PDA

View Full Version : Centre backs

21sMay
07-01-2017, 11:26 PM
We are very lucky to have Darren and Paul as our Center backs in my opinion . Two class acts and would walk into any team outwith Celtic in my opinion . Having two Hibs fans in the heart of our defence who are not just passionate but model professionals is a massive plus for us . These guys keep out Fontaine and Foster who I think are good enough to play in the premiership on a weekly basis. I think this will be our defensive pairing for many years to come and I'd be delighted for this to be the case.

07-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Agreed.

truehibernian
07-01-2017, 11:40 PM
I watched the game back today and DM didn't put one foot wrong - I admit I wasn't convinced by people jumping on the 'Daz for Scotland' bandwagon but tell you what, him and Hanlon are no worse, and better, than the pair of halfwits WGS selects (Berra, Hanley) !

If I were Gordon I'd pick him for the next squad - Hanlon too - Hanlon deserves it.

21sMay
07-01-2017, 11:52 PM
I watched the game back today and DM didn't put one foot wrong - I admit I wasn't convinced by people jumping on the 'Daz for Scotland' bandwagon but tell you what, him and Hanlon are no worse, and better, than the pair of halfwits WGS selects (Berra, Hanley) !

If I were Gordon I'd pick him for the next squad - Hanlon too - Hanlon deserves it.
Paul Hanlon is very consistent and also a very good footballing Center back, Darren is a no nonsense Center back who rarely loses a header or a tackle , they compliment each other perfectly and their love for Hibs shines through. I for one certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see them line up for Scotland over what we have

Sir David Gray
07-01-2017, 11:52 PM

There's no chance of either of them playing for Scotland any time soon unfortunately.

truehibernian
07-01-2017, 11:57 PM
There's no chance of either of them playing for Scotland any time soon unfortunately.

I know mate, sadly when I see Hanley, Berra, Martin and Greer get caps, I weep at the fact not one manager has given Hanlon a cap - and I was a big big critic of PH, but he's proved me very wrong !

Berra is worth a goal of a start - for the opposition ! Hanley is more suited for a rugby scrum.