PDA

View Full Version : Hibees in the away end?

givescotlandfreedom
06-01-2017, 11:51 PM
So did anybody brave it and go in the away end to see the game? Plenty of examples where Hibees have had to sit in the home end at Tynecastle, Parkhead or wherever but there can't be many where you'd have to sit among the others at home to get in.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Two Dundee Utd fans a couple of rows behind me in West Lower.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 12:55 AM
Two Dundee Utd fans a couple of rows behind me in West Lower.
But why?

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Who knows??? Utterly bizarre, one had Dundee Utd hat and scarf on, because we won so easily they were merely humoured, very strange though.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 01:05 AM
Who knows??? Utterly bizarre, one had Dundee Utd hat and scarf on, because we won so easily they were merely humoured, very strange though.
plenty room at their own end. maybe someone offered them two free season tickets (same gender, wrong team)

Green Diet
07-01-2017, 01:09 AM
How full did the away end seem ? We're there are any hibs fans in the away end celebrating the goals??

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 01:17 AM
How full did the away end seem ? We're there are any hibs fans in the away end celebrating the goals??
apparently just over 2300 according to the Courier. Maybe 200 hibs fans then?

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 01:18 AM
plenty room at their own end. maybe someone offered them two free season tickets (same gender, wrong team)

I saw them approach turnstiles & assumed they were half daft and had joined the wrong queue- was amazed to see they got in.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 01:21 AM
I saw them approach turnstiles & assumed they were half daft and had joined the wrong queue- was amazed to see they got in.
so they got in with United colours on yet we have our own fans turned away if they use a friend or family members ticket........

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 01:31 AM
so they got in with United colours on yet we have our own fans turned away if they use a friend or family members ticket........

Yes! I haven't even thought of that.

McD
07-01-2017, 08:17 AM

Really poor, you'd think the stewards are more bothered about the right name matching a ticket and less bothered about possible argy bargy and possible physical violence

... and presumably they aren't the usual occupiers of those seats, so how come they weren't checked to make sure they were the ticket holders, especially with Utd colours?!

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Really poor, you'd think the stewards are more bothered about the right name matching a ticket and less bothered about possible argy bargy and possible physical violence

... and presumably they aren't the usual occupiers of those seats, so how come they weren't checked to make sure they were the ticket holders, especially with Utd colours?!

FFS were not the ORCS -surely fans can come in our end without fear of getting their heads kicked in.

I was at Wembley in the England end and I wasn't quiet -not for one minute did i even think about safety .

We live in peculiar times

McD
07-01-2017, 08:25 AM
FFS were not the ORCS -surely fans can come in our end without fear of getting their heads kicked in.

I was at Wembley in the England end and I wasn't quiet -not for one minute did i even think about safety .

We live in peculiar times

I wouldn't have thought about assaulting them either, but given we had drunken Hibs fans threatening other Hibs fans just a few weeks ago, is it that far a stretch to see a potential situation developing, especially if they'd scored first and celebrated?

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't have thought about assaulting them either, but given we had drunken Hibs fans threatening other Hibs fans just a few weeks ago, is it that far a stretch to see a potential situation developing, especially if they'd scored first and celebrated?

I have not lived in Scotland for 20 years -if that is where we are at -god help us.

McD
07-01-2017, 08:36 AM
I have not lived in Scotland for 20 years -if that is where we are at -god help us.

As I said mate, I wouldn't have had a pop at them (maybe a bit of good natured verbals :greengrin), but given that the Dunbar end couldn't be used for home fans due to segregation issues, it does seem odd that Utd fans wearing colours got in among the home fans. And as pointed out, when Hibs fans are being turned away because they aren't the ticket holder (which I presume these weren't either), it's strange they got through the turnstile and past stewards.

I suppose the upshot is, Hibs got an excellent win, these 2 fans (hopefully) didn't get anything other than some banter, got home safe along with every other fan, no harm done.

The_Horde
07-01-2017, 08:54 AM
A certain hibs legend who has both managed and played for us had his family sitting in the DU end whilst he was in hospitality.

Brightside
07-01-2017, 09:18 AM
The west is for your more refined fan. We get opposing fans in there every week.

07-01-2017, 09:32 AM
A certain hibs legend who has both managed and played for us had his family sitting in the DU end whilst he was in hospitality.

Mixu I imagine

Golden Bear
07-01-2017, 09:34 AM

Or John Collins. I saw him in the BTG prior to kick off.

H18 SFR
07-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Six of my mates were meant to be heading to the United end. One got a Hibs ticket and two stayed in the pub. The other three made it in remained unnoticed.

Golden Bear
07-01-2017, 09:37 AM
The west is for your more refined fan. We get opposing fans in there every week.

Really? They're all fellow Hibs nutters round about me!

:greengrin

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Really? They're all fellow Hibs nutters round about me!

:greengrin

refined in context to the east maybe !

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 10:10 AM
See pic.

The_Horde
07-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Mixu I imagine

Nope.

Hibbyradge
07-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Mixu I imagine

Jackie Mac.

Andy74
07-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Jackie Mac.

Managed and played for us?

oneone73
07-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Managed and played for us?

Senior?

H18 SFR
07-01-2017, 10:32 AM
See pic.

Doesn't look the full pint.

Spike Mandela
07-01-2017, 10:36 AM
See pic.

Jim Spence's Maw?

Nameless
07-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Nope.
Alex Millar?

RyeSloan
07-01-2017, 11:38 AM
See pic.

What an odd thing to do...I get the fact they might have got a Hibs end ticket for one reason or another but who the hell would then deck themselves out in the oppositions colours before ensconcing themselves in amongst thousands of home fans. Bizarre!

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Jim Spence's Maw?
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin made me laugh that one....

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 11:45 AM
What an odd thing to do...I get the fact they might have got a Hibs end ticket for one reason or another but who the hell would then deck themselves out in the oppositions colours before ensconcing themselves in amongst thousands of home fans. Bizarre!

Indeed, nobody could quite believe it, this was in the block right behind home dugout- prime seats, very few non -ST in there.

SON OF PADDY
07-01-2017, 11:54 AM
You're not telling me that's a Woman ???

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 11:59 AM
You're not telling me that's a Woman ???

Its from Dundee, they make them different up there. Quite why they are allowed to reproduce north of Edinburgh is beyond me. :no way:

WHAM
07-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Might have been a Utd fan going to the game with Hibs supporting friends or family. A bit daft to then wear Dundee united colours but if they weren't shouting their head off don't see what the problem is.

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 12:12 PM
"alright dear, I've got you a special xmas present..two tickets to see our team United in the big game against Hibs early in January...should be a smashing treat....no no, I didn't get them from my brother who is a Hibee...yes, I know he is away on holiday at the time....trust me..."

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2017, 12:17 PM
She's maybe there with her Hibs supporting husband / dad / pals?

Don't see a problem at all.

Andy Bee
07-01-2017, 12:36 PM
This is absolutely unbelievable, anyone remember this thread? LINK (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?316720-Woman-fighting-after-the-match&p=4871654&highlight=#post4871654)

That woman in the pic was the one who beat the crap out the Golf. :faf:

snooky
07-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Some disappointing comments on here.
ER should be a place where the decent fans of other teams are made welcome.
A wee bit of banters fine, IMO (e.g. JS's maw :greengrin) but nae need for personal jibes.

SunshineOnLeith
07-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Indeed, nobody could quite believe it, this was in the block right behind home dugout- prime seats, very few non -ST in there.

Compos go in there, don't they? Maybe they got freebies.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2017, 04:10 PM
It's ridiculous that we're allowing people, who are obviously Dundee Utd fans, into the home end (especially when there was plenty of room in their end) and we're turning away friends and family of season ticket holders who are given the season ticket for the day and are there to support Hibs.

Hedlund12
07-01-2017, 08:17 PM

I had an opposing fan sitting behind me in the West Lower yesterday! He had his knees in my back until his Hibs supporting mate noticed my death stare and got him to move them.
Two Hibs goals and no reaction from this guy at all.
When our third went in and I'd stopped jumping around like a radge.. I said to him "you are clearly not a Hibs fan are you?"
"No I'm a Rangers" he said
Part of me wished I'd had a cup of coffee or other substance! I could have tripped with and chucked over him.
Or the odd coin I could have bounced of his head but I was enjoying myself too much and TBH.... it's not Hibs Class!
Right on queue the Warburton's a fud song erupted...
I hope he enjoyed that, the result and his night out at the Scottish Cup holders ground!!! ��

O'Rourke3
08-01-2017, 12:26 AM
I had an opposing fan sitting behind me in the West Lower yesterday! He had his knees in my back until his Hibs supporting mate noticed my death stare and got him to move them.
Two Hibs goals and no reaction from this guy at all.
When our third went in and I'd stopped jumping around like a radge.. I said to him "you are clearly not a Hibs fan are you?"
"No I'm a Rangers" he said
Part of me wished I'd had a cup of coffee or other substance! I could have tripped with and chucked over him.
Or the odd coin I could have bounced of his head but I was enjoying myself too much and TBH.... it's not Hibs Class!
Right on queue the Warburton's a fud song erupted...
I hope he enjoyed that, the result and his night out at the Scottish Cup holders ground!!! ��
Too late to commiserate with him on the demise of his club and enquire how he gets his football fix these days then?