PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 03:49 AM
Just shy of 19,000 and the other 1,500 was obviously in the part of South Stand we couldn't (stupidly) sell to Hibs fans.

I've criticised the club enough for this, so now it's time to praise them - they obviously made a concerted effort to resell the returned ST and advance corporate block bookings which wouldn't be used due to the fixture switching to Friday night.

Nice one to all the ST holders who called in and made their tickets available for reissue. It meant that there were far less paid-for-but-empty seats in the three home stands than usual and that helped to generate a great atmosphere.

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Yup, great effort by everybody and especially the folk who let Hibs know their seats would be available. I've seen a few folk say the atmosphere didn't come across on ALBA ... all I can say is the BBC need to invest in a few more and better microphones coz at times the place was rocking with all 3 home stands joining in.

I doubt we will have a problem with segregating the south for the rest of the season now, but if we do get promoted its something that Hibs are seriously going to have to get sorted. We have close to 11,500 season ticket holders just now, if on promotion we ended up with 13,500 that only leaves about 2,500 walk up places in the 3 'home' stands.

The Yams give us the whole Roseburn so I don't think them having the whole south is a problem. But the ugly sisters are a different matter, I'm not sure what Celtic give us, but they are in a rubbish area of the stadium so we owe them nothing .... the away allocation at Ibrox is pitiful and if there's any prospect of selling half the south to Hibs fans for a game with Sevco we should make damned sure it happens. Those 3 clubs aside the only other club who might want more than 1,500 tickets is Aberdeen.

InchHibby
07-01-2017, 07:03 AM
I don't mind giving the yams the full away end as it's obviously an agreement between both clubs to do this. But for any other club, including the bigot brothers, we should treat them in the same way they treat us, it's just a pity we don't have an area with limited view.
I think we will be using a section of the away end for some of our remaining home fixtures.
That crowd tonight was outstanding and I'm sure those that attended will be returning.
How good would it be to post higher average attendances than our deluded neighbours.

Big_Franck
07-01-2017, 08:47 AM
I don't mind giving the yams the full away end as it's obviously an agreement between both clubs to do this. But for any other club, including the bigot brothers, we should treat them in the same way they treat us, it's just a pity we don't have an area with limited view.
I think we will be using a section of the away end for some of our remaining home fixtures.
That crowd tonight was outstanding and I'm sure those that attended will be returning.
How good would it be to post higher average attendances than our deluded neighbours.

Its only been an agreement between hibs and hearts in previous seasons, im not sure it'd be the same next year. Hearts have ST holders in the roseburn now so nobody can be given the full roseburn in the league. The reason we got it last year was that it was the cup game and so their STs weren't valid and the clubs came to the agreement to give hibs the full roseburn. If we arent given the full roseburn next season they shouldnt be given the full south stand IMO.

Hutchie
07-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Yup, great effort by everybody and especially the folk who let Hibs know their seats would be available. I've seen a few folk say the atmosphere didn't come across on ALBA ... all I can say is the BBC need to invest in a few more and better microphones coz at times the place was rocking with all 3 home stands joining in.

I doubt we will have a problem with segregating the south for the rest of the season now, but if we do get promoted its something that Hibs are seriously going to have to get sorted. We have close to 11,500 season ticket holders just now, if on promotion we ended up with 13,500 that only leaves about 2,500 walk up places in the 3 'home' stands.

The Yams give us the whole Roseburn so I don't think them having the whole south is a problem. But the ugly sisters are a different matter, I'm not sure what Celtic give us, but they are in a rubbish area of the stadium so we owe them nothing .... the away allocation at Ibrox is pitiful and if there's any prospect of selling half the south to Hibs fans for a game with Sevco we should make damned sure it happens. Those 3 clubs aside the only other club who might want more than 1,500 tickets is Aberdeen.

Watched it on Alba and it the atmosphere seemed great to me. However I did notice they must have turned down the background noise at times as volume changed noticeably - I don't think this was anything other than to hear themselves speak.

Brilliant tribute for both Shaun's as well. (Welled up at both minutes)

Crowd, along with the team and management 10/10.

oneone73
07-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Watched it on Alba and it the atmosphere seemed great to me. However I did notice they must have turned down the background noise at times as volume changed noticeably - I don't think this was anything other than to hear themselves speak.

Brilliant tribute for both Shaun's as well. (Welled up at both minutes)

Crowd, along with the team and management 10/10.

I don't think they liked the Warburton song.

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Its only been an agreement between hibs and hearts in previous seasons, im not sure it'd be the same next year. Hearts have ST holders in the roseburn now so nobody can be given the full roseburn in the league. The reason we got it last year was that it was the cup game and so their STs weren't valid and the clubs came to the agreement to give hibs the full roseburn. If we arent given the full roseburn next season they shouldnt be given the full south stand IMO.

When Hibs played them last season, we received the whole of the Roseburn, but that was only because it was a Scottish Cup game, so Hibs were entitled to 20% of the tickets.

They might have built their new stand* when we play them in the league next season, so they won't need to sell STs in the Roseburn anymore.

* Or they might finish it the following season ;-)

Hutchie
07-01-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't think they liked the Warburton song.

Ha. Now you mention it , that rings true. Probably more the lyrics as it was clear as day, other than Rangers affiliation.

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 10:32 AM
What was the attendance announced at the game?

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 10:38 AM

18,7something

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 10:40 AM
18,7something

Anybody else?

:greengrin

hibee_girl
07-01-2017, 10:43 AM

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Anybody else?

Told you :)

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Told you :)

Since1875Hibs
07-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Home ends looked packed. The Club done well to really shift every last seat. Looked terrific seeing the place packed.

O'Rourke3
07-01-2017, 10:57 AM

This... when they said they'd put home fans in the Roseburn they included matches against the two cheeks and ourselves.Hibs fans could go in the south but the Hearts need put in the sections next to the east,then get kept in.

Sas_The_Hibby
07-01-2017, 11:46 AM

It will be interesting, however, to see if the crowds are as good when we do go up (and I'm not yet assuming that's this season). IMO this season's excellent attendances are largely due to a) the feelgood factor post May 21st, b) every game being a meaningful one and c) watching a winning side, albeit in a lower division. Would attendances be as good if we're mid-table in the Premiership? It's an open question; I really don't know.

Tamhere1875
07-01-2017, 11:50 AM
lets hope the people who where at last nights game turn up at the next home game

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2017, 12:23 PM
It will be interesting, however, to see if the crowds are as good when we do go up (and I'm not yet assuming that's this season). IMO this season's excellent attendances are largely due to a) the feelgood factor post May 21st, b) every game being a meaningful one and c) watching a winning side, albeit in a lower division. Would attendances be as good if we're mid-table in the Premiership? It's an open question; I really don't know.

I'm purely basing my assessment on a continuation of the feel good factor. If we can sell over 11,000 STs for a 3rd season playing the likes of Dumbarton and Morton simply because we won the cup, then winning the league would almost certainly keep these ST holders on board for the next season where we would be playing Hetz, Celtic, Sevco and Aberdeen and not only keep those ST holders but hopefully add a couple of thousand more.

If that was to happen, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, then walk up tickets would be extremely limited in the 3 stands currently being used for home supporters ..... yes if we went on to have a poor season then attendance would probably drop off even amongst ST holders, but for at least the first half of the season we could have a problem fitting in the home support.

hibbysam
07-01-2017, 12:29 PM
This... when they said they'd put home fans in the Roseburn they included matches against the two cheeks and ourselves.Hibs fans could go in the south but the Hearts need put in the sections next to the east,then get kept in.

I'll say it again, they had home fans in the Roseburn stand at every single game two years ago in the Championship, except when Hibs went three, and they gave us the full stand. It would be the same next year and even more so when they have more seats in the home end.

O'Rourke3
07-01-2017, 12:36 PM
I'll say it again, they had home fans in the Roseburn stand at every single game two years ago in the Championship, except when Hibs went three, and they gave us the full stand. It would be the same next year and even more so when they have more seats in the home end.

I can't find the statement but when they went back up to the top league they made their Roseburn Statement and it was clear then there would be no exceptions. There was a long thread on here discussing it too.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 01:40 PM
I have a feeling that Hearts might not sell so many ST's next season.

LaMotta
07-01-2017, 01:42 PM
For all the talk of the importance of 3pm Ko's on a Saturday and the idea that summer football would see far bigger crowds , our 3 largest crowds since redevelopment of ER have been Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evening games in the depths of Winter :hmmm:

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 01:47 PM

I don't think we'll have many attendances anything like last night's but I don't think that's a disaster. As long as the team do well, we can continue to sell 10k plus STs and see crowds regularly over 12k.

That would be a massive improvement over almost every year I've been attending games (30+ years).

SunshineOnLeith
07-01-2017, 01:58 PM
For all the talk of the importance of 3pm Ko's on a Saturday and the idea that summer football would see far bigger crowds , our 3 largest crowds since redevelopment of ER have been Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evening games in the depths of Winter :hmmm:

Evening games are barry, it's the lunchtime kickoffs that need punted.

mghibs
07-01-2017, 03:06 PM

Have to say I almost prefer evening kick offs to 3 o'clock games. Something about being under the floodlights in the evening just makes the experience seem better to me!

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Evening games are barry, it's the lunchtime kickoffs that need punted.

Destroy Sunday kick offs, or if you must, make Monday a holiday.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2017, 03:38 PM

They changed their stance from the beginning of last season where they announced they were selling full season tickets in the Roseburn stand for the first time and, as a result, only 1400 tickets will be available for away supporters.

There was no mention of any special treatment being given to Hibs fans.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cut-away-end-allocations-for-next-season-1-3752960

Ronniekirk
07-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Just shy of 19,000 and the other 1,500 was obviously in the part of South Stand we couldn't (stupidly) sell to Hibs fans.

I've criticised the club enough for this, so now it's time to praise them - they obviously made a concerted effort to resell the returned ST and advance corporate block bookings which wouldn't be used due to the fixture switching to Friday night.

Nice one to all the ST holders who called in and made their tickets available for reissue. It meant that there were far less paid-for-but-empty seats in the three home stands than usual and that helped to generate a great atmosphere.
Well said D B S

California-Hibs
07-01-2017, 04:29 PM
lets hope the people who where at last nights game turn up at the next home game

We've given them every reason to. That's always on the front on my mind whenever we have large attendances. I think - there's a lot here today who might not of been in the habit of going regularly, please Hibs put on a show and get the result.

Last night we done both!

green day
07-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Just seen that Hull V Swansea, FA cup had 6500 today.

Yes, 6500 !!

HoboHarry
07-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Just seen that Hull V Swansea, FA cup had 6500 today.

Yes, 6500 !!
In fairness, I think Hull fans were staging a stay away type protest due to the way the club is being run........

southern hibby
08-01-2017, 12:00 AM
I know Hibs have the early bird scheme for season ticket holders but we should be trying to sell season tickets now, for next season.

Maybe offering new season ticket holders something in return for early sign up and season ticket holders who renew maybe something too. Don't ask me what as I don't know but we should be milking this feel good factor for all its worth to get as many season ticket holders as possible for next season.

And for the pessimist yes we don't know what league we will be in but we can obviously do something that will make fans want to be part of this new adventure in out history.

GGTTH

IWasThere2016
08-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Young Arab fan told me earlier that he'd never heard such loud fans as ours on Friday :greengrin

He was astonished at the response to SJM coming on also :flag:

Seveno
08-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Young Arab fan told me earlier that he'd never heard such loud fans as ours on Friday :greengrin

He was astonished at the response to SJM coming on also :flag:

The roar when he scored was incredible. You would have thought it was the winning goal in the 92nd minute. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
08-01-2017, 06:05 PM
The roar when he scored was incredible. You would have thought it was the winning goal in the 92nd minute. :greengrin

Like this one you mean? :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gzTtcaCZ14

Robinho08
08-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Like this one you mean? :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gzTtcaCZ14

Aw man, still get goose bumps.

Itsnoteasy
08-01-2017, 07:05 PM
I know Hibs have the early bird scheme for season ticket holders but we should be trying to sell season tickets now, for next season.

Maybe offering new season ticket holders something in return for early sign up and season ticket holders who renew maybe something too. Don't ask me what as I don't know but we should be milking this feel good factor for all its worth to get as many season ticket holders as possible for next season.

And for the pessimist yes we don't know what league we will be in but we can obviously do something that will make fans want to be part of this new adventure in out history.

GGTTH

Doesn't matter what league we are in, we are currently one of the most expensive teams to follow at home.

Kavinho
08-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Just noticed we were c500 short of the biggest spfl attendance all season, outside of Glasgow.

(19263, Dons V The Rangers, sept 16)

Brooster
08-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Just noticed we were c500 short of the biggest spfl attendance all season, outside of Glasgow.

Hopefully we will beat that figure soon.

Earlydelivery
08-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Hopefully we will beat that figure soon.
If we had been able to get in the south stand we would've.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 07:51 PM
If we had been able to get in the south stand we would've.
No feedback from the club on how it was handled and what would happen should a similar situation arise?

Dibben
08-01-2017, 07:57 PM

GGTTH

I'd be tempted to offer any new ST holders get into the remaining fixtures for this season. Any existing ST holders get a voucher or similar to Facebook he club shop.

Wouldn't be the most popular idea, but the more Hibs fans in the ground the better!!

Brooster
08-01-2017, 08:33 PM
No feedback from the club on how it was handled and what would happen should a similar situation arise?

Are you expecting Hibs to make an announcement on this?

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Are you expecting Hibs to make an announcement on this?
Not expecting but either hoping some official clarification or unofficial feedback........for many including myself i would have liked the extra seats to go to Hibs and have the south split and potentially have had a bigger crowd

Dibben
08-01-2017, 09:12 PM

So I presume that this was the highest attended game without either side of the OF in many a year??

PatHead
08-01-2017, 09:14 PM

GGTTH

Think March/April is early enough. Already paying one direct debit. Next will just follow on.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 09:16 PM
So I presume that this was the highest attended game without either side of the OF in many a year??
quite possibly outwith Hibs v Hearts - and in the championship too. Probably unlikely to be beaten in the championship for the foreseeable future as Aiden Smith articulated in his Scotsman article.

stantonhibby
08-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Not expecting but either hoping some official clarification or unofficial feedback........for many including myself i would have liked the extra seats to go to Hibs and have the south split and potentially have had a bigger crowd

There were plenty empty seats in the East & FF so I don't see the need to keep banging on about opening up the South for us.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 09:28 PM
There were plenty empty seats in the East & FF so I don't see the need to keep banging on about opening up the South for us.
oK. I respect your opinion but I must say a little surprised. I guess all Im saying is lets make sure we maximize hibs supporters at games in the future if there is a way to do that. Seems to be two schools of thought on this one.

southern hibby
08-01-2017, 10:07 PM
I know folk have said ( in reply to my getting season tickets now for next season) that it's in some cases do able in other cases folk are still paying DD for this season. All I was trying to do is milk the feel good factor at the moment.

The more we sell at present the more that folk undecided want to come to the games. Let's just make sure we make ER next season our out and out highest season ticket sales and see where it takes us.

GGTTH

Golden Bear
08-01-2017, 10:15 PM

A few, yes, but plenty, absolutely not.

GreenCastle
08-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Last 3 home games of season..

Queen of the South
Raith
St Mirren (currently bottom - may be relegated - hopefully so nothing to play for)

If we had a chance to win league by then I could easily see the stadium full of Hibs fans and a low amount of away fans.

Would love to break the 20,000 mark this season. That should be the Hibs marketing for the run in if we are still top..

Gogs07
08-01-2017, 10:35 PM

There were lots of information given prior to the Utd game to season tickets holders that could not attend, to contact the ticket office and release their seats.
I was in the FF upper and there 2 vacant seats beside me. The club need to directly make aware to all season ticket holders, that if they cannot attend any game, that they contact the office ASAP to release the seats.
This is defo needed for season tickets holders that don't monitor threads on .net leading upto and on the day of the game.:agree:

monktonharp
08-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Its only been an agreement between hibs and hearts in previous seasons, im not sure it'd be the same next year. Hearts have ST holders in the roseburn now so nobody can be given the full roseburn in the league. The reason we got it last year was that it was the cup game and so their STs weren't valid and the clubs came to the agreement to give hibs the full roseburn. If we arent given the full roseburn next season they shouldnt be given the full south stand IMO.fully agree. you are correct

Lancs Harp
08-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Regarding Hibs Hearts games, Personally I would rather both clubs give an entire end to visiting fans, given the choice, than just say half an end. Makes the atmosphere much better IMO. Many derbies in England have been ruined atmosphere wise due to restricting away team numbers, hope we dont follow suit.

monktonharp
08-01-2017, 10:48 PM
It will be interesting, however, to see if the crowds are as good when we do go up (and I'm not yet assuming that's this season). IMO this season's excellent attendances are largely due to a) the feelgood factor post May 21st, b) every game being a meaningful one and c) watching a winning side, albeit in a lower division. Would attendances be as good if we're mid-table in the Premiership? It's an open question; I really don't know.ok,so what would you expect if we do get promoted as winners? a half empty stadium for the first match at ER? no feel good factor if we go up that way? c'mon be real. add in the fact that we'd be playing 6 definite (or add in A/deen) say 8 , seriously noisy games at ER next season if we do go up.

stantonhibby
08-01-2017, 10:51 PM
A few, yes, but plenty, absolutely not.

Not thousands no but there were certainly quite a few wee pockets of empty seats. There was a fairly big empty block quite high up in the East sort of in line with the penalty spot at the FF end.

kevinc
08-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Agreed, not aware of anyone who could have attended missing out.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Regarding Hibs Hearts games, Personally I would rather both clubs give an entire end to visiting fans, given the choice, than just say half an end. Makes the atmosphere much better IMO. Many derbies in England have been ruined atmosphere wise due to restricting away team numbers, hope we dont follow suit.

Depends on how Hearts treat us on our next visit to play them at Tynecastle.

If they give us the full Roseburn, they get the full South stand at ER.

If not then we should be looking at restricting their numbers if we have enough demand from Hibs fans.

Kavinho
09-01-2017, 03:25 AM

Dont know about that.

Just that this season to date, outside of Parkhead & Ibrox, the highest attended game was at Pittodrie in Sept, and we were just short of bettering it.

jgl07
09-01-2017, 03:48 AM
I suspect that it was Police Scotland who made the decision.

Bloody Alex Salmond! Merging the police forces in Scotland was the worst move he ever made.

snooky
09-01-2017, 08:22 AM
I suspect that it was Police Scotland who made the decision.

Bloody Alex Salmond! Merging the police forces in Scotland was the worst move he ever made.

I agree with you totally on the Police Scotland issue and I think most of the police forces outside the Weedge would agree with you too. It's been a disaster.

Keith_M
09-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Doesn't matter what league we are in, we are currently one of the most expensive teams to follow at home.

Considering we had over 16k fans at the game on Friday, it doesn't seem to bother people as much as you* might think.

It seems people will pay good money to watch a decent side with something to play for.

* Not you personally, GG, I include myself in that.

hibbysam
09-01-2017, 08:28 AM

None of which were available to buy.

hibbysam
09-01-2017, 08:31 AM
There were lots of information given prior to the Utd game to season tickets holders that could not attend, to contact the ticket office and release their seats.
I was in the FF upper and there 2 vacant seats beside me. The club need to directly make aware to all season ticket holders, that if they cannot attend any game, that they contact the office ASAP to release the seats.
This is defo needed for season tickets holders that don't monitor threads on .net leading upto and on the day of the game.:agree:

Problem with this, is if it is a sell out, the Ticket Office is absolutely heaving. Take last week for example, I tried three times to get through, cut off all three times at the end of the hold music as no one was available. I'm not going to spend ages trying to get through to release my seat. When it is extremely busy, the TO should have an additional member of staff to man the phone, which would take a lot of stress off the rest of the staff and give the fans a point of contact.

Keith_M
09-01-2017, 08:34 AM
None of which were available to buy.

:agree:

The home end was Sold Out. It makes no difference if some people with tickets didn't turn up.

The club can't control how many ST holders make their seats available if they're not attending, so if that situation arises again, they need to be ready for it.

macca70
09-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Problem with this, is if it is a sell out, the Ticket Office is absolutely heaving. Take last week for example, I tried three times to get through, cut off all three times at the end of the hold music as no one was available. I'm not going to spend ages trying to get through to release my seat. When it is extremely busy, the TO should have an additional member of staff to man the phone, which would take a lot of stress off the rest of the staff and give the fans a point of contact.

Or have a facility where you can release it online or by sending an email.

hibbysam
09-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Or have a facility where you can release it online or by sending an email.

Absolutely. Although emails rarely get replied to as well. My online account is locked out, presumably for failed password attempts, and I emailed the club before Xmas to get it unlocked. No reply, hence my phone calls last week, and it still isn't sorted. At least if you have one member of staff focused solely on correspondence, then more of these issues will be dealt with in an efficient time frame. I am going to have to try and call today again to get tickets for Bonnyrigg game.

When we are selling as many tickets as we are, the more bodies available the better.

I agree with the online system though, I don't think it would be too much additional work to have the option on the Eticketing website.

Sas_The_Hibby
09-01-2017, 10:33 AM
ok,so what would you expect if we do get promoted as winners? a half empty stadium for the first match at ER? no feel good factor if we go up that way? c'mon be real. add in the fact that we'd be playing 6 definite (or add in A/deen) say 8 , seriously noisy games at ER next season if we do go up.

I asked a fair question and clearly said I didn't know what would happen, based on the fact that our current attendances are better than they have been in the Premiership in a very long time. I didn't say anything about a half empty stadium or that there would be no feelgood factor.

"Be real" yourself.