Brondby tv cancellation fiasco.

In fact I had to email one rep twice to get any kind of acknowledgement...got an acknowledgement, but never got a response though.
In the end I emailed Leann direct and got a response, so I can only say that my only request for them to actually do something was not a positive experience for me, and therefore makes me wonder if they are anything other than an additional resource for the club, carrying out tasks other directors prefer not to do. (eg attending funerals etc)
In their defence, probably both them AND the club have benefited from the 'first time' syndrome and will maybe be a bit more expansive on what the expectations are of them.

I agree though, anyone who fills the role MUST provide regular on line updates...the communication has, unfortunately, been abysmal, and quite why this has been the case, I do not know.