PDA

View Full Version : Team against Bonnyrigg

Tamhere1875
08-01-2017, 12:51 PM
I wonder what sort of team Hibs will put out against Bonnyrigg in the cup, a mixed team of youngsters and first team players or will we go with the full metal jacket against them.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 12:55 PM
I wonder what sort of team Hibs will put out against Bonnyrigg in the cup, a mixed team of youngsters and first team players or will we go with the full metal jacket against them.

Strongest team possible please We are going to be up against some adrenaline fuelled players and we have to match them early doors.

Get an early couple of goals go into cruise mode and then bring on subs :greengrin

InchHibby
08-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Too many will be looking for a major upset here, strongest team possible, put this to bed early doors, then substitute key players to not only rest them but limit the chance of injuries.

Billychaotic182
08-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Personally I'd start Scott Martin and Callum Crane. This is exactly the type of game to see what Crane can bring. As mentioned that the the Bonnyrigg players will be well up for it, well I'd like to think so would Crane be. Unsure about his loan deal but I wouldn't mind seeing Oli Shaw given a shot either.

08-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Bonnyrigg Rose will be very fired up for this. They have hearts fans in their team who are absolutely relishing playing us and getting stuck in about us. No room for complacency. It would be the mother of all cup shocks if they were to win but stranger things have happened.

Get the strongest 11 starting then hopefully we can give ourselves a relatively comfertable lead and then start to take off key players.

Dibben
08-01-2017, 01:51 PM
I can see there being a few changes from Friday, but overall a strong team please!!

lucky
08-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Play our fringe players to give them game time. Fired up junior players will be no match for our second 11.

jarre1875
08-01-2017, 02:05 PM
As strong as a team as possible. This is the game everyone will want us to lose alart from hibbies obviously. Lets get them n pummel the crap out of them. Love seeing wee side get a good hammering in the cup n no i dont care about the romance of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

greenlex
08-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Play our fringe players to give them game time. Fired up junior players will be no match for our second 11.
Bonnyrigg would hold their own in league 1. Understimate them at our peril. Full side and get it done for me.

HappyAsHellas
08-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Bournemouth, Stoke, Liverpool all tried with weakened teams due mainly to a form of arrogance which imo fires up the opposition that little bit more. Strongest team out and put the tie to bed as early as possible, then make some changes.

B.H.F.C
08-01-2017, 02:41 PM
They beat a team in our league who have given us problems over the last couple of years.

Obviously we should beat them comfortably. A few changes is fine but I wouldn't be giving them all a day off. Good game for the likes of McGinn to get his sharpness back. Fyvie too, if he's back in the frame. Keatings is another who could do with some minutes.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Personally I'd start Scott Martin and Callum Crane. This is exactly the type of game to see what Crane can bring. As mentioned that the the Bonnyrigg players will be well up for it, well I'd like to think so would Crane be. Unsure about his loan deal but I wouldn't mind seeing Oli Shaw given a shot either.

Why are so many intent on wanting to give Crane a run, did you see Lewis play on Friday ? He was immense and playing where he is best.

As for Martin he is a decent prospect and did well when asked to step in, you can't seriously say he is anywhere near our first team now we have everyone back bar Fyvie.

Take no chances and get the job done.

The time to give the youngsters a run will be when we have wrapped up the League and not before.

kaimendhibs
08-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Strongest team. No shocks please for the defending holders

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibsdaft
08-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Full strength team, including the likes of Holt and Bartley for physical presence.

Keyser Sauzee
08-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Laidlaw
Crane
Fontaine
Forster
Eardley
Boyle
Fyvie
SJM
Harris
Graham
Keatings

Gives fringe players a run out and also gives SJM and Fyvie fitness. That team is easily good enough to beat Bonnyrigg rose infront of a decent crowd at Tynie

AND An E
08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
No midweek games either side of this one, so get the strongest line-up out and get this mob pumped before half-time, then bring on the likes of Martin and Crane.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Dumbarton first lads.

JimBHibees
08-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Bonnyrigg would hold their own in league 1. Understimate them at our peril. Full side and get it done for me.

Agree the fact they beat Dumbarton after 2 games who then beat United suggests strong team first up and then bring on changes if clearly ahead.

mutley
08-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Has to be a strong team. Yes I get that fringe players could do with a run out, BUT this is NOT the game to do it. Rose beat Dumbarton over 2 legs , so does that mean we can play fringe players against Dumbarton next week? HELL NO. Dismissing Bonnyrigg as a decent team has banana skin written all over it.
Get the 1st 11 on the park and IF we are comfortably winning, then think about changes.
I don't want to give anyone any ammo to have a go at us going out against a junior team the way Dumbarton did. The Yams would be creaming themselves over that plus the fact it's at Tynie and most of the Rose are Jambos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
08-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Lothian Thistle beat Bonnyrigg 3-2 in a friendly last week.

I understand that friendlies are not the same as competitive games but if a East of Scotland side (albeit a very good one at that level) can beat Bonnyrigg then the current Hibs side should be able to sweep them aside without much fuss.

Edit - They also lost 3-1 to Dundonald Bluebell (never heard of them either) in the league yesterday.

If the Hibs players anywhere near to their ability we will thump them by about 4 or 5.

offshorehibby
08-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Strongest team possible

Heisenberg
08-01-2017, 03:40 PM

I don't think they would tbh.

Agree about the team though. Strongest possible and get them and their team of Jambo loving fuds pumped (after we've dealt with Dumbarton obviously).

Pretty Boy
08-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Strongest team available.

We're very unlikely to have the same pile up off fixtures as last year so no need to rest anyone unless they have an underlying injury.

Get the job done early doors and then introduce fringe players.

shetlandhibee
08-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Why are so many intent on wanting to give Crane a run, did you see Lewis play on Friday ? He was immense and playing where he is best.

As for Martin he is a decent prospect and did well when asked to step in, you can't seriously say he is anywhere near our first team now we have everyone back bar Fyvie.

Take no chances and get the job done.

The time to give the youngsters a run will be when we have wrapped up the League and not before.
:top marks

08-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Bournemouth, Stoke, Liverpool all tried with weakened teams due mainly to a form of arrogance which imo fires up the opposition that little bit more. Strongest team out and put the tie to bed as early as possible, then make some changes.

Exactly.

Brooster
08-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Not the time or place to mess about with team selection. Treat it like a league game, get a win then move on. If we slip up in this one we are a laughing stock.

Biggie
08-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Strongest team possible.....I want another 0-7 :na na:

SaulGoodman
08-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Come on ffs I know it's normal to talk our opponents up in case of an upset but it's Bonnyrigg!

I used to play for them and I'm sheiiite

Glory Lurker
08-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Definitely! I wouldn't want us to score any more if we were 0-7 up at half time!

Jim44
08-01-2017, 04:34 PM

I understand that friendlies are not the same as competitive games but if a East of Scotland side (albeit a very good one at that level) can beat Bonnyrigg then the current Hibs side should be able to sweep them aside without much fuss.

Edit - They also lost 3-1 to Dundonald Bluebell (never heard of them either) in the league yesterday.

If the Hibs players anywhere near to their ability we will thump them by about 4 or 5.

Maybe Bonnyrigg disrespectfully put out understrength teams in these matches, saving their good players for the forthcoming big one and came a cropper. Ok, I know they probably didn't but I think we should treat them with 100% respect and play our strongest team. We really should try to blow them away and not patronise them and risk the chance of an upset. No, a major disaster.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Come on ffs I know it's normal to talk our opponents up in case of an upset but it's Bonnyrigg!

I used to play for them and I'm sheiiite

:greengrin

Since90+2
08-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Maybe Bonnyrigg disrespectfully put out understrength teams in these matches, saving their good players for the forthcoming big one and came a cropper. Ok, I know they probably didn't but I think we should treat them with 100% respect and play our strongest team. We really should try to blow them away and not patronise them and risk the chance of an upset. No, a major disaster.

I agree we should play our strongest team.

However the fact they have lost to both Lothian Thistle and Dundonald Bluebell in the last 10 days should mean if we play anywhere close to decent we should be far too much for them and it won't even be close.

wookie70
08-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Full team please. Bonnyrigg knocked out Dumbarton away. Dumbarton have beaten us last year and Dundee Utd this year. The last thing you want to do as Cup Holders is go out in the first round. The Rose are no mugs and we should make sure we play our best side to give us the chance of progressing. The way our attendences have been the Cup could again be a big money spinner.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Same team that faced utd

3pm
08-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Think Gray is banned?

Speedy
08-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Strongest team with the exception of anyone carrying knocks.

hibbysam
08-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Laidlaw
Fontaine
Forster
Hanlon/McGregor
Crane
Humphrey
Fyvie (if back)
Martin
McGinn
Graham
Keatings

Crane and Humphrey basically playing as wide midfielders.

Glory Lurker
08-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Think Gray is banned?

Yep. Picked up a stupid, needless booking in his last cup game counts him out. No thought about the rest of the team.

:greengrin

Hibee Mac
08-01-2017, 05:05 PM
It's not like this is a midweek game, no need to rest our first 11.

I'd rather they played every week than missed one week and weren't fully up to scratch the next.

Massive gamble playing a second 11 for no reason which is why imo theres no chance of it happening, Lennon will play a v strong team

cleanyman
08-01-2017, 05:05 PM
We are the defending champions.

A wee run would help the coffers.

Full team and subs at half time

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Yep. Picked up a stupid, needless booking in his last cup game counts him out. No thought about the rest of the team.

He been a mere passenger since he came to this club

Slavers
08-01-2017, 05:40 PM

This strongest team out as do not want any slip ups and 0-7 would rub the Jambos nose right in it!

Eyrie
08-01-2017, 06:53 PM
McGinn, Fyvie and Marciano will all be just back from injuries and Humphrey needs game time. So that's four first choice players guaranteed to play and with two of those in midfield it's an ideal opportunity to rest McGeouch. I'd also start Holt.

So there can be changes to Friday's team without really weakening us.

St Pauli Hibee
08-01-2017, 07:18 PM
I expect something along the lines of the team that played Turriff earlier this season

Marciano
Martin
Crane
Hanlon
Forster

F Murray
Boyle
Fyvie
McGeouch
Harris

Graham

Should easily beat Bonnyrigg with a similar team

truehibernian
08-01-2017, 07:24 PM
I expect something along the lines of the team that played Turriff earlier this season

Marciano
Martin
Crane
Hanlon
Forster

F Murray
Boyle
Fyvie
McGeouch
Harris

Graham

Should easily beat Bonnyrigg with a similar team

Hope not, Took 114 years to win it again and as cup holders we should show the cup, the fans and Bonnyrigg respect. No banana skins, full squad, unchanged from Utd - win the game early and then make changes when the game is won !

we are hibs
08-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Marciano

Forster/ Eardley(?)
mcgregor
hanlon
crane

mcgeouch
mcginn
martin

boyle
humphrey

cummings

SlickShoes
08-01-2017, 07:48 PM
I want hibs to put out their strongest team possible and score as many goals as they can. This game is at Tynecastle and everyone is waiting on us ****ing it up having won the cup last year.

I'm not overly fussed about winning the cup or not this year but we can at least get put out by a professional team later on.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Same team that faced utd

David Gray is suspended and Kris Commons' contract expires after the Dumbarton game.

pacorosssco
08-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Strongest team. Destroy them. No mercy. Have a party

Hibeewilly
08-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Keatings Foster Graham Humphrey and Martin will definitely start IMO

Gogs07
08-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Rest no one and put as many past them as possible!!.
it will be the bus shelter's first 'sell out' since the Hibs/saintees semi!!:greengrin

Sir David Gray
08-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Rest no one and put as many past them as possible!!.
it will be the bus shelter's first 'sell out' since the Hibs/saintees semi!!:greengrin

Unfortunately not since they're not opening the main stand for this game.

Most we can expect at the game is around 13000.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Bonnyrigg also won on in the same ground against the same opposition Dundee United lost to recently. In between those two games United beat us. Realistically we should destroy them, but I'd make very few changes and get the job done, then bring in Crane, Martin, Shaw etc.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately not since they're not opening the main stand for this game.

Most we can expect at the game is around 13000.

Can still be a "sell out"

Dunbar Hibee
09-01-2017, 12:31 AM

Nah they really wouldn't.

JimBHibees
09-01-2017, 06:55 AM
Bonnyrigg also won on in the same ground against the same opposition Dundee United lost to recently. In between those two games United beat us. Realistically we should destroy them, but I'd make very few changes and get the job done, then bring in Crane, Martin, Shaw etc.

Agree totally the last thing we need is playing a weaker team lose an early goal then panic. Could easily happen. Dominate the game and get the job done.

calumhibee1
09-01-2017, 07:15 AM
Full strength. Maybe give the likes of McGeough the day off and anyone who's carrying a knock, but any changes and I'd be sticking to bringing established squad players in, not the like of Crane and Shaw. Same team as Friday, maybe swap Dylan for Bartley/Martin, Cummings for Keatings and at a push Forster for Gray and Fontaine for Hanlon or McGregor.

calumhibee1
09-01-2017, 07:16 AM
Nah they really wouldn't.

You don't think Bonnyrigg would survive in league one? Them, along with a few other junior/senior teams like Linlithgow Rose and East Kilbride would absolutely survive relegation from that league if they were pitched into it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Laidlaw

Forster
Hanlon
Mcgregor

Boyle
Martin
McGinn
McGeouch
Humphrey

Cummings
Keatings

Keyser Sauzee
09-01-2017, 09:01 AM
You don't think Bonnyrigg would survive in league one? Them, along with a few other junior/senior teams like Linlithgow Rose and East Kilbride would absolutely survive relegation from that league if they were pitched into it.

Maybe Bonnyrigg Rose as a club would if they ever got the chance along with several other Junior teams as they would attract a higher calibre of player, but this squad of players they have would be the worst team League 1 has ever seen, easily.

frazeHFC
09-01-2017, 09:53 AM
They are mostly Hearts fans in their team, in their coaching staff, and there are a fair few Jambos saying they are going to the game. So get them thumped, sing non stop about being Champions and make it a party atmosphere.

:flag:

Unfortunately going to miss this one myself though :(

Bristolhibby
09-01-2017, 10:11 AM

This. Full team, then, if we are comfortable (and I mean a three goal lead) make the subs in the second half.

No way I want to go out of our Cup. I'm looking to be retaining it!

J

half.time.draw.
09-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Maybe Bonnyrigg Rose as a club would if they ever got the chance along with several other Junior teams as they would attract a higher calibre of player, but this squad of players they have would be the worst team League 1 has ever seen, easily.

Nonsense, have you seen them play?

jacomo
09-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Hope not, Took 114 years to win it again and as cup holders we should show the cup, the fans and Bonnyrigg respect. No banana skins, full squad, unchanged from Utd - win the game early and then make changes when the game is won !

:agree:

Also, I'd like to see us bed in a settled formation built around a back 4 rather than chop and change again.

Perhaps a couple of players like Dylan can be rested but wholesale changes should be resisted.

Postiga
10-01-2017, 10:49 AM

Didnt they just get beat 3-1 from Dundonald Bluebell at the weekend. Very unlikely they would hold their own in League 2 never mind League 1.

Mathias Jack
10-01-2017, 11:20 AM
No slip ups on the turf of our greatest rivals, strongest team possible please. Just a reminder, we only put three past Irvine Meadow 6 years ago in the Cup.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Strongest team. Bonnyrigg will want to play against our strongest team not our under 20s. Get the job done in the first hour then make changes as required.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2017, 12:19 PM
No slip ups on the turf of our greatest rivals, strongest team possible please. Just a reminder, we only put three past Irvine Meadow 6 years ago in the Cup.

:agree:, and hearts only scraped past Auchinleck Talbot as well.

hibbysam
10-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Strongest team. Bonnyrigg will want to play against our strongest team not our under 20s. Get the job done in the first hour then make changes as required.

I can almost guarantee Bonnyrigg would rather play our under 13's and look to progress. I can't see anyone saying we should play our Under 20's, however we have a squad of around 20 first team players and resting a few of our starters will make zero difference. For example - Replacing Paul Hanlon with Fontaine, Cummings with Keatings, Marciano with Laidlaw, Fyvie back in to get games, Graham/Holt to get some game time.. Crane to see if he has what it takes etc... None of those changes will make any difference to our team beating Bonnyrigg.

truehibernian
10-01-2017, 12:28 PM
:agree:, and hearts only scraped past Auchinleck Talbot as well.

Scored a perfectly good goal given as offside too.

CapitalGreen
10-01-2017, 12:38 PM

Dumbarton first mate.

hibbie02
10-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Got to be as strong a team as possible in the first half at least, then see what the score is. Plenty of time in the second half to makes some changes. This game has all the potential for Hibs to produce one of their howlers. Scottish Cup holders, First Cup game this season against a Junior Team, playing at Tynecastle. Lets' not get arrogant. Let's be professional, get the job done in the first half and give some time to fringe players in the second half. Better that than give them a spanking or worse, lose!

where'stheslope
10-01-2017, 03:24 PM
While you should always play your best team in all games, but, this season has a big golden carrot at the end of it.
So in this instance, I could put up with the likes of Cummings, Commons, McGinn and MacGregor all being rested and kept injury free for our run in for the league.
Always when you play these type of teams, the referee always lets them get in a few tasty challenges before reaching for cards if at all.
So for me, safety first keep the match winners out of the firing line!

WeeRussell
10-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority on this one.

Appreciate they will be fired up but it's f*****ng Bonnyrigg! I'll be shocked if there aren't a few unforced changes.

If any of their players were near the level of our squad they would be on our books (or on someone's!)

One Day
10-01-2017, 09:02 PM
As strong as a team as possible. This is the game everyone will want us to lose alart from hibbies obviously. Lets get them n pummel the crap out of them. Love seeing wee side get a good hammering in the cup n no i dont care about the romance of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree, want this one won well

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Full team, give them respect, pump them, and go on to retain trophy:flag: