PDA

View Full Version : Big Conrad.

vuefrom1875
07-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Just watched the big man on MOTD in goal for Rochdale, couple of good saves and seemed to be enjoying himself, great to see him playing again. FOREVER A HERO,FOREVER A LEGEND!! ⚽⚽

Unseen work
07-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Looked like he had lost a lot of weight.

Still a big guy though.

Liberal Hibby
07-01-2017, 11:55 PM
And Graham Stack shipping five for Eastleigh v Brentford.

hibby6270
07-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Yeah. A couple of his saves today very reminiscent of the blocks he made in the semi against Dundee Utd. Just wish MOTD had made mention that he was a Scottish Cup winner last season with us. They mentioned his Achilles injury but that was it.

Even more impressive was another ex loan player we had play briefly for us - Matt Doherty - his free kick for Wolves against Stoke was a cracker!!

greenginger
08-01-2017, 12:01 AM
Talking about Logan the BBC pundit says that he's had a bad injury, a snapped Achilles , but its great to see him back in football.

The guy must be oblivious to Logan's cup winning game in May.

How much are these guy's paid ?

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2017, 12:02 AM
Yeah. A couple of his saves today very reminiscent of the blocks he made in the semi against Dundee Utd. Just wish MOTD had made mention that he was a Scottish Cup winner last season with us. They mentioned his Achilles injury but that was it.

Even more impressive was another ex loan player we had play briefly for us - Matt Doherty - his free kick for Wolves against Stoke was a cracker!!

There is nothing impressive about that ****

hibby6270
08-01-2017, 12:15 AM

You're right. During his time with us he was useless.
Was just highlighting the goal he scored today was a good one. That's all.

08-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Conrad Logan. What an absolutely incredible story. 16 months out of football and came back to be a hero.

Forever grateful to this man.

truehibernian
08-01-2017, 12:34 AM

As ever DBS, succinct and perfectly put.

Doherty didn't deserve to wear a Hibs jersey.

fat freddy
08-01-2017, 12:36 AM
George Francombe also featured tonight, im sure we had him for a spell under Calderwood, no idea who he was playing for, its been a blur of non league teams tonight

HibernianJK
08-01-2017, 12:37 AM
As ever DBS, succinct and perfectly put.

Doherty didn't deserve to wear a Hibs jersey.

Contrary to most I though Doherty was one of the better players we had during that horrible period.

A right ****er like but I though he was solid at RB.

HappyAsHellas
08-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Did I hear correctly that the ex smellie Van Dyck is now a 50 million pound player, or is my whisky a little stronger than usual?

Ryan69
08-01-2017, 12:45 AM

Tobe expected...Brentford are a pretty descent side.

Was a good goalie for us!

Ryan69
08-01-2017, 12:46 AM

I hate Ronaldo...but he is higher.

Disgusting after the cup final.

truehibernian
08-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Contrary to most I though Doherty was one of the better players we had during that horrible period.

A right ****er like but I though he was solid at RB.

A tubby Andrew Driver ripped him a new one at Hampden. His interview after the game was disgraceful - don't wish him ill, but hope he never gets anywhere in the game. Ranks at number 4, just below Butcher, Malpas and the Fat Goalie Scout as my most disliked Hibs player/staff member.

hibs0666
08-01-2017, 12:51 AM
A tubby Andrew Driver ripped him a new one at Hampden. His interview after the game was disgraceful - don't wish him ill, but hope he never gets anywhere in the game. Ranks at number 4, just below Butcher, Malpas and the Fat Goalie Scout as my most disliked Hibs player/staff member.

Ray ****ing Wilkins.

Itsnoteasy
08-01-2017, 12:52 AM

I think if you asked a cross section of football fans south of the border they would not know that We won the cup.
Not everyone has Sky Tv.

truehibernian
08-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Ray ****ing Wilkins.

Agreed, he's a **** - drink driver too - anyone doing that is ****.

But I'd still put Doherty above even him mate.

Itsnoteasy
08-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Did I hear correctly that the ex smellie Van Dyck is now a 50 million pound player, or is my whisky a little stronger than usual?

Yip 50million. Of that Celtic are on 10%.

hibs0666
08-01-2017, 12:57 AM
Agreed, he's a **** - drink driver too - anyone doing that is ****.

But I'd still put Doherty above even him mate.

I was at Ibrox the day Wilkins applauded the huns. ****er that he is.

hibby6270
08-01-2017, 01:13 AM
Jeez. All I said was Doherty scored a decent goal today.
Didn't expect WW3 to break out.:confused:

BH Hibs
08-01-2017, 01:19 AM

Two polar opposites if you ever had them. Both came here on loan one showed desire and passion with no guarantee or even getting a game but was desperate to get back playing. He grabbed his chance and went on to become a legend even in the short time he was here. The fans loved him and he seemed to love the club. The other whilst he had talent his attitude sucked came across as a Billy big baws and had no affection or feeling for the club. That interview showed him as the complete dick he was. The two should never be in the same sentence unless it was big Conrad Logan puts his foot up Matt Doherty's arse.

HoboHarry
08-01-2017, 01:29 AM
S*** stirring barsteward that you are........

:greengrin

truehibernian
08-01-2017, 01:32 AM

Never mention Doherty again 😀 and don't even hint at Ed Van Der Graaf

Keyser Sauzee
08-01-2017, 01:40 AM
Seen a good number of posters mention Doherty's post final interview on here but I haven't seen or heard what was said, can anyone put a link up or write what was said, would like to know??

SteveHFC
08-01-2017, 01:44 AM
Logan is a legend. He was one of the reasons we won the thing.

He''ll still be talked about in 100 years time. :aok:

WS Hibs
08-01-2017, 01:53 AM
Seen a good number of posters mention Doherty's post final interview on here but I haven't seen or heard what was said, can anyone put a link up or write what was said, would like to know??

13 minutes into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ

Interviewer: "Any chance we could see you in a Hibs shirt again next season?"
Doherty: "No chance"

Welt.

Pete
08-01-2017, 03:16 AM

To be fair Brentford looked very good and scored some crackers.

Conrad is a legend. That performamce against Dundee United will live in the memory forever.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Conrad Logan. What an absolutely incredible story. 16 months out of football and came back to be a hero.

Forever grateful to this man.

#persevered

Fergos
08-01-2017, 08:44 AM
The Conrad Logan......Scottish Cup Winner and Legend.

Never forgotten and always welcome at ER.

Legend.

GGTTH

overdrive
08-01-2017, 08:48 AM
13 minutes into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0JyC-yEQ

Interviewer: "Any chance we could see you in a Hibs shirt again next season?"
Doherty: "No chance"

Welt.

The Hibs TV one when he first signed was a belter too. He thought he'd signed for Hearts and referred to us as such.

Onion
08-01-2017, 09:03 AM

Notoriously, one of the most disliked players ever to pull on a Hibs strip, after his disgraceful performance during, and behaviour after, that cup final. An apology of a footballer.

macca70
08-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Ha ha, Ray Wilkins, what a bizarre signing that was for us.

He was absolutely useless, did he ever actually move out of the centre circle?!

emerald green
08-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Notoriously, one of the most disliked players ever to pull on a Hibs strip, after his disgraceful performance during, and behaviour after, that cup final. An apology of a footballer.

Wage thief. His seemingly couldn't care less attitude was an insult to the Hibs support.

Ha ha, Ray Wilkins, what a bizarre signing that was for us.

He was absolutely useless, did he ever actually move out of the centre circle?!

Another one.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2017, 11:15 AM
I actually thought Docherty was a decent player and was one of the few who looked the part out of that batch of loans. His worst game was that final when he was ripped apart by a half fit Andy Driver.

I wouldn't defend his attitude for a second. The smirk and 'no chance' in the interview, referring to us a Hearts and his 'don't give a ****' on Twitter point to a total roaster. Would still argue he was and is a decent player though.

LustForLeith
08-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Logans performance against Dundee United in the semi was how he best debut from a keeper since Hatch played against the Germans.

Unseen work
08-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Il be honest I don't get the savage hatred towards him at all.

Personally think it's all a bit milked.

Iv seen he was "laughing and joking about" after the final. To me he looks raging after being humiliated until O'Connor or another player slaps him on the face and he laughs"

The only reason he said no chance as his answer was because the interviewer said "is there no chance we will see you at hibs next season?"

I would bet if the interviewer never said no chance in the question, he wouldn't of said no chance as his reply.

Fwiw the majority on here rated him as a player until that day.

hibeemikey21
08-01-2017, 01:18 PM

Iv seen he was "laughing and joking about" after the final. To me he looks raging after being humiliated until O'Connor or another player slaps him on the face and he laughs"

The only reason he said no chance as his answer was because the interviewer said "is there no chance we will see you at hibs next season?"

I would bet if the interviewer never said no chance in the question, he wouldn't of said no chance as his reply.

Yep. His face is like thunder during the interview and Murray/sproule/O'Connor are smiling away in the background.

Also, re his twitter comment, that only came after he was getting baited and abused by hundreds of hibs fans. Obviously just snapped.

greenlex
08-01-2017, 01:22 PM
George Francombe also featured tonight, im sure we had him for a spell under Calderwood, no idea who he was playing for, its been a blur of non league teams tonight

Also Johnathan Grounds.

The Spaceman
08-01-2017, 01:30 PM

:agree: If I found out he suffered a career ended tomorrow I'd probably be smirking away like he was after that game.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 01:41 PM

What did he say ? I have never watched anything of that game ever. I didn't buy a newspaper for a whole month afterwards :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2017, 02:01 PM
I think if you asked a cross section of football fans south of the border they would not know that We won the cup.
Not everyone has Sky Tv.

Maybe not .... but Conrad's story from last season was the stuff of fitba dreams and you would have expected the so called experts on MOTD to be aware of it and if they were going to mention him at all make folk aware of what he had done.

There's players getting named on this thread whose names shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the legend that is Conrad Logan.

08-01-2017, 02:05 PM

Rank player with an absolutely boggin attitude. Absolute welt of a guy. His "i don't give a ****" tweet after the 5-1 cup final just summed him up.

brog
08-01-2017, 02:14 PM

I'm with you on this one. Arguably Doherty scored our most important goal of the season 2 weeks before the final when he opened the scoring vs Pars & we avoided relegation. There's many people much more to blame for the cup final fiasco than Doherty.

Broken Gnome
08-01-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm with you on this one. Arguably Doherty scored our most important goal of the season 2 weeks before the final when he opened the scoring vs Pars & we avoided relegation. There's many people much more to blame for the cup final fiasco than Doherty.

He was also about the best player on the pitch against Kilmarnock in an earlier round, goal saving tackle at the end.

He was as highly thought of then as he was hated by the end.

08-01-2017, 02:57 PM

True but it was because we signed gutless no marks like Doherty that we ended up where we did. The standard of player we used to sign back then was appalling. The 2012 cup final team is up there with one of the worst team in recent history. Filled with characters like Doherty who couldn't give a flying one about hibs and where happy just to take their wages and piss off without a care in the world after causing the most humiliating final in the clubs history.

JimBHibees
08-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Given the players were arguing about bonuses apparently the night before I think it is fair to say that that Doherty wasn't the only one with a terrible attitude that day.

cleanyman
08-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Doherty was a decent player for Hibs

O'Connor, Murray and Sproule in the last few months of that season were utterly useless.

We won't touch them though....they're one of our own

essexhibee
08-01-2017, 04:24 PM

AFC Wimbledon.

Saw him play against Southend on Boxing Day and was anonymous. As an aside watched Southend play Sheff Utd yesterday.

Scougall really is the tiniest footballer I have ever seen. Built like a ten year old. Jon Fleck ran the game for Sheff and Matt Done came on but didn't really do anything of note.

Itsnoteasy
08-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Maybe not .... but Conrad's story from last season was the stuff of fitba dreams and you would have expected the so called experts on MOTD to be aware of it and if they were going to mention him at all make folk aware of what he had done.

There's players getting named on this thread whose names shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the legend that is Conrad Logan.

It was in the SC & not the EC so why would they mention it. Yes the Polar Bear won us the semi. Will go down in the history books of Our club.

Smartie
08-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Over the piece Doherty was a better than decent player for us.

He was a drastic improvement on what we had before and put in some top performances for us. The wave of loan signings are often criticised but they were an improvement on what we had and helped keep us up and get to a cup final that we'll all wish we hadn't got to.

Doherty was hung out to dry in the cup final by Fenlon's wide open tactical approach, with players doubling up on him down their left. He was raging, he should have been raging and it showed in the interview. He then lashed out on twitter after copping loads of abuse - not that unreasonable.

I don't really have that much of a problem with Doherty. Wilkins stealing a wage acting the impostor in our midfield whilst saluting the huns was unforgivable. Paul Tosh s******g out a tackle when we lost 3-0 in the League Cup at McDiarmid Park just about made me have an aneurysm, and Colin Calderwood's lukewarm, disinterested and utterly inept performance as manager are far more offensive to me.