PDA

View Full Version : Squad depth and quality

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Been a good few years since we had this much depth.

A few weeks ago it was looking worrying with the injuries but we have brought in players like we needed and think about who didn't start tonight..

Fyvie
Keatings
Holt
Shinnie
Super John
Graham
Forster
Martin
Eardley
Fontaine
Harris
Marciano
Handling
Crane

That's nearly a full back up team !

Looks like really good competition for places also.

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
The quality of our squad is superb, better than the majority of the spl.

Now we have the correct formation and players in place hopefully we can make that step up.

Will be interesting to see what his starting 11 is when everyone is fit

Jack
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Subbing Commons for McGinn.

Any club in Scotland and other places besides would cream themselves with the very thought.

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 10:54 PM
The good thing also is now he can adapt the team to the opposition we play.

Dylan who missed much of the start of the season has been outstanding since Fyvie and Super John have been out.

PompeyHibs
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Subbing Commons for McGinn.

Any club in Scotland and other places besides would cream themselves with the very thought.

Agreed 10/10

Champs league player off then current Scottish International comes on...

GreenCastle
07-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Wonder if the result against Utd will stop Lennon adding anymore players?

Also let's hope we hear about Commons extending a deal sooner rather than later.

southsider
07-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Wonder if the result against Utd will stop Lennon adding anymore players?

Also let's hope we hear about Commons extending a deal sooner rather than later.
Short term loan deal ends next week. NL has said that talks will be held soon. Think he will stay as after last night what player worth their salt would not want to play in that team.

Big_Franck
07-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Been a good few years since we had this much depth.

A few weeks ago it was looking worrying with the injuries but we have brought in players like we needed and think about who didn't start tonight..

Fyvie
Keatings
Holt
Shinnie
Super John
Graham
Forster
Martin
Eardley
Fontaine
Harris
Marciano
Handling
Crane

That's nearly a full back up team !

Looks like really good competition for places also.

You could make a decent team out of those that didnt start last night.

Marciano
Eardley
Forster
Fontaine
Crane
Fyvie
McGinn
Handling/Martin
Shinnie
Keatings
Holt/Graham

If we can get Commons until the end of the season we'll romp the league.

LustForLeith
07-01-2017, 10:08 AM
I was thinking about this on the way to work today. Let's say all players are fully fit and free of suspension. What would be the ideal starting eleven?

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Listening to the BBC sportsound podcast for the 30 mins after last night's game they are all waxing lyrical about the Hibs squad and the strength of our bench in particular last night. Great credit to is the fans who have backed the team in numbers this season both with ST s , HSL, Shares, cup final merchandise...we made it possible. And huge thanks to LD for backing Lennon. Hopefully get Commons signed and NL said last night possibly one more??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 10:22 AM
I was thinking about this on the way to work today. Let's say all players are fully fit and free of suspension. What would be the ideal starting eleven?

For me it would be the same as last night but McGinn in for Bartley.

As good as he was last night I just don't think we need big Marv in the majority of games

oneone73
07-01-2017, 10:22 AM
For me it would be the same as last night but McGinn in for Bartley.

As good as he was last night I just don't think we need big Marv in the majority of games

No Fyvie?

neil7908
07-01-2017, 10:23 AM

Really tricky one. Our midfield is unbelievable at the moment. The defence probably takes care of itself, although the more I see of Laidlaw the more I liked him.

For me at the moment we don't necessarily need a first 11, we should be adapting based on the opposition. So Holt/Graham may play if we need a physical presence up front. Although Bartley was immense I'm not sure he needs to start every game for us. But if we're drawn with Celtic in the cup he's just about the first name on the team sheet for me.

The key I think is flexibility and apart from cover at fullback, we have some amazing options in this squad.

I'd actually really like to see us play a decent SPL team in the cup as I think we'll vs more than a match for anyone bar Celtic.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 10:24 AM
No Fyvie?

I like Fyvie but don't know who would drop out for him. If we continue with the same formation then either McGinn, Fyvie or Mcgeouch doesn't play