Hibbyradge
08-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Should be fun.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Only if Scott Wilson announces it

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Hee hee! The seethe will be strong on KB.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Should be fun.

That wold be sweet, there would be a meltdown on sickback if that happens. :faf:

Canon Hannan
08-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Might need to go now 🇳🇬☘🇳🇬☘🇳🇬☘🇳🇬🙏😂

Glory Lurker
08-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Make. This. Happen.

Libby Hibby
08-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Why not? As holders the cup should go everywhere with us...and can you imagine the seethe from the gorgie mob? The ultimate opportunity to rub it in

lyonhibs
08-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Do this absolutely only after we've won the game.

We've been here before...

hibbysam
08-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Parading the cup, that we won last year, before our first game of the defence? I certainly haven't been there before that's for sure.

Hi Heid Yin
08-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Parading the Big Cup at Tynecastle gets my blessing!:greengrin

Sir David Gray
08-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Is this actually happening or is it just a wish?

I haven't seen this announced anywhere.

Gmack7
08-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Maybe The elusive lap of honour we were so cruelly denied at Hampden 😁

HibsNutter
08-01-2017, 03:31 PM

You don't have faith in us to beat Bonnyrigg? Jesus

hfc rd
08-01-2017, 03:32 PM
That will be brilliant! The seethe on the yams' face will be an absolute proper picture that will make them really sick!

LithgaeHibby
08-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Monday 9 January sees a sudden return of 4000 Bonnyrigg Rose tickets to the Tynecastle ticket office.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Is this actually happening or is it just a wish?

I haven't seen this announced anywhere.

Wind up

Sir David Gray
08-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Wind up

Thought so.

Pity.

LithgaeHibby
08-01-2017, 03:40 PM
A good one though. Think folk will have enough trouble getting tickets tomorrow morning as it is!

Elephant Stone
08-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Parading the Big Cup at Tynecastle gets my blessing!:greengrin

Can we not leave that big cup/wee cup nonsense to those size-insecure, unable to win the League Cup gimps from over the way?

Scottish Cup:

http://e2.365dm.com/16/05/16-9/20/alan-stubbs-trophy-celeb-hampden-scottish-cup-final-hibernian-rangers_3470836.jpg?20160521182753

League Cup:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000K7cSVMh0xTE/s/750/600/CISFINALUniversal07.jpg

:greengrin

Pete
08-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Can we not leave that big cup/wee cup nonsense to those size-insecure, unable to win the League Cup gimps from over the way?

Scottish Cup:

http://e2.365dm.com/16/05/16-9/20/alan-stubbs-trophy-celeb-hampden-scottish-cup-final-hibernian-rangers_3470836.jpg?20160521182753

League Cup:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000K7cSVMh0xTE/s/750/600/CISFINALUniversal07.jpg

:agree:

They're both "big cups" and insinuating that the league cup is "wee", even in jest, is disrespectful to the greats who have lifted it previously.

I think we should display them both.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2017, 03:49 PM

They're both "big cups" and insinuating that the league cup is "wee", even in jest, is disrespectful to the greats who have lifted it previously.

I think we should display them both.

If nothing else it would be nice for the Hearts fans without their free bus pass to see what the league cup looks like...

Hibbyradge
08-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Thought so.

Pity.

Wait and see 😉

08-01-2017, 03:59 PM

Scottish Cup:

League Cup:

Agreed, the whole "big cup, wee cup" pish is so yammish and part of their obsession about being "the big team" and to try and excuse the fact that they have failed for nearly 60 years to win it. They came up with that guff to try and belittle us winning it in 2007. Just more Yam nonsense in their "big team" delusion.

Notice that when hibs won it it was all "awck just a wee cup, we're far too big to care about that, just for the diddy teams etc" but when they made the final in 2013 it suddenly became a big deal and we were the wee team for not making the final. Even this season, the moment hibs got knocked out and hearts were still in we had Neilson come out in the papers giving it "the league cup is a priority this season, we want to win it etc". Once again, anything just to get one over on hibs. Surprise surprise it went back to being "just a diddy cup that we don't care about" once they themselves got knocked out.

They really are beyond pathetic.

Since90+2
08-01-2017, 04:03 PM
To be fair Hear7ts contributed to us winning it with the bottle job at Tynecastle so it's only fair to let some of them have a wee glimpse of it with the green ribbons on.

The seethe from them will be worth the ticket price alone :thumbsup:.

08-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Parading the cup at tynecastle would be a good GIRUY and it would sicken the yams even more parading it on their own patch. You can bet your bottom doller that they would do that at ER if the roles were reversed!

Broken Gnome
08-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Course it's on parade at Tynecastle. It's part of the furniture there. Do Hearts not do that every year when they win it? Can't exactly be a big thing that we bring it along, given the special relationship and all that? Surely?

BullsCloseHibs
08-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Hope Scott Wilson gets to do the match-day DJ-ing 😊😆♫♬♪

How does it go "make some noise for the Scottish Cup holders" 😉

BullsCloseHibs
08-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Agreed, the whole "big cup, wee cup" pish is so yammish and part of their obsession about being "the big team" and to try and excuse the fact that they have failed for nearly 60 years to win it. They came up with that guff to try and belittle us winning it in 2007. Just more Yam nonsense in their "big team" delusion.

Notice that when hibs won it it was all "awck just a wee cup, we're far too big to care about that, just for the diddy teams etc" but when they made the final in 2013 it suddenly became a big deal and we were the wee team for not making the final. Even this season, the moment hibs got knocked out and hearts were still in we had Neilson come out in the papers giving it "the league cup is a priority this season, we want to win it etc". Once again, anything just to get one over on hibs. Surprise surprise it went back to being "just a diddy cup that we don't care about" once they themselves got knocked out.

They really are beyond pathetic.

The wee team won the big cup fae the wee league 😴

SteveHFC
08-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Hopefully this happens.

The amount of seething it will cause amongst the heattsbsupport would be wonderful.

CentreLine
08-01-2017, 05:36 PM
C'mon Hibs. Let's get this done. Ultimate windup of our neighbours. Hadn't thought of it previously but now really really want to see this happen.

snooky
08-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Should be fun.

FFS, that's really scraping the barrel ...................................... not. :cup::partyhibb

emerald green
08-01-2017, 05:44 PM
If ever The Rose needed any further motivation to do well against Hibs, this would be it. Especially for those several players in their team who support Hearts. If any such nonsense does happen, make sure it's after the game and we've won.

I remember not so long ago Auchinleck Talbot were robbed in a cup tie at Tynecastle.

BullsCloseHibs
08-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Don't think there's much they can do either if / when we produce the silverware on their halowed rotten turf 😆

BullsCloseHibs
08-01-2017, 05:46 PM
If ever The Rose needed any further motivation to do well against Hibs, this would be it. Especially for those several players in their team who support Hearts. If any such nonsense does happen, make sure it's after the game and we've won.

I remember not so long ago Auchinleck Talbot were robbed in a cup tie at Tynecastle.

Hibs will destroy them. Absolutely.

emerald green
08-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Hibs will destroy them. Absolutely.

That's what I want to see. What I don't want to see is our club giving its opponents (whoever they are) any unnecessary motivation, or worse still under estimating them.

The Rose beat Dumbarton away in the last round. Dumbarton - a team which defeated Hibs not so long ago, and beat Dundee United only last week.

GREEN WARLORD
08-01-2017, 06:01 PM
We should bring it out with ten minutes to go. Failing that, do the half time draw (if there is one) out of the cup with Scott Wilson choking on his mince, as he announces the winner. :greengrin

Kavinho
08-01-2017, 06:04 PM
That's what I want to see. What I don't want to see is our club giving its opponents (whoever they are) any unnecessary motivation, or worse still under estimating them.

The Rose beat Dumbarton away in the last round. Dumbarton - a team which defeated Hibs not so long ago, and beat Dundee United only last week.

I don't think walking out as defending champions is giving then any unnecessary motivation..
they'll be as motivated as they can be for this game.

If anything sight of the cup would be a reward for the achievement of them getting this far.

Perfectly acceptable.
If this was a home tie, we'd surely bring it out, no?

emerald green
08-01-2017, 06:12 PM
I don't think walking out as defending champions is giving then any unnecessary motivation..
they'll be as motivated as they can be for this game.

If anything sight of the cup would be a reward for the achievement of them getting this far.

Perfectly acceptable.
If this was a home tie, we'd surely bring it out, no?

The bit in bold - I'm not sure mate. It's been a while since the last time. :wink:

But seriously, I honestly don't know what previous years cup winners have done, if anything?

Jack Hackett
08-01-2017, 06:17 PM

jacomo
08-01-2017, 06:18 PM

If ever our team needed any further motivation, it would be a reminder that we are the cup holders and defence of our win starts at Tynecastle.

Why shouldn't we show it off? Let's enjoy the fact we are the holders.

snooky
08-01-2017, 06:20 PM

With you all the way on this one, EG. Despite my light-hearted jibe earlier, best not to be too cocky before any tie no matter who the other team is. We shouldn't be giving any opposition motivation - and that's all this does.

emerald green
08-01-2017, 06:30 PM
If ever our team needed any further motivation, it would be a reminder that we are the cup holders and defence of our win starts at Tynecastle.

Why shouldn't we show it off? Let's enjoy the fact we are the holders.

Why shouldn't we show it off? For the reasons I've already stated above. Plus, we've been showing it off since we won it. Rightly so.

We've been enjoying the fact that we are holders since 21/05/2016. It's now time to concentrate on the defence of our trophy IMO.

What do you mean "it would be a reminder that we are the cup holders"? Seriously? Does any Hibs player need a reminder? Or any further motivation?

My point is not to give our opponents any further motivation.

emerald green
08-01-2017, 06:32 PM
With you all the way on this one, EG. Despite my light-hearted jibe earlier, best not to be too cocky before any tie no matter who the other team is. We shouldn't be giving any opposition motivation - and that's all this does.

Andy74
08-01-2017, 06:42 PM

If we lose to Bonnyrigg Rise it won't be because they git a wee bit motivation from seeing the cup. What nonsense.

emerald green
08-01-2017, 06:50 PM
If we lose to Bonnyrigg Rise it won't be because they git a wee bit motivation from seeing the cup. What nonsense.

Who says the Rose will only get "a wee bit motivation" from seeing the cup?

This is a cup tie against a local team with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hibs shouldn't give any additional motivation to any opponents. Be professional, respect your opponents (but not too much) then go out and destroy them.

Mr White
08-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Would it be any different to league champions unfurling the flag at their first home game of the season?

It's our first Scottish cup tie since we won it. Why not milk it as much as possible. Nobody alive has seen Hibs play a tie as holders of this competition so get the cup out there at that midden and grab an opportunity to stick it right up those arrogant deluded ****ers.

Andy74
08-01-2017, 07:04 PM

This is a cup tie against a local team with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hibs shouldn't give any additional motivation to any opponents. Be professional, respect your opponents (but not too much) then go out and destroy them.

You think this one thing would take them to the level of being a team that can beat us?

They might and if they do parading a cup would be the least of the issues that would have been at play.

hibbysam
08-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Bringing out the cup will make a team more determined to beat us?? I have not heard so much rubbish in my life. It's not going to be David Gray doing a lap of the pitch with it beforehand as the rest of the team stroll about getting pictures taken with it.

Why would seeing a cup be giving a team more motivation? They already know we are the cup holders, not bringing the trophy isn't going to make them forget.

Next year, if we go to Celtic on the opening day and the unfurl the flag, is it going to make our boys more determined to beat them because they done so? Naw.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Next year, if we go to Celtic on the opening day and the unfurl the flag, is it going to make our boys more determined to beat them because they done so? Naw.
Mibbe not comparable, as we'll have a flag to unfurl that day as well.

hibbysam
08-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Mibbe not comparable, as we'll have a flag to unfurl that day as well.

Not if we're away to Celtic we won't.

FranckSuzy
08-01-2017, 07:45 PM
The cup has already been to the Heart of Midlothian :faf:

lapsedhibee
08-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Not if we're away to Celtic we won't.

Should though. Big cousins-wee cousins joint effort likes. Maybe never happened before that two league champions have played each other in the first fixture. Can always furl it up again ready for the more traditional unfurling at the first home game. Or do the fixture list people always give champs a home game first? :dunno:

hibbysam
08-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Should though. Big cousins-wee cousins joint effort likes. Maybe never happened before that two league champions have played each other in the first fixture. Can always furl it up again ready for the more traditional unfurling at the first home game. Or do the fixture list people always give champs a home game first? :dunno:

They normally do, until this year they had rangers at home and Celtic away.

emerald green
09-01-2017, 01:28 PM
You think this one thing would take them to the level of being a team that can beat us?

They might and if they do parading a cup would be the least of the issues that would have been at play.

Where did I say that? Re-read my posts. My point is that no club should give their opposition any additional motivation.

I don't think The Rose will beat Hibs, though they have already beaten a team which plays in the same league.

Hibs need to treat this match very seriously, and not under estimate them.

Bringing out the cup will make a team more determined to beat us?? I have not heard so much rubbish in my life. It's not going to be David Gray doing a lap of the pitch with it beforehand as the rest of the team stroll about getting pictures taken with it.

Why would seeing a cup be giving a team more motivation? They already know we are the cup holders, not bringing the trophy isn't going to make them forget.

In my experience, yes it will. Motivation plays a very big part in any team performance. A well motivated team always plays better than one lacking in motivation. That's been my experience of both playing and watching football.

All I'm saying is it's best not to give them any additional motivation. They will as you say be motivated enough.

I just don't think it's a good idea.

Clearly you and the poster above disagree, but there you go. Just my opinion FWIW.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Hibs just need to ask Bonnyrigg if they had any objections.

They won't have, but that courtesy and respect would reduce any possible "motivation factor".

RoxburghHibs
09-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Alan Stubbs walking onto the pitch with the cup at H/T would be fantastic. Players will be getting team talks in the ****ty wee dressing rooms so won't effect them in anyway.

heretoday
09-01-2017, 02:26 PM
What a crass idea.

Not Hibs class at all.

And most unwise, given what happened when we paraded the CIS cup after a derby defeat.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Crass idea? Seems like a great idea to me.

greenlex
09-01-2017, 03:45 PM
What a crass idea.

Not Hibs class at all.

And most unwise, given what happened when we paraded the CIS cup after a derby defeat.
What happened?

JimBHibees
09-01-2017, 04:11 PM
What happened?

Knowing we were going to parade the cup after the game made Andy McNeil drop a cross.:greengrin

southsider
09-01-2017, 04:17 PM

Let the girls team do it. They can parade both Scottish Cups.

givescotlandfreedom
09-01-2017, 04:27 PM
We're not even at home. Seems like the sort of thing Hearts would do to be honest.

Andy74
09-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Do we imagine it might be a surprise to Bonnyrigg that we won the cup and have the trophy?

stantonhibby
09-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Do we imagine it might be a surprise to Bonnyrigg that we won the cup and have the trophy?

Obviously not but that's not quite the same as parading the trophy at an away game.

hibbysam
09-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Obviously not but that's not quite the same as parading the trophy at an away game.

Guess you had issues when we paraded it at Meadownbank pre season also? This being an away game with an 'away' crowd bigger than the home one, at a neutral ground...

Some sensitive souls on here. If we lose it will be far more than because we paraded the trophy at half time or before the game when no players will see it.

Pete
09-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Seriously, if this were to even be discussed within the walls of Easter Road then I'm sure Lennon would nip it in the bud.

He's a total professional and wouldn't want any distractions or any additional motivation for the oppositon, no matter who they are.

Andy74
09-01-2017, 05:14 PM

I wasn't really picturing laps of honour and fireworks, more the cup being brought out with the teams for our first defence of it. The chance to walk the cup out at Tynecastle is too great to pass up I reckon.

Andy74
09-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Seriously, if this were to even be discussed within the walls of Easter Road then I'm sure Lennon would nip it in the bud.

He's a total professional and wouldn't want any distractions or any additional motivation for the oppositon, no matter who they are.

So he cancelled the flag unfurlings when he was at Celtic I presume?

Pete
09-01-2017, 05:16 PM
So he cancelled the flag unfurlings when he was at Celtic I presume?

I don't remember Celtic unfurling flags at other teams grounds.

Andy74
09-01-2017, 05:21 PM
I don't remember Celtic unfurling flags at other teams grounds.

Was the ground in question your point?

You seemed to be suggesting it was more a case of being a distraction , unprofessional and motivating for the opposition. I can only assume Lennon didn't share that view when the flags were being unfurled.

Alex Trager
09-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Jeese-Louise. The way some threads go...

Mental at times

houstonhibbee
09-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Guess you had issues when we paraded it at Meadownbank pre season also? This being an away game with an 'away' crowd bigger than the home one, at a neutral ground...

Some sensitive souls on here. If we lose it will be far more than because we paraded the trophy at half time or before the game when no players will see it.
are you planning on running on the pitch again?

2016 Delivered
09-01-2017, 05:35 PM
I can't see it being allowed. Hertz didn't do it before we knocked them out in their first defence but I suppose we were tennants, Bonnyrigg are for the day too and not our pink pals. If they agree and advertise it will mean more on the gate hibs end and more cash for the rose.

2016 Delivered
09-01-2017, 05:37 PM
We're not even at home. Seems like the sort of thing Hearts would do to be honest.

They would do it 100% at Starks Park for the love in coming up, if...they didn't bottle it BIG time.

Pete
09-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Was the ground in question your point?

You seemed to be suggesting it was more a case of being a distraction , unprofessional and motivating for the opposition. I can only assume Lennon didn't share that view when the flags were being unfurled.

The ground is part of it.

This is their home tie and we are guests. Would we talk about parading the cup if we were drawn away at Dundee or Raith? As a fan I'd have no problem if this were at ER as we are the hosts but I'd understand if Lennon took the view that it would be a distraction.

There are similarities to unfurling a league flag but it's not the same. That is a traditional ceremony that's performed at your home ground every year and is nothing out of the ordinary. Parading a cup during your first defence, especially away from home, most certainly is as far as I'm aware.

Who knows, the opposition might get a boost at these flag unfurlings but the consequences of them overperforming would be less severe for the unfurlers. Leagues aren't lost in 90 minutes but you can be put out of cups.

emerald green
09-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Jeese-Louise. The way some threads go...

Mental at times

And what's your point caller? It's a fans forum. We're just having a debate. Sorry if that doesn't meet with your approval. :rolleyes:

Pete
09-01-2017, 05:48 PM
And what's your point caller? It's a fans forum. We're just having a debate. Sorry if that doesn't meet with your approval. :rolleyes:

Indeed. A thread about Hibs displaying the cup where two opposing sides are discussing the merits of Hibs displaying the cup in a civilised fashion.

Or are there posts about away season tickets or Holt on this thread that I've missed? :dunno:

Mr_F
09-01-2017, 05:52 PM
If we don't do it now I'll be raging. Already typed my letter to LD and saved it in drafts

emerald green
09-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Indeed. A thread about Hibs displaying the cup where two opposing sides are discussing the merits of Hibs displaying the cup in a civilised fashion.

Or are there posts about away season tickets or Holt on this thread that I've missed? :dunno:

:agree: :aok:

stantonhibby
09-01-2017, 06:01 PM
I wasn't really picturing laps of honour and fireworks, more the cup being brought out with the teams for our first defence of it. The chance to walk the cup out at Tynecastle is too great to pass up I reckon.

I can't recall any team ever doing this having won the cup. All seems a bit petty and pointless really.....Sort of thing Hearts would do. Each to their own I suppose.

HibbyAndy
09-01-2017, 06:04 PM
The ground is part of it.

This is their home tie and we are guests. Would we talk about parading the cup if we were drawn away at Dundee or Raith? As a fan I'd have no problem if this were at ER as we are the hosts but I'd understand if Lennon took the view that it would be a distraction.

There are similarities to unfurling a league flag but it's not the same. That is a traditional ceremony that's performed at your home ground every year and is nothing out of the ordinary. Parading a cup during your first defence, especially away from home, most certainly is as far as I'm aware.

Who knows, the opposition might get a boost at these flag unfurlings but the consequences of them overperforming would be less severe for the unfurlers. Leagues aren't lost in 90 minutes but you can be put out of cups.

Peter a love you to bits but i keep hearing posters on here referring to Bonnyrigg rose getting motivation, a boost, Gee them up etc.. Deary me FFS if we cannae beat Bonnyrigg ****ing rose we may as well give it up now..I couldnae give a flying **** if it motivates them 1 million percent or not, The day we start worrying about giving a junior team a boost is the day i'l hang up my season ticket.

Bonnyrigg rose deary , dearie me.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Would be a giggle like... :tee hee:

Incidentally, every time that trumpet Scott Wilson opens his trap he should be roundly silenced by "2 nil and yous @@@@@@ it up!"

PISTOL1875
09-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Perhaps bonnyrigg could give us a guard of honour ???

Brooster
09-01-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure its the right thing to but.......LETS DO IT.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Was at the home of golf today so don't see why it can't now visit the home of Rolf :wink:

BoomtownHibees
09-01-2017, 06:32 PM
I can't recall any team ever doing this having won the cup. All seems a bit petty and pointless really.....Sort of thing Hearts would do. Each to their own I suppose.

If only they had won it instead of us eh

stantonhibby
09-01-2017, 06:35 PM
If only they had won it instead of us eh

Great response.... Probably the stupidest post ever.

BroxburnHibee
09-01-2017, 06:43 PM
What happened?

Think he's referring to us losing then their fans staging their wee sit-in.

That all happened before they paraded the cup though.

hibbysam
09-01-2017, 06:55 PM
are you planning on running on the pitch again?

What nonsense are you spouting now? Pitch invasion? Aye ok.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Was at the home of golf today so don't see why it can't now visit the home of Rolf :wink:

Scotty Wilson, 17931 "can you see what it is yet...?"

BoomtownHibees
09-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Great response.... Probably the stupidest post ever.

Says the guy moaning about Hibs having the chance to bring the trophy out at the home of our rivals

stantonhibby
09-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Says the guy moaning about Hibs having the chance to bring the trophy out at the home of our rivals

Moaning? It's called an opinion and as far as I know different ones are allowed on here. Perfectly reasonable debate on both sides until your arsey comment.

Glory Lurker
09-01-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't think the team should bring the trophy with them when they come on to the park. I think it should be brought in to the stadium on the Scottish Cup hot air balloon, piloted by Albert Kidd.

Andy74
09-01-2017, 07:35 PM
I don't think the team should bring the trophy with them when they come on to the park. I think it should be brought in to the stadium on the Scottish Cup hot air balloon, piloted by Albert Kidd.

I'd settle for that compromise.

northstandhibby
09-01-2017, 07:36 PM

Agree with this. What a fantastic idea. If I can't get a ticket I would very much hope pictures of it were posted on here to allow us all to see it if it was to happen of course. Also a chance to rub the Yams noses into it.

Great idea. Hope it happens.

Glory Glory

I'm_cabbaged
09-01-2017, 07:36 PM

😂

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Not for me, we are the holders and everyone knows we are. Why we would want to parade the cup is beyond me.
Each to their own.

heretoday
09-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Think he's referring to us losing then their fans staging their wee sit-in.

That all happened before they paraded the cup though.

Still spoilt the party though.

Seriously, I think we should behave like winning the cup is something we do because we're a big club not something that we do every hundred years or so.

Andy74
09-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Not for me, we are the holders and everyone knows we are. Why we would want to parade the cup is beyond me.
Each to their own.

Yes but we've one chance to have the cup in Hibs hands at Tynecastle. Whatever way it happens we should look to get something sorted.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-01-2017, 08:44 PM
They would do it, given the opportunity.

Dunno if that is an argument for or against mind.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Yes but we've one chance to have the cup in Hibs hands at Tynecastle. Whatever way it happens we should look to get something sorted.

Means nothing to me, we beat them on the way to winning the cup. This desire to parade it at Tynecastle seems petty to me. It's something I would expect them to come up with. The cup should never be seen at Tynecastle unless they win it.

greenlex
09-01-2017, 09:00 PM
See what you've started Radge!!!!!!

Leithenhibby
10-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Each to their own.

Perhaps just a team photo in private, in the dressing room :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2017, 02:59 AM
Not giving Rangers a lap of honour sure gave them a boost...2-0 Hibs after 20 minutes wasn't it? Pumped them a month later in the cup final as well.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Would it be any different to league champions unfurling the flag at their first home game of the season?

It's our first Scottish cup tie since we won it. Why not milk it as much as possible. Nobody alive has seen Hibs play a tie as holders of this competition so get the cup out there at that midden and grab an opportunity to stick it right up those arrogant deluded ****ers.

Correct.

kaimendhibs
10-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Each to thier own but not for me thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brightside
10-01-2017, 07:28 AM
I think we've already kicked the arse out of the scottish cup tbh. All i want is promotion.

NZ Green
10-01-2017, 12:32 PM
I'm undecided - on the one hand, it is pretty petty and probably asking for a swift knock out. On the other hand, its hilarious.

silverhibee
10-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Will a pitch invasion take place as well.

Waxy
10-01-2017, 01:55 PM
It might be the last Scottish cup tie their old stand sees and it'll be filled with Hibees.

Canon Hannan
10-01-2017, 03:07 PM
It might be the last Scottish cup tie their old stand sees and it'll be filled with Hibees.

Imagine the pictures and images of Hibernian players lifting the Cup in Tynecastle - priceless 🙏👍

McD
10-01-2017, 09:13 PM

The old stand wont be filled with anyone

bawheid
10-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Let's parade the cup and then pump Bonnyrigg Rose 5-1. Problem solved.

Paisley Hibby
10-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Will a pitch invasion take place as well.

Best post on this thread 😂