PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

Diclonius
06-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Great to see him back in the team and back scoring. He worked very hard off the ball tonight in addition to his two goals.

Thegreenside
06-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Agreed! Needs to start swinging that right foot at the ball tho

XXIVMMXVI
06-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Agreed! Needs to start swinging that right foot at the ball tho

He really does! We were discussing this after the game and it's so frustrating watching him trying to cut back rather than letting loose with that right foot.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 11:33 PM
even mild mannered me was standing up shouting on him to use that damn right foot :greengrin

but anyway, after tonight i've put his valuation upwards again to 1.2 million(without add-ons)

sbell1875
07-01-2017, 12:44 AM
I tweeted after the game if Cummings had a right foot he'd get 10-15 more goals a season.

What concerns me is that he doesn't seem to do any work on his right foot at training and if he does it's never seen during a game.

That said, he was fantastic tonight and added another 2 goals to his tally for the season.

macca70
07-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Just needs to cut out the tantrums when things don't go his way, waving arms about, slow getting back up and into position but I suppose that what makes some of these guys the unique characters and talent they are.

wookie70
07-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Thought he was excellent tonight and is scoring a goal every 92 mins in the league. Held the ball up well play up top on his own and could have got his hatrick if he just trusted himself to hit it with his right. Two opportunities to swing his standing foot from around 20 yards. Mind you there are a few players who are shot shy with their good foot so I wouldn't be too critical. Cummings gets better every season and has the knack of scoring in big games. He could easily play at a much higher level with some luck and lots of hard work.

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Said it on another thread but it's no coincidence that Cummings finds himself in these positions to score supposedly easy goals.

By no means perfect but FFS he deserves a lot of credit.

People commented on the transfer window/Humphrey threads were spot on - Cummings will thrive with the service he'll get from Humphrey

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 12:59 AM
First half possibly his best ever 45.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 01:07 AM
hard to tell from TV but he did brilliantly to anticipate and get on the end of that cross

truehibernian
07-01-2017, 01:15 AM
First half, clinical, worked hard, good goals, perfect 45 minutes.

For me though, second half showed his immaturity and at times dare I say unprofessional approach - harsh I know, but his decision making second half, and his general lacklustre approach irked me.

Love him, but he needs to work for 90 and be a team player. I thought he was only thinking 'hattrick' at times second half.

Commons was below par the whole game though - clearly under the weather.

Bartley immense - best game in a Hibs jersey for me.

Bishop Hibee
07-01-2017, 02:08 AM
Second only to Bartley tonight. Goal machine.

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2017, 02:25 AM
Showed Cummings' goals on Sky News after the Man City report. Just added a few grand to his value!

Only mentioned McGinn's goal :confused:

CMurdoch
07-01-2017, 02:38 AM
I have been a critic of his tantrums, annoying the ref etc as well as his work off the ball, hold up play, decision making etc
We all know what a great goal scorer he is and the timing of his run across the front post for the second goal was great.
He has a lot to learn and I think he is trying to progress again after getting a flea in his ear from Lennon.

Commons was pretty anonymous again tonight but I think he is also having a good influence on Cummings.
He spoke to him throughout the game and Jason seemed to be listening for a change.
This seemed to have a positive effect on his decision making and he played really well on and off the ball until Commons was substituted when he reverted to his daft selfish Jason play.

Libby Hibby
07-01-2017, 07:52 AM
(I'm probably his biggest critic) but he was outstanding last night

McD
07-01-2017, 08:12 AM
First half, clinical, worked hard, good goals, perfect 45 minutes.

For me though, second half showed his immaturity and at times dare I say unprofessional approach - harsh I know, but his decision making second half, and his general lacklustre approach irked me.

Love him, but he needs to work for 90 and be a team player. I thought he was only thinking 'hattrick' at times second half.

Commons was below par the whole game though - clearly under the weather.

Bartley immense - best game in a Hibs jersey for me.

:agree: All of this

Unseen work
07-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Tbf you can't blame him for not using his right foot when you see his attempt he had with it in the first half, after a peach of a cross from Stevenson, albeit it got flagged as offside...

Keep doing what you're doing jase, keep working hard in training and games and you will get your big move.

The lad will always have people trying to knock him down for this or that but for me, a striker that scores a lot of goals is a good striker.

Sammy7nil
07-01-2017, 11:02 AM
I have not always been complimentary about Jason and his work rate but i thought he was great last night. The time he spent on the bench may yet end up being a very valuable lesson. Keep up the good work.

Eyrie
07-01-2017, 12:28 PM
hard to tell from TV but he did brilliantly to anticipate and get on the end of that cross

Looked to me that Cummings pointed for the ball to the near post.

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2017, 12:50 PM
^^

He did.

As soon as Humphrey touched the ball Cummings shouted and pointed to where he wanted the ball to go. Humphrey duly deliverrrred.

my left peg
07-01-2017, 12:50 PM
The time to work on a players 'weaker foot ' is when they are six years old and upwards..

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
07-01-2017, 01:03 PM
To be fair to Cummings it's fairly common for left sided players to be very one sided and rarely use their right foot.

Even some of the top left footed players to have played the game were the same.

southsider
07-01-2017, 01:06 PM
The time to work on a players 'weaker foot ' is when they are six years old and upwards..

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

When GB arrived in Manchester he was all left foot. Worked day & night on his right so much fans could not tell what was his stronger foot. Jason ain't no GB but Jason practice makes perfect. Add a right foot to your game and the world is at those 2 feet.

Chip shop Joe
07-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Did I hear correctly that when Lennon was interviewed he was asked if he thought that would be Cummings last game for Hibs? If so Lennon was not exactly emphatic that it was not!

R'Albin
07-01-2017, 01:09 PM

Said the same to my Dad at the time. That first goal was textbook JC, intelligent positioning, great touch and the finish was never in any doubt.

As for his value, if we were getting offered 1.7 million at the start of the season then he must be worth more than that now. He had a spell out the team but when he has been playing he's been even more clinical than last season. Lennon seems to have got the best out of him.

07-01-2017, 01:10 PM
I tweeted after the game if Cummings had a right foot he'd get 10-15 more goals a season.

What concerns me is that he doesn't seem to do any work on his right foot at training and if he does it's never seen during a game.

That said, he was fantastic tonight and added another 2 goals to his tally for the season.

Agreed. He had a few chances last night where he could have gotten a shot away with his right foot but didn't as he kept trying to cut it back onto his left.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Cummings was all things people above have said. I think he'll really start punishing teams in the six yard box now we have the comedy duo of width and pace.

greenlex
07-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Probably be in the minority but if a decent offer was made we should cash in. I reckon Keatings would bag a good few given a decent run as well as working a wee bit harder when required. Only my opinion likes.

ardecos
07-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Did I hear correctly that when Lennon was interviewed he was asked if he thought that would be Cummings last game for Hibs? If so Lennon was not exactly emphatic that it was not!

Commons?

Dinkydoo
07-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Commons?
It was Commons. NL was asked before and after the game about him and the answer was he didn't know; it's the next thing to deal with now that he got his man Humphrey

Chip shop Joe
07-01-2017, 02:03 PM
It was Commons. NL was asked before and after the game about him and the answer was he didn't know; it's the next thing to deal with now that he got his man Humphrey

Excellent must have had my Gaelic ears on!

AgentDaleCooper
07-01-2017, 09:54 PM
(to the tune of 'leigh griffiths, he's one of our own')

:singing:

jason cummings-
he's daft as a brush
he's daft as a brush

:singing:

:flag::flag::flag:

lord bunberry
07-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Give him the ball in the right area he will score goals. We've been waiting years for someone like him. In all the years I've been supporting hibs there's never been a more natural finisher than JC , Keith Wright is the only player to come close.

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Griffiths, Riordan, Stokes, Mixu, O'Connor ??!

O'Rourke3
07-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Had a great game last night. The thing he really confused me with was (maybe) his last run. He came in from the left and chose to go right. Given he spends most of the game trying to get to that foot that one perplexed me.

jacomo
07-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Yup we've had a few great finishers since Keith!

All the more reason to recognise what we've got. I would certainly not be happy to see him leave this month. He scores goals.

lord bunberry
07-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Griffiths, Riordan, Stokes, Mixu, O'Connor ??!

None of them were as natural finishers as Cummings. All of them were better all round players, but not better finishers. I say that whilst admitting that deeks is my favourite hibs player of all time.

Jonnyboy
07-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Said it on another thread but it's no coincidence that Cummings finds himself in these positions to score supposedly easy goals.

By no means perfect but FFS he deserves a lot of credit.

People commented on the transfer window/Humphrey threads were spot on - Cummings will thrive with the service he'll get from Humphrey

:agree:

Unseen work
07-01-2017, 11:21 PM
I love Cummings, I really do.

For me he is like what any fan would be playing for hibs, excitable, bit radge and have a bit of a laugh at the same time.

We are all Jason Cummings.

Big L
08-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Showed a wee bit maturity when he was being interviewed by the TV guy, no so much of the daft laddie. Good to see!

AZhibee
08-01-2017, 12:39 AM
What's with that little wobbly walk he does after scores?

Johnny_Leith
08-01-2017, 12:52 AM
What's with that little wobbly walk he does after scores?

Connor McGregor impression.

Researched the game, confirmed my thoughts at the game that he was excellent throughout. His interview afterwards contained no banter or the like, a new level of maturity perhaps?

GreenLake
08-01-2017, 04:45 AM
A great an unpredictable talent we are lucky to have.

Cabbage East
08-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Connor McGregor impression.

Researched the game, confirmed my thoughts at the game that he was excellent throughout. His interview afterwards contained no banter or the like, a new level of maturity perhaps?

He's been media coached.

I thought he was excellent on Friday, he'll always be a rough diamond though and so folk will always pick at his flaws. Personally think he's the kind of player that we should enjoy watching rather than pick apart.

green day
08-01-2017, 07:22 AM
He's been media coached.

I thought he was excellent on Friday, he'll always be a rough diamond though and so folk will always pick at his flaws. Personally think he's the kind of player that we should enjoy watching rather than pick apart.

Agreed. At some point we will lose JC & SJM. We need to just enjoy what we have right now.

P.s. JC 2nd the other day, timing and position reminded me of the Hearts replay last season. Early goal in front of their fans, game over.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Give him the ball in the right area he will score goals. We've been waiting years for someone like him. In all the years I've been supporting hibs there's never been a more natural finisher than JC , Keith Wright is the only player to come close.

If he was that good a finisher he'd have had a hat-trick in the first fifteen minutes against Dundee U, as he twice failed to control the ball in front of goal for what would have been straightforward goal-scoring opportunities. If you mean he's a great finisher in situations where someone else controls the ball for him, you may have a point. He also misses far more sitters than Griffiths etc.

danhibees1875
08-01-2017, 11:50 AM
If he was that good a finisher he'd have had a hat-trick in the first fifteen minutes against Dundee U, as he twice failed to control the ball in front of goal for what would have been straightforward goal-scoring opportunities. If you mean he's a great finisher in situations where someone else controls the ball for him, you may have a point. He also misses far more sitters than Griffiths etc.

Cummings can sometimes be guilty of trying to break the net and end up smashing one on ones right at the keeper where a bit more composure is needed. His movement within the box is fantastic and one touch goals with little time to think is where he is great.

Riordan was the best finisher at Hibs that I've seen.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 12:33 PM

But not near as many as Boyle etc, he is by FAR our best finisher and with him in the team we will win this League.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2017, 12:58 PM
But not near as many as Boyle etc, he is by FAR our best finisher and with him in the team we will win this League.

On Friday: Cummings at least four genuine chances, two goals; McGinn no genuine chances, 1 goal. McGinn's ratio is better. More than enough evidence to counter your wild claim. :wink:

Earlydelivery
08-01-2017, 01:05 PM
If I caught him in bed wi Ma mrs , I'd tuck him in .

greenlex
08-01-2017, 01:06 PM
On Friday: Cummings at least four genuine chances, two goals; McGinn no genuine chances, 1 goal. McGinn's ratio is better. More than enough evidence to counter your wild claim. :wink:

I reckon Keatings is a decent shout too.

Unseen work
08-01-2017, 01:11 PM
It's easy to finish when there is no pressure on you or the team or when the angle is right.

Cummings tends to score no matter the chance.

I would guess 90% of Keatings goals for us have been very similar.

Cummings has the predator instinct and it's that that gets him so many chances in the box.

His movement and positioning is second to none.

He is our best finisher.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Although SJM is a far better player than Jason, he is nowhere near as good a finisher, to suggest otherwise is just plain daft.

lord bunberry
08-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Every striker on the planet misses chances. It's all about how they deal with that. JC keeps coming back and he keeps scoring. The amount of times he gets the crucial 1st goal is also very impressive.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Every striker on the planet misses chances. It's all about how they deal with that. JC keeps coming back and he keeps scoring. The amount of times he gets the crucial 1st goal is also very impressive.

Did Riordan and Griffiths dissolve into nervous wrecks when they missed chances? No. They kept scoring. Why do you think Cummings should get some sort of extra credit for it? :dunno:

lord bunberry
08-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Did Riordan and Griffiths dissolve into nervous wrecks when they missed chances? No. They kept scoring. Why do you think Cummings should get some sort of extra credit for it? :dunno:
I didn't say he should get extra credit, I said imo he was the most natural finisher we've had at hibs in my time of watching them.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Showed Cummings' goals on Sky News after the Man City report. Just added a few grand to his value!

Only mentioned McGinn's goal :confused:

Eh?

They showed Cummins' goal, but only mentioned McGinn's? :confused:

WoreTheGreen
08-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Eh?

Watched sky news at about 9am i could swear they called SJM Niall Mcginn. Can anyone confirm this?

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 02:20 PM

Have I missed something ? When did Jason dissolve into a nervous wreck ?

I wasn't his greatest fan, and still have my doubts about him, especially after that penalty, but there is no better finisher in our current squad, absolutely none.

Seveno
08-01-2017, 02:27 PM

For me he is like what any fan would be playing for hibs, excitable, bit radge and have a bit of a laugh at the same time.

:thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
08-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Eh?

Yup, was on the main Sky news that night. Showed the first 2 goals, mention Jason by name then go on to say that McGinn added a 3rd but didn't show it.

I thought it was weird. Maybe it's because they think folk down south have heard of Cummings??

lapsedhibee
08-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Have I missed something ? When did Jason dissolve into a nervous wreck ?

I wasn't his greatest fan, and still have my doubts about him, especially after that penalty, but there is no better finisher in our current squad, absolutely none.

I agree then. He can't shoot with his right foot or score one on ones, but he's a great finisher. Ranks with Reilly and Baker, J.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 03:56 PM
I agree then. He can't shoot with his right foot or score one on ones, but he's a great finisher. Ranks with Reilly and Baker, J.

You've not seen much of him if you think he can't score 1 0n 1's :confused:

Is It On....
08-01-2017, 09:33 PM

And someone who likes giving it a big GIRFUY to you know who..he winds them up more than any other player!!

Is It On....
08-01-2017, 09:37 PM

Good as he is, my dad would have a fit if he ever heard JC being compared to those two players.

West lower
08-01-2017, 09:49 PM

You are either at the wind up or on glue.

ancient hibee
08-01-2017, 09:58 PM
You are either at the wind up or on glue.
Think you'll find he's being slightly sarcastic.

The Spaceman
08-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Love JC...we are very lucky to have him. Guaranteed goals which is not easy to come by, particularly in our division!