PDA

View Full Version : Trouble after the game?

KeithTheHibby
06-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Being reported on social media. Anyone hear or see anything?

06-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Hearing on twitter that a Utd fan was stabbed. Hope to God thats not true.

O'Rourke3
06-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Was going to ask if anyone knew what was going on towards the top of Easter Road. Looked like a lot of flashing lights.

weonlywon6-2
06-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Any update on this at all ???

KeithTheHibby
06-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Hearing on twitter that a Utd fan was stabbed. Hope to God thats not true.

Pretty much what I noticed on FB.

Paisley Hibby
06-01-2017, 10:15 PM
Was going to ask if anyone knew what was going on towards the top of Easter Road. Looked like a lot of flashing lights.

As far as I could see that was nothing to do with football supporters. When I went past It looked like somebody had been knocked down by a car well before the end of the match. Just hope they are OK

Pretty Boy
06-01-2017, 10:16 PM
I was late getting out the ground and by the time I made it to Easter Road the Police were already leaving. Can't see that being the case if the '2 United fans stabbed, 1 Hibs fan dead' rumour that seems to be the favourite on Twitter and Facebook is true.

If there has been stabbings and/or a fatality surely a mainstream media source would have picked up on it by now.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Reading on Facebook that two Dundee Utd fans were stabbed and a Hibs fan is dead. Hopefully crap on all fronts.

Itsnoteasy
06-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Plenty polis at top ER & LR. 10 of them had 3 mature males pinned against the shops. Never seen what led up to it.

Elephant Stone
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Someone was getting stretchered into an ambulance near Middletons when I was going past, not sure if it was violence related but there were loads and loads of police there too. Really, really hope that those are just rumours.

Hibs90
06-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Somebody on Twitter said they were talking to United fans on the train after the game and the United fans said that the United fan was drunk and fell onto the road and got knocked over.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Cops had at least one I could see in handcuffs in van while ambulance was dealing with casuaty That's all I saw.

Cheshire Hibby
06-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Sales assistant in the off licence at the spot where the multiple police vehicles and ambulance were on ER, said there had been trouble between rival fans. At least one person being treated by medics when we passed.

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:23 PM
If someone was killed they wouldn't have let thousands of folk walk through the crime scene I'd hope.

The police weren't questioning anyone, they were stopping traffic. There were paramedics helping someone on the ground and just one ambulance.

2 stabbings and a fatality would involve a lot more emergency services I'd have thought.

My guess is that someone got knocked down. The cars there weren't damaged and they let a few taxis drive through.

Hopefully it just looked a lot a lot worse than it was.

hibby6270
06-01-2017, 10:24 PM
If Easter Road was blocked at top, it would explain why the foot of Easter Road was devoid of cars after game. It's usually chocca. As I was obviously going in opposite direction towards the Links, can't comment on any potential trouble. Only to say, saw no police cars coming from Queen Charlotte Street station. If it was that serious would have expected some action from them from there? No sirens either as I recall.

lyonhibs
06-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Saw lights zooming by heading towards the top of ER as I started the long and fruitless wait to get served at the Office. Saw nothing untowards on ER itself 5 minutes later though

trev the hat
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
I walked up ER to Regent Rd at 10.15pm no issues & police looked like returning after seeing away coaches depart.

mutley
06-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a lot of Chinese whispers to me. I'm sure if it's anything serious it will
Be reported in the various media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
From STV Edinburgh...

A man is in hospital after suffering a head injury outside a football stadium in Edinburgh.

Police confirmed the man was hurt after Hibernian played Dundee Utd in a Scottish Championship match at Easter Road stadium on Friday night.

The incident came amid reports of violence between rival supporters after the game.

More than 18,000 fans attended the fixture in Edinburgh's Leith area.

Police attended the scene at around 9.30pm on Easter Road.

The man's condition is not yet known, and he remains in hospital receiving treatment for his injuries.

KWJ
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Police were called for a 'large disturbance'. Dunno what happened but I'd also heard that they had expected casuals to clash.

Hope nothing major happened and pleased to say that I saw bugger all bother as I walked down ER.

givescotlandfreedom
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I walked past about a dozen of third casuals on Regent Road at about 11 in a Hibs jacket. Wasn't feeling too smart about it but they didn't look the road I was on.

RoYO!
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Police were taking statements at the top of ER. They also had a few guys surrounded on Waterloo place. The guys really weren't happy about it!

macca70
06-01-2017, 10:49 PM
https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1377466-man-in-hospital-amid-reports-of-violence-after-football-match/?utm_content=buffer07f69&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM
https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1377466-man-in-hospital-amid-reports-of-violence-after-football-match/?utm_content=buffer07f69&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Apparently reporting a man taken to hospital with head injuries. Hope he is okay.

brianmc
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Reading on Facebook that two Dundee Utd fans were stabbed and a Hibs fan is dead. Hopefully crap on all fronts.

Tine to come off Facebook I'd suggest?

*assuming this is pish as per usual?

camthebam
06-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Saw lights zooming by heading towards the top of ER as I started the long and fruitless wait to get served at the Office. Saw nothing untowards on ER itself 5 minutes later though

Almost certainly an automobile incident and didn't look pretty. Ambulances, police cars, stretchers and neck braces and, I'm not certain, but looked liked someone trapped under a car from what I saw from a brief glimpse. Kinda boozy so not entirely reliable but that's how I saw it.

gramskiwood
06-01-2017, 11:12 PM
I was told there were tooled up DUFC casuals in Tamsons before the game

Jones28
06-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Somebody on Twitter said they were talking to United fans on the train after the game and the United fans said that the United fan was drunk and fell onto the road and got knocked over.

We were chatting to a very drunk DUFC fan in JT on Elm row pre match, hope it's not the case!

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2017, 11:18 PM

I was in Tamsons from just after 6pm till 7:30 and never saw anybody who looked like trouble.

Pete
06-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Almost certainly an automobile incident and didn't look pretty. Ambulances, police cars, stretchers and neck braces and, I'm not certain, but looked liked someone trapped under a car from what I saw from a brief glimpse. Kinda boozy so not entirely reliable but that's how I saw it.

It looked like a parked car the boy was lying under and there weren't any non-police vehicles there that looked like they were involved.

Probably just someone who came off second best in a fight.

macca70
06-01-2017, 11:30 PM

What, couple of plumbers straight from their work?

Amazing how much p!sh folk can talk

Galahibby
06-01-2017, 11:33 PM
If someone was killed they wouldn't have let thousands of folk walk through the crime scene I'd hope.

The police weren't questioning anyone, they were stopping traffic. There were paramedics helping someone on the ground and just one ambulance.

2 stabbings and a fatality would involve a lot more emergency services I'd have thought.

My guess is that someone got knocked down. The cars there weren't damaged and they let a few taxis drive through.

Hopefully it just looked a lot a lot worse than it was.

Pretty much my thoughts. The police seemed fairly relaxed, and there was only one ambulance, so the whole reaction seemed more in keeping with someone being knocked over by a car than a potential murder. Who knows though?

gramskiwood
06-01-2017, 11:38 PM
I was in Tamsons from just after 6pm till 7:30 and never saw anybody who looked like trouble.

Maybe it was later?

camthebam
06-01-2017, 11:41 PM
It looked like a parked car the boy was lying under and there weren't any non-police vehicles there that looked like they were involved.

Probably just someone who came off second best in a fight.

Possible, aye. I didn't look too hard tbh.

Paisley Hibby
06-01-2017, 11:46 PM

As far as I could see that was nothing to do with football supporters. When I went past It looked like somebody had been knocked down by a car well before the end of the match. Just hope they are OK

Stax
07-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Hibs official twitter rubbishing claims of any stabbing. As an aside Dundee & Utd casuals never used to travel away, times change I suppose, don't know if this is the case nowadays.

wearehibernian
07-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Hibs official twitter rubbishing claims of any stabbing. As an aside Dundee & Utd casuals never used to travel away, times change I suppose, don't know if this is the case nowadays.

I saw the 'utility' in duke street on my way up to the game. Around 30 of them, pretty pissed up and singing about how they are the 'utility'. Hope all rumours are bull****.

'mon the beers
07-01-2017, 12:57 AM
I nipped into the Hibs club for a pint before heading into town. Jumped in a taxi just after 10 and the boy said there had been a bit of bother at the top of ER but nothing serious. Hope the guy who was taken away is OK, I've said before no matter who you support you should get home safe after a game. GGTTH

Since1875Hibs
07-01-2017, 04:46 AM
Some amount of ****ing gob*****s on here.

Pete
07-01-2017, 05:34 AM

They're everywhere. There's probably gob*****s in groups that you are affiliated with too.

What's your point? If you're upset about what someone has said or anyone who has been hurt then try to be a bit more articulate. We're not mind readers.

Mikey
07-01-2017, 06:10 AM

Whoever made that up should be ashamed of themselves.

J-C
07-01-2017, 11:00 AM
My mate seen it all, drunken Dundee United supporter in Easter Rd staggered and fell into the traffic and hit his face in the ground, people need to know the facts before reporting guff.

northstandhibby
07-01-2017, 11:05 AM
My mate seen it all, drunken Dundee United supporter in Easter Rd staggered and fell into the traffic and hit his face in the ground, people need to know the facts before reporting guff.

If that's true and I would not doubt you for a second bud then who was guilty of attempting to taint both sets of supporters???

Stv reported the alleged stabbings and hibs fan fatality. Wouldn't put it past the media to put out fabricated lies. Stv's parent group SMG were once benefactors of the Yams!!!

Albeit I'm very happy indeed to learn of no such incidents took place but someone deliberately put it out there.

Glory Glory

Tamhere1875
07-01-2017, 11:07 AM
West of Scotland media at it again

07-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Thankfully the stabbing rumour appears to be bull****. Shame on any media outlet who reported such thing when it appears to be nothing but a rumour. Why someone would start such a rumour is bizarre but glad that it is only just that.

Hope whoever got injured is alright. As a previous poster rightly said, regardless of who you support, everyone deserves to get too and from the game safely. Sad end to the guys night getting hospitalised.

greenlex
07-01-2017, 11:13 AM
There were a group of Utd fans surrounded by police up on Regents Road beside the supporters buses challenging any Hibs fans to a scrap. They had been herded up to their buses after the incident.

Jack Hackett
07-01-2017, 11:23 AM
If that's true and I would not doubt you for a second bud then who was guilty of attempting to taint both sets of supporters???

Stv reported the alleged stabbings and hibs fan fatality. Wouldn't put it past the media to put out fabricated lies. Stv's parent group SMG were once benefactors of the Yams!!!

Albeit I'm very happy indeed to learn of no such incidents took place but someone deliberately put it out there.

Glory Glory

Look no further than 'Social Media'. Mainstream outlets jump on fb and twitter postings and cover their position by adding 'alleged' somewhere in their articles. It's nothing more than rumour mongering in the guise of sensationalist news reporting

...not like it's the first time it's happened :rolleyes:

northstandhibby
07-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Look no further than 'Social Media'. Mainstream outlets jump on fb and twitter postings and cover their position by adding 'alleged' somewhere in their articles. It's nothing more than rumour mongering in the guise of sensationalist news reporting

Totally agree with you.

Someone has to have deliberately posted false information of stabbings and a fatality onto either Fb or twitter for Stv to have picked up on a posting on one of these social media accounts.

It could easily have been done by an Stv Yam or Hun fan reporter to fabricate an Stv report to taint both sets of supporters. Nothing to stop them having a social media account under a false name.

Otherwise it would seem a sacking offense to put out a report of stabbings and fatality without ensuring there was some truth to it.

Stv 'reporter' with Yam or Hun leanings at it, it would appear!!!

Glory Glory

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-01-2017, 11:33 AM
I walked past about a dozen of third casuals on Regent Road at about 11 in a Hibs jacket. Wasn't feeling too smart about it but they didn't look the road I was on.

Thats alright then (maybe).

gramskiwood
07-01-2017, 11:49 AM
What, couple of plumbers straight from their work?

Amazing how much p!sh folk can talk

Was told this by folk that were in Tamsons.

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2017, 11:53 AM

So far as the posts on here go all I can see is folk reporting what they saw written on social media or had heard 2nd hand, nobody said that they 'knew' somebody had been stabbed or killed, only that they had heard it may have happened ..... hardly being a 'gob*****'

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 12:04 PM

Exactly this. Bored 14 year old masturbators desperate for a girlfriend creating 'news' for 40 year old alcoholics under the shadow of redundancy urgently trying to tempt the frightened, insecure citizens at home to click the links and fuel the fake outrage generated from the sense of powerlesness created by our flatlining debt-laden global economy looted by the 1%.

Or am I being too cynical?

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Exactly this. Bored 14 year old masturbators desperate for a girlfriend creating 'news' for 40 year old alcoholics under the shadow of redundancy urgently trying to tempt the frightened, insecure citizens at home to click the links and fuel the fake outrage generated from the sense of powerlesness created by our flatlining debt-laden global economy looted by the 1%.

Or am I being too cynical?

:greengrin I'm now 100% convinced you are Irvine Welsh.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 12:23 PM
:greengrin I'm now 100% convinced you are Irvine Welsh.

Never in a million years would I be seen dead in the tatty green fleece I once saw Welsh sport at ER. Thought to be fair, he did on one occasion wear a leather jacket -I think a Hugo Boss - which I thought was decent.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Never in a million years would I be seen dead in the tatty green fleece I once saw Welsh sport at ER. Thought to be fair, he did on one occasion wear a leather jacket -I think a Hugo Boss - which I thought was decent.

:hmmm: :greengrin

Seveno
07-01-2017, 01:09 PM
When I reached the top of Easter Road, there was a ambulance and a number of police cars and vans. At least 20 police on the ground with one guy shouting at them for taking their time getting there. More police on London Road, on the footpath up to Royal Terrace and heading up the top part of Easter Road to go to Regent Road where the away supporter buses are parked.

Tamhere1875
07-01-2017, 01:20 PM
4 arrested according to stv no names or where they are from

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 01:22 PM
4 arrested according to stv no names or where they are from

Be interesting to learn whether they are East of Scotland fans, or followers of Scottish Championship. We might have to wait for the BBC to get us to speed on that one.

Diclonius
07-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Daily Record doesn't specify the names of the perpetrators which either means they're Dundee United fans or the reporter doesn't know. You can be damn sure if they knew Hibs fans were arrested they'd tell you.

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Daily Record doesn't specify the names of the perpetrators which either means they're Dundee United fans or the reporter doesn't know. You can be damn sure if they knew Hibs fans were arrested they'd tell you.

along with photos and home addresses of the 'accused'

Sir David Gray
07-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Whoever made that up should be ashamed of themselves.

:agree: Posts quickly deleted. Disgraceful that anyone would post such a thing if it wasn't true, just because it fits in with their warped agenda.

Kato
07-01-2017, 05:05 PM

Perpetrators of what?

macca70
07-01-2017, 05:25 PM
So seems like there might have been a couple of incidents, a fight where someone ended up in hospital and 4 have been charged as a result.

And some drunk United fan falling over or being run over.

HappyHanlon
07-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Seen the ambulance and a number 1 bus which had its lights off and looked like it was the vehicle that caused the accident.

The DUFC fans are weirdos like. One of their supporter buses passed me on the way up the road and they were jumping about having a party - must have got the scoreline mixed up :greengrin

snooky
07-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Are you sure what you spotted wasn't at LNER? :wink:

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Seen the ambulance and a number 1 bus which had its lights off and looked like it was the vehicle that caused the accident.

The DUFC fans are weirdos like. One of their supporter buses passed me on the way up the road and they were jumping about having a party - must have got the scoreline mixed up :greengrin
Think the bus had just turned it's engine off as it wasn't going anywhere with the road blocked

givescotlandfreedom
07-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Think the bus had just turned it's engine off as it wasn't going anywhere with the road blocked

They're eco hybrid thingies so just run off battery when idle. Can't believe I've just written that.

ronaldo7
08-01-2017, 10:22 AM
So seems like there might have been a couple of incidents, a fight where someone ended up in hospital and 4 have been charged as a result.

And some drunk United fan falling over or being run over.

:agree:https://t.co/p5l74aJ2V1

Keith_M
08-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Doesn't exactly sound like a major riot.

If these 'Utility' dudes really want a proper fight, why don't they arrange one over their Mobile Phones and have a pagger in some side street, like in the 'good old days'

WestStandMoaner
08-01-2017, 10:35 AM
:agree:https://t.co/p5l74aJ2V1

Walked past Tamsons and there was about a dozen or so DUTD casuals who started to shout about where is CCS they walked all the way up St Clair street on their mobiles shouting where are you got to the top of the road saw all the hibbys then went very quiet. Certainly none of them looked tooled up and there was a few young looking guys who looked a bit nervous but one older guy mouthing and trying to gee them up

nothing more than stupid little twats

Paisley Hibby
08-01-2017, 10:41 AM
From STV Edinburgh...

A man is in hospital after suffering a head injury outside a football stadium in Edinburgh.

Police confirmed the man was hurt after Hibernian played Dundee Utd in a Scottish Championship match at Easter Road stadium on Friday night.

The incident came amid reports of violence between rival supporters after the game.

More than 18,000 fans attended the fixture in Edinburgh's Leith area.

Police attended the scene at around 9.30pm on Easter Road.

The man's condition is not yet known, and he remains in hospital receiving treatment for his injuries.

That really is a bit of **** stirring journalism. It wasn't "outside the stadium", it was on Easter Road and at 9.30 - ie 15 mins before the match ended.

Most likely a DUFC fan who left early got knocked down crossing the road. But hey, that hasn't stopped this journalist trying to imply it was result of fans rioting.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2017, 10:43 AM
I'd say the time quoted is a bit of a clue? Much more likely a DUFC fan who left early got knocked down crossing the road. But hey, that won't stop some folk trying to claim it was a riot.

4 folk have been arrested for it

macca70
08-01-2017, 10:46 AM
I'd say the time quoted is a bit of a clue? Much more likely a DUFC fan who left early got knocked down crossing the road. But hey, that won't stop some folk trying to claim it was a riot.

There's clearly been 2 incidents, 1 where a United fan has been run over and this:

Four men aged 18, 21, 21 and 28, have been arrested and charged after a 19-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from a head injury incurred during a fight on Easter Road at around 9.30pm on Friday.

The man, who was knocked unconscious, was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment and the four men detained nearby.

The incident came in the aftermath of Hibs victory against Dundee United where almost 19,000 attended the fixture.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Police in Edinburgh are investigating after a 19-year-old man sustained a head injury following an altercation at the junction of Easter Road and Rossie Place around 9.25pm on Friday.

“He was taken by the Scottish Ambulance Service to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment.

“Four men were detained shortly afterwards following a disturbance at the junction of Easter Road and London Road.

“They were subsequently arrested and charged and will appear in court at a later date.

“Anyone with information about either of these incidents is urged to contact Police Scotland on 101 or report this anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

ronaldo7
08-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Walked past Tamsons and there was about a dozen or so DUTD casuals who started to shout about where is CCS they walked all the way up St Clair street on their mobiles shouting where are you got to the top of the road saw all the hibbys then went very quiet. Certainly none of them looked tooled up and there was a few young looking guys who looked a bit nervous but one older guy mouthing and trying to gee them up

They should have come in, we were having a sing song.:greengrin

at last 61
08-01-2017, 12:43 PM
The 4 that were arrested surely weren't at the game if they were they would have to have left before mcginn came on never mind score a goal none the less hope the d.utd fan is OK. nobody should come back from a game worst of health wise than when they set of for the game unless it's a sore throat.

08-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Too many lazy journalists out there who will just write any old tittle tattle they see on social media.

c31
08-01-2017, 12:53 PM

probably weren't old enough...

08-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Casuals are embarrassing. Mostly just groups of weedy, 12 year old looking wee laddies who think their hard because they have a stone island jacket on. Height of cringe.

Jack Hackett
08-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Casuals are embarrassing. Mostly just groups of weedy, 12 year old looking wee laddies who think their hard because they have a stone island jacket on. Height of cringe.

Nah! Yams referring to themselves as 'The Famous' easily tops that. :jamboak:

hibsboy07
08-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Could have been the hibees from Aberdeen on there way home

offshorehibby
08-01-2017, 02:52 PM

That misses of mine would have chased them up the road probably.:tee hee::tee hee:

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Too many lazy journalists out there who will just write any old tittle tattle they see on social media.

Spoke to an ex colleague of mine who has connections with a well know Embra publication. They are/were looking at using a tool to scan social media to home in on stories and get the "hot off the press" (mashed pun intended). Just the sort of thing that's likely to come in " there's reports coming in ..." based on a fair bit of speculation and little time for confirmation or analysis. In other words pish...

ronaldo7
08-01-2017, 06:31 PM
That misses of mine would have chased them up the road probably.:tee hee::tee hee:

Friday night is Karaoke night after all.....SCARY!

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2017, 07:37 PM

It's fashionable now for groups of young kids who want to avoid a fight but show off, to strut around on main thoroughfares, fully aware that they won't be confronted by seasoned thugs, who have too much savvy to engage in front of cameras and do jail time. It allows them to indulge in the fantasy that the 'CCS' or whoever the supposed opposition are, were hiding from them.

Most of it is just harmless youthful acting out, though there will be some dimmer sorts who will fall foul of the law, their posturing eventually costing them dearly, as polis pluck them out to make stats look good and justify the OT.

Then there is always a sad older guy, trying to cling to the remnants of youth, but unfortunately resembling nothing much more than a paedophille scoutmaster, as he shepherd's his younger charges, his head swiveling from side to side in search of the potential 'off' which invariably never happens.

iwasthere1972
08-01-2017, 11:06 PM
I saw it all.

I was in Scotmid on Easter Road and four Dundee United supporters started throwing bags of frozen vegetables (which split and made a right mess on the floor) at a couple of Hibs fans who were minding their own business. The police arrived within minutes and charged the Dundee United fans with 'Breech of the Peas"

Honest.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 11:11 PM
I saw it all.

I was in Scotmid on Easter Road and four Dundee United supporters started throwing bags of frozen vegetables (which split and made a right mess on the floor) at a couple of Hibs fans who were minding their own business. The police arrived within minutes and charged the Dundee United fans with 'Breech of the Peas"

Honest.
I think it spread to the pet food area where they were charged with littering with intent..........