PDA

View Full Version : Championship party - touch wood

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Hearts won it with 91 points

Rangers won' it with 81

We have 70 points last 2 seasons

I reckon 75 points required maybe less - 33 required

Question when will we tie it up - I need to make plans to be home .

I reckon we will tie it up against either QOS or Raith late April ?

Thoughts

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2017, 05:11 AM

Rangers won' it with 81

Thoughts

Thoughts? ....................... Far far far too soon mate.

MWHIBBIES
07-01-2017, 05:24 AM
3 points at Dumbarton, nothing else matters.

chasitup
07-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Thoughts? ....................... Far far far too soon mate.
Exactly this, there's a very long way to go yet. We still have to go to Tannadice again. We've won nothing yet.

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 07:00 AM

Rangers won' it with 81

Thoughts

My thoughts are that this thread is far too early...we are 4 points clear, not 14.....long way to go...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim44
07-01-2017, 07:02 AM

Rangers won' it with 81

Thoughts

Don't get ahead of yourself. There's a long way to go yet, but last night's performance clearly showed we have the means to win the league with a bit to spare. Every game has to be treated with the same intensity.

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Don't get ahead of yourself. There's a long way to go yet, but last night's performance clearly showed we have the means to win the league with a bit to spare. Every game has to be treated with the same intensity.

Calm down boys just a bit of fun and i have flights to book !

Commons goal on Saturday was transformational -we all felt it but didn't want to say it .

Last night - was the first time we have clicked under Lennon -he has had 6 months and now he knows what we are and what we need .

Injuries bar -expect us to play a more consistent team especially up top and watch us run away with this league .

I expect us to win 90% of games the next few months with the occasional draw -possibly !

Back on topic -I am talking about the home celebrations -either first home game as champions or the home game we do it on .

Giving how Poor Utd are -we could make it for the Falkirk game Saturday March 25 -that would stick it right up Houston and his brawlers -sweet -Failing that -I can see us doing it against QOS or preferably - Raith with Skacel joining us for the party !±

Getting excited now !!

Glory Glory

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 08:56 AM
You just can't let this topic go can you? Again, light fun or not, it's way too early to be assuming we will win the league....

Brightside
07-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Can we delete this thread please.

Hibby Bairn
07-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Hibs should never be celebrating winning the Championship imo. Do the business, get out the 2nd tier of Scottish football and move on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Maybe we need a skoosher alert to go with happyclappers and bedwetters.

07-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Delete this thread

heretoday
07-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Don't get ahead of yourself. There's a long way to go yet, but last night's performance clearly showed we have the means to win the league with a bit to spare. Every game has to be treated with the same intensity.I

Exactly. Let us please not get carried away. That way lies disappointment.

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 10:00 AM
You just can't let this topic go can you? Again, light fun or not, it's way too early to be assuming we will win the league....

stop panicking captain manwerring

you boys need to lighten up

I'm going for Raith -Hospitality booked -flights reserved -skacel songs sans the naughty ones ready

:cb
happy days

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 10:02 AM

Thoughts?

Chickens, eggs and a calculator.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Far to early for this ...next week at Dumbarton is all that counts...as lennon said post match last night

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Onion
07-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Delete this thread

+1 :agree:

The Green Goblin
07-01-2017, 10:38 AM
+1 :agree:

+2.

Weststandwanab
07-01-2017, 11:19 AM
3 points at Dumbarton, nothing else matters.

Precisely.

I do not care the margin of winning as long as we win.

Marvellous Marvin had it correct last night in the post match interview it is only three points and he players need to keep their feet on the ground.

Damn marvellous3 point though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Way too early for this chat IMO.

jonny
07-01-2017, 11:28 AM
I'm with the OP. I'll be down at Primark later today to get some new claes for the party. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Only thing is I think we might have it won by the beginning of March and not the end. Think you might want to hold off on booking those flights Rougier.

pontius pilate
07-01-2017, 11:34 AM
I'll go for the promotion party against st midden final home game of the season
Couldn't care if we have won the league by then or if we need a result in that game. For me that will be when we get out hands on the promotion silverware and can finally relax

Tamhere1875
07-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Let's not get carried away plenty time to talk about partying when we have won the league.

07-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Woah woah woah way too soon i think pal, long way to go yet. Great win and great psychological boost for us last night but important to remember that it is only 4 points. Still many twists and turns to come yet I reckon (hibs are never known for doing things the easy way after all :greengrin!).

Threads like these just have the potential to bite us badly on the arse im afraid.

Valencia
07-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Fail to prepare - prepare to fail. St Mirren tickets bought

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm with the OP. I'll be down at Primark later today to get some new claes for the party. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Only thing is I think we might have it won by the beginning of March and not the end. Think you might want to hold off on booking those flights Rougier.

Lol lets no win it too soon imagine the uproar. With all the empty season ticket seats !

cleanyman
07-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Just like the relegation party

Bristolhibby
07-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Hate these threads.

One thing being a Hibs fan has taught me is to expect the unexpected.

J

CallumHibs07
07-01-2017, 02:08 PM
How about a bit of confidence? We just humped our closest rivals, we'll go up easy.

Bristolhibby
07-01-2017, 02:11 PM
I didn't relax at the 2007 Final until we were 4-1 up, but I get what you are saying. Just can't share it. Sorry, I've been kicked in the baws too much in the past. Old habits die hard.

J

07-01-2017, 02:13 PM
How about a bit of confidence? We just humped our closest rivals, we'll go up easy.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of confidence but its only early January so far too early to be planning title parties lol! As I said, hibs love to give us a rollercoaster ride!

Tamhere1875
07-01-2017, 02:18 PM
See there are still some people on here who think one game wins you the prize get a grip and stop putting stupid posts on here

snooky
07-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Hate these threads.

One thing being a Hibs fan has taught me is to expect the unexpected.

J

Exactamondo. The road to hell is paved with disappointing Hibs results.

"One game at a time sweet Jesus" - Lena Martell (1979)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sin7-guGpko

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 02:19 PM
See there are still some people on here who think one game wins you the prize get a grip and stop putting stupid posts on here

This !

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 02:28 PM

May 21st?

Sir David Gray
07-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Don't see the problem with a bit of confidence after last night, we've just hammered our only rivals for the title to go four points clear at the top of the table. Looking at our squad last night, I'll be shocked if we don't go up as champions.

Deansy
07-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Sorry but it wasn't that long ago some were saying 'We'll skoosh this league' and see how that turned out !

Thecat23
07-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Sorry but it wasn't that long ago some were saying 'We'll skoosh this league' and see how that turned out !

I still think we'll skoosh this league. Utd are ****ing honking.

Pete
07-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Is it too early to book buses for the cup final?

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 04:01 PM
May 21st?

Actually, Bob, that took six games.

Dalianwanda
07-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Lets wait till its done & dusted..It was only a few days ago that folk were demanding at least 5 new players and wondering if Lennon was the right man (I'll not even talk about the match day threads of the previous weeks which were some of the most negative threads Ive ever read)..Last night was brilliant, lets take it from there & see what happens rather than chucking things up like this that could potentially bite us in the bum..

Stokesy's on fire
07-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Rangers won' it with 81

Thoughts

We will tie the league up when and IF we make it
Mathematically impossible to be caught. Long way to go

LustForLeith
07-01-2017, 04:52 PM
If we do win the league last game of the season will be at home to St Mirren. Ironic that we'd be going up as they'd be going down for the second straight season.

That's if...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Delete. Embarrassing.

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2017, 05:34 PM
The Fat lady is not singing yet.

silverhibee
07-01-2017, 05:42 PM

Rangers won' it with 81

Thoughts

Thoughts

One game at a time.

northstandhibby
07-01-2017, 05:46 PM
I still think we'll skoosh this league. Utd are ****ing honking.

Tbf they weren't honking a few weeks ago. They seem to be having a bad patch similar to us just a short while ago. Would urge caution on thinking we're now going to skoosh it. However if we play most weeks like last night then we have every chance of going on a league winning run but let's take each game as it comes. There are some horrible grounds to visit where football like we played last night is not always possible so many battles and pitfalls lie ahead. But a huge battle was won last night which gives much hope and optimism.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Gerard
07-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Every game our club plays will be difficult. This is a tough league to win and we have been in it 3 years so we can not expect it to be any easier to win this year. We need to show respect to all teams we play and if we do then we have a very good chance of winning this league this year.:wink:

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Actually, Bob, that took six games.

Did it? I only made the last one! Did we beat anyone of interest en route to the final?

chrisski33
07-01-2017, 05:59 PM
This thread needs deleted

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2017, 06:00 PM
I didn't relax at the 2007 Final until we were 4-1 up, but I get what you are saying. Just can't share it. Sorry, I've been kicked in the baws too much in the past. Old habits die hard.

J

I didn't relax at the Scottish Cup Final in May until I read the Sunday papers.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 06:04 PM
i admire the swashbuckling confidence of this thread. We are social pirates from a port town and have a sailing ship in our club crest, after all. But there still some treacherous waters to navigate before we reach the open seas and plain sailing. It's nice having width and pace but we don't have loads of it, and wingers get do get kicked a lot.

But let's focus on our next port of call at Dumbarton and try to replicate that show.

What excites me now is that clubs in Championship will be saying 'Hibs have two wide players and they like to get at you and stretch you down the flanks' which is sweet music after all this 'the way to beat Hibs is to pack the midfield and defence as they always play through the middle.'

Any successful team over a championship program has to be able to mix up tactics and formation, and we now have the personnel to do that.

Onion
07-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Any successful team over a championship program has to be able to mix up tactics and formation, and we now have the personnel to do that.

:agree: Lennon now has all the tools to win this league but it will take proper management to work out how to win different matches. Last night was played at Prem league pace against a side who played football and tried to go forward. That's rare in this league and no proxy for what's to come.

Anyone thinking we can win this league with the same set up as last night... better not be called Neil Lennon.

--------
07-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Hibs should never be celebrating winning the Championship imo. Do the business, get out the 2nd tier of Scottish football and move on.

Well, I still look back with affection on the afternoon we beat Falkirk 2-1 with an awesome Sauzee free-kick and Yogi got the First Division trophy last time we were in the second tier. Celebrate whenever you can - life's too short to waste celebrations!

:agree: Lennon now has all the tools to win this league but it will take proper management to work out how to win different matches. Last night was played at Prem league pace against a side who played football and tried to go forward. That's rare in this league and no proxy for what's to come.

Anyone thinking we can win this league with the same set up as last night... better not be called Neil Lennon.

Absolutely. We have the players who CAN win this League. Whether they actually DO win this League is another matter.

After last night's game Neil was asked the Stupid Question - "Does this mean you're going to go on to win the title?" - and squashed it - "Only thinking about next weekend at Dumbarton."

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16.18)

ehf
07-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Anyone know when and where the 2019 Champions League Final is to be held?

Sir David Gray
07-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Anyone know when and where the 2019 Champions League Final is to be held?

Tynecastle.

Pretty Boy
07-01-2017, 09:45 PM
For the last couple of weeks all we have heard from some is 'one game' or 'a bad patch' doesn't lose a league and that 'nothing is won in November/December/January'. Suddenly we win a couple on the spin and at least a couple of those same people have the flag unfurled already.

One game at a time for me from here on in. Win the week from now on and we'll win the league, I'll be celebrating nothing until it's mathematically done.

majorhibs
07-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Actually answering this dubious OP & his couple mates, eh? I enjoy the odd wind up but there's limits! It's a league that will only be won when it's mathematically won. Teams drop points. People who think, observe that. Still, there's this breed, "we have/do/can/are stronger" who dive in after 1 or 2. On yese go!

snooky
07-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Actually answering this dubious OP & his couple mates, eh? I enjoy the odd wind up but there's limits! It's a league that will only be won when it's mathematically won. Teams drop points. People who think, observe that. Still, there's this breed, "we have/do/can/are stronger" who dive in after 1 or 2. On yese go!

Any Bletchley Parkers out there? :dunno:

Mikey09
07-01-2017, 10:17 PM
We will tie the league up when and IF we make it
Mathematically impossible to be caught. Long way to go

Arithmetically... :greengrin

majorhibs
07-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Arithmetically... :greengrin

You dont listen to your TV pundits enough.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Tynecastle.

Home advantage should swing it for them then.

Mikey09
07-01-2017, 10:31 PM
You dont listen to your TV pundits enough.

I know... I could learn a lot from Jonathan Sutherland, Kris Boyd etc. Or I could switch to Sportsound and pick the brains of Derek Ferguson, Chic Young and "Biscuits!" :blah:

givescotlandfreedom
08-01-2017, 05:26 PM
This thread is probably meant to be a joke but we've won hee haw yet and are a long way from the end. Let's not tempt fate.

greenlex
08-01-2017, 06:02 PM
April15th against QoS at ER.