PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon, panic signings and preferred formation.

H18 SFR
07-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Last night was exceptional. NL clearly knew the type of high quality signings we needed to enhance the team and was patient to get them. A lesser manager might have signed lesser players in the summer. Now we have the personnel and the formation, the league is well within our capabilities. I think we will now streamroller our way to the title. I'm also looking for a solid defence of the cup.

J-C
07-01-2017, 10:59 AM
We have the squad to play 3 different systems, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 like last night.

Hibeewilly
07-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Credit to Lennon he got his tactics spot on last night. Some eyebrows were raised when his team selection became known including my own. Well done Neil:agree:

Fergos
07-01-2017, 12:47 PM
I get the impression that NL has been slightly caught out on how tight this league is when he came in together with perhaps undr estimating what the squad needed at the start of the season.

Having been in half the season now and with the window open I think he's now prepared to actually fully put his stamp on the starting 11 and squad as a whole, and last night and the last couple of games have began to show us what he considers to be a Championship winning team.

There will be further bumps along the way but I'm confident we are starting to see the mans true qualities as a leader and manager.

Last night was was the first time I can honestly say so far this season that we are making progress and look like a League winning side.

GGTTH

147lothian
07-01-2017, 12:53 PM
One of the benefits IMO of having a high profile manager like NL is that available players are more likely to listen to him and sign for him than they would for an average low profile manager at other championship clubs, thankfully the silly season around xmas time when supporters of clubs think they know a manager who could have been doing a better job has past, and we thankfully have a manager in place capable of getting us out this division in place

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 12:56 PM
I think Lennon has been smart. The Scottish Cup winning side are legends and nobody wants to break them up without seeing what they can do. But paradoxically a team capable of seizing that glory aren't effective at getting out of this league. The width and pace requirement to beat times who pack us out at home was missing. Lenny's addressed this and I anticipate some of those big home wins we've been craving happening now. Cummings in particular, could get plenty of sux yard tap ins.

calumhibee1
07-01-2017, 01:00 PM
We have the squad to play 3 different systems, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 like last night.

And 4-4-2.

greenlex
07-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Credit where its due. Spot on last nights selection and performance.
Still dont get the timing of the subs as I thought they were about 10 mins too late as both Cummings and Commons had run their race.. Having said that he is on record as saying the medical staff said 15 mins for SJM. Well done NL.

Jonnyboy
07-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Still dont get the timing of the subs as I thought they were about 10 mins too late as both Cummings and Commons had run their race.. Having said that he is on record as saying the medical staff said 15 mins for SJM. Well done NL.

You still banging on about that? :greengrin

Good to see you last night, A :aok:

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 10:50 PM
One of the benefits IMO of having a high profile manager like NL is that available players are more likely to listen to him and sign for him than they would for an average low profile manager at other championship clubs, thankfully the silly season around xmas time when supporters of clubs think they know a manager who could have been doing a better job has past, and we thankfully have a manager in place capable of getting us out this division in place
Well said 147. We have been calling out for a powerful and respected manager for years. Glad he is at the Hibees.

Mikey09
07-01-2017, 11:02 PM

And what a 15mins!!!!

The Leith Dutch
07-01-2017, 11:15 PM

Spot on!.
One of the things I really like about us at the moment - we have variety.
Keeping that up bodes well for being back in the SPL.

greenlex
08-01-2017, 12:18 AM
You still banging on about that? :greengrin

Good to see you last night, A :aok:
:greengrinAye to anyone daft enough to listen. Good to see you too J.:aok: I'm still buzzin.

monktonharp
08-01-2017, 12:26 AM
I get the impression that NL has been slightly caught out on how tight this league is when he came in together with perhaps undr estimating what the squad needed at the start of the season.

Having been in half the season now and with the window open I think he's now prepared to actually fully put his stamp on the starting 11 and squad as a whole

There will be further bumps along the way but I'm confident we are starting to see the mans true qualities as a leader

GGTTH:agree:he also got some unfair stick from some on here. he has an arrogance, nay , a resilience which I am happy with. met him too and seems a very amiable guy. well done Neil.:aok: